Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I don't really get the speech at the end, is she complaining that people find her fixable shortcomings unattractive? Also I don't buy the whole it's worse to be a fat woman than a fat man thing, literally every fatty fat dude under 30 I've known has been a virgin and had pretty much no chance with women ever, but I've known plenty of girls that looked like her and they didn't have too much trouble dating.

I wonder what the statistics on relative fatness between men and women are like in america. My town may be weird but I see fat girls with thin guys all the time, same with relatively in shape dudes but I very rarely see it the other way around.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't really get the speech at the end, is she complaining that people find her fixable shortcomings unattractive? Also I don't buy the whole it's worse to be a fat woman than a fat man thing, literally every fatty fat dude under 30 I've known has been a virgin and had pretty much no chance with women ever, but I've known plenty of girls that looked like her and they didn't have too much trouble dating.

I wonder what the statistics on relative fatness between men and women are like in america. My town may be weird but I see fat girls with thin guys all the time, same with relatively in shape dudes but I very rarely see it the other way around.

Yeah the point fell flat for me because it's not like she's some kind of genetically deformed monster. She just needs to lose some weight. She's not heinously overweight. Imagine how loving great it would be if you could DRASTICALLY improve your life by skipping dessert and working out for 6 months.

Thin privilege is being at or near the peak of your potential and knowing no matter how hard you work, things can't get that much better.

But poo poo, is eating too much food really that great? Is sitting on your rear end so much better than dragging yourself to the gym?

I find it really hard to have sympathy for white western women who would have flawless lives if they just removed the one obstacle that they themselves have control over more than anyone or anything else.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I'm surprised this show wasn't cancelled like his sitcom was. It's mostly sad and awkward things happening with very little laugh out loud funny haha. In short, not something I would expect to last as long as it has on a Major Network.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

folgore posted:

I'm surprised this show wasn't cancelled like his sitcom was. It's mostly sad and awkward things happening with very little laugh out loud funny haha. In short, not something I would expect to last as long as it has on a Major Network.

It's on FX, not really a major network. They pretty much give him full reign to do whatever he wants with the show

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

folgore posted:

It's a good show - and I didn't really enjoy his HBO sitcom. He talks about how they tried to force him to make it like the Honeymooners. His new show kind of defies categorization but it's more a series of episodical vignettes than a sitcom. It's not supposed to be super-hilarious all the time like his standup, and he does a great job of balancing tone and emotion between scenes.

It gets good reviews. Not great, but good enough.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

I believe it's called "button cock" :eng101:

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
Whatever happened to the word "plump"? Asking for a friend tia.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
fat people are disgusting and whiny as poo poo

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

Shaming is medicine for the fatness that is in your soul

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My metabolism is insane so I'm 125 pounds despite eating like poo poo and never exercising so I guess I can't really judge anyone.

Master J Plus
Apr 20, 2010

by Hand Knit

Benedick Cuckold posted:

i love it when my dates spontaneously burst into dramatic monologues about gender politics

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
This is a pretty bad thread but I still like it because it told me there's a new Louie season out

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Today's CyberJoke 3000™

It May Be Time To Diet If: You're diagnosed with a flesh-eating virus and the doctor gives you twenty years to live. You put mayonnaise on your aspirin. Your driver's license says, "Photo continued on other side." At the zoo, the elephants throw you peanuts. You ran away from home and your photo took up all four sides of the milk carton. You can sell shade. Your blood type is "Ragu." You were born with a silver shovel in your mouth.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
So I work at this restaurant and the manager doesn't understand that fibromyalgia is code for giant, overweight neurotic hypochondriac old lady. Anyway, reservations are made for this "meeting" and jeeesus good luck fitting past those tables.

Fat.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Its time to go on a diet if u look down and cant see ur dick

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

tiananman posted:

It's a good show - and I didn't really enjoy his HBO sitcom. He talks about how they tried to force him to make it like the Honeymooners. His new show kind of defies categorization but it's more a series of episodical vignettes than a sitcom. It's not supposed to be super-hilarious all the time like his standup, and he does a great job of balancing tone and emotion between scenes.

It gets good reviews. Not great, but good enough.

I thought with his HBO sitcom he was deliberately trying to make a latter-day Honeymooners (up to & including a very basic, obviously fake set) and nobody "got" it.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

you're a sloganeering dipshit (no offense)

it actually fit if you think about it, considering all of that poo poo about human evolutionary lifestyle and biology was made up to justify an opinion

not really much difference

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Luvcow posted:

I believe it's called "button cock" :eng101:

http://ilikedicklets.tumblr.com/
hairy, smooth, i like big nipples, just be sexy

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
That episode was really great. It made me think about all the fat erasure I have been engaged in. From now on, I am going to be attracted to fat chicks and not retch if one displays her gunt on the subway.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

My metabolism is insane so I'm 125 pounds despite eating like poo poo and never exercising so I guess I can't really judge anyone.

Pretty much me, but I also do sit-ups and push-ups and all that like four times a week. But I eat junk all the time and most of my time is spent sitting on my rear end. All it would've taken would've been fat genetics and I'd be a whale.

The only thing that sucks about being skinny is that I'm like a hummingbird, and I have to snack constantly.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Her rant went on for a really long time and I zoned out, unable to think anything besides "Would I gently caress this actress?"

And I think I would. If she lost a few pounds.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Animal-Mother posted:

Her rant went on for a really long time and I zoned out, unable to think anything besides "Would I gently caress this actress?"

And I think I would. If she lost a few pounds.

TBH I'd gently caress that actress.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Why do they always have really lovely badly dyed obnoxious hair colours lol.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Because you won't see the fat when you're lookin at the wacky hair

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I like the glasses that seem to have been picked to perfectly accentuate the massive head-to-face ratio.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

the best part of that picture is the guy trying not to puke

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BlueChocolate posted:

the best part of that picture is the guy trying not to puke

the journey obvious didn't involve too much walking

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Imagine going back in time to like 1984 and telling everyone "This photo is the end result of whatever it is you are doing now."

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

Ponce de Le0n posted:

because anime

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Maoist Pussy posted:

Imagine going back in time to like 1984 and telling everyone "This photo is the end result of whatever it is you are doing now."

He's probably a really good son

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Luvcow posted:

I can understand being fat because, to be perfectly honest, getting there is a whole lot of fun. What I don't understand is why you would post a picture of yourself looking like an obese toddler on Facebook.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Irish Joe posted:

I can understand being fat because, to be perfectly honest, getting there is a whole lot of fun. What I don't understand is why you would post a picture of yourself looking like an obese toddler on Facebook.
Are we sure that isn't Fetlife?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
more like Fatlife

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

CuddleChunks posted:

OPERATION DESSERT STORM

:vince: You are pretty much my poster of the year 2014 for this. Holy poo poo.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher
Just saw the episode after reading that blog post from that anonymous comedy actress who didn't get the part.

It was sort of a bummer because the chick who got the part is in fact not "not that fat" or "sexy", but is in fact a person whose face is melting into her neck and who manages to look fat standing next to Louis CK.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i thought it was an ok episode and i enjoy the work of Louis CK, beloved american comedian

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luvcow posted:

we wouldn't have made fun of that kid in the 80's because... well that's not a fat kid. that's a disabled kid.

we hung out with the fat kid sometimes.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher

THS posted:

i thought it was an ok episode and i enjoy the work of Louis CK, beloved american comedian

I too love Louis CK. So much so that i'm sure that when his show, which I love, gets around to portraying the things I care about, he'll drop his character's perpetually awkward confusion and treat it with the seriousness it deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

Cold and Ugly posted:

Just saw the episode after reading that blog post from that anonymous comedy actress who didn't get the part.

It was sort of a bummer because the chick who got the part is in fact not "not that fat" or "sexy", but is in fact a person whose face is melting into her neck and who manages to look fat standing next to Louis CK.

Only her face is fat.

• Locked thread