Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
It made me appreciate how being a fat chick must be hard. I still wouldn't date one though. What are your opinions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

3D GAY WORLD posted:

I lost about 60 pounds awhile ago too and stopped being the pudgy, awkward guy I was in middle/high-school, but sometimes people really do have genetic predispositions towards being fat and even though that's not the case for 90% of fat people there's still a lot of reasons why it would be very hard for someone to lose a significant amount of weight, especially given that depression and obesity tend to go hand-in-hand.

exercising helps depression though, it's win win you just gotta have the right attitude

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

ChairmanMeow posted:

OP post the drat rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFdWcNJ17YY

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

But can't you see the grossness?? I mean it's so gross!! How dare Louis C.K. make an episode about it?!

It boggles the mind, I tell you.

Louis will never be a goon because even though he is awkward (like you) he is also super-famous and successful (unlike you.) He's the premiere comic of our time, which is a real accomplishment.

When asked in an interview what his character is, he basically put it like this: "The guy I play is me, except he's not learned any of the important life lessons that I have. He's me, but dumber and less wise."

Show me a "goon" who can put a live comedy show that is like George Carlin's, in the sense that he can do an act and then throw the material away and do just as good of an act a year later with all new material (which most comedians cannot do) and make millions selling direct on the internet; and get a TV show where he has no censors whatever, that he writes and directs himself. He only recently gave the job of editing the show (which he was doing by himself on a Macbook of all things away because he wanted to focus more on the writing.
This dude shuts down production at least three days a week just to be with his daughters. How many employed "goons" can claim that?

O, and that show I linked above, he gave the majority of the MILLIONS of dollars he made from it to charity. He kept $250k for his family, and the rest went to crew and charities.

When offered more money to make his show, he said, "No, I won't lets Standards and Practices review every show I do. I'll do it for cheap so I can do it my way."

Dude seems pretty cool.

He addressed this, too; in an episode. He finds humor in awkward and sad situations, so he makes a show that fits that theme. The weirdness IS what's amusing.

Oh word?

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

exercising is a temporary band-aid for depression like masturbation or pizza. no long-lasting effects.

suicide is the permanent cure, everyone knows that

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Oh yeah I forgot to post this funny article by a chubby chaser who thinks his weird fetish normalizes fats

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/what-louies-fat-girls-tirade-got-wrong-about-the-dudes-1575868260/+tcraggs22

bbw posted:

Baker is fantastic in this role: A beautiful blonde whose frankness and big eyes recall Liz Phair, she's personable and daring without actually coming off as a Manic Pixie Dream Anything, a good sport about Louie's bullshit, but not too good a sport, keeping him anxious in the right ways. Then she gives The Speech, and that's where she loses me.

Yes, everything in it is true: "I can get laid; any woman who is willing can get laid." But I don't understand why fat female characters as well-created as hers can't get someone to date them on TV, when real life shows differently. This is not to say that there aren't all kinds of other horrors in dating fat, from being reduced to a fetish and harassed online, to learning that the man you've been seeing is "closeted" or, worse, married. But when Vanessa announces that she's not looking for a boyfriend, and just wants someone to hold her hand, it's time to update mainstream TV—even progressive, sui generis mainstream TV like Louie—with some representation of me or the thousands of men paying and traveling to meet their first choice: a fat partner like her.

There's zero representation for actual FAs ("fat admirers," which is admittedly a voyeuristic term; I prefer the classic "chubby chaser") on TV. Instead, when we're not relegated to a bit-part joke (two words: DJ Qualls), we just get the occasional long feel-good arc where the guy mind-over-matters the fat girl's body because of L-O-V-E, when it's just another obstacle the initially disinterested dude valiantly overcomes. In real life, there are muscular guys who want fat women, and there are plenty of women that size who aren't interested in a 5'6" guy like me. There are people with all sorts of physical preferences, and/or the inclination to overlook all of them in name of L-O-V-E. It's just as easy to identify with Louie in this episode: Haven't we all been rejected by the people we're attracted to, or convinced that we're only asked out by the people to whom we're not?

lol

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

folgore posted:

I'm surprised this show wasn't cancelled like his sitcom was. It's mostly sad and awkward things happening with very little laugh out loud funny haha. In short, not something I would expect to last as long as it has on a Major Network.

It's on FX, not really a major network. They pretty much give him full reign to do whatever he wants with the show

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Disco Pope posted:

Her torso looks like a cool duck with shades.

lol

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Look normally I say live and let live w/r/t fat chicks, but if you're at the bar and pestering your hot friend to leave when I'm trying to mack it to her, you can gently caress right off to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Frostwerks posted:

This literally happens. I mean not that last part. But Louie CK corners and up and coming comedian and jacks off on her

what are you talking about

• Locked thread