Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
You can't get a train ticket unless there is a train route there. Also you might want to try clearing your debt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Kill off the Warlock, move to London and Acquire Assets.

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
Hmm, I missed the train ticket restriction. I may as well try clearing debt then.

Cast Plumb the Void. Move Lily to Shanghai
Test influence to clear debt

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Kane kills off the Warlock and takes 1 Health. He heads to London and chats up UKIP for election ideas. (Influence: 1 1 1 4 5 5)
Culver moves to San Fran and casts Shriveling. (Lore: 1 3 3 5 5 6) The Hound of Tindalos loses 2 health.

Shriveling, 3 successes posted:

The magic spreads, and the burning flesh peels from your enemies' bodies. Each other Monster on your space also loses 2 Health.
Stanley successfully clears her debt (Influence: 4 4) and casts Plumb the Void. (Lore-1: 1 1 5) Lily is moved to Shanghai.

Plumb The Void, 1 success posted:

Your mind leaves your body as the portal opens, and you fear you may become lost. Lose 1 Sanity.

I just picked up the condition deck to put the Debt away and had a spider scurry across my hand, I'm just putting that out there. The things I do for my players.

Chen rests and grabs a Train Ticket.
Scarborough grabs a Clue.
Withers heads to Buenos Aires and casts Feed the Mind. (Lore-1: 2 3 5) He improves Lore and takes 1 Sanity.

Action Queue
- Kane: Spend 2 money.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 18, 2014

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Do I get a reroll on my spell roll from my arcane scholar?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops, forgot you had that thing. 2 extra effective dice, let me fix it up.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Stelas posted:

Whoops, forgot you had that thing. 2 extra effective dice, let me fix it up.

Awesome! More sanity is always a good thing.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Take the Private Investigator for myself.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Unless something amazing comes up to replace the PI I intend to buy the Spirit Dagger and/or bandages for one of our fighter-y guys next round.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Kane picks up the Private Investigator.
Reserve reveals Holy Water (Item, 2): You may discard this card to gain +5 Strength and +5 Will during a single combat. Action: Discard this card to choose an investigator on your space to gain a Blessed condition.

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
I should have another die when casting for Arcane Manuscripts. I don't know if a second success would matter in this case though.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

All these people with so many items already! :argh: (6) but nothing changes - the message is for 1-2 successes.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Would people think poorly of me if I took the Holy Water and blessed myself? :ohdear:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Alris posted:

Would people think poorly of me if I took the Holy Water and blessed myself? :ohdear:

Well, if you blessed yourself, you could buy more things for the rest of us!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Either that or toss it to Barry so he can kill the Children more easily, your call. But buy it ASAP.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Right, where was I?

Encounter Queue
- Kane: London
- Culver: Fight -> Gate
- Stanley: Buenos Aires
- Chen: Shanghai Gate
- Scarborough: Children -> Wilderness
- Withers: Buenos Aires

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 3 - ENCOUNTER PHASE

Status - Turn 3 posted:

Monsters:
  • Istanbul: Maniac - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will+1 vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 2. If you fail the Combat test, you may discard an Ally rather than lose Health. If you defeat this Monster in combat, gain the Axe.
  • San Francisco: Hound of Tindalos - 1/3 HP. Horror: Will vs 2. Combat: Strength-1 vs 3. On a Reckoning, move this Monster to the nearest space containing an investigator, and they immediately encounter it.
  • Pyramids: Children of Yig - 5/8 HP. No Horror roll. Combat: Strength-2 vs 2. Before combat, test Observation-1. If you fail, this Epic Monster moves immediately to a random space without a Combat test.
Investigators:
  • Charlie Kane (Alris) - Health 3/4, Sanity 8/8. Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2.
    Action: Another investigator of your choice may immediately perform 1 additional action.
    When you acquire assets, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase.
    Personal Assistant: Gain +1 Influence. You may reroll 1 die in Influence tests.
    Private Investigator: Gain +1 Observation. You may reroll 1 die during an Observation test.
    Cultes des Goules: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to gain 2 Clues.

• Jim Culver (Meinberg) - Health 7/7, Sanity 3/5. Lore 3+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 3. 1 Clue.
    Action: You and each investigator on your space recovers 1 Sanity.
    You and investigators on your space roll 1 additional die in all Combat and Horror tests.
    Fresh Fruit: When you rest, you may discard this card to recover 1 additional Health and 1 additional Sanity.
    Arcane Scholar: Gain +1 Lore. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Lore test.
    Shriveling Spell: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, choose a Monster on your space to lose 2 Health. Then flip this card.
    Debt: Local Action: Test Influence. If you pass, discard this card. On a Reckoning, flip this card.

• Diana Stanley (Arrion) - Health 7/7, Sanity 4/5. Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1. 1 Ship Ticket.
    Action: If there is a Cultist on your space, discard all Monsters on that space or move the Cultist to any other space.
    Reduce the Horror test of Monsters you encounter to difficulty 1.
    Carbine Rifle: Once per round, gain +5 Strength during a Combat test.
    Arcane Manuscripts: Gain +1 Lore when resolving Spell effects.
    King James Bible: You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Horror test. When you rest, recover 1 additional Sanity.
    Wither Spell: When resolving a Combat test, you may test Lore. If you pass, gain +3 Strength during that test. Then flip this card.
    Plumb the Void: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, an investigator of your choice may move to any space. Then, flip this card.
    Blessed: 4, 5, and 6 count as successes on your tests. If you become Blessed, flip this card instead. If you become Cursed, discard this card instead. On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, discard this card.

• Lily Chen (Fat Samurai) - Health 6/6, Sanity 5/6. Lore 2, Influence 2, Observation 2, Strength 4+2, Will 3. 1 Train Ticket. 2 Clues.
    Action: Spend any number of Health or Sanity, and regain an equal amount of Health or Sanity.
    When you improve a skill, you may immediately improve that skill again.
    Protective Amulet: Gain +1 Will during Horror tests.
    Lucky Rabbit's Foot: Once per round, you may reroll a die.
    Milk of Shub-Niggurath: Action: Test Will. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to recover all Health and improve Strength twice - and then a Monster ambushes you!

• Trish Scarborough (Barry Shitpeas) - Health 7/7, Sanity 4/5. Lore 1, Influence 3, Observation 4, Strength 3, Will 2. 1 Train Ticket. 1 Clue.
    Action: If you do not have any Clues, gain 1 Clue.
    If an investigator on your space spends a Clue to reroll a die, he may reroll up to 2 dice instead.
    .45 Automatic: Gain +3 Strength during Combat tests.
    Holy Cross: Gain +2 Will during Horror tests.

• Norman Withers (Indigo Cephalopods) - Health 5/5, Sanity 6/7. Lore 3+2, Influence 1, Observation 3, Strength 2+1, Will 4+1.
    Action: Spend 2 Clues to discard 1 Monster from a space containing a Gate.
    Once per round, you may spend 1 Sanity in place of spending 1 Clue.
    Mystic Bounty Hunter: Gain +1 Strength during Combat tests. Gain +2 Lore when resolving Spell tests.
    Feed The Mind Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space to improve 1 skill of their choice. Then flip this card.
    Flesh Ward: Once per round, when an investigator would lose Health, you may test Lore. If you pass, prevent that investigator from losing up to 2 Health. Then flip this card.
    Dark Pact: On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 1, it is time to fulfill your part of the bargain; flip this card.

COMBAT

Culver faces down the Hound of Tindalos! (Strength 3, Will 4)

quote:

Horror - Will vs 2: 2 2 4 4. 2 Sanity loss.
Combat - Strength-1 vs 3: 4 6. 2 Health loss, Hound of Tindalos is defeated.

:cthulhu: Combat sucks without weapons. It's the one thing in the game you need huge amounts of dice for.
Scarborough faces off against the Children of Yig... if she can find them. (Strength 6, Will 4)

quote:

Sight - Observation-1: 2 4 5.
Combat - Strength-2 vs 2: 1 1 3 6 Clue: 2 3. 1 Health loss, Children take 1 damage.

ENCOUNTERS

Charlie Kane

London posted:

In exchange for a generous donation, the Penhew Foundation will happily show the results of its global explorations. You may gain a Debt condition to gain 2 Clues.
Jim Culver

The Dreamlands posted:

You are strictly admonished that in the city of Ulthar, no man may kill a cat. As a result, you see the city is filled with cats. If you know the language, you can communicate with these highly intelligent creatures. (Lore: 1 2 2 3 3 6) The cats are pleased to chat and share useful secrets. Gain 2 Clues. When the topic of food is brought up, dozens of cats take an interest. A crowd of hungry felines surround you. Become Delayed unless you spend 1 Health. If you spend the Health, you feed the cats your rations and go hungry yourself; close this Gate.
Diana Stanley

Buenos Aires posted:

You discover a dying serpent person. There's evidence that deep ones interrogated it. The creature repeats a strange phrase. (Lore-1: 1 3 5) If you pass, gain 1 Clue and 1 Ritual spell.

Stanley draws Blessing of Isis: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space that does not have a Blessed condition to gain one.
Lily Chen

Plateau of Leng posted:

As you make your way through a web-filled valley, you see an enormous purple spider crawling towards your path. You hope to sneak past the creature. (Observation-1: 6) As you leave the spider behind, you discover the corpse of a previous victim. You find the unfortunate man's journal and translate the strange symbols on the pages. (Lore: 1 2 Rabbit Foot: 1 Clue: 2 Clue: 4) If you fail, you misinterpret the directions: gain a Lost in Space And Time condition.

:cthulhu: Lost in Space and Time takes you off the board entirely for one action turn, then gives you an encounter to get back onto the board. So it's basically Delayed but your next encounter is fixed. On the other hand, you come back wherever you like, so it's useful in that respect at least.
Trish Scarborough is busy!

Norman Withers

Buenos Aires posted:

You hear the sad tale of Rufina, who died after her beloved was unfaithful. Riddled with guilt, her lover used dark magic to bring her back from death. You search for signs of the spell he used.[I] (Observation-1: 3 6) [I]If you pass, gain a Healing Words spell.

Withers draws Healing Words Spell: When an ivnestigator on your space performs a rest action, you may test Lore. If you pass, that investigator recovers 1 additional Health and Sanity. Then flip this card.

Action Queue
- Kane, Culver: Take the deal?

Stelas fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 18, 2014

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I'll use Flesh Ward for Culver if I can

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I will take the deal.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

I'll use Flesh Ward for Culver if I can

Yep, I'll get it all done in one post once Alris decides whether to take his deal.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Didn't I get two clues from that expedition? Throw them at the Gate!

EDIT: Spelling is fun!

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 18, 2014

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Take the deal.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Kane picks up a Debt, gaining 2 Clues.
Culver loses a Health, closing the Gate.
Chen tosses out two Clues, but the future refuses to change! (Encounter post is updated.)
Withers casts Flesh Ward on Culver. (Lore: 1 5 5 5 5 5 6)

Flesh Ward... uh... 6 successes posted:

The magic wards you from physical harm, rendering you nearly immortal. Prevent that investigator from losing up to 4 Health instead.

:cthulhu: Unfortunately, since you can only do that in response to a 2 HP attack, it still only blocks 2.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Stelas posted:

Chen tosses out two Clues, but the future refuses to change! (Encounter post is updated.)

That's it. I'm not getting near any other Gate for the rest of the game.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 3 - MYTHOS PHASE

Mythos posted:

From Bad To Worse (Yellow: Omen, Reckoning, Gates)

Piece by piece, you are falling apart. It's getting harder to successfully negotiate simple human interactions. Your wounds won't stop bleeding, and your hands won't stop shaking.

Each investigator loses 1 Health for each Injury condition they have, loses 1 Sanity for each Madness condition they have, and loses 1 Clue for each Deal condition they have.

The Omen advances to Red. 1 Doom is gained from open Gates. Doom advances to 7.
There is a Reckoning.

Reckoning posted:

Thanks to Yig's influence, a Cultist spawns at the Himalayas.

Kane's Debt gets called in.

Bag Man posted:

A man surprises you in your hotel room and presses you for information. You fear that if you do not tell him what he wants to know, you'll never be heard from again. Spend 1 Clue. If you do not spend the Clue, move to a random space and become Delayed. Then discard this card.
Culver's Debt gets called in.

Make A Deal posted:

Walking into the alley, you hear the distinct ticking of a watch. An intruder dressed in a fine black suit stands in the shadows. He tells you that he'll help you in exchange for an undefined favour. You may gain a Dark Pact condition. If you do not, the ticking noise begins to hypnotize you; advance Doom by 1. Then discard this card.
Stanley is still Blessed. (Blessed: 4)
It is not yet Withers' time. (Dark Pact: 5)
Gates spawn at Sydney (Red) and Buenos Aires (Blue).
A Warlock spawns at Sydney, and a Hound of Tindalos at Buenos Aires.

The Mythos card resolves without anyone losing anything.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 4 - ACTION PHASE

Status - Turn 4 posted:

Doom: 7
Mythos Deck: 13/16
Mysteries Complete: 0/3
Gate Tokens Remaining: 2/9 (2 in discard)
Gates: Red: Shanghai, Sydney. Green: Istanbul. Blue: Tokyo, Buenos Aires.
Omen Stage: Green -> Blue -> Red -> Blue
Expedition: The Himalayas
Clues: Tunguska, 3, 4, 8, 12, 17.
Lead Investigator: Charlie Kane

Yig posted:

• On a Reckoning, spawn a Cultist on the current Expedition space. Then, if there are 2 or more monsters on that space, advance Doom.
  • When 3 Mysteries have been solved, investigators win the game.

Descendants of Yig posted:

Should any human ever incur the wrath of Yig, the Father of Serpents will claim that person's child and transform the infant into a terrible snake-like creature, horrible to look upon and seemingly immortal.

When this card enters play, spawn the Children of Yig Epic Monster on a random space. At the end of the Mythos Phase, if the Children of Yig have been defeated, solve this Mystery.
Monsters:
  • Buenos Aires: Hound of Tindalos - 3/3 HP. Horror: Will vs 2. Combat: Strength-1 vs 3. On a Reckoning, move this Monster to the nearest space containing an investigator, who immediately encounters it.
  • Istanbul: Maniac - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will+1 vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 2. If you fail the Combat test, you may discard an Ally rather than lose Health. If you defeat this Monster in combat, gain the Axe.
  • Sydney: Warlock - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 1. If you fail the horror test, lose 1 Health. On a Reckoning, roll a die. On a 1 or 2, the nearest investigator gains a Cursed condition.
  • Himalayas: Cultist - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 2. If you are lose Health from the Combat test, gain a Poisoned condition.
  • Pyramids: Children of Yig - 4/8 HP. No Horror roll. Combat: Strength-2 vs 2. Before combat, test Observation-1. If you fail, this Epic Monster moves immediately to a random space without a Combat test.
Reserve:
  • Bank Loan: Take this card when Acquiring Assets to get +2 successes and a Debt.
  • Bandages (Item, 1): You may discard this card to prevent an investigator on your space from losing up to 2 Health.
  • Spirit Dagger (Item/Weapon, 2): Gain +1 Will and +2 Strength during Combat and Horror tests.
  • Holy Water (Item, 2): You may discard this card to gain +5 Strength and +5 Will during a single combat. Action: Discard this card to choose an investigator on your space to gain a Blessed condition.
  • Witch Doctor (Ally, 3): Investigators on your space may recover 1 additional Health or discard a Cursed condition when resting.
Investigators:
  • Charlie Kane (Alris) - Health 3/4, Sanity 8/8. Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2. 1 Clue.
    Action: Another investigator of your choice may immediately perform 1 additional action.
    When you acquire assets, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase.
    Personal Assistant: Gain +1 Influence. You may reroll 1 die in Influence tests.
    Private Investigator: Gain +1 Observation. You may reroll 1 die during an Observation test.
    Cultes des Goules: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to gain 2 Clues.

• Jim Culver (Meinberg) - Health 6/7, Sanity 1/5. Lore 3+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 3. 3 Clues.
    Action: You and each investigator on your space recovers 1 Sanity.
    You and investigators on your space roll 1 additional die in all Combat and Horror tests.
    Fresh Fruit: When you rest, you may discard this card to recover 1 additional Health and 1 additional Sanity.
    Arcane Scholar: Gain +1 Lore. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Lore test.
    Shriveling Spell: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, choose a Monster on your space to lose 2 Health. Then flip this card.

• Diana Stanley (Arrion) - Health 7/7, Sanity 4/5. Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1. 1 Ship Ticket. 1 Clue.
    Action: If there is a Cultist on your space, discard all Monsters on that space or move the Cultist to any other space.
    Reduce the Horror test of Monsters you encounter to difficulty 1.
    Carbine Rifle: Once per round, gain +5 Strength during a Combat test.
    Arcane Manuscripts: Gain +1 Lore when resolving Spell effects.
    King James Bible: You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Horror test. When you rest, recover 1 additional Sanity.
    Wither Spell: When resolving a Combat test, you may test Lore. If you pass, gain +3 Strength during that test. Then flip this card.
    Plumb the Void Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, an investigator of your choice may move to any space. Then, flip this card.
    Blessing of Isis Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space that does not have a Blessed condition to gain one.
    Blessed: 4, 5, and 6 count as successes on your tests. If you become Blessed, flip this card instead. If you become Cursed, discard this card instead. On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, discard this card.

• Lily Chen (Fat Samurai) - Health 6/6, Sanity 5/6. Lore 2, Influence 2, Observation 2, Strength 4+2, Will 3. 1 Train Ticket.
    Action: Spend any number of Health or Sanity, and regain an equal amount of Health or Sanity.
    When you improve a skill, you may immediately improve that skill again.
    Protective Amulet: Gain +1 Will during Horror tests.
    Lucky Rabbit's Foot: Once per round, you may reroll a die.
    Milk of Shub-Niggurath: Action: Test Will. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to recover all Health and improve Strength twice - and then a Monster ambushes you!
    Lost in Space and Time: Remove your investigator from the game board. You are unaffected by other game effects and cannot perform actions. Instead of resolving an encounter, flip this card.

• Trish Scarborough (Barry Shitpeas) - Health 6/7, Sanity 4/5. Lore 1, Influence 3, Observation 4, Strength 3, Will 2. 1 Train Ticket.
    Action: If you do not have any Clues, gain 1 Clue.
    If an investigator on your space spends a Clue to reroll a die, he may reroll up to 2 dice instead.
    .45 Automatic: Gain +3 Strength during Combat tests.
    Holy Cross: Gain +2 Will during Horror tests.

• Norman Withers (Indigo Cephalopods) - Health 5/5, Sanity 6/7. Lore 3+2, Influence 1, Observation 3, Strength 2+1, Will 4+1.
    Action: Spend 2 Clues to discard 1 Monster from a space containing a Gate.
    Once per round, you may spend 1 Sanity in place of spending 1 Clue.
    Mystic Bounty Hunter: Gain +1 Strength during Combat tests. Gain +2 Lore when resolving Spell tests.
    Feed The Mind Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space to improve 1 skill of their choice. Then flip this card.
    Flesh Ward Spell: Once per round, when an investigator would lose Health, you may test Lore. If you pass, prevent that investigator from losing up to 2 Health. Then flip this card.
    Healing Words Spell: When an investigator on your space performs a rest action, you may test Lore. If you pass, that investigator recovers 1 additional Health and Sanity. Then flip this card.
    Dark Pact: On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 1, it is time to fulfill your part of the bargain; flip this card.

Action Queue
- Culver: Gain a Dark Pact and spend a Clue for the Mythos card (it's a Deal), or advance Doom by 1.
- Everyone except Chen: 2 actions.
- Chen is Lost in Space and Time!

:cthulhu: I'm actually a little mad that that status effect is back. I mean, I guess it's actually better than being Delayed in a way, because you can't get hit by the Mythos card, but it still brings back bad memories of not being able to do anything for a half hour or more.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Take the Pact

It's probably going to be a bad idea in the end, but avoiding advancing the doom track is probably better.

Actions
Use Investigator Ability
Cast Shriveling

Hopefully, I can drop the debt and get myself ready to move to Buenos Aires next turn to help out, however I can.

Encounter
San Francisco Encounter

Meinberg fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 19, 2014

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
Ok, I have the two best rituals in the game (IMO), so no reason to stay in Beunos Aires.

Cast Blessing of Isis, targeting Norman
Cast Plumb the Void, targeting myself. Destination TBD

I see two places I could go:

1. Go to the Himalayas and kill the cultist so doom doesn't advance on a reckoning, then do the expedition.
2. Go to the Pyramids and help Trish kill the Children faster. This also puts me in place to bless her next turn.

EDIT: duh, just realized a gate opened on me. I probably should stay and try to kill the hound. Is there someone else I could teleport somewhere useful?

Arrion fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 18, 2014

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
The next Mythos card is a rumour (no reckoning or Omen advance) so you don't have to clear your debt this turn

Get a clue

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I just had an idea. Teleport Culver to the Pyramids, then he can cast Shriveling on the Children

If we do that I'd like to request Lead Investigator for this round so I get first shot at the Children

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Move to Rome, Engage in Asset Acquisition.

Also, I'm fine with passing Lead over to Trish for a round.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'd be willing to blast the Children, instead of grabbing a boat ticket.

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
Sure

Cast Plumb the Void. Attempt to move Culver to the Pyramids.

I'd suggest using your special action to regain a sanity before casting, just in case. :)

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
Oh, and actually let me have lead investigator instead of Trish. That way I can kill the hound before Norman has to fight it, and Trish will still get first crack at the Children.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Am I able to grab a ship ticket while the Hound is in Buenos Aires? If I can then this is my turn:
Grab Ship Ticket
Move to 3, use Ship Ticket to go to Sydney

Gate Encounter

if not, then this is my turn:

Move to 3
Feed the Mind on self, Will

Research Encounter

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Arrion posted:

Oh, and actually let me have lead investigator instead of Trish. That way I can kill the hound before Norman has to fight it, and Trish will still get first crack at the Children.

Checking over things I'm inclined to agree.

Pass lead to Diana Stanley

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Arrion posted:

I'd suggest using your special action to regain a sanity before casting, just in case. :)

Probably a good idea. Revising my original post.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Am I able to grab a ship ticket while the Hound is in Buenos Aires?

Yeah. I've never quite figured out why, but getting tickets is a-okay even when unholy creatures are rampaging through the port. I guess everyone's just eager to leave.

I'll start getting stuff run in the morning.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
If Culver is successfully teleported, I'll use my second action to clear his debt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Barry Shitpeas posted:

If Culver is successfully teleported, I'll use my second action to clear his debt

Culver's debt is gone: it resolved during the Reckoning, and discarded itself.

• Locked thread