Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Man, gently caress work.

Diana Stanley is lead Investigator!
Stanley casts Blessing of Isis. (Lore-1: 1 3 4 6) Withers is Blessed.

Blessing of Isis, 2 successes posted:

The goddess smiles upon your cause. No Sanity cost.
Stanley costs Plumb the Void. (Lore-1: 2 4 5 6) Culver is moved to the Pyramids.

Plumb the Void, 3 successes posted:

The magic folds the fabric of reality, allowing you to step between continents with ease.

:cthulhu: Such BS, I tell you.

Chen is Lost in Space and Time!
Scarborough grabs a Clue.
Withers grabs a ship ticket and immediately uses it to head to Sydney.
Kane heads for Rome, and acquires assets. (Influence: 2 2 3 5 5 5)
Culver takes a Dark Pact and loses a Clue.
Culver restores a Sanity for both himself and Scarborough.
Culver casts Shriveling. (Lore: 1 3 4 5 5 6) The Children of Yig take 2 damage. The Shriveling card explodes onto everything else on the space, but there's no-one there.

Action Queue:
- Scarborough: Anything else?
- Kane: Spend 3 money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
Whee! Yeah, it's OP. I've spent like 7 turns just sitting in BA with Diana before trying to farm those two spells. Having both on turn 4 is insane.

If I kill the Hound during the encounter phase, Gate Encounter *cross fingers*

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Pass

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
If I end having to fight the Children, I'd like to burn my clue if necessary to kill it.

And I'll take a Pyramids encounter, since I forgot to switch from the San Fran option.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Holy Water to me, Bandages to... me.

I have the lowest health of anyone, this'll give me a bit of insurance in case of BS.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Kane grabs some stuff.
Reserve reveals:
  • .45 Colt Revolver (Item/Weapon, 1): Once per round, you may gain +3 Strength during a Combat test.
  • Police Assistance (Service, 1): When you gain this card, immediately discard 1 Monster of your choice on any space with toughness 2 or less. Then discard this card.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 4 - ENCOUNTER PHASE

Status - Turn 4 posted:

Monsters:
  • Buenos Aires: Hound of Tindalos - 3/3 HP. Horror: Will vs 2. Combat: Strength-1 vs 3. On a Reckoning, move this Monster to the nearest space containing an investigator, who immediately encounters it.
  • Istanbul: Maniac - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will+1 vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 2. If you fail the Combat test, you may discard an Ally rather than lose Health. If you defeat this Monster in combat, gain the Axe.
  • Sydney: Warlock - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 1. If you fail the horror test, lose 1 Health. On a Reckoning, roll a die. On a 1 or 2, the nearest investigator gains a Cursed condition.
  • Himalayas: Cultist - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 2. If you are lose Health from the Combat test, gain a Poisoned condition.
  • Pyramids: Children of Yig - 2/8 HP. No Horror roll. Combat: Strength-2 vs 2. Before combat, test Observation-1. If you fail, this Epic Monster moves immediately to a random space without a Combat test.
Investigators:
  • Charlie Kane (Alris) - Health 3/4, Sanity 8/8. Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2. 1 Clue.
    Action: Another investigator of your choice may immediately perform 1 additional action.
    When you acquire assets, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase.
    Bandages: You may discard this card to prevent an investigator on your space from losing up to 2 Health.
    Holy Water: You may discard this card to gain +5 Strength and +5 Will during a single combat. Action: Discard this card to choose an investigator on your space to gain a Blessed condition.
    Personal Assistant: Gain +1 Influence. You may reroll 1 die in Influence tests.
    Private Investigator: Gain +1 Observation. You may reroll 1 die during an Observation test.
    Cultes des Goules: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to gain 2 Clues.

• Jim Culver (Meinberg) - Health 6/7, Sanity 2/5. Lore 3+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 3. 3 Clues.
    Action: You and each investigator on your space recovers 1 Sanity.
    You and investigators on your space roll 1 additional die in all Combat and Horror tests.
    Fresh Fruit: When you rest, you may discard this card to recover 1 additional Health and 1 additional Sanity.
    Arcane Scholar: Gain +1 Lore. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Lore test.
    Shriveling Spell: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, choose a Monster on your space to lose 2 Health. Then flip this card.
    Dark Pact: On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 1, it is time to fulfill your part of the bargain; flip this card.

• Diana Stanley (Arrion) - Health 7/7, Sanity 4/5. Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1. 1 Ship Ticket. 1 Clue.
    Action: If there is a Cultist on your space, discard all Monsters on that space or move the Cultist to any other space.
    Reduce the Horror test of Monsters you encounter to difficulty 1.
    Carbine Rifle: Once per round, gain +5 Strength during a Combat test.
    Arcane Manuscripts: Gain +1 Lore when resolving Spell effects.
    King James Bible: You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Horror test. When you rest, recover 1 additional Sanity.
    Wither Spell: When resolving a Combat test, you may test Lore. If you pass, gain +3 Strength during that test. Then flip this card.
    Plumb the Void Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, an investigator of your choice may move to any space. Then, flip this card.
    Blessing of Isis Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space that does not have a Blessed condition to gain one.
    Blessed: 4, 5, and 6 count as successes on your tests. If you become Blessed, flip this card instead. If you become Cursed, discard this card instead. On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, discard this card.

• Lily Chen (Fat Samurai) - Health 6/6, Sanity 5/6. Lore 2, Influence 2, Observation 2, Strength 4+2, Will 3. 1 Train Ticket.
    Action: Spend any number of Health or Sanity, and regain an equal amount of Health or Sanity.
    When you improve a skill, you may immediately improve that skill again.
    Protective Amulet: Gain +1 Will during Horror tests.
    Lucky Rabbit's Foot: Once per round, you may reroll a die.
    Milk of Shub-Niggurath: Action: Test Will. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to recover all Health and improve Strength twice - and then a Monster ambushes you!
    Lost in Space and Time: Remove your investigator from the game board. You are unaffected by other game effects and cannot perform actions. Instead of resolving an encounter, flip this card.

• Trish Scarborough (Barry Shitpeas) - Health 6/7, Sanity 5/5. Lore 1, Influence 3, Observation 4, Strength 3, Will 2. 1 Train Ticket. 1 Clue.
    Action: If you do not have any Clues, gain 1 Clue.
    If an investigator on your space spends a Clue to reroll a die, he may reroll up to 2 dice instead.
    .45 Automatic: Gain +3 Strength during Combat tests.
    Holy Cross: Gain +2 Will during Horror tests.

• Norman Withers (Indigo Cephalopods) - Health 5/5, Sanity 6/7. Lore 3+2, Influence 1, Observation 3, Strength 2+1, Will 4+1.
    Action: Spend 2 Clues to discard 1 Monster from a space containing a Gate.
    Once per round, you may spend 1 Sanity in place of spending 1 Clue.
    Mystic Bounty Hunter: Gain +1 Strength during Combat tests. Gain +2 Lore when resolving Spell tests.
    Feed The Mind Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space to improve 1 skill of their choice. Then flip this card.
    Flesh Ward Spell: Once per round, when an investigator would lose Health, you may test Lore. If you pass, prevent that investigator from losing up to 2 Health. Then flip this card.
    Healing Words Spell: When an investigator on your space performs a rest action, you may test Lore. If you pass, that investigator recovers 1 additional Health and Sanity. Then flip this card.
    Dark Pact: On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 1, it is time to fulfill your part of the bargain; flip this card.
    Blessed: 4, 5, and 6 count as successes on your tests. If you become Blessed, flip this card instead. If you become Cursed, discard this card instead. On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, discard this card.

COMBAT

Stanley takes on the Hound of Tindalos! (Strength: 8, Will: 1 + Reroll + Difficulty 1)
    Horror - Will vs 1: 3 Reroll: 5. No Sanity loss.
    Combat - Strength-1 vs 2: 1 2 3 3 4 4 6. Hound of Tindalos is defeated.
Scarborough takes on the Children of Yig! (Strength: 6, Will: 4)
    Search - Observation-1: 2 4 6.
    Combat - Strength-2 vs 2: 4 4 5 6. Children of Yig are defeated.

ENCOUNTERS

Diana Stanley

Lost Carcosa posted:

At an elaborate masquerade, you talk to decadent party-goers who are all maneuvering to be declared as the proper heir to the crown. (Influence: 4 6) Believing that you can help him, a guest attempts to bribe you. Gain 1 Artifact. Seeing this, the Queen demands that you unmask. She questions you relentlessly in an attempt to discover what you've learned. Become Delayed unless you spend 2 Clues. If you spend the Clues, you gain her favor; close this Gate.

Stanley draws Lightning Gun: Gain +6 Strength during Combat tests. Action: You and each Monster on your space lose 1 Health.

:cthulhu: no but seriously who bribed the deck, god drat
Lily Chen

Guide From the Void posted:

The silhouette of a man towers before you, standing behind a veil of shimmering stars. You hear the being's voice in your mind, offering an escape from this emptiness. You may gain a Dark pact Condition to place your investigator token on a space of your choice. If you do not gain the Condition, spawn 1 Gate, place your investigator token on that Gate, and advance the Omen. Either way, discard this card.
Trish Scarborough

Generic Wilderness posted:

Extreme conditions have left you fevered and delirious. You force yourself to keep moving, putting a terrible strain on your body. (Strength: 3 4 5) No further effects.
Norman Withers

The Dreamlands posted:

In the cavern of flame, the bearded priests Nasht and Kaman-Thah warn you that it is too dangerous to continue. You insist that you possess the knowledge you need and are resolved to enter the Dreamlands. (Will-1: 3 5 5 6) After gaining access to the Dreamlands, you find yourself fighting moonbeasts on a black galley sailing the the moon. (Strength: 1 4 5) If you pass, you steal their treasure and are able to barter with it; close this Gate.
Charlie Kane

Rome posted:

You discover the ancient recipe to create Mithridate, a powerful concoction to protect you from harm. Interpreting it as best you can, you assemble the ingredients. (Lore-1: 3) If you fail, the foul brew makes you sick; gain a Poisoned condition.
Jim Culver

Generic Wilderness posted:

According to your map, you can make a detour to visit a lake purported to have restorative powers. You may become Delayed to recover 3 Sanity or discard a Madness condition.

Action Queue
- Chen: Choose resolution.
- Culver: Take the deal?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

That seems like a pretty good deal, considering where I am Sanity-wise. I'll take being delayed.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

quote:

You discover the ancient recipe to create Mithridate, a powerful concoction to protect you from harm. Interpreting it as best you can, you assemble the ingredients. (Lore-1: 3) If you fail, the foul brew makes you sick; gain a Poisoned condition.

gently caress that, Burn a Clue

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Nope!

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Dammit!

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010

Lost Carcosa posted:

Stanley draws Lightning Gun:

:mmmsmug: I feel like something horrible is due to happen to me in the Mythos phase after this crazy luck.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
:bang:

Take the deal, pop up in San Francisco.

Sorry guys, but with this luck I'm not closing any gates unless I improve my stats.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Really, what you want to be doing is prying the Lightning Gun from Stanley's hands then running around shooting fools with twelve dice.

I'll run Mythos once I'm home.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Stelas posted:

Really, what you want to be doing is prying the Lightning Gun from Stanley's hands then running around shooting fools with twelve dice.

Last time I got that my character died in the next draw, that thing is cursed :v:. I figured a simpler weapon would be enough for most monster, now the Children is dead, and would give Stanley more flexibility.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 20, 2014

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
You can have my lightning gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers. :cthulhu: Now I'm so going to die soon.

On the other hand, feel free to come get the Carbine Rifle from me with my blessing. No, really, I'll bless you. If the card comes up that lets you ship an item we should consider sending that one.

And yeah, the last time I had the Lightning Gun I tried to go fight the Dunwich Horror, rolled zero successes on my bucket o' dice, and died horribly. I've had much better luck with the Sword of St Jerome.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Arrion posted:

:mmmsmug: I feel like something horrible is due to happen to me in the Mythos phase after this crazy luck.

Well there is that one Mythos card that would set off all the Dark Pacts at once...

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Arrion posted:

On the other hand, feel free to come get the Carbine Rifle from me with my blessing. No, really, I'll bless you. If the card comes up that lets you ship an item we should consider sending that one.
Actually, that's a good idea. I can't access the rule book at this moment, I'm on a train and the wifi is spotty at best. At which point can we trade items? Because I have a "Get out of jail free with a horrible curse" card, and can pop up at your location.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It's an action that one person initiates on their turn, and allows both investigators to pass clues/tickets/spells/items.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Stelas posted:

It's an action that one person initiates on their turn, and allows both investigators to pass clues/tickets/spells/items.

Ok, then pop up near Stanley

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Culver takes the deal and becomes Delayed.
Chen reappears in Buenos Aires and takes a Dark Pact.

TURN 4 - MYTHOS PHASE

Mythos posted:

Drawn To Our World (Blue: Clue, Rumour)

A Lebou sorceror in Dakar confirms your suspicions. "These rab, they are very bad. They come from the sea and the air."

As an encounter, an investigator on space 10 may attempt to keep himself hidden from the monstrous forces invading this area by testing Observation-1. If he passes, he may spend 3 Clues to solve this Rumour. If he fails, he resolves a monster surge on his space. On a Reckoning, each investigator on a space containing a Gate resolves a monster surge on that space.
Clues spawn on 18, 21, and Rome.

The Mystery is complete! A new Mystery is drawn:

Mystery: K'n-yan Unearthed posted:

Just ouside of Binger, Oklahoma, an opening has been discovered on top of a large mound. It leads to the ancient, forgotten realm of K'n-yan.

As an encounter, an investigator on space 6 may explore the underground city of K'n-yan by resolving a Special encounter. At the end of the Mythos phase, if there are 3 Eldritch tokens on this card, solve this Mystery.

Progress: 0/3

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 5 - ACTION PHASE

Status - Turn 5 posted:

Doom: 7
Mythos Deck: 12/16
Mysteries Complete: 1/3
Gate Tokens Remaining: 2/9 (3 in discard)
Gates: Red: Shanghai. Green: Istanbul. Blue: Tokyo, Buenos Aires.
Omen Stage: Green -> Blue -> Red -> Blue
Expedition: The Himalayas
Clues: Rome, Tunguska, 3, 4, 8, 12, 17, 18, 21.
Lead Investigator: Diana Stanley

Yig posted:

• On a Reckoning, spawn a Cultist on the current Expedition space. Then, if there are 2 or more monsters on that space, advance Doom.
  • When 3 Mysteries have been solved, investigators win the game.

Mystery: K'n-yan Unearthed posted:

As an encounter, an investigator on space 6 may explore the underground city of K'n-yan by resolving a Special encounter. At the end of the Mythos phase, if there are 3 Eldritch tokens on this card, solve this Mystery.

Progress: 0/3

Rumour: Drawn To Our World posted:

As an encounter, an investigator on space 10 may attempt to keep himself hidden from the monstrous forces invading this area by testing Observation-1. If he passes, he may spend 3 Clues to solve this Rumour. If he fails, he resolves a monster surge on his space. On a Reckoning, each investigator on a space containing a Gate resolves a monster surge on that space.
Monsters:
  • Istanbul: Maniac - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will+1 vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 2. If you fail the Combat test, you may discard an Ally rather than lose Health. If you defeat this Monster in combat, gain the Axe.
  • Himalayas: Cultist - 1/1 HP. Horror: Will vs 1. Combat: Strength-1 vs 2. If you are lose Health from the Combat test, gain a Poisoned condition.
Reserve:
  • Bank Loan: Take this card when Acquiring Assets to get +2 successes and a Debt.
  • .45 Colt Revolver (Item/Weapon, 1): Once per round, you may gain +3 Strength during a Combat test.
  • Police Assistance (Service, 1): When you gain this card, immediately discard 1 Monster of your choice on any space with toughness 2 or less. Then discard this card.
  • Spirit Dagger (Item/Weapon, 2): Gain +1 Will and +2 Strength during Combat and Horror tests.
  • Witch Doctor (Ally, 3): Investigators on your space may recover 1 additional Health or discard a Cursed condition when resting.
Investigators:
  • Charlie Kane (Alris) - Health 3/4, Sanity 8/8. Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2.
    Action: Another investigator of your choice may immediately perform 1 additional action.
    When you acquire assets, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase.
    Bandages: You may discard this card to prevent an investigator on your space from losing up to 2 Health.
    Holy Water: You may discard this card to gain +5 Strength and +5 Will during a single combat. Action: Discard this card to choose an investigator on your space to gain a Blessed condition.
    Personal Assistant: Gain +1 Influence. You may reroll 1 die in Influence tests.
    Private Investigator: Gain +1 Observation. You may reroll 1 die during an Observation test.
    Cultes des Goules: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to gain 2 Clues.
    Poisoned: When you perform a rest action, you do not recover Health or Sanity; flip this card instead. On a Reckoning, lose 1 Health.

• Jim Culver (Meinberg) - Health 6/7, Sanity 5/5. Lore 3+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 3. 2 Clues.
    Action: You and each investigator on your space recovers 1 Sanity.
    You and investigators on your space roll 1 additional die in all Combat and Horror tests.
    Fresh Fruit: When you rest, you may discard this card to recover 1 additional Health and 1 additional Sanity.
    Arcane Scholar: Gain +1 Lore. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Lore test.
    Shriveling Spell: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, choose a Monster on your space to lose 2 Health. Then flip this card.

• Diana Stanley (Arrion) - Health 7/7, Sanity 4/5. Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1. 1 Ship Ticket. 1 Clue.
    Action: If there is a Cultist on your space, discard all Monsters on that space or move the Cultist to any other space.
    Reduce the Horror test of Monsters you encounter to difficulty 1.
    Carbine Rifle: Once per round, gain +5 Strength during a Combat test.
    Lightning Gun: Gain +6 Strength during Combat tests. Action: You and each Monster on your space lose 1 Health.
    Arcane Manuscripts: Gain +1 Lore when resolving Spell effects.
    King James Bible: You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Horror test. When you rest, recover 1 additional Sanity.
    Wither Spell: When resolving a Combat test, you may test Lore. If you pass, gain +3 Strength during that test. Then flip this card.
    Plumb the Void Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, an investigator of your choice may move to any space. Then, flip this card.
    Blessing of Isis Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space that does not have a Blessed condition to gain one.

• Lily Chen (Fat Samurai) - Health 6/6, Sanity 5/6. Lore 2, Influence 2, Observation 2, Strength 4+2, Will 3. 1 Train Ticket.
    Action: Spend any number of Health or Sanity, and regain an equal amount of Health or Sanity.
    When you improve a skill, you may immediately improve that skill again.
    Protective Amulet: Gain +1 Will during Horror tests.
    Lucky Rabbit's Foot: Once per round, you may reroll a die.
    Milk of Shub-Niggurath: Action: Test Will. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to recover all Health and improve Strength twice - and then a Monster ambushes you!

• Trish Scarborough (Barry Shitpeas) - Health 6/7, Sanity 5/5. Lore 1, Influence 3, Observation 4, Strength 3, Will 2. 1 Train Ticket. 1 Clue.
    Action: If you do not have any Clues, gain 1 Clue.
    If an investigator on your space spends a Clue to reroll a die, he may reroll up to 2 dice instead.
    .45 Automatic: Gain +3 Strength during Combat tests.
    Holy Cross: Gain +2 Will during Horror tests.

• Norman Withers (Indigo Cephalopods) - Health 5/5, Sanity 6/7. Lore 3+2, Influence 1, Observation 3, Strength 2+1, Will 4+1.
    Action: Spend 2 Clues to discard 1 Monster from a space containing a Gate.
    Once per round, you may spend 1 Sanity in place of spending 1 Clue.
    Mystic Bounty Hunter: Gain +1 Strength during Combat tests. Gain +2 Lore when resolving Spell tests.
    Feed The Mind Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space to improve 1 skill of their choice. Then flip this card.
    Flesh Ward Spell: Once per round, when an investigator would lose Health, you may test Lore. If you pass, prevent that investigator from losing up to 2 Health. Then flip this card.
    Healing Words Spell: When an investigator on your space performs a rest action, you may test Lore. If you pass, that investigator recovers 1 additional Health and Sanity. Then flip this card.

Action Queue
- Everyone except Stanley and Culver: 2 actions.
- Stanley and Culver are Delayed! You can initiate trade with Delayed characters, though, and they will get an encounter.
- Culver's Clue total was wrong, he lost one from picking up the Dark Pact in Turn 3 Mythos. Fixed now.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 20, 2014

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
If I take Culver's clues I could solve the rumour. Otherwise I could go to some clues, head vaguely towards the Himalayas

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Feel free to take my clues.

I'm willing to be teleported over to 6 to get started on the next Mystery, otherwise I'll take a Pyramids encounter.

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
If Kane uses his special on me, do I get an action despite being delayed? If so, that may be worthwhile so I can cast Plumb the Void on someone or bless Lily.

When Lily trades with me, hand her the Carbine Rifle. Please hand me the Milk in return. Then we'll have two monster killing machines.

EDIT: Feel free to take my ship ticket also.

Arrion fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 20, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arrion posted:

If Kane uses his special on me, do I get an action despite being delayed? If so, that may be worthwhile so I can cast Plumb the Void on someone or bless Lily.

Nope - Reference Guide says that Kane's ability can't be used on Delayed characters.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 20, 2014

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Meinberg posted:

Feel free to take my clues.

I'm willing to be teleported over to 6 to get started on the next Mystery, otherwise I'll take a Pyramids encounter.

There is no pyramids encounter, you get a generic wilderness unless the expedition is there. Also our teleporter is also delayed.

Trade with Culver, taking 2 clues
Move to 10
Solve the rumour

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

A trade can include any amount of moving back and forth, so you might want to double check if there's anything else you want to drag across.

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
Ok. Gate Encounter when we get to the encounter phase then.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I don't need anything else but he can have my train ticket if he wants

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Sweet, I'll Take the train ticket. I'm probably going to have to start closing some gates fairly quickly.

And I'll do the generic wilderness encounter.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
If anyone is buying things this round it might be worth killing a cultist

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Also shouldn't Norman have fought a warlock last turn?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Uhhhh, poo poo. I guess I never put the token on the map. I know how to run these games, I swear. e: Oh, I see it. It's the one on Tokyo, should be on Sydney.

Horror: 2 2 3 6 6
Combat: 1 5 6, he toasts it.

e: Map and post updated.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 20, 2014

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Being Poisoned suuuuuuucks.

Holy Water myself, Acquire Assets.

I'll most likely sic the police on the Maniac in Istanbul unless someone feels like clearing it up for me.

I'll have a Rome encounter, too.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Kill the cultist instead to stop a doom tick on the next reckoning

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Alris posted:

Being Poisoned suuuuuuucks.

Holy Water myself, Acquire Assets.

I'll most likely sic the police on the Maniac in Istanbul unless someone feels like clearing it up for me.

I'll have a Rome encounter, too.

Well you could rest to try to get rid of the poison. Otherwise it won't go away on its own.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
That's my plan next turn, hopefully the Blessing helps beat it.

And you're right, Cultist is the better option.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Hmmnnn... Trade with Stanley, get the Carbine, pass the Milk and go to Space 8 to have a clue encounter Stanley is better suited to close the gate than Chen, and I can ferry the clue to whoever is trying to cancel the Rumor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Stanley is Delayed!
Chen trades with Stanley, getting the Carbine and giving up the Milk, then moves to space 8.
Scarborough trades with Culver, taking 2 Clues, and moves to 10.
Kane uses the Holy Water to Bless himself, then acquires assets. (Influence: 1 2 2 2 3 4)
Culver is Delayed!

Action Queue:
- Kane: Spend 1 money.
- Withers: 2 actions.

• Locked thread