Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Weirdly, Curt Schilling was also involved in board games: he liked Advanced Squad Leader so much that he bought into Multi-Man Publishing, who negotiated getting the license with Hasbro and have been printing both ASL and other wargames for decades now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Flytrap posted:

A number of your enemies are going to flip their poo poo at the prospect of facing you.

That's really what hooked me when I played the demo (after seeing Supergreatfriend's Demo Friend of it). Really glad I found out about it, it got me back into CRPGs after burning out on EA-era Bioware.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SSNeoman posted:

I made a fascinating discovery! A pure mage build is hella fun! You are REALLY squishy, but if you time everything right, none of your enemies should even get near you. And if they do, you have spells for that! It requires you to game the ability point system, so making one from scratch isn't a good idea.

I basically got there by accident on my first play, and meteor strike one-shotting nearly everyone got really useful near the end (and in post-game).

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Neruz posted:

They're basically a melee weapon with range and it is amazing.

Especially once you get the combos going. It's slice-and-dice time!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

inscrutable horse posted:

Was 70% off just 1½ months ago :)

Yeah, I actually rebought it on Steam then because the offline mode never worked in Origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Neruz posted:

It's like, an actual game-universe justification for why the PC is literally the only character who is capable of achieving things successfully and not failing horribly in the process.

I really appreciated that when I was first playing Amalur. It's also not a throwaway thing, it's woven throughout the entire game.

• Locked thread