Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

...Because I forgot I don't have stun guard. It turns out I can't read, that's my weakness. I fuckin deserve to lose this one.

Well, back two I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

And advance 2.

EDIT: And bah, you've been a great opponent. It's not about winning or losing, but about enjoying yourself, right? (And I say that with the full understanding that I will probably be the one losing in the end.)

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 2, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
even if you did have stun guard, burst has a minimum range of 2

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Tollymain posted:

even if you did have stun guard, burst has a minimum range of 2

Tectonic advances 2, I could have lined it up if I weren't sucking on stun.

HOPEFULLY I can salvage this, but two complete misplays back to back kind of hurts the ego.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jager can still move i'm just putting this post up now

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BEAT 9!

Karin & Jager Brandtford
04 Life
Discard 1: Full Moon, Drive
Discard 2: Coordinated, Burst
Finisher: Lunar Cross

Pendros Schalla
03 Life
Discard 1: Tectonic, Burst
Discard 2: Polymorphed, Strike
Finisher: Landslide Punch

---

ANTE:

-- Pendros passes!

REVEAL:

Karin Brandtford

Pendros Schalla

-- Haymaker goes to Pendros' first discard!

---

Karin & Jager Brandtford
04 Life
Discard 1: Full Moon, Drive
Discard 2: Coordinated, Burst

Pendros Schalla
03 Life
Discard 1: Tectonic, Burst, Special, Haymaker
Discard 2: Polymorphed, Strike

---

REVEAL:

Karin Brandtford

Pendros Schalla

-- With a Priority of 10, Pendros is the Active Character this beat!

START OF BEAT:

-- Pendros chooses not to advance!
-- Karin cannot advance!

ACTIVE PLAYER

ACTIVATION:

-- Pendros cannot hit with a Dash!

AFTER ACTIVATING:

-- Pendros moves 3 spaces to the left!

REACTIVE PLAYER

ACTIVATION:

-- Karin makes an attack with a Range of 1! Pendros is at Range 3!
-- Karin misses!

END OF BEAT:

-- Karin chooses not to move!
-- Jager moves 1 space to the right!

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 3, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
heatwizard feel free to pm your ante or pass thereof if you see this before i get a pair from actingpower

this is really anybody's match at this point

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Sorry, I went to bed. Let's move Jager up 1.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

No ante.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if i remember correctly, canceling a finisher removes the special action from the game. correct me if i'm wrong.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Tollymain posted:

if i remember correctly, canceling a finisher removes the special action from the game. correct me if i'm wrong.

FAQ posted:

Q: Pulse vs Cancel vs Finisher; What happens when two of those are played the same beat?

A: The order of resolution is Pulse, then Cancel, and finally Finisher. If a Pulse meets a Cancel/Finisher the Pulse is resolved as normal but the Cancel/Finisher doesn't take effect. Instead the Special Action and base cycle to discard 1 and the player has an additional style available for 2 beats. If a Cancel meets a Finisher the Finisher doesn't take effect and the Special Action and base are placed in discard 1 just as if it was a normal attack pair. If two instances of the same Special Action meet each other (and clash in case of Finishers) the Special Action cards are placed in discard 1, the bases are returned to their respective hands and new attack pairs are played just as if a Cancel was played.

The special action goes into the discard with the base.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
From the official FAQ, relevant part bolded:

quote:

Q: Pulse vs Cancel vs Finisher; What happens when two of those are played the same beat?

A: The order of resolution is Pulse, then Cancel, and finally Finisher. If a Pulse meets a Cancel/Finisher the Pulse is resolved as normal but the Cancel/Finisher doesn't take effect. Instead the Special Action and base cycle to discard 1 and the player has an additional style available for 2 beats. If a Cancel meets a Finisher the Finisher doesn't take effect and the Special Action and base are placed in discard 1 just as if it was a normal attack pair. If two instances of the same Special Action meet each other (and clash in case of Finishers) the Special Action cards are placed in discard 1, the bases are returned to their respective hands and new attack pairs are played just as if a Cancel was played.

e: Beaten by Sefer. :argh:

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

...Well, of all the possibilities, I was not expecting that. :monocle: It's actually pretty genius, now that I think about it, since you don't lose a Style. I may be well and truly screwed now.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

heatwizard's pm posted:

Punch via Haymaker. Show me your cancel, pal.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

And here I thought I was gonna surprise you. (Considering the thought of doing it surprised me...)

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

It's distressingly easy to forget special actions exist, I only remembered they were a thing after the last turn started resolving. :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
both of you got start of beat effects to resolve, heatwizard first

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Actually, advance with Arboreal. I dare you. :P (You could still dodge my attack even if you did. :ssh:)

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 2, 2014

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Well, Pendros has set himself up to likely be able to go first next beat, if he uses his movement properly.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

He could also get all the way over to the Healing Breeze, just to really take the lead. :/

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Hmm, HMMM.

Having now seen Pendros's Alt UA in action, I think I much prefer it.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

>_> <_< Really? Because man, it drives me nuts. Maybe that only makes it sound better to you, but it seems like the other one would be better. Play a token, then fight to get on it. Eh, I don't know.

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 3, 2014

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

No arboreal.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ActingPower posted:

>_> <_< Really? Because man, it drives me nuts. Maybe that only makes it sound better to you, but it seems like the other one would be better. Play a token, then fight to get on it. Eh, I don't know.

Eh, try playing it the other way; in my and others experiences it's not very fun or good. Luckily Pendros is a baller even if you ignore his UA :thurman:

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

And I literally can't advance, so let's make with the Dashing!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
heatwizard i assumed you were making the full dash based on chat and pms, correct me if i'm wrong

actingpower let me know where you're gonna move, you can change your mind if heatwizard does as well

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Let's put Jager under Pendros but keep Karin where she is.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BEAT 10!

Karin & Jager Brandtford
04 Life
Discard 1: Feral, Strike
Discard 2: Full Moon, Drive

Pendros Schalla
03 Life
Discard 1: Arboreal, Dash
Discard 2: Tectonic, Burst, Special, Haymaker

---

ANTE:

-- Pendros activates all Environment Markers!
-- Pendros has +6 Priority for this beat!

REVEAL:

Karin Brandtford

Pendros Schalla

CLASH!

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 3, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actingpower please include your ante in your pair pm for convenience

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

For the next beat, you mean? Heatwizard hasn't anted the last set yet. :confused:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
urgh gently caress sorry brain glitch idk why i said that :doh:

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Okay. Alright. THIS time it will be different.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

...Yeah, I have a feeling it will be.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Except it won't be because I just remembered to READ THE CARDS

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
clash, submit your new bases

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Yup, that's game, right? I can't out-Priority you, even if you play Shot. Which you will play, because it's the only thing that'll hit.

Good game. All the way down to the wire! :)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Winner by concession is Heatwizard!

Welcome to the endless losing streak club ActingPower :downs::hf::saddowns:

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

I meant to switch my submission to something else to avoid plowing into a burst like a chump, but I guess I was too late. Which worked out for me, I guess? I totally deserved to lose that one, with all the stumbles.

Good game, dude.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

...You say that as though there was a way out for me. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Heatwizard posted:

I meant to switch my submission to something else to avoid plowing into a burst like a chump, but I guess I was too late. Which worked out for me, I guess? I totally deserved to lose that one, with all the stumbles.

Good game, dude.
...A Burst. Now there's an idea. :doh:

EDIT: No, wait, I had an excuse not to Burst. If I Burst, you would have just Shot.

• Locked thread