Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Someone in chat said there was something called CEO's Cheer that resets fatigue? is that a thing?

No. It resets stamina. Stamina is not fatigue. If you played before it was the thing that went to 0 when you failed / left a dungeon and your HP/MP went to 1 and you had to afk until it refilled or pay like 50k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

So what's the difference between M. and F. Brawlers? Cursory glance says M. are more mid-ranged while F. are melee + glorious Junk Spin, but everything seems up in the air right now.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Anonymous Robot posted:

drat, did they lower the FP from 200 to 150? That seems a little needless, especially given people's agitation with it.

Home now, gonna write the OP once I've actually played this a bit. It's going to be mostly the same but with updated info where applicable.

No, FP has always been 156. We get an extra 20 on the weekend as well (plus an xp buff I think?)

There will also be FP burning events where you get some FP back the more you use, thus extending it significantly. Hopefully we get them often so people will stop complaining about the system. :v:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Big Mad Drongo posted:

So what's the difference between M. and F. Brawlers? Cursory glance says M. are more mid-ranged while F. are melee + glorious Junk Spin, but everything seems up in the air right now.

M Brawlers are considered unloved by Neople and kind of weak. They load up on projectiles and throw them.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Really? Really?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Bazinga

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I love everything about Neople

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

So what character gets the alpha rewards? I'm asking as I've got 3 dudes. Also whenever I came up with the name BaraJesus must have been a good day.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

MotU posted:

I love everything about Neople

you love fp too?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
which NA server should I join? East or West? I live in Minnesota.

edit: Nevermind apparently the goon guild is on East as told by another goon, but I can't access any of the server channels, it just instantly disconnects :(

How Rude fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 25, 2015

Bilun
Sep 22, 2009

How Rude posted:

which NA server should I join? East or West? I live in Minnesota.

East- West server are super wierd right now(they play fine, but it often takes 5-10 minutes of frequently relogging to actually connect...not worth it if west isn't way closer.

Also, because of the problems on west at present I suspect East will at least for awhile be more populated- west coasters who just wanted to play at release rolled on east and between lost progress and the global limit of 2 characters rolled per day(if you abandon the guy on east there goes half your fatigue on day 1) means I suspect a decent number of people will jsut stay one ast regardless of where they live(guilds getting established early on East for these same reasons reinforces this trend as well).

In time it will balance out, but I suspect West is going to look like a ghost town compared to east for awhile.

Also, anyone know when fatigue rollover is- any chance it's a time I'm more likely to be awake then 9 UTC?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

dominoeffect posted:

you love fp too?

Fatigue Points are fine?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nomadic Scholar posted:

So what character gets the alpha rewards? I'm asking as I've got 3 dudes. Also whenever I came up with the name BaraJesus must have been a good day.

The first one you log into AFAIK.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Whoa Ophelia grew up. I wasn't expecting that. Well, time to launch some missiles into mook faces, applying to the guild as ViralEcho.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Class change is only broken for characters created in the alpha that already class changed/awakened. Class change works fine for new characters.

I did the class change quest on my f.nen and changed to f.nen and it seems like i'm still an f.nen and everything is ok? i just had to reallocate my points again. i still have all my cool hadoken wizard skills.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

MotU posted:

Fatigue Points are fine?

Really? It's such a badly designed system for the west.

Why do we have to stop running dungeons after 1-2 hours per character (yes I understand the pots but thats so small it almost doesn't matter).

I mean, I can't even play PvP or towers in my first/second day because of the limit. They literally are stopping people from playing.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

dominoeffect posted:

Why do we have to stop running dungeons after 1-2 hours per character (yes I understand the pots but thats so small it almost doesn't matter).

I mean, I can't even play PvP or towers in my first/second day because of the limit. They literally are stopping people from playing.

I don't know I guess I just don't feel the need to play a huge amount, or play other alts if I wanted to play more than 2 hours or so. Different strokes and all

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Just made a male fighter, name is HowRude. I'll apply for the guild asap

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

MotU posted:

I don't know I guess I just don't feel the need to play a huge amount, or play other alts if I wanted to play more than 2 hours or so. Different strokes and all

Fair enough. I guess for some players that wish to play a lot more than 2 hours find it disappointing (myself included).

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dominoeffect posted:

The time goes up the higher level you are. Sure theres growing pains the first few days but past that you'll be good when you have more than 2 characters, can PVP and can do extra stuff like towers.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

MotU posted:

Fatigue Points are fine?

I've barely done anything and both my characters have run out! :saddowns:

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 25, 2015

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Fatigue points in the open beta test with no cash shop is stupid. The servers are being hammered with or without the restriction. Not to mention, it's a reset every day, not something you regenerate over time.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah I was kind of accustomed to it from playing DFO way back when Nexon first started running it and even after they switched to Blitz I rarely blew through all of those, only during events really

Bilun
Sep 22, 2009
If limited fatigue is the price we pay for decent drops and a reasonable exp curve I'm all for it.

Besides, encouraging players to shake things up by playing PvP or an alt is a good thing IMO. It breaks up the mad dash to cap that so easily makes people forget to enjoy the journey while focused only on the destination.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Bilun posted:

If limited fatigue is the price we pay for decent drops and a reasonable exp curve I'm all for it.

Besides, encouraging players to shake things up by playing PvP or an alt is a good thing IMO. It breaks up the mad dash to cap that so easily makes people forget to enjoy the journey while focused only on the destination.

But some people want to play one character and a main instead of being forced to reroll.

I'm mainly a PvPer, but forcing people in a PvE centric game to not do PvE and instead do PvP is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
New thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708485

• Locked thread