Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
I can't even install the plugin. :( It just tells me "Chrome is not installed" when i try to install it. I sent an email to support.

I hope I can get over this error soon, since I wouldn't mind trying this again. I played this back in 2008 if I remember correctly. I think there were only three classes back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

mightygerm posted:

Try joining on the aphelia or later channels - the newbie ones seem to be full up.

On North Myre it holds a bit as if I got through then the client CTDs :/

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Oh my, this is back from the grave?

Let us all mourn the money we burned to the Gachapon God and the money that will be burned for our new pretty dresses and shoes that will never match correctly.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Purple D. Link posted:

I can't even install the plugin. :( It just tells me "Chrome is not installed" when i try to install it. I sent an email to support.

I hope I can get over this error soon, since I wouldn't mind trying this again. I played this back in 2008 if I remember correctly. I think there were only three classes back then.

It will always say the chrome thing if you don't have chrome. Try installing anyways.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

Anonymous Robot posted:

It will always say the chrome thing if you don't have chrome. Try installing anyways.
Sorry, should've been more clear. I have tried, that's how I'm getting the error. I click the installer, it says "Quit Google IE, Chrome, and Firefox?", I hit yes, then it tells me "Chrome is not installed", then closes and brings up an IE window with the DFO site. For what it's worth I have Chrome.

EDIT: Oh wait, this time the IE window brought me to a Facebook login page. It seems to want to install now. Problem solved maybe? :psyduck:

EDIT2: Okay it's installing. I guess I just closed out of the IE window before it could load the login page.

Purple D. Link fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 15, 2014

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

drat, I'm on vacation and I just stumbled upon this thread. Looks like it's going to be 5 hours or so until I can actually play.

Does anyone remember which classes were best for solo play on this patch?

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
Ingame as Dazh, just applied to guild.

I've been looking for a game to fill my grindy mmo cravings for a couple months now, this will probably do nicely.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!

Kevlar Beard posted:

drat, I'm on vacation and I just stumbled upon this thread. Looks like it's going to be 5 hours or so until I can actually play.

Does anyone remember which classes were best for solo play on this patch?

From what I remember, mbrawlers were soloing monsters thanks to status effect damage and fixed damage on most of their abilities.

Edit: Is this the patch that made rangers and similar classes marginally less dependent on +12 weapons?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I remember that at the time Nexon nuked DFO, Avengers had just been released. We're up to that point and no further in the new client, right?

(Now that I think about it, wasn't Nexon ultimately responsible for nuking City of Heroes, too? Goddamn company.)

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

(Now that I think about it, wasn't Nexon ultimately responsible for nuking City of Heroes, too? Goddamn company.)

That was NCSoft. I'm sure you can find plenty to be mad at Nexon for though

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, what Channels have people had the most success logging into? I was able to get into Sky Island this morning, but haven't been able to manage anything else since without timing out.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

LordHippoman posted:

So, what Channels have people had the most success logging into? I was able to get into Sky Island this morning, but haven't been able to manage anything else since without timing out.

I've only had success with Behemoth.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I'm erroring out of everything. Maybe I'll have better luck later.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I never had a chance to play this back when it was still running, but from the sounds of things it seems like my kind of game! Downloading it now, I'll most definitely request to join the guild once I get a character made and all.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Applied for guild as Reverie.

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013
Requested a guild invite as Typhon.

SAMARIX fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 15, 2014

Eddain
May 6, 2007
For brand new account solo play, you're better off using a class with lots of fixed damage like Male Brawler or Asura.

You might run into early mana issues for some classes though, like Female Grappler.

Definitely stay the gently caress away from both Rangers and any class that relies on exotic weapons (beam saber Weapon Master).

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I keep getting "Operation timed out" on the beginner server. Also, this Facebook login/launching from the website thing is a bit stupid and I hope this is only for the alpha, because I'd rather have a proper client launcher.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002

Zeether posted:

I keep getting "Operation timed out" on the beginner server. Also, this Facebook login/launching from the website thing is a bit stupid and I hope this is only for the alpha, because I'd rather have a proper client launcher.

The nexon version had to launch from the website unless you used a 3rd party launcher

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

It's a Korean game so I wouldn't count on a launcher.

As for mana, it became less of an issue once alchemists got up and running. You could just buy pots. Give it some time and save some gold.

Trouvaille
Dec 24, 2010

Bad job, but it pays well.
I've applied for the guild as Alsa. Here I was, worried that I was going to have to work on some projects around the house today.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Zeether posted:

The launching from the website thing probably won't change, due to the fact that its done like that in every other region but China, if I recall. Facebook thing will most likely have to go (or be optional) eventually, since they'll need an account based system so you can buy Cera or whatever the hell they plan to call it.

Also the operation timed out thing is because that channel is full. Go to a higher level channel like otherverse or ghent or whatever.

Estel
May 4, 2010
Looking forward to trying the game now that is playable outside NA. Applied to the guild as Estel

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Getting timeouts on every channel so far. Should I just keep on hammering, or is something wrong?

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Yo is anyone else getting a hackshield false positive? I can literally only play for like 2 minutes before it boots me out for having "undefined hacks (0x1000047a)" and its starting to drive me up a wall.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
What is the general consensus on Neople since "better than Nexon NA" isn't exactly an epic achievement.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Tequila posted:

What is the general consensus on Neople since "better than Nexon NA" isn't exactly an epic achievement.

Right now for the global launch, its too early to tell. The game is pretty drat buggy at the moment but its alpha, and most of this stuff was happening during before DFO closed down anyways. Generally though they are well received and interact with the community often enough.

I do feel bad for the QA/Dev team who has to go through and debug all these issues.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Maybe the reason for the Facebook tie in is because they want to handle their cash shop via Facebook coins? It might be easier for them that way.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Does anyone have build advice for Asuras? I remember back in 2010 or so they were known for huge fixed damage, but having a really hard time with mana regen. Since the Alpha is almost certainly going to get wiped, I just want to try things out and see what I'd want for the long haul.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Anonymous Robot posted:

Maybe the reason for the Facebook tie in is because they want to handle their cash shop via Facebook coins? It might be easier for them that way.

I doubt that, as that would require people to sign in through Facebook to play the game (and be able to spend money), which would lock out people who hate/don't have a facebook, along with the fact that it would be a pain in the rear end to implement. Where right now, all they need to do is hook up everything to a billing server.

I could see them adding Facebook Coins as a way to pay, but otherwise expect stuff like PayPal, CC, or various prepaid cards. They will need an account management system anyways for resetting your goblin pad, or submitting support tickets.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 15, 2014

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Does anyone have build advice for Asuras? I remember back in 2010 or so they were known for huge fixed damage, but having a really hard time with mana regen. Since the Alpha is almost certainly going to get wiped, I just want to try things out and see what I'd want for the long haul.

Asuras mana problems were largely fixed. Spec into MP regen of it's an issue.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Has anyone managed to find a functioning skill planner yet?
Also if anyone was interested I could do a small writeup about some of the things that changed from early NA nexon DFO when most people probably tried it and quit.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Einwand posted:

Has anyone managed to find a functioning skill planner yet?
Also if anyone was interested I could do a small writeup about some of the things that changed from early NA nexon DFO when most people probably tried it and quit.

Skill planner written by fellow goon Aquarium of Lies.

http://arad.ofli.es/

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I remember playing this game years ago, now that it's back I think I'll be giving it another go. I'm downloading the client now, and I'll definitely be signing up for the guild once I've made a character.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DarkstarIV posted:

Skill planner written by fellow goon Aquarium of Lies.

http://arad.ofli.es/

I remember this thing! I threw together a skill plan for an Asura from half-remembered thoughts on abilities, does this seem sound?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Do I have to worry a lot about skill allocation? I haven't spent any yet, for fear of screwing up something.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Elswyyr posted:

Do I have to worry a lot about skill allocation? I haven't spent any yet, for fear of screwing up something.

You get a reset at level 20 when you change class. Also, there will probably be a wipe so there's no harm experimenting to see what skills you like best. Depending on the class you can have a lot of leeway in what you skill, or end up super starved for SP.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Alright, I've signed up for the guild under the name Ruvelia.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
How are you guys getting through the time-out messages? Just spamming or something? I was able to play a bit last night but now it's cockblocking me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I think you also get a skill reset whenever you awaken. Which was around like level 50 or something I think.

• Locked thread