Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

UPFRONT THREADS
ABC - CBS - NBC - FOX - CW

edit: fixed who's whose

Manhattan Love Story canceled, replaced by another episode of Selfie....

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: Thread claiming starts here. Please read and understand the Rule of Dibs.

Other New Shows

ABC

CBS

NBC

FOX

CW

Show images link to their trailers when available, and will link to show threads when those go up.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 6, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What a weird place for Brooklyn 99.

Also it's "Whose Line" :argh:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Also it's "Whose Line" :argh:

goddammit :suicide:

....I'll fix it later.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Aphrodite posted:

I think this is the beginning of the end of Animation Domination.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

You put the tuesday cbs shows in wednesday.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zaggitz posted:

You put the tuesday cbs shows in wednesday.

I'm pretty sure I fixed it. Looks ok to me now. If it's broken and I'm not seeing it then hollylolly will have to do it as she's the one made it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't the CW Tuesday slots switched around? I thought it was Flash, then Supernatural.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tuesday is really never gonna not be my busiest TV night.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I'll go in tomorrow morning and fix all my earlier mistakes...I'm going to go ahead and blame them all on my kids. :cheeky:

Edit: got the Flash put in his place!

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 17, 2014

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

hollylolly posted:

I'll go in tomorrow morning and fix all my earlier mistakes...I'm going to go ahead and blame them all on my kids. :cheeky:

Edit: got the Flash put in his place!

I'm sorry, who's fault is it again?

jholland
Feb 25, 2006

Heidey-ho neighbors!
Black-ish, The Goldbergs, and Fresh Off the Boat.

Seriously, what the gently caress ABC.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Wait, is Event: Gracepoint, a Broadchurch remake???

edit: wow holy poo poo it's straight up the exact same story but with American actors and also David Tennant. That's so stupid.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 18, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zaggitz posted:

Wait, is Event: Gracepoint, a Broadchurch remake???

Yes, Gracepoint is a remake of Broadchurch.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Man, and Tennant is doing an american accent. Half the fun of Broadchurch was hearing him say MILLARRRR in thick as gently caress Scottish.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I added the EVENT: to the titles of the "event shows", but it's it's too confusing I can take it out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jholland posted:

The Goldbergs is way more a period show than a Jewish show.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Mister Kingdom posted:

I think this is the beginning of the end of Animation Domination.

Remember Sons of Tucson?
Actually, no one does...
(This isn't necessarily the end. Fox spent years trying to find a show to take the place of KoH before Bob's Burgers and Cleveland Show stuck finally. Unfortunately, this means we'll have to deal with another Alan Gregory...)

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Thanks for your work on the graphic. :) I hadn't paid attention to the scheduling and stuff and this was really helpful.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That Person of Interest thing is pretty awesome, hollylolly.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A to Z is so hilariously hosed. Opposite Scandal and football with a lead-in that is going to hemorrhage viewers.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Gervasius posted:

That Person of Interest thing is pretty awesome, hollylolly.

Thanks! :blush:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I don't think Broadchurch needed to be remade, but I'll gladly watch David Tennant grump around for another 10 episodes, even if he's doing it in a stupid American accent this time. I do hope there's some twists or changes from the original story though, otherwise it could get pretty tedious.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

A Pale Horse posted:

I don't think Broadchurch needed to be remade, but I'll gladly watch David Tennant grump around for another 10 episodes, even if he's doing it in a stupid American accent this time. I do hope there's some twists or changes from the original story though, otherwise it could get pretty tedious.

Broadchurch worked really well as a standalone story, to the point where I wonder how the hell season 2 is going to even work. I'm excited to see if event TV will catch on, since I feel like its a worthy format of shows, and picking a proven story shows Fox is serious about making it work.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Mo0 posted:

Broadchurch worked really well as a standalone story, to the point where I wonder how the hell season 2 is going to even work. I'm excited to see if event TV will catch on, since I feel like its a worthy format of shows, and picking a proven story shows Fox is serious about making it work.

Yeah, I loved Broadchurch, and only partly because I find a scruffy, grumpy and very Scottish David Tennant incredibly attractive. Mostly it was because it was an actually emotionally impactful story that explored the effects of shock and grief on previously tight knit community. I'm also worried but at the same time quite interested to see where they go from here in series 2.

And if by event television you mean, self contained stories like American Horror Story or True Detective then I'm all for it too. I think there's definitely a benefit in being able to tell the story you want to tell without having to string it out for season after season if it's successful.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Yeah, I think what the up fronts listed as "events" would be classified as miniseries, but i think the network is trying to use a word that generates more hype.

bryn987
May 31, 2014
Only network show I'm probably going to check out is Constantine. AMC has a computer drama show starting this weekend I believe I'll check out as well.

Scrabble Tournament
May 17, 2006
MY OLD-ASS AVATAR URL BROKE THE ADMIN PANEL, THANKS RADIUM

jholland posted:

"Fresh Off the Boat" is the title of the memoir by Eddie Huang the show is based on. ABC was originally going to title it "Far East Orlando", but Huang pushed to have his title be used instead.

I can't speak for the other two shows, but a lot of Asian Americans are really excited about Fresh Off the Boat.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

hollylolly posted:

Yeah, I think what the up fronts listed as "events" would be classified as miniseries, but i think the network is trying to use a word that generates more hype.

Miniseries, as a category, also has a lot of baggage in the US, being tied to stuff like Roots on the plus side and lots of really really mediocre crap on the minus side. They're trying to point out that it's not a miniseries in that mold, but it's a snappier way of saying it than "It's like True Detective or American Horror Story or stuff like that".

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Edit: On second thought, it's impossible to have a discussion with you. Backing out of this.

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 2, 2014

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There really hasn't been a Roots-level miniseries event on network TV- in terms of ratings or acclaim- for some time (even taking into account dwindling viewership overall and the fact that something now getting Roots' numbers is nigh impossible.) There may be uncertainty of how audiences today respond to the format.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Paradox Personified posted:

Whoawhoahwohwhoahohwoaahowaohahwhoa- There's a Constantine series coming up? Hellblazer? How come I didn't hear of this? Is it going to be as good as the movie? Is the guy gonna look like Sting this time, what's going on what's happening

Most of your questions are answered here. And uh, I just realized it's linked in the OP, too, if you click the picture. That's aceeee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPE2oBnzROY

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 2, 2014

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Edit: On second thought, it's impossible to have a discussion with you. Backing out of this.

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 2, 2014

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Surprised they moved TAR from Sunday to the Graveyard.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

fuseshock posted:

Surprised they moved TAR from Sunday to the Graveyard.
It gets in the way of The Good Wife which is chalking up decent numbers. Expect similar old fart drama in it's place.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Is there a date for when Whose Line is moving back to Fridays?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have never been so unimpressed with a lineup of new TV shows. I watched every trailer I could find, and I have to say that nothing really stands out this season.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

We have our first fatality - Fox has canceled Hieroglyph. http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/30/fox-cancels-hieroglyph/

quote:

Fox has decided not to make its ambitious Ancient Egypt drama series after all.

The network is shutting down Hieroglyph, the network’s sexy historical-fantasy thriller that was previously given a straight-to-series order for midseason.

The show’s writers were informed earlier Monday, sources say. The show starred Max Brown, Reece Ritchie, Condola Rashad and John Rhys-Davies. Only one episode had been shot, but scripts had been written for several more episodes. We’re told that the series wasn’t creatively coming together the way executives had hoped.

The move follows the departure of Fox’s former programming chief Kevin Reilly, who greenlit the series. Fox has yet to announce its new programming leadership.

Hieroglyph was an adventure series from creator/executive producer Travis Beacham (Pacific Rim, Clash of the Titans) that was was seen by some as Fox’s attempt to get into the fantasy genre in the wake of HBO’s Game of Thrones. In the words of the show’s official description, the drama followed a “notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah, forcing him to navigate palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and divine sorcerers, as he races to stop the downfall of one of history’s greatest civilizations.”

Click to view the trailer of what might have been!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hahaha, holy poo poo. That's amazing. Trying to remember if something like this has happened before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Many, many, many times: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_series_canceled_before_airing_an_episode
So many times.

• Locked thread