Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Nah man Lady Whiskers got mentioned when SER POUNCE :black101: showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Immediately. Anywhere from 1-6 minutes from this moment.

Isn't that in the OP?

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
This just wouldn't be Game of Thrones without gratuitous nudity

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Here we go :allears:

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Game of Thrones SPOILER Thread: Only Lysa's Sister C(h)at

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

Hedrigall posted:

That joke had been set up for like a year on this forum, it got ruined :negative:

I KNOW

THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Possibly because they know a movie about AIDS featuring men kissing in tight boxer shorts isn't going to do very well anyway

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Two or three times already. Hodor and Theon (but they can't do it with Theon because he doesn't have the equipment anymore)

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Both.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

MadJackMcJack posted:

Stuff like this is always impressive, but it always bothers me as to how you'd actually build something like that in a place so inaccessible without trucks and helicopters. Or even if you could.

An infinite supply of expendable labor.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

precision posted:

The problem is that it is predictable. "Here is a character that is awesome. He/she will suffer horribly." It's bad storytelling not because bad things happen to people we like, but because everything becomes telegraphed. Jaime becomes likable? Hand chopped off. Ned dies. Robb gets Red Wedding'd. It's something you have to use sparingly, and not do it to every loving character. I'm already fully expecting The Hound to die this season purely because he has become a very interesting character.

We will have to disagree that GRRM is a genius because the first two books are two of the worst books I have ever read and the fact that the show has made them into a good story is a miracle.

Jaime becomes likeable because his hand gets chopped off. It makes him re-evaluate himself as a person, since previously his entire life revolved around his fighting prowess which he no longer has. The deaths in the books aren't just killing people you like, either. They serve a purpose in the plot. Characters don't die just to die.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Well, In It For The Tank had that joke up in the spoiler thread title for the better part of a year, it was kind of sad to see it ruined.

In the books it was a much more climactic moment, where Lysa spills the beans on all of Littlefinger's plans (they did that ahead of time in the show) in a drunken rage and then he calms her down, tells her he's only ever loved one woman--"Only cat" *shove*

So you get the double whammy of Littlefinger killing Lysa and learning about all the poo poo he's been up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
The show is definitely easier to follow and if you don't like the idiosyncratic dialect of English in the books then I can totally understand not wanting to get through them. The books have a lot more of the worldbuilding and flavor but the show is a much more slick and straightforward presentation.

• Locked thread