Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

kater posted:

I still don't get why everyone on this show is so pale. It'd be cool if Theon was the only one sickly white because he's locked up all forever, but no everyone looks next to dead. Summers last for years, get a loving tan already.

Historically, a lot of highborns and lords were pale because they didn't have to slave away in a field under a blazing sun all day. Seeing as how a lot of the characters are highborn it makes sense that they're pale as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Thank you so much for this.

Also, whose castle was Pyke again, I forget.

Pyke is the seat of house Greyjoy on the Iron Islands.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

ironlung posted:

So let's say Oberyn manages to defeat The Mountain in the trial by combat. What the hell would Tyrion do after that? He's obviously not gonna stay in King's Landing or go to Casterly Rock.

Also I like how much Oberyn vs. The Mountain is a lose-lose situation for the Lannisters, bringing Oberyn into the mix really screwed up ol' Tywin's plans even more than they already were when Tyrion went off-script during the trial.

He could travel the Essos and try to carve out a life there. He's certainly smart enough to work at the iron bank at the very least.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

kiimo posted:

That made me think, has that dude that lusted for Meera to get raped that I gave a custom title to still post? I have had avatars off since the Joffrey spoil.

There hasn't been a rape in a few episodes so I guess he hasn't felt the need to chime in. Or maybe he got probated.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

Melisandre said last season that the 'true battle' was in the North, which could either mean Night's watch vs Mance's army or humanity vs white walkers.

I would wager that she means the White Walkers considering that the lord of light is like their polar opposite; warm and light vs cold and darkness.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Gianthogweed posted:

The show has revealed more about them than the books have. Actually, in the books they're called "the others", but the show changed them to "white walkers" to avoid any confusion with the show Lost and their "others". I guess they didn't see Walking Dead coming. But they're not zombies. The wights are pretty much mindless zombies (the dead guys that came back to life), but the white walkers are like a whole 'nother race of sentient beings that we know very little about.

And I hope they stay that way in both books and show. Give them no Bond villainesque monologue about their fiendish plans or have the Night's Watch find some ancient tome or forgotten diary explaining their origins. The only things we should know about them is that they want to kill everyone and bring on an eternal winter.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

DepoProvera posted:

I love Aiden Guillen but his acting is just so jarring it takes me out of it whenever he's in a scene. Very disappointing considering I assume his part is only going to grow in the coming episodes.

Maybe he'll finally get to flex his acting muscles a bit. All Littlefinger has done these last four seasons is stand still with his arms at his stomach looking as sly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Mance, Gendry and Benjen are all chilling up north eating snowcones.

• Locked thread