Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I like EffortOPs, not the least of which because I am in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

wisdomHNOX posted:

They really start to get down to business.

To defeat... the Dothraki.

I was checking it with my sister yesterday, since we were also curious. Here's a thing, according to the TV wiki.

code:
Actor, Age  /  Character, Age / Difference

Maisie Williams, 17  /  Arya, 14  /  3 years
Sophie Turner, 18  / Sansa, 15-16  / 2-3 years
Isaac H-W, 15  /  Bran, 13 /  2 years
Kit Harringon, 27  / Jon Snuh, 20  /  7 years
Richard Madden, 26* / Robb, 19 / 7 years

*(as of S3E9) 
I probably won't do adults since who cares.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
When are we gonna see full frontal male nudity already?? :rant:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AMReese posted:

What are you talking about? We saw Hodor dick, remember?

Oh hey we did. (nsfw obviously)

Cool, okay, fair enough.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Brock Samson posted:

Don't forget flaccid theon dong.

I was really disappointed last episode we didn't get to see what kind of freakshow Theon has now. We had the perfect opportunity too!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

the kawaiiest posted:

Yeah I also brought it up a while back but I have no idea if it's actually a thing or if he's just not good at accents or what.

idk I didn't mind his accent in the Wire but my roommate (who watched Game of Thrones before me) said it wasn't good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vmWkJ8hLoE (go to 1:15 for a speech; also season 3 spoilers for the Wire)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Not a book reader haven't been spoiled about the outcome of the battle, but I'm going to be very happy if, after all this complaining about the Mountain's recast, he only shows up in armor next episode and dies :allears:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
They have at multiple points used "years" to describe the events on the show; Petyr tells Sansa Joffery tortured her for years, Cersei saying she hadn't seen Myrcella in almost a year. But that makes a lot of the stories rather strange - it's taken Bran years to get to the wall? Dany years to get to Mereen? And so on.

It's a weird compromise to the reality that it takes RL years for the show to run its course, but in the books presumably the events happen over far less time.

That their planet has weird-rear end seasons doesn't help though. So it's no longer summer, but, now I guess we're in years of autumn? Shouldn't the trees eventually change their leaves? Will the show have to start airing in the summer to account for filming in the fall??

Best not to think too hard about it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The basic seasonal setup is that they have summers and winters of unpredictable length, measured in years, and not much in-between. Scientifically-speaking, this would blow a real-life meteorologist's mind, I'm sure.

Well there has to be something in between, because if summer is over, then winter has already come.

But then again:

EccoRaven posted:

Best not to think too hard about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I know it's too late, but honestly it's speculation that feels so correct that it might as well be a spoiler.

I was first exposed to it ages ago (hello south park thread), and while it hasn't impacted very much (since there is very, very little in the show suggesting it so far), like any "spoiler" it leaves a vague feeling of regret.

I dunno. I've given up trying to avoid spoilers, but, I watched the first three seasons totally spoiler-free, and it had a kind of ineffable quality to them. I'm afraid the more I learn the more I'll lose that feeling.

But simultaneously I want to talk about it with others and see what they think.

It's definitely untenable with the internet being what it is, which is why I've given up trying to avoid spoilers. But, I guess I just wish it didn't have to be that way.

e: (I also recognize that likely I'm just being neurotic, but what is an internet thread but a chance at some quality navel-gazing?)

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 24, 2014

• Locked thread