Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Azzents posted:

Historically, a lot of highborns and lords were pale because they didn't have to slave away in a field under a blazing sun all day. Seeing as how a lot of the characters are highborn it makes sense that they're pale as heck.
You'd think even just factoring the time the actors are outside that Emilia Clarke would've picked up a decent tan by now, it's like she's actively avoiding it for continuity or personal reasons? Bit of a :goonsay: observation though I'll admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Bobo the Red posted:

I'm so creeped out for Sansa. Lysa almost gave away that Little finger is a big reason why her whole family is dead, but she did it in a crazy way and Sansa is so drat naive.... She might be all up on those little fingers before Arya or Brienne come by
I don't believe you were creeped out, I think you just wanted to make that joke :mad:

Macrame_God posted:

I imagine her being noticeably taller than him made it look less awkward.
Yeah, her being as tall as him took the edge off of it a bit. That said, isn't Sansa like ~15 and Littlefinger must be at least twice that? :stare:

All things considered thought this was an awesome episode, though it still feels like there are too many strands that are barely going anywhere (Danys non-adventures being the most notable). Poor Jorah :smith:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I was kinda hoping that the point of Oberyn's story about seeing Tyrion when he was a baby was that he'd actually say to him that he was fighting both to avenge his sister, but also because he sympathises with him. I guess even by volunteering to be his champion he's tacitly doing that, but wanted him to say it explicitly even if it would've been expository. :smith:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

What about "I wish TV shows and movies wouldn't talk down to the audience :colbert:"?
I just wanted Tyrion to catch a break. Dinklage is killing it, I can't imagine myself feeling so much empathy for another character :smith:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

qxx posted:

Those guys weren't looking for Arya, they were looking for The Hound. In the previous episodes, the Lannisters and friends were told of The Hounds general whereabouts, important to note the reports did not mention anything about The Hound having a traveling companion either. Nobody (with the exception of Hot Pocket and now Team Brienne) knows that Arya is alive (explained last night) or that she is with The Hound for that matter. Those clowns "finding Arya" was just because she was with The Hound. And they aren't telling anyone now so the mystery remains.

Edit: I like how they are developing The Hound's character without sacrificing his badassery. Usually, they intro a bad-as-gently caress character and tone him way down to make them more 'human'. So far, while humanizing The Hound, he still snapped that guys neck and killed him without barely any effort. Good times.
Do you not think it's remotely noteworthy for Varys' spies to note that The Hound was travelling with a child companion for no apparent reason whatsoever? You could explain it away perhaps by saying that Varys was told about Arya, but chose to keep that information to himself I guess, but in and of itself it's a bit strange to omit that information.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

If Oberyn fell in combat would the Dornish be upset? Its a fight he entered of his own volition, and an honourable death. That said I hope he does prevail otherwise we'd be losing one of the chillest characters on the show, and be left with Mountain 3.1 Pro.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I knew it was coming (seriously, why else was he there), but "What about what I want" onwards was still a :tviv: moment for me.

If this guy doesn't triumph over the Hulk Smash Clegane then we're gonna lose one of the show's most interesting characters. :mad:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

gently caress the king books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Preview question:

Do we think Sansa will actually rat Petyr out? The preview makes it look like an obvious "opposite of what you see" switch, but Sansa seems to be incapable of not making stupid calls, so who knows?

• Locked thread