Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Venser is insane in the mirror (with cavern) and also really good against lands because it gives you another way to kill Marit Lage without having white mana. Vensering a land in response to infernal tutor is also the best feeling ever.

http://imgur.com/dKU2Xoe - My current list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Oh yeah Liliana just gets completely destroyed by Venser. I once got someone to discard their own Goyf, Lavamancer, and Liliana to Liliana in the same game.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

wiskibubbles posted:

I saw Jim Davis Legacy list and as a Miracles player I'm loving terrified. It makes me want to run the Venser combo even more since its the only way to counter the uncountable ones. I think with the new Eldrazi 12 post may become a more played deck. Because most of the deck is modern legal. But again I don't believe its as broken as it is in modern.

A kid at my college plays some weird as tron post list and I smash it 98% of the time but again hes not a good player and his deck is missing some key cards for speed.

The elves list I saw guys talking about I think cavern is the winner. Against the Miracles your gonna have a bad matchup no matter what. Terminus is just to strong. and like what was said mulling for a leyline isn't what you want to do.

For dredge. DO IT. I love the deck I just don't have it built. I can't count the amount of people who don't have Grave hate in my local area. I play a Dredgevine deck in modern and its funny as gently caress to see people forgetting their hate. I just promise you run into me at a table I'll have plenty of hate I never don't run it gravehate to me is like a pithing needle its required in every sideboard no matter what . You never know whats gonna show up.

Goblins is a terrible match up for legends miracles; if you want to beat it entreat and sideboard staticasters is where it's at.

The eldrazi legacy deck is scary powerful and I am looking at a new build of miracles to make the match up less awful.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Some miracles player was really tired of losing to 12 post.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

On 2 life with Miracles versus legacy Eldrazi, with opponent having out two Thought Knot Seers and a Mishra's Factory, as well as a chalice on 1 and a sphere. I am drawing dead except for one card...

Moat off the top. Feels good.

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 8, 2016

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Infect can be a pretty hard matchup for Miracles, but sometimes your opponents make it a bit easier for you.

http://imgur.com/vEseoF4

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

bhsman posted:

I probably fall closer to the Schonegger side of Miracles (I think the current list is built similarly to one of his recent lists) so Mentors in the main is the way to go (or at least until I can get the last two Snapcasters :v:). I hadn't heard of Keranos over Jace 3, but that's something I'll have to keep in mind.

Actually, most of the players at my store tend to prefer DnT; any specific cards you'd recommend? Just in case.

VVV Can't argue with that

D&T is a pretty decent matchup for you already, if you want some powerful sideboard hate I would recommend more Izzet Staticasters and/or Sulfur Elementals (Sulfur Elemental is better in the mirror vs opposing mentors, Staticaster is better against a broader range of decks/if you plan to be playing a bunch of mentors in the mirror). Moat sideboard is quite good right now due to Eldrazi, rather expensive in paper though. I really like a Pithing Needle sideboard - it's very versatile and powerful, and also quite good against D&T.

Predict is showing up in many, perhaps most non-legends Miracles lists. Personally I run legends miracles and have zero interest in it. Venser and Clique are pretty nuts vs D&T - Stoneforge attacking equipped with Sword of Fire and Ice -> flash in Venser, bounce SOFI, block Stoneforge is a gigantic blowout, as is Cliquing away stuff in response to Vial or Stoneforge.

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 5, 2016

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Is Tezzerator a thing in Modern? I thought that was a Legacy deck. I don't think I've ever played against a Tezz in Modern other than a dude running AoB in Lantern Control.

Sword of the meek was just unbanned in modern.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

http://imgur.com/WAP44SM

I love when people who play with Cavern of Souls don't know how it works.

Bonus rub ins: on the previous turn I hardcast a Force on their Vendilion Clique, countering it.

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 15, 2016

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

Between DRS and Terminus there isn't a good goblins matchup anywhere, Merfolk should be the anti-counter-top deck but again, terminus exists, and yeah, Zoo isn't a deck.

Terminus doesn't need to exist in this format at all.

Lands is not a bad matchup for Miracles. Lands basically has to go all in on a fast Marit Lage and hope that they can loam it multiple times to burn through all the StPs, snap-StPs, and Terminuses before counter-top comes down, because once counter-top comes down they have to get lucky enough to draw more of their 4 dark depths and 4 stages than Miracles draws more of their 12 answers to that combo.

Goblins is one of miracles' worst matchups other than 12 post and merfolk is an OK but not great matchup post-warping wail.

Lands is a good matchup though.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

http://imgur.com/23ldgXB

I love the miracles mirror with the legends build. I guess my opponent doesn't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

kirtar posted:

Wait did this idiot think that Monastery Mentor was a one of or was it a different 3?

He thought Venser was a 1-of (I have 2). That comment was in response to my bouncing his counterbalance with a Venser. The 3 I revealed game 1 was a Vendilion Clique, which I have 3 of.

• Locked thread