Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The Habs had bonkers Canadian tv ratings for game 7 in both languages.

quote:

On Wednesday night, CBC reported a record audience of 4.56 million for Game 7 of the Canadiens-Bruins series. The public broadcaster reported a peak audience of 7.23 million and said more than 11 million Canadians saw at least part of the game. Another 2.496 million watched the game on RDS with a peak of 3.477 million. The French-language broadcaster said those numbers represent 58 per cent of the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

The analytics crew (Dellow, Mirtle) were all pretty big and bullish on the Rangers before the playoffs started (and have always been bearish on the Habs), and I think their work bears that out. I also trust Vigneault to win the coaching battle in a way that Julien isn't always willing to do when Montreal works whatever brain stuff they do to the emotional part of the Bruins contingent. I feel like we're going from Klingons to Vulcans, at least in terms of reputation.

Montreal isn't hopeless, but I can't shake the feeling people are going to be pleasantly surprised with the Rangers versus the sorta coinflip talk that's going around now.

edit: This shouldn't be a surprise, but:

quote:

J-F Chaumont @JFChaumontJDM 3m
#Habs: Marc Bergevin dit qu'il déjà pris sa décision pour Michel Therrien. Traduction libre: Therrien signera une prolongation de contrat.
-> ObTeteCarre: Therrien extension imminent.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 17, 2014

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Martytoof posted:

I want to be optimistic but years of this has beaten me into submission.

This is exactly my problem - I go into every series picking out why doom will arise, despite wanting them to win with all my heart.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Is there a chance Lundqvist is hurt?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

quote:

Vigneault says he did not consider putting Lundqvist back in for third period, and Lundqvist also said he didn't want to come back

That owns so much.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I want to believe, but I just don't see the Rangers not being able to take advantage of their much better coaching and the crazy lopsided goaltending matchup of Olympic Hank to AHL Dustin over two games, especially with a chance at home.

Still, Montreal far exceeded what I could have expected with an AHL goalie going in cold, and Tokarski deserves a heck of a lot of credit for being competent (if the faint praise fits, wear it) beyond what we could have expected from his body of work to date.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Rene Bourque pro-click zone:

https://twitter.com/opinionated_mom/status/471506902442983424/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Stickarts posted:

If you aren't oscillating between mock outrage and soul-seeping despair every waking moment of your playoff life I hope you poo poo yourself to death.

Is there room for nervous-to-the-point-of-nausea within that range?

• Locked thread