Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Both Price and Lundqvist have been on loving fire lately, and that has me worried. I mean, if MAF can shut the Rangers out twice, what is Price gonna do?

E: Can't watch game 1 as I'll be working. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

E: ^^^ While Emelin is down on the ice, the shaft of his stick catches Kreider on his right (screen left) skate.

It looked to me like Kreider was going full steam ahead to get to that puck (obviously). He had a stick at his hands, Emelin's stick at his skate, but pretty much had the defensemen beat. I think the fall came mostly from trying to go from over-extending forward to get the puck to pulling back and standing up. You can see he's still hunched over as he's recovering from stretching out, and also on one skate.

Shifting body position + sticks at his skate (maybe hand?) + great speed + slippery ice = oops.

If Montreal had a REAL defenseman, like say, McDonagh, this wouldn't've happened.

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 19, 2014

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

No, but seriously, it really blows that Price is apparently gone for the series. I was looking forward to the goalie matchup of this series, and I didn't want any real animosity between HAS and RAS, since they're composed of mostly cool people.

And I just read in the paper this morning about how Therrien was unsure about Price for tonight. :sigh:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Manhattan is 8 feet above sea level :ssh:

What about the massive subway system on which the city relies?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Do you really think the subway is only 8 feet deep? If it is anything like the DC subway, 20 feet is probably generous. That poo poo is already below sea level, only water at the surface is going to flood it a la Sandy.

I meant that the water doesn't have to get up to 8 feet high to flood the subways. Hell, I'm pretty sure most of the tunnels have pumps that are constantly trying to keep out water that's always flowing in.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

The Rangers are 0-13 in the last 13 games they were ahead in a series. And they've also had a historically bad record with Montreal, against backup goalies, and the team is prone to shutting itself down. I have faith that Montreal is not out of this at all. Hell, if the Rangers even take this to 7, Price might not be out for the rest of the series as reported. I mean, he played out the rest of the period he was injured, and practiced yesterday for a short while. It might just be a tweak that they don't want to chance.

I'm pulling for Price to make a miraculous recovery since I don't want to 1) Win a series against a backup and have that imaginary asterisk 2)be deprived of the goalie matchup I was happy to see between Hank and Price 3)See a series where the Habs goon it up, since they're a better team than that 4) Lose a series against a backup :v:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Pancakes by Mail posted:

I'd much rather an exciting or fun Tokarski game (be it a surprisingly good performance or completely FUBAR) than a boring, all-but-assured Budaj loss (sorry Flanders).

Sorry, you're playing against the Rangers. Game is assured to be boring.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

EvilJimmyCarter posted:

Get one of Kreider that says tricher pour gagner.

How do you say "kill to win" in French?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

stab posted:

OSTIE DE TABERNAC. QUELLE NIASAIGE! ON VA FAIRE QUOI AVEC TOKARSKI? Calisse le gros il est meme pas capable d'etre le numero quatre a Tampa pis on veut que il nous sauve? Calisse je me rase a soir, le saison et fini, on va se faire ramasse. On peut mettre Galchenyuk, ca va rien faire, crisse meme si on joue Tinordi pour encule Hank ca change RIEN.

OSTIE 2010 encore. Je deteste ca. Allez les Canadiens, mais on sache, les chances...ils sont EXTREMENT minces. :(
Please don't do that. It's only a matter of time before our cryptographers break the code.

Bilirubin posted:

Such mad.
Very church words.
Wow.
Please don't do this. It really hurts me.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Levitate posted:

ffffffffffff

It is apparently "tuer" though someone might be better at googling French than me.

Tuer pour gagner

Shyfted One posted:

8PM? What the hell?

I guess because there's only one game per night they wanna give West-coasters a fair chance at watching the ECF.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Parachute Underwear posted:

Galchenyuk is in

(the rafters)

Yeah, well, so was Owen Hart.

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 20, 2014

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Well, I won't be posting in the GDT since I'm going out to a bar to watch with friends, but I hope it's a good game. And I'm sorry that HAS can't watch the goalie that deserves to play in net for them. Hope Price recovers soon, but I hope Tokarski/Flanders play alright in his stead.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Levitate posted:

Also Ryan McDonagh has 6 points in the first 2 games this series
I just came.

Furnaceface posted:

Price would have helped that game, but they still werent scoring on Lundqvist. Dude was loving dialed in.
Unnfff. Beachballs all day.

Jovial Cow posted:

Nash, Marty, and the PP all scoring bodes really well for the rangers. Unfortunately I can't tell how much of that is the rangers improving vs Price being out. I guess the confidence boost is a massive plus regardless.
Who cares the cause, the effect feeds back into itself. Pile it on. Get everybody feeling good for the next game.

BrokenCycle posted:

I'm really curious as to what the Rangers fans think about this series now that Price is out? They dominated the Habs in game one, obviously, but does it seem cheap that they're going to the SCF because some dork is in net now? How do you guys feel about it?
Aside from my over-the-top excitement about my team that I showed above, I feel sort of robbed not being able to see Price vs Lundqvist. I wanted to see the Rags test Carey. I mean, I do love to see my team win, and I'm glad we won the first two, but I feel Habs with Price vs Rangers would make for a more memorable series, for better or for worse.

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 20, 2014

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Zamboni Jesus posted:

kreider actively embracing the villain role would be pretty hilarious if it weren't against the canadiens.

No, it's still pretty great.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Ceyton posted:

I think at this point, it would be totally acceptable for Murray or White to take a running feet-first slide into Hank's ankles.

Straight up Ty Cobb that motherfucker.

Hank stops rhinos. That's nothing.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

http://www.thescore.com/news/505597

Here's a Systems Analyst post from Justin Bourne. I know I love these sorts of write-ups because I really have little understanding of hockey systems. Maybe someone else will like it, too.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Mike Works posted:

Rangers have had the easiest walk to the SCF that I can think of in recent memory. In for an incredibly rude awakening when they meet the west.

What do you mean, they've gone through two game 7s so far :v:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Hockles posted:

gently caress, those Nike skates were so cool.

Zen, to answer your question: 1) The spelling. 2) He is not a goalie 3) He did not play for the Lightning
(if he is supposed to be the hockey player in the av)

He messed up The Great One's name repeatedly in a GDT and was ganged up on for doing so. I think the joke is that he's making it as wrong as possible.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

EvilJimmyCarter posted:

Who was the photographer during this shoot anyway, Sean Avery? Because that would be amazing.

I believe it was P.R. MacGwire

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Largo LaForge posted:

Yes! New avatars for all of RAS! :homebrew:

Kinda sad that my Dubitar is gone now, though. :(

Mine isn't quite relevant as the NYR PHI winter classic is done gone for a while now. Also, Callahan is no longer on the team (that's him in the corner.) But I do have a soft spot for Big Trouble in Little China still... As a new av, I was thinking of that picture of Zucc wearing the hat that says GOON. For text, I was trying to think up something clever that includes the words "go on." However, I am not a clever man.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

This sucks, I was wondering where half of my Rangers bros were and they've been here the whole time!

I know I'm generally a pretty unremarkable poster, but hey, c'mon now, man

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Mind_Taker posted:

His larger body of work is that he is a career .914 goalie, which nowadays isn't good at all.

As an Islanders fan, this makes me cry. I dream of a .914 goalie on the team.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

You two timing Rangers/Islanders fans deserve all the misery you get :colbert:

I am a fan of every NY team that my dad does not root for. But because both are on in the house all the time, and hockey is basically the only thing we bond over, I can handle being both an Islanders and Rangers fan.

Also, I don't think calling Crawford "not great" is the same as saying he's bad, as some people are taking it. Even if he's middle of the road, that's pretty solid. And having a great team around him helps even more.

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 22, 2014

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

E: ^^^ That, too.

If he doesn't shout "Tricher Pour Gagner" I'm gonna be pisssssssssed.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Jam Band Death Cult posted:

Can anyone explain to me who Doug Murray is and why everyone seems to hate him?

He's a defenseman on the Canadiens who is really very, very awful. But Michel Therrien seems to like him for his grit and the message he sends to other players. All he does, however, is turn the puck over and ice it. Habs fans hate him. Also, he hates being called Doug, because it sounds like dog. And his nickname is Crankshaft.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

tbh, the Rangers were really undisciplined tonight and deserved pretty much all of the penalties they got.

But it is a little infuriating when most of the penalties seem like wilhelm_scream.wav would accompany them perfectly.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Rangers play such boring games.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Duro posted:

Honestly, the Rangers should count their loving lucky stars that they are up 3-2 in this series, because the Habs easily could have won games 2 and 4. And to think, they allowed the Canadiens to win 2 loving games with an AHL goalie in net, after purposefully injuring the greatest goalie in the world. gently caress, if Price was in nets the entire series the Habs would have probably been in the finals by now but history will only look at the stupid scoreboards.

And wow, what a coincidence that poor poor Stepan was in the lineup tonight. After the devastating surgery he had to go through, what a brave brave little man he is to fight through the pain of such surgery and play in the series so soon. It's not like he and the Rangers have been cheating their asses off throughout the series, trying to gain whatever stupid edge they can gain. It's almost as if they made his surgery look much worse than it was so that Prust could get a bigger suspension.

Hopefully the assistant coaches can get a nice comfy seat at the next Habs practice in New York. I wouldn't want them to miss any coaching decisions Therrien makes.

If you toned it down a bit, it might be a believable that this is an opinion that someone has.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Duro is the gift poster that keeps on giving posting.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm convinced Duro is just a HFboards c/p bot.

or an agent provocateur.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

I said some lovely things in GDT threads. Now that the series is ended, I'm sorry, HAS. You are all cool people (Aside from like 2 posters).

I'm so happy with the Rangers being in the SCF. I'm ear-to-ear right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Bliggers- posted:

Class act Hawks fan rolling deep with his feather headdress

But he's respecting and honoring the red man native americans.

• Locked thread