Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Tailored Sauce posted:

I certainly did not expect the Rangers to get this far. loving hell, now I'm feeling hopeful.

Same, Hank is playing great, the D is looking good (McDonagh looks more like himself if not quite as dominant as the last few weeks of the regular season) and they have 4 good lines especially now with Kreider back. I am definitely talking myself into the Rangers having a shot this year. The team rallying around MSL could be the x factor!

But, there is still the fear that neither the Flyers or Pens were actually that good, and now the Rangers will get exposed.

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

a false posted:

i can't verify this because i don't know where to look this poo poo up but i would imagine that the rangers' team PDO, and especially the individual PDO of guys like nash and stepan and st. louis, has to be incredibly low right now. regression to the mean will mean they actually start scoring some goals occasionally. i am hoping this happens

Correct on all three counts!

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

LmaoTheKid posted:

Of all the metro area NY teams the Rangers are the least hateable IMO. Yes I'm biased.

How could you not root for our 3 hobbits?

MSL, Zuccarello and ???

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

DyneAvenger posted:

It's like you're immune to seeing things that actually happened.

Kreider's right skate was hit and his left skate was slightly off the ice at the same time while he was keeping his balance. Left foot was up, right foot came off the ice, he fell straight down with both legs in front of him.

Yeah but still!

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Levitate posted:

Rangers come back from 3-1 series deficit for the first time ever

Rangers beat the Penguins in the playoffs for the first time ever

Rangers go up 2 games in a series against the other team for the first time since 2009

20 year anniversary of the 1994 cup

Destiny.

First 5 game win streak in the playoffs since 1994, I think.

And Rick Nash scored a game winning goal!

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 20, 2014

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

MSL's power play goal from last night:

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

RIP rangers cup hopes. Somehow predatory hits that take out 2 of the Rangers top 3 centers are no big news compared to Kreider getting tripped into Price.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Crap, I would have been all over a $65 Zuccarello jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

And now I'm already terrified of which Rangers' brains and/or knees Dustin Brown is going to ruin.

• Locked thread