Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Okay, free gems acquired! Time for the spoils

-30 new summon slots
-3* Elimo (Guardian)
-3* Phoenix (Lord) dupe
-4* Lilith (Lord)
-3* Aem (Anima)
-3* Lorand (Breaker) dupe
-4* Loch Ness (Anima) I have a 3*. Fully leveled, just needs evo mats
-3* Douglas (Breaker)
-3* Lemia (Guardian) dupe
-3* Sefia (Anima)
-3* Il&Mina (Lord)
-4* Rashil (Guardian) YES. Now I can drop May
-3* Lancia (Guardian) YES. My fire team is lookin' good!

All in all, I'm very pleased. I really wanted Lancia and Rashil. And now I have some stuff to fill in a earth team and start a light team. Still no dark leader though.

Edit: And now my iphone version isn't recognizing my data. Time to reinstall again. Awesome.

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorelicious
Feb 11, 2010
Every time you start BF on Bluestacks/Genymotion after loging in on your phone previously (and vise versa), it will say that it needs to restart because your Gumi ID changed. It should work after trying to log in again.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Wow, that new maiden is a loving beast. I tried the level 1 dungeon as a test run, and she chewed my team up and spit out the seeds. I barely squeaked out a win with two summons left alive, no healing items, no buffs, and both were in the red. It seems like they've been steadily ramping up the difficulty since the initial drop with Cayena, after the clusterfuck that was the dark maiden.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Edit: And now my iphone version isn't recognizing my data. Time to reinstall again. Awesome.

If just restarting the app doesn't work: on the title screen, click and hold at the top of the screen in the middle between the wiki link and your user id. After a couple seconds, it'll bring up the option to delete user data. Do that, it's harmless. Sign in again and it should be fine.

The incorrect session or key or network id or whatever happens any time you switch devices, it's not just a bluestacks thing. Usually just logging in again fixes it, but if not, the above process should do it. :)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Captain Bravo posted:

Wow, that new maiden is a loving beast. I tried the level 1 dungeon as a test run, and she chewed my team up and spit out the seeds. I barely squeaked out a win with two summons left alive, no healing items, no buffs, and both were in the red. It seems like they've been steadily ramping up the difficulty since the initial drop with Cayena, after the clusterfuck that was the dark maiden.

The 4 elemental maidens seemed to be almost identical. They even had the chance an an opposite-element AOEing rear end in a top hat (ie: Siren on Bayley) on the wave before the boss. I think the only thing worse than the dual Grafls on Cayena was getting gun god Douglas in the other, solely because if is BB focus fired someone they were toast.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
One run, one gem, one Anima Vanila. Next?

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Well, got me an Oracle Vanila on my third try. Meh, could be better type, but at least I have one, so I don't have to worry from a "gotta catch 'em all" perspective. But a different type would be nice.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Is anybody having the problem of BF reseting itself when ever you put the phone on standby?

ZephroDyne
Feb 14, 2007

(*ΦωΦ) <I am nekocat

Majinfefnir13 posted:

Is anybody having the problem of BF reseting itself when ever you put the phone on standby?

Mine does that after the update. If it doesnt reset it just goes to a black screen, making me force close it.
Annoying.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

My BF closes basically whenever I switch to another app except sometimes not and it usually happens when I'm in the middle of a really good FH run or I just started a Karl attempt or a 35 energy Maiden run.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Weird, the latest patch Fixed those issues for me. I can use other apps for hours and still swap back to BF without it restarting.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

The game still auto turns on Record Battles after returning to the start screen. And I keep forgetting to turn it back off. Are those video files being stored on my phone somewhere?

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

The game still auto turns on Record Battles after returning to the start screen. And I keep forgetting to turn it back off. Are those video files being stored on my phone somewhere?

I'm pretty sure they only save the most recent battle, plus I don't think they're videos, I think they're replays, so they'd probably only be kilobytes in size anyway.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Pseudoscorpion posted:

I'm pretty sure they only save the most recent battle, plus I don't think they're videos, I think they're replays, so they'd probably only be kilobytes in size anyway.

A text log would suffice for reenactment.

...At long last, Palmyna is complete. As a head's up, the wiki is off; Cardes does Endless regularly but does Foreign Light (the heal) whenever he seems to feel like it.

My biggest problem with the current build is the flickering gems and hearts; my recently-concussed brain doesn't care for that much.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I never have problems with the game closing is that an iPhone thing? My phone has 2 gigs of ram, so as long as I don't keep a bunch bunch of stuff open it stays up all day.

I get the flickery gems on the play store version but not Amazon.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

mcpringles posted:

I never have problems with the game closing is that an iPhone thing? My phone has 2 gigs of ram, so as long as I don't keep a bunch bunch of stuff open it stays up all day.
I think it's a memory thing. My iPhone 4 (not 4s) does it all the time. My brand new iPad air doesn't EVER do it.

quote:

I get the flickery gems on the play store version but not Amazon.
I also get that on my iPhone 4.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Actually, it's started doing this REALLY loving annoying thing: locking the phone quits the app. I think someone described that exact thing, which used to happen after a while, maybe if the program got pushed out of active ram or something? I don't know how memory management works on iOS. But now, if the phone locks at all, even with BF currently active, when it's unlocked you're back at the home screen and the game loads fresh, losing whatever you were doing. In the last hour, I lost both a 30 energy weekend dungeon and a 35 energy battle maiden. Because my phone slept for a moment. That's pretty god damned dumb.

e: Exactly this:

Majinfefnir13 posted:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is this lightning chick ever going to be good?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

FizFashizzle posted:

Is this lightning chick ever going to be good?

Which one? There's lots of lightning chicks, all of which tend to be statistically good overall, and one terrible thunderbird who will always be terrible.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

The maiden

Edit: And, when she hits 5*, she has fairly comparable stats to the other maidens, actually a bit better than Bayley. And most importantly, her hits-everyone brave burst inflicts two status effects.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 26, 2014

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Allarion posted:

Which one? There's lots of lightning chicks, all of which tend to be statistically good overall, and one terrible thunderbird who will always be terrible.

Sorry, the maiden.

Also third Alice. At least it's a breaker

Lorelicious
Feb 11, 2010
Ran Metal Parade 10 times today, got 7 gods.

I decided to pull once because I felt lucky.

:getin:

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Sweet - 3rd run - Anima Vanila drops. Now I can go back to farming metla parades as I have lots of units that need to get leveled up.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

PotatoManJack posted:

Sweet - 3rd run - Anima Vanila drops. Now I can go back to farming metla parades as I have lots of units that need to get leveled up.

Question about Vanila - she has the same BB Douglas - Random targets instead of all targets (having a random status ailment addition helps though). Are these BB types actually the most damaging when there is only a single enemy? Might be good to get a pack for certain boss fights.

Does anyone know the percentages for the proc rates on items and skills? There's definitely a pattern with the language used:

(of paralysis)
Low chance
Slight chance
Chance
Possible
Probable

(critical chance)
Increases
Greatly increases

(BB charge rate, BC drops)
Small boost
Boosts
Large boost
Greatly boosts
Huge boost

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Guardian Vanila drop. Well it's not oracle at least. :sigh:

From looking at her stats it looks like Anima-Lord/Breaker-Guardian-Oracle is the best-to-worst setup.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Ugh I didn't realize she had a random hit BB :( oh well.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
I'm quite frustrated as I can't seem to add anybodies friend ID. I just get "User not found". In addition to this I can only enter friend ID's that are 8 digits? Can't find any information about it anyway. Grrr. :(

My friend ID is 43329723 and I'm not sure how the Metal God referral works but I have not added anyone successfully (User not found or invalid ID), nor has anyone added me.

Leaders:
Burning Vargas
Knight Agni
Loch Ness
Dragoon Zephu

edit: Something to do with Europe, I assume..

Foppington fucked around with this message at 10:50 on May 26, 2014

ZephroDyne
Feb 14, 2007

(*ΦωΦ) <I am nekocat
Decided to try my luck on a single pull and I got... a 3rd Logan. 4* Breaker though, so I guess that's cool.
What the hell, one more... 4th Logan. 4* Oracle.

Now I have Anima, Lord, Breaker and Oracle Logans. My feelings are conflicted.

ZephroDyne fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 26, 2014

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Do you have an Unholy Magress? If so, congratulations on your unstoppable boss-killing squad. Enjoy being able to decimate pretty much any single target that dares to challenge you.

ZephroDyne
Feb 14, 2007

(*ΦωΦ) <I am nekocat
Unfortunately, I don't have a 50% Dark attack leader yet.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Just started playing this. It's fun but since I'm coming from PAD I have a few paranoid questions because I don't want to hamstring myself:

In the OP it talks about honor events being the best time to use your honor summons. How do you know when an honor event is happening?

Are there special times I should use my gems for rare summons or should I just go for it whenever I have 5 gems?

I keep getting metal and jewel kings as login presents. How often does this happen? Are the types of presents you get random? Should I just be dumping these dudes into the mifune I got from the tutorial or should I save them for something?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

troofs posted:

Just started playing this. It's fun but since I'm coming from PAD I have a few paranoid questions because I don't want to hamstring myself:

In the OP it talks about honor events being the best time to use your honor summons. How do you know when an honor event is happening?

Are there special times I should use my gems for rare summons or should I just go for it whenever I have 5 gems?

I keep getting metal and jewel kings as login presents. How often does this happen? Are the types of presents you get random? Should I just be dumping these dudes into the mifune I got from the tutorial or should I save them for something?

The Honor events happen about once every couple of weeks/a month so spend that time collecting as much honor as you can and summon them.

New units get released maybe fortnightly and the rates for those units are slightly higher during the initial release period. Most of the newer units tend to be better than the older ones due to power creep but your pull is still heavily dependent on RNG. If you need units then just pull whenever, otherwise I think you should wait after you have a decent team of five to get stuff you really want.

The login presents are random and make sure to close the app and restart it everyday to get the corresponding login rewards. Mifune is a glass cannon but he's still pretty good at lower levels and at PVP so feed him if you haven't got anything else to feed. Generally speaking, any unit that can be upgraded to five or six stars is worth feeding.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

troofs posted:

Questions

The honor summon thing happens occasionally, usually with an announcement. If you look right now you'll see that the honor summon icons, which are usually a Burny and a Maria and some other summons, are now Jewel and Color Kings. That means you've got increased rates for them.

Also, I would recommend tossing in your metal gods to the Mifune. You usually get enough metal kings/gods through rewards/summons/parades that it's not really worth keeping a whole bunch on hand. Don't forget that you don't want to fuse your Jewel units, you want to sell those.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
I asked earlier about the EU version of the game but didn't get any answers - trying once more just in case, because finding any info about this mess anywhere seems nigh impossible. I played the EU version for a while (I think? This one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gumieurope.bravefrontier) before noticing it is some ancient version (1.0.3.2 instead of 1.1.9) so I can't add any goony goons, don't have the autobattle button and am probably missing some other features as well.

I could download the US .apk from elsewhere (it's region locked in Google Play) and start over, but since I whaled 5€ into this thing already and am some ways into the game that isn't really appealing. Anyone heard anything about the EU version, are there any plans to keep it up to date?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

troofs posted:

Mifune is a Mega Glass Cannon and later in the game Defense will become King. I'd probably save your gods/kings for another unit. Mifune still doesn't have his 6* in Japan so it may be a while before he reaches potential. He's kind of low-tier at the moment

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Lucky for you the honor event just started again until the 29th.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aw, the Dark Rainbow leader, thingy blades logan doesn't have a Burst that makes everyone Dark element. That sucks. Those sorts of skills have all been really helpful in capturing gun ladies. Just need the plane girl and hopefully Lico will come back at some point and also Serin so I can get another four of her.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

McDragon posted:

Aw, the Dark Rainbow leader, thingy blades logan doesn't have a Burst that makes everyone Dark element. That sucks. Those sorts of skills have all been really helpful in capturing gun ladies. Just need the plane girl and hopefully Lico will come back at some point and also Serin so I can get another four of her.

I gotta be honest the element changing parts of bursts are just OK in my experience. They're a nice bonus, don't get me wrong, but it's the stuff that goes along with the element change that's important. Tiara's heal and rainbow leader skill are like 90% of the summon. Other than in fights with big daddios like Karl and in FH for weak element bonus the element change hasn't mattered at all. Like, Lodin's brave burst is rear end at level 1. I only run him in the arena and when I feel like losing 50 energy on Karl because it blows.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Got a 2nd Vanila drop, Lord though. The urge to keep running for an anima type is strong. I only use about 2 ore/seal, 1-2 divine lights, and 5-6 cures per run. More than the last 4 because I'm using a blue team. My dark team isn't even worth mentioning at this point, considering it includes 2 vampires and most units other than Magress and Kikuri haven't been leveled at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

So, with two hours left to go on the Lightning Maiden dungeon, I thought I would burn one of my few gems to attempt to get a second drop. So I use the gem. I start the 35-energy dungeon...

my game crashes before the first pack of enemies appears...

and now I've been fruitlessly attempting to reconnect for 15 minutes, getting steadily more and more pissed.

• Locked thread