Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

It's that time of year again - The Summer Transfer Window. Agents, journalists, and Twitter/Forum ITKs live for these moments so as to claim a slice of the oligarch money and/or internet fame that will change hands as a result of the done deals that take place. The World Cup will certainly have an effect, although only to slow the pace of deals/rumours for a few weeks. The weeks before and after should be pretty hectic. So have at it, post your transfer discussions here.

Major Rumours so far:

Shaw to Man United
Diego Costa and Paulinho to Chelsea
Sagna, Shawcross, Fernando, Mangala to Man City
Yaya Toure to any club that will pull out all the stops for his birthday celebrations

Can't be arsed to list the hundreds more, so speculate away lads...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Is there like any truth to the Fabregas buy back clause? I can't believe there'd be one or that it would be €29 million, but Vela for €3 million seems stupidly cheap too.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Is there like any truth to the Fabregas buy back clause? I can't believe there'd be one or that it would be €29 million, but Vela for €3 million seems stupidly cheap too.

Mmmmmmmmmm transfers

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

RVProfootballer posted:

There's certainly a sell on clause but i doubt after all that grief barca allowed a buyback clause.

Also with vela i know some people have said he doesnt look like a premier league striker but for 3 mil he'd be worth bringing back till january and if it's all still chips when we're 4 nil up then just sell him again

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I can't wait to not read this thread or your terrible posts for four months.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

There's certainly a sell on clause but i doubt after all that grief barca allowed a buyback clause.

Also with vela i know some people have said he doesnt look like a premier league striker but for 3 mil he'd be worth bringing back till january and if it's all still chips when we're 4 nil up then just sell him again

Are you sure there's a sell on clause? That seems unlikely to me. A first refusal clause would make a lot more sense.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Mr Gregmin, tear down this thread

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Weaponized Cum posted:

You should transfer your posts to gbs op

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I can't see Arsenal signing anyone this window

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Blue Screen Error posted:

I can't see Arsenal signing anyone this window

Speaking as an itk, there just isn't value in the market so no one will sign anyone.

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

Think there is some truth to it, although I don't think Fabregas will leave Barca.

As for Vela, it would make sense to bring him in. He'd be good as cover across the front line, but we'd need another attacker in that case.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Way too early for a transfer thread, imo. There's a couple of done deals but those have been in the workings since winter rest is just pure stupid speculation.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Hegay posted:

Way too early for a transfer thread, imo. There's a couple of done deals but those have been in the workings since winter rest is just pure stupid speculation.

It's always too early for a transfer thread, but I think you can expect a lot of transfer activity in the next week or two due to the WC.

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:

Hegay posted:

this is honestly my favourite part of the transfer window

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hegay posted:

It's still better to concentrate the dumb speculation into one thread instead of spreading it to every other league specific thread.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

blue footed boobie posted:

It's still better to concentrate the dumb speculation into one thread instead of spreading it to every other league specific thread.

Agreed, lock all the Arsenal fans away in this thread

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It's always too early for a transfer thread, but I think you can expect a lot of transfer activity in the next week or two due to the WC.

Don't clubs usually wait till after the world cup due to possibly injury concerns. It's not like someone like Reus will be cheap anyways.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

We've signed craig gardener. Good signing imo, we still need a load more but it's a start.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Hegay posted:

Don't clubs usually wait till after the world cup due to possibly injury concerns. It's not like someone like Reus will be cheap anyways.
Usually, and then someone will sign some poo poo house garbageman for poo poo loads because they have a pretty good world cup. It's great, I love a good world cup transfer window, me.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Redundant posted:

Usually, and then someone will sign some poo poo house garbageman for poo poo loads because they have a pretty good world cup. It's great, I love a good world cup transfer window, me.

Milos Krasic...

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Agreed, lock all the Arsenal fans away in this thread

You'll know that the transfer window is in full swing when Liverpool have been linked to a Ukranian league starlet that, of course, all the fans have been following for years who absolutely cannot fail.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Its never too early for a transfer thread

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Weaponized Cum posted:

Are you talking to a mirror haha

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Thirteenth Step posted:

We've signed craig gardener. Good signing imo, we still need a load more but it's a start.

Is he going for the "All Midlands teams" achievement?

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
I have it on good authority that Solskjær will try to sign a few new players represented by Jim Solbakken.

Someone will also buy Vidar Örn Kjartansson from Vålerenga, because there is no way they can keep a striker that scores a lot of goals, it's just not how they roll.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Vela said today that "“We will try and reach an agreement in which we all win, Real [Sociedad], Arsenal and me. We must see what can be done. We will decide what will be my future, it is all about finding the best way to be happy," so uh, something is going on there. I'd bet he ends up getting sold back to Sociedad in some bizarre and shady deal.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hegay posted:

Milos Krasic...

He could've been really good but instead he was involved in one of the worst Juve teams in their history and became a garbageman, RIP.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Just heard Liverpool are going to sign Lionel Messi.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

tbp posted:

Just heard Liverpool are going to sign Lionel Messi.

L'Équipe are reporting that the deal may not go through unless Liverpool can assure Messi that Chelsea won't sign Ronaldo. Amazing.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Grimble posted:

I have it on good authority that Solskjær will try to sign a few new players represented by Jim Solbakken.

Someone will also buy Vidar Örn Kjartansson from Vålerenga, because there is no way they can keep a striker that scores a lot of goals, it's just not how they roll.

To be fair, noone in norway would get to keep someone that scores that many goals.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

He could've been really good but instead he was involved in one of the worst Juve teams in their history and became a garbageman, RIP.

I think he was just another symptom of Juve being poo poo and spending money poorly in that era (like Jorge Martinez, he's still on Juve's books lol). Krasic was a limited player that got "well sussed" in Italy after a couple months. He was still with Juve in Conte's first season and was pretty useless.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I think he was just another symptom of Juve being poo poo and spending money poorly in that era (like Jorge Martinez, he's still on Juve's books lol). Krasic was a limited player that got "well sussed" in Italy after a couple months. He was still with Juve in Conte's first season and was pretty useless.

He didn't play much that year, though, did he? I remember laughing when he got subbed in because he was so much worse than his teammates (Zebina excluded). I think his big weapon was his pace and once he encountered a decent fullback he was pretty much lost.

And to be fair to Juve, some of those other players that were signed at that time ended up being good elsewhere, like Diego and hilariously, Amauri. That was also the time that Marchisio and Giovinco were brought fully back to Juve so it wasn't all terrible.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Were getting Pochettino but no Southampton players IMO

Need a center back, two wing backs and a striker (as always)

I'm hoping for Caulker, Ben Davies and Lukaku

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
SPORT and EMD already jumping on the Sun story saying Yaya wants to come back go Barcelona after the WC. That was fast.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
ter Stegen to Barthelona is a Done Deal as of yesterday I guess.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

NattyBo posted:

SPORT and EMD already jumping on the Sun story saying Yaya wants to come back go Barcelona after the WC. That was fast.

Yawn, every 6 months we have this, bloody press :argh:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

NattyBo posted:

Wow, reading in TuttoFoot that he's considered to be a replacement for Messi who is moving to Liverpool.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Liverpool are preparing a stunning double swoop for Howson and Messi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

Liverpool are preparing a stunning double swoop for Howson and Messi.

Will they even fit in the same team?

• Locked thread