Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I remember when everyone in TRP loved Fellaini and often LOL about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Gigi Galli posted:

20 goals this year, 19 of which involved him falling all over himself to bumble it in to the net.

So nothing changed?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ephex posted:

So nothing changed?

Exactly!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

hadji murad posted:

People actually said he was one of the best midfielders around.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Yaya's agent is apparently trying to get a contract that guarantees him a job for life at the club.

This will probably be the next big thing in contract negotiations. Weekly rates are probably as high as they can sustainably get (thanks Januzaj) and guaranteed future earnings probably represent a smaller amount lost to tax and so more cash in hand in the long run.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

sassassin posted:

Yaya's agent is apparently trying to get a contract that guarantees him a job for life at the club.

He really is one of the biggest mentalists in the game, the agent, less so Yaya.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I think Fellaini will redeem himself under van gaal.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

tbp posted:

code:
Mignolet
Alves Skrtel New CB?? New LB??

Gerrard Lucas

Suarez Messi Sterling
Sturridge

I'm no manager but I'd place Mignolet more in the middle

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Ravel posted:

I'm no manager but I'd place Mignolet more in the middle

He has to cover for Alves being poo poo.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Grimble posted:

He has to cover for Alves being poo poo.

Yeah haha people think Alves and Messi are poo poo now, but remember what Big Brendan did for Sturridge? Talk to me in a year when both Barcelona players are at Anfield. Punk rear end.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

hadji murad posted:

A star player at a mid-table club got hyped to all hell and then struggled at a big club hmm this is so unusual.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!
Stoke have signed Phil Bardsley

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
~~the candle that burns brightest burns the shortest~~

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I was hoping we were through signing Sunderland squad players by now.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

Stoke have signed Phil Bardsley

Can't wait to read some Big Soccer posts anytime "Tuesday Night Phil" gets time at Cameron's expense.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

hadji murad posted:

Uh felaini owns mate, imagine him teaming up with andy carroll to deliver brutal elbow bombs to defenders

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Imagine fellaini and carrol knocking out john terry, both of them playing for west ham

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

fat gay nonce posted:

Imagine fellaini and carrol knocking out john terry, both of them playing for west ham
This could be a D2: The Mighty Ducks thing with them as the Bash Brothers and Big Sam being the Emilio Estevez of the group. Chelsea is Iceland.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Six pages and no Tancredi Palmeri rumors yet?

e- Also can any Poles tell me about Pawel Dawidowicz. His signing with Benfica was recently made official.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 22, 2014

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Seltzer posted:

e- Also can any Poles tell me about Pawel Dawidowicz. His signing with Benfica was recently made official.

Plays for Poland's U-19 and played as a nailed-on starter in midfield for Lechia Gdansk, but was dropped for a number of games recently on account of being, supposedly, a bit poo poo. Some say it's due to a bust up with the manager, but I have no idea how credible those rumours are. Last time I saw him play was against my Legia, where he was relegated to centre back and didn't impress, but that's more due to twobadteams.txt. Having said that, they say he has played rather well in the last two games, which I did not watch. That's all I've got. He's not someone that's well known in the league, but from what I've seen, he does have potential and I'm glad he's bailing from this shithole. Don't break him.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

fat gay nonce posted:

Uh felaini owns mate, imagine him teaming up with andy carroll to deliver brutal elbow bombs to defenders

A doomsday device from the top of the goal post would decimate the opposition and turn it into a real DZ.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Funky Koval posted:

Plays for Poland's U-19 and played as a nailed-on starter in midfield for Lechia Gdansk, but was dropped for a number of games recently on account of being, supposedly, a bit poo poo. Some say it's due to a bust up with the manager, but I have no idea how credible those rumours are. Last time I saw him play was against my Legia, where he was relegated to centre back and didn't impress, but that's more due to twobadteams.txt. Having said that, they say he has played rather well in the last two games, which I did not watch. That's all I've got. He's not someone that's well known in the league, but from what I've seen, he does have potential and I'm glad he's bailing from this shithole. Don't break him.

Yea, sounds good enough. He's been heralded as "the next Matic" by a few people, but I think it's just because he's a tall slav. This signing seems like it could play out either way, but it's good to have some defensive depth.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/thomas-muller-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-cesc-fabregas

Idiotic non-story, but lol all the same at pooshited still thinking they're in a position to sign top, top players.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Al2001 posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/thomas-muller-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-cesc-fabregas

Idiotic non-story, but lol all the same at pooshited still thinking they're in a position to sign top, top players.

I mean, they still are given the right situation, but they're not going to get a player who is happy at a Big Club.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Al2001 posted:

Lol at you thinking United won't sign top, top players this summer.

Dogshit and Silva signed for City a season after they finished fifth. Tevez went there a season after they finished 10th.

If the money is there the players will be there.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
why would fabregas go to pooshited if he could just play for the arse again

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Al2001 posted:

We already signed one a few months ago tbf

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Mata is a wasteman

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Al2001 posted:

Decent manager and still the 2nd biggest club in the world. Just because they finished 7th doesnt really ruin their reputation completely. Milan were shite this year and finished out of europe but you won't have a shortage of players wanting to go there.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
There's so many clubs offering CL foot AND nutty wages now. Are we expecting players to give a gently caress about Man U/van Gaal's reputation or history or something?

e: ^^missed your post, honestly I don't think it counts for all that much but we'll see^^

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Al2001 posted:

There's so many clubs offering CL foot AND nutty wages now. Are we expecting players to give a gently caress about Man U/van Gaal's reputation or history or something?

United have more money than most clubs and are going to throw it at players all summer to get them to sign. It's going to be great.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Throwing money at players isn't the United way

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
whoops apparently van gaal called off the kroos transfer lol owned you oval office

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

ephex posted:

whoops apparently van gaal called off the kroos transfer lol owned you oval office
That's according to Jamie Jackson, who 2 days previously had Kroos at number 3 on Van Gaal's list of top targets, I think there's a good chance he doesn't know anything. Not that I believe Kroos is coming but I am going to remain optimistic :)

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Kroos will play an underwhelming world cup and sign the contract Bayern offered him months ago (that or his current contract will run its course to join Chelsea).

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

blue footed boobie posted:

United have more money than most clubs and are going to throw it at players all summer to get them to sign. It's going to be great.

and they're not in the cl so no one will sign. united fans are delusional

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I saw an article saying that United were giving Van Gaal a 150m warchest but that in return he was expected to win the league next season. I'm sure that's a reasonable goal.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

vyelkin posted:

I saw an article saying that United were giving Van Gaal a 150m warchest but that in return he was expected to win the league next season. I'm sure that's a reasonable goal.

Thats like 2.5 players including wages.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ephex posted:

All they need is A Januzaj or A Ronaldo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ephex posted:

Well clearly that United side is only 2.5 good players away from a title winning squad then.

• Locked thread