Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

if only thread ratings could go higher than 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

If there was ever a game project that needed funding this would be it

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Minarchist posted:

If there was ever a game project that needed funding this would be it

imagine the kickstarter stretch goals

The Baumer
Oct 22, 2008
make the tie 8-bit

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dave Concepcion posted:

imagine the kickstarter stretch goals

A Sam Sperglord themed hot dog store

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

someone call TellTale

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

I can't loving breathe holy poo poo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"Sam, I'm so scared!" The dame's voice was all a quiver. The mooks that trashed her apartment were obviously trying to send a message.
"I know a trick that can help you feel less afraid," I told her.
"Oh?" she asked. "What's that?"
"It's an old ditty my mother taught me, always makes me feel better," I said, squaring up my shoulders, trying to appear larger to establish myself as an alpha male. "Repeat after me: I must not fear, fear is the mind killer..."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

As a private eye, I'd seen death before of course, and shown little or no emotion. People who I never knew or would know. But seeing Fluttershy lying there made me stop and evaluate, made me actually look at what was really happening...

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Applewhite posted:

As a private eye, I'd seen death before of course, and shown little or no emotion. People who I never knew or would know. But seeing Fluttershy lying there made me stop and evaluate, made me actually look at what was really happening...

lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
This is what the refrans

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 8, 2014

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

ilikedirt posted:

the autopsy was gruesome but provided some usefuk insights. toxicology sceens came back positive for snake venom. that explained the unusual bite marks on the vics tongue. bingo.

i called up georgia. this was a big break. "listen, peach. your husband didnt choke on that sandwich. it was murder alright. he was assassinated."

"but how?"

"inside of that beef patty of his was a snake. it bit him on the tongue and slithered away. a brilliant crime, really. you see, peach... your husband died of asp burgers"

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
whoa i thought there were only 1 pages

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The bartender brought Vinnie "Smiles" Giuliano another glass of whiskey. Smiles downed half of it one smooth motion, lit up another Lucky Strike, and leaned in toward me.

"Hey, do I look like I'm lyin' ta you?" He smiled. I didn't know.

"HrnnnnnnnnGGHHGHGHHGHGH!" I wailed, closing my eyes tight and curling up on the seat so that my knees were almost touching my shoulders. Smiles quietly left a fiver for on the bar and backed aweay.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

incredible

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

holy poo poo lolllll

quote:

This is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I've seen hundreds of pictures like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The pictures were just windows to a past I've never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this picture made me stop and evaluate. Putting Rainbow Dash in made me actually look at what is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you

Lolllll cause people aren't enough. I need ponies

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i lust for pony death

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

this is the dumbest thing ive seen all year. holy loving poo poo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I was too late. When I forced myself through the door I prepared myself for the worst.

The apartment was covered in blood, my contact was nailed to the wall in a T-pose, just like the scene in my favorite anime Evangelion. It was a warning. Dave's death was shocking, but what I saw on the nearby TV horrified me. It was playing episode 21 of Rorouni Kenshin.

It was dubbed.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
ponys would probably be better if the flying ones enslaved the workhorses that can't do poo poo but be retarded horses

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
Unmoving, she sat in her usual spot. The silence was so oppressive, it was almost tangible. I sighed, the aroma of Flamin' Hot Cheetos filled the room. This wasn't going to be easy.

"Look doll, I don't know how to say this...but...there's someone else."

Her eyes unblinkingly bored into mine until I couldn't take it. I studied the familiar spot on the carpet finding some comfort in the fringe I knew so well as I felt my face becoming redder than its usual cherry color.

"She'll be here any minute. I hope you understand"

Still silence. Her mouth hung open. As I studied those lips I knew so well, I was suddenly struck by how beautiful she looked. As beautiful as when I first pulled her from her box, as elegant as Linux.

The doorbell rang.

I got up to answer the door, observing the outline of the delivery man and his precious cargo through the thin curtains. It might take awhile, but I'm sure she'll come around. We'll be a happy family. And I'll finally embark on my Journey to Love.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The kid's mother showed me down to the basement.
"He and his friends would spend most of their time down here," she told me. "The day it happened... One of them, a friend of his I'd never met before, came sprinting up out of the basement. He almost knocked me down on his way out. I went down to check on Tommy and that's..."
She choked down a sniffle. Water was leaking from her eyes and her voice quavered when she spoke. Possibly a sign of a developing cold, or possibly some neurological disorder. I took a step back to reduce my risk of infection.
"...that's when I found him." she sniffed.
I stepped around her and surveyed the room. A chalk outline deliniated where Tommy's corpse had been, a ghost shape sprawled out on the carpet.
"The police have already been over everything?" I asked.
She nodded. "I haven't touched anything since they've been down here."
"I thought I recognized Inspector DuChamp's shoddy work. As usual, he's ignored everything important."
The dame sniffled again.
"Th-they said they'd do their best, but that he was probably already long gone. A friend of mine told me you were the person to call in situations like this," she gave me an intense look. "Can you do it, Mr. Sperglord? Can you find my son's killer?"
I scanned the room once more. Copies of the US edition of Shonen Jump were strewn around, as well as left-to right westernized bastardizations of Inu Yasha manga. A clamshell case for the 4Kids dub of Yu Gi Oh rested partway open on top of the DVD player. The DVD itself presumably still inside.
"I could find your son's killer, ma'm, but I won't."
Even I could tell the look she gave me was one of shock.
"As far as I'm concerned," I continued, "this was a justifiable homicide."

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Why hasn't this been Goldmined?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

HEY CAN YOU TIE MY SHOES?

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
I hope this thread never dies.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I stood over her body. The deep red of her blood stood out violently against the cold grey cement. The sirens were getting louder. They'd be here any minute. I knew if I ran it'd look real bad for me. I'd made the NYPD look like fools for years. They'd jump at the chance to nail my rear end to the cross (especially that smug prick Wakowski) but those sirens were just too loud.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I stood over her body. The deep red of her blood stood out violently against the cold grey cement. The sirens were getting louder. They'd be here any minute. I knew if I ran it'd look real bad for me. I'd made the NYPD look like fools for years. They'd jump at the chance to nail my rear end to the cross (especially that smug prick Wakowski) but those sirens were just too loud.

sam, noooo :(

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
The letter was tear-stained, like so many of the checks that came in to pay my bills. It smelt like expensive perfume, more expensive than a flatfoot like me could ever afford. Sure, I had a stash of bitcoins that would make me rich someday, but every two-bit scam artist west of the Rockies was in on that game.

The dame had seen my business card, and she sounded desperate. The kind of desperation that pays well if you're nice with the ladies like I am. They get no funny stuff from me - I carried my neighbour's typewriter across town and only wanted a cup of joe for it. Never understood why she only likes the kind of musclebound slimeballs I usually run in for breaking bail, but that's dames for you.

"Your the only one who can help," said the letter, "something has happened to my brother and I need to find out. I can pay cash."

My reply didn't take long - with the bills piling up and work thin on the ground, only had one response.

One word, underlined. So she'd understand.

"You're"

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
The day was hotter than a bitcoin mining rig, and the dame that just entered my office hotter still. I excused myself briefly to administer a little 'chemical assistance', I needed to be at the top of my game for this. As I returned from the bathroom I could already feel the potent mix of eformoterol and budesonide working its magic. I was barely wheezing when I 'm'ladied' her as I leaned back on my 'new' second hand Aeron chair.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Dave Concepcion posted:

The day was hotter than a bitcoin mining rig, and the dame that just entered my office hotter still. I excused myself briefly to administer a little 'chemical assistance', I needed to be at the top of my game for this. As I returned from the bathroom I could already feel the potent mix of eformoterol and budesonide working its magic. I was barely wheezing when I 'm'ladied' her as I leaned back on my 'new' second hand Aeron chair.

This is good stuff.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The suspects drifted into the parlor one by one, puzzled by the detective's late-night summons.
"What's all this about, Sperglord?" demanded Colonel Grufflingsberg, his huge moustache quivering indigantly.
"All will be revealed in time, Colonel, once we are all assembled," answered Sperglord, his piggy eyes twinkling with mischief.
He turned to greet the maid, Julia Pennybottom, as she shuffled timidly into the parlor.
"M'lady" he said, tipping his hat before turning to the rest of the group. "Now that we are all here, I have an announcement."
"I expect you've discovered who the murderer is so we can finally depart this ghastly manor?" Lady Chunkington-Smythe sniffed haughtily, clutching her tiny dog to her ample bosom.
"Not quite, Lady Chunkington," answered the detective, scrupulously avoiding looking at her as he spoke. "But, we are close."
He gestured to the table, where he'd placed a pistol in the exact center.
"On that table is a loaded gun. Specifically, it's a Colt Official Police. A medium frame, six-shot, double-action revolver with a six-round cylinder, primarily chambered for the .38 Special cartridge, and manufactured by the Colt's Manufacturing Company.
"Now, I am going to go to the lights and turn them off, then on, then off, then on and off three times in rapid succession, then leave them on to the count of five, and then off and the killer..." Sam paused, smiling, "will reveal himself."

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 25, 2014

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
"I don't like sliced cheese!" I proclaimed.
The others were dumbfounded by this sudden exclamation, the silence lasted 5.3 seconds.
"Yes, but Detect-"
"I got sliced cheese in my lunch sandwiches today!" I interupted.
The silence lasted longer this time, 9.16 seconds.
"Ok, we will see if we can get you other sandwiches. Can the defense and prosecution please approach the bench."
Ah good, they must be discussing how to get me new sandwiches, their glances of bewildering awe towards me indicate this. I hope they have pickles, maybe I should instruct them.
"Ok, thank you Detective Sperglord, you may step down now from the witness stand."
"The Defense calls for a mis-trial!"
"Granted."

Another case closed, another job well done.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Spergelord tiptoed stealthily down the hallway to the interrogation room so he didn't have to talk to anyone on route. With a tentative close, open and close the door clicked behind him and he briefly made eye contact with the victim's parents before finding a suitable dot on the floor to focus upon.

"M'..lady.." started Spergelord but fell flat. ".. I have some probably bad news and you might want to sit down if you just stood up"

"Detective!" stuttered the victim's father, "please, what's happened? Where is our princess? What kind of evil could do this?"

"That is indeed the question", followed Spergelord, "Just what kind of Evil. Or even Evil at all? Have you considered, sir, that it could have been the work of chaotic neutral?"

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

cause people keep adding funny poo poo

Dave Concepcion