Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

curiousTerminal posted:

All of that for a birdie? I'd hate to see a hole in one.

For what metric of "hate"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I find it appropriate and hilarious that Brits don't know who Paul Revere is. Sore losers, ha!

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

sincx posted:

I find it appropriate and hilarious that Brits don't know who Paul Revere is. Sore losers, ha!

Nobody would know who Paul Revere is if Henry Longfellow hadn't decided that Revere had a better name for poems than Samuel Prescott and William Dawes. Revere didn't even make it to Concord.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I want you to know that this thread just made me go out and buy the new Mario Golf (I both have and love Super Mario 3D World, to the point of completing almost every level with every character.) (Yes, even that level)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

All of that for a birdie? I'd hate to see a hole in one.

Waluigi does a one-man fashion show.

It takes 20 minutes.

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.
We need a gif of waluigi's face on a model that falls down during a fashion show, and as it falls, the screen fills with WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Only then will this thread truly have come full circle.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

There's actually a Luigi in every single level in the game, twice in some, and some overworld areas as well. I'll post the wiki list after the LP finished because, you know, level spoilers obviously.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So since this is basically the WiiU appreciation station for MK8 and such I thought this could do with being posted here and not rock the boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aylDlZ-eyw

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

sincx posted:

A lot of us do. More than Americans who know the name Israel Bissell, at least.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

kalonZombie posted:

Luigi may be a cold blooded killer, but yeah, Waluigi is number one.

Anyone who hasn't clicked this yet is doing themselves a disservice.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

A lot of us do. More than Americans who know the name Israel Bissell, at least.

duh, he founded a vacuum/carpet cleaner compnay

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

RareAcumen posted:

So since this is basically the WiiU appreciation station for MK8 and such I thought this could do with being posted here and not rock the boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aylDlZ-eyw

Just when you thought Fox News had finally reached the bottom of the barrel :negative:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Neruz posted:

Just when you thought Fox News had finally reached the bottom of the barrel :negative:
That's not Fox News, that's the NYC local Fox affiliate. Welcome to the country's biggest media stage, Luigi.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
Haha, wow. My sister and I were playing this game a few nights ago and due to the second video displaying the Miiverse posts, I told her to turn that setting on.

We actually saw and laughed at the 'What's wrong with this dog?' Cat Mario post. When I watched the third video just after it came out, I was like, hey, wait a minute, isn't that... ? :haw:

The Sezza fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 4, 2014

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Holy poo poo that was just interesting level after interesting level. I'm usually not too fond of ice worlds in platformers because too many are just levels of battling with slippery floor mechanics, but there was a huge variety of stages and the Kuribo skate was amazing. Mount Must Dash actually got me super pumped, the way the Mario Circuit theme and the boost pad sound effect compliment each other is brilliant. I could see that being a very fun stage to race with other players. Also it's almost strange how that stage that only gives you 100 seconds to start was probably relatively short but seemed the perfect length.
I am now officially super impressed with this game. Only 3 worlds in and it's managed to mix things up so well.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Pseudonym posted:

I loved the theme music to Dark Land in SMB3 (that being the best of the entire series in my opinion, though I think this is tied), but I'm seriously digging this sort of direction for Bowser. This sort of sleazy jazzy aesthetic really fits him just as well as his military hardware hobby does.

Goddammit, I don't have a TV, let alone a WiiU, so I'm extra bummed. I have to enjoy this vicariously through you guys since you're pretty much showing the sort of excitement level I would have here for this game, which isn't something I've experienced since Super Mario 64.

If you have a computer monitor with an HDMI port, you can use that! It's what I use to play my Wii U, and it looks great.

Now, I already have a Wii U... and this game, but if it helps you guys have inspired me to play this game again. I put it down after the first couple worlds, I think. It's not that I didn't like it! I was playing with my husband and he kind of lost interest. :ohdear:

Anyway, you guys are doing great! Keep it up. I just love your unbridled enthusiasm. It's so charming.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Silver Falcon posted:

I was playing with my husband and he kind of lost interest. :ohdear:

Oh my god did someone excise your husband's fun gland? You should take him to a doctor and get that checked.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Neruz posted:

Oh my god did someone excise your husband's fun gland? You should take him to a doctor and get that checked.

For real. Me and my friends couldn't stop playing this game until we got to the end with every single green star and stamp. Well, every green star and five missing stamps. Gold stars, those are the next goal...

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009

sincx posted:

To be fair, I cannot off the top of my head name a single Vietnamese figure from the Vietnam War except Ho Chi Minh.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Hammurabi posted:

To be fair, I cannot off the top of my head name a single Vietnamese figure from the Vietnam War except Ho Chi Minh.

Why stop there? Any of the prominent figures that weren't a soldier or royalty in the French Revolution?

I know one: Joseph-Ignace Guillotine, the guy who proposed to exectue people by chopping their heads off.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
You'd have to be living under one hell of a rock to not at least have heard of Guillotine.

MessiahForHire
Oct 15, 2012
So I just picked up Super Mario 3D World because of this thread! I didn't care enough to look into it before but just seeing how great this game is and your unbridled enthusiasm for it has won me over.

I'm so glad this thread exists, you guys are great! I can't wait to see you guys play more of this game.

Sinistar
May 8, 2004

I hunger.
What's with the near-invisible question block above the front wheels? It faded in and out as you went in the pipe.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sinistar posted:

What's with the near-invisible question block above the front wheels? It faded in and out as you went in the pipe.

There's hidden things like that here and there, and if you rub where they are on the gamepad with your stylus, it'll be revealed and become a regular question block. If I'm not mistaken, any hidden things will fade in and shine in that weird near-invisible way if you blow into the mic.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Sinistar posted:

There's a lot of those. They're normally invisible blocks, but they show up when you butt slam and use other moves.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t
I just played the level to see what was in the invisible block. It's just a single coin.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Yeah they're just standard invisible blocks. Super Mario 3D World has a thing where certain actions like butt stomps temporarily reveal hidden blocks on screen.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The important secret is that if you stand on the smokestack the camera swings around to a view where you can take bitchin' screenshots.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Broenheim posted:

There's a lot of those. They're normally invisible blocks, but they show up when you butt slam and use other moves.

And also when you blow/ scream really loudly into the mic on the gamepad.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

This game is rather pretty. You also get a Luigi running his little rear end off on the tracks on the far right.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Bruceski posted:

This game is rather pretty.

And it never drops below 60fps, too. Is that another thing is has over Watch_Dogs?

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

frozentreasure posted:

And it never drops below 60fps, too. Is that another thing is has over Watch_Dogs?

I'll tell you what, if this game was running on PC I don't think it would crash my game every day because I'm using the "wrong" graphics card.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Silver Falcon posted:

If you have a computer monitor with an HDMI port, you can use that! It's what I use to play my Wii U, and it looks great.

I don't have one, not yet anyway. Problem is, the one I'm planning to get is going to be for my work computer. I keep rationalizing it as 'not having enough time'. Yeah, that's the ticket, I've got too much else to do :smith:

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

frozentreasure posted:

Thats the amazing thing about this game. It feels like it brings out most of the power of the Wii U. All while maintaining a beautiful FPS at the same time.

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"
Pile another Wii U on the list, someone in the thread mentioned the Mario Kart 8 bundle and I purchased it yesterday along with the Wonderful 101.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Lord Justice posted:

Pile another Wii U on the list, someone in the thread mentioned the Mario Kart 8 bundle and I purchased it yesterday along with the Wonderful 101.

Now you too can experience the terror of stone cold Luigi.

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.
The sales keep piling up! Wii u's left right and center! Think of all the things you could have spent that money on (but didnt because you are a smart human)
Seriously holy poo poo that is like... 10 wii u's now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man this thread makes me feel bad because I like both Toad and Toadette. No idea why, I just find them cute I guess.

Also for names if paper mario is anything to go by they all have insanely lovely puns for names that just so happen to describe what they are. Like Taste T the chef or whatever.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Toad and Toadette are fine, I just wish they didn't insist on giving Toad that voice that sounds like he's a chain-smoker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What was wrong with N64 era Toad's voice? It fit him perfectly fine and it's the voice i think of when i think of Toad, nowadays he sounds like he's sick or something

• Locked thread