Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
That rally just before Haleps break :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Strategically, if you're Halep, how do you not just pound the Sharapova backhand like Nadal does to Federer.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Loving the crowd whistling at Sharapova's bush league gamesmanship.

Come on Simona!

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Incredible by Halep

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Lol, just as Sharapova loses the 2nd set, she takes a bathroom break.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Zarfol posted:

I have the feeling that Sharapova is going to run away with this after she won that first set.

I was thinking the same, but thank god we were wrong. This break by Sharapova is really taking the piss. I really hate these lame tricks she pulls.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Lol, just as Sharapova loses the 2nd set, she takes a bathroom break.

In your reply to me yesterday, I didn't quite know how to respond in terms of being a homer for Halep, but I'm glad that it hasn't all panned out the way you predicted :P

And holy hell did you call the shriek yesterday. Her little antics are such bullshit where Halep is all business.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I do enjoy tennis so much more when there's a villain and credit to Sharapova, she plays the part well.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Finally a game that goes according serve for Halep. Let's hope this is a turning point!

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

This match. This loving match.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh my god that loving rally just now :stare:

e: no, boo to that

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Oh for gently caress's sake. To Sharapova's credit her will to win is amazing, but gently caress if she doesn't annoy every fiber of my being.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Haha, 3 hours.

edit: And there it is. Cool match imo.

Zat fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 7, 2014

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Good stuff from Sharapova. The break she took was a little long, even taking into account peeing, changing the outfit and giving herself a wipedown. Halep should've done the same at the end of the second.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
I love Maria -- screw the haters.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Simona :smith:

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Sharapova making her wait even after death

Steve112sms
Mar 20, 2002

Paregoric babies of the world unite.
I like Sharapova well enough because her shrieking has never particularly bothered me and she seems reasonably cool otherwise. Also, it always makes me laugh to think back to 2005 when people (in SAS and in the media) where confidently proclaiming her a 1 slam wonder despite being extremely young still.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Skip to 9 min for awesome Sharapova awkwardness: http://vimeo.com/97260318

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Amelie Mauresmo is Andy's new coach. (for the grass season at least) :thumbsup:

BBC Sport posted:

"I'm excited by the possibilities of the new partnership and Amelie is someone I have always looked up to and admired," the Scot said.

"She's faced adversity plenty of times in her career, but was an amazing player and won major titles, including Wimbledon.

"I have a very strong coaching team already in place, but I think Amelie brings with her experience and tactical expertise and will push us all to improve.

"Everyone I know talks very highly of Amelie, as a person and coach, and I'm convinced that her joining the team will help us push on - I want to win more Grand Slams."

Murray has been without a coach since the departure of Ivan Lendl in March and has announced Mauresmo's appointment after losing in the French Open semi-finals.

"I'm really excited to be able to work with Andy," added Mauresmo, who is a former Wimbledon and Australian Open champion, and once coached Frenchman Michael Llodra.

"He's an amazingly talented tennis player and I feel I have plenty to offer both him and the team around him.

"I'm looking forward to getting down to work and helping him win more Grand Slams."

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 8, 2014

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

^^ That's really neat. He said he would consider a woman but I didn't think that would actually happen.

If Djokovic plays like he did in the semis then Nadal is going to wipe the floor with him.

e: the odds on Nadal have gone down by .1 since last night.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 8, 2014

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
drat, this is pretty intense already.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I honestly haven't seen Djokovic play much this tournament so I have no idea whether he's been doing well or not. Nadal didn't really look good until Murray but I'm not sure if that wasn't a little bit more on Murray just playing like poo poo. I hope Djokovic can pull it out because I'm sick of seeing Nadal win the French.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

ChaosReaper posted:

I honestly haven't seen Djokovic play much this tournament so I have no idea whether he's been doing well or not. Nadal didn't really look good until Murray but I'm not sure if that wasn't a little bit more on Murray just playing like poo poo. I hope Djokovic can pull it out because I'm sick of seeing Nadal win the French.

I thought this too but then I realised it would be the 9th(!) time Nadal would win Roland Garros and that would be pretty amazing.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Nadal has quite a worried expression out there.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I really really really like watching these two play.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
wtf Djokovic! What a sitter he missed there...

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I don't like the direction this is headed. Great match so far though, Nadal is just scary at times.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Shades of old Novak, he's visibly discouraged and his shots are heavy. Doesn't help that Nadal is hitting some absolutely absurd forehands.

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014
Eating my breakfast, look up to see Novak vomiting in HD slow motion, go back to eating breakfast.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

blueyedevil posted:

Eating my breakfast, look up to see Novak vomiting in HD slow motion, go back to eating breakfast.

Yeah why did that need to be in slow motion?

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

welp 2 games away. he is just amazing

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Nadal feeling his back now? Another twist coming up I suspect.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Almost broke his drat ankle fist pumping.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Cool match.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

ugh, French crowd.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

welp

Bit anticlimactic, but Nadal is just unreal.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.
brilliant

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

love the house music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Oh look Nadal won, I'm shocked. Roland Garros is truly the Nadal own zone.

Why did I only put £10 on 3-1? Fuuck.

• Locked thread