Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Dark Souls in PYF thing dragging this game down
Anything Final Fantasy in PYF little things in games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
Writing the date as MM/DD/YY doesn't make any sense, DD/MM/YY is much better.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

Pewdiepie is really bad guys

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mogambo posted:

The best way is YYYY-MM-DD. :eng101:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mogambo posted:

It's a numerical representation of what people say, eg June 8th, 2014 => 6/8/14 so it does the job it means to.

When America starts say ocho de Junio whatever exclusively yours will work, though.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
Ketchup on steaks or well done steaks.

Never will you see people more angry about someone's objective choice in meat preparation

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lotish posted:

It's a numerical representation of what people say, eg June 8th, 2014 => 6/8/14 so it does the job it means to.

When America starts say ocho de Junio whatever exclusively yours will work, though.

Over here in the UK, where we write it the proper way, people tend to say "8th of June". So it works like that, as well as making sense written out like 8/6/2014.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Ketchup on steaks or well done steaks.

Never will you see people more angry about someone's objective choice in meat preparation

I would get pissed about that in one circumstance, which is if I'm paying for dinner, and someone orders an expensive steak and gets it well done or sauces the hell out of it. Steak in general, whatever, go hog wild, but if you make me pay another ten bucks for what ends up being the same experience, I will not be happy.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Lotish posted:

Then why is it called the Fourth of July? :viggo:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

AdorableStar posted:

Because deep down Americans want to be part of an actual country again.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I would get pissed about that in one circumstance, which is if I'm paying for dinner, and someone orders an expensive steak and gets it well done or sauces the hell out of it. Steak in general, whatever, go hog wild, but if you make me pay another ten bucks for what ends up being the same experience, I will not be happy.

Exhibit A

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

There was a pretty dumb derail about watches in the post your recent purchases.

I found it informative because I didn't know there was an ''ed hardy of watches.''

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Sithsaber. Guy is word salad incarnate.

Ignimbrite has a new favorite as of 03:23 on Jun 9, 2014

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mogambo posted:

Why would anyone argue against this?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Deep Hurting, who, despite not having posted in years, still needs posters making slam dunks against the arguments they think his cartoons were making.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Mogambo posted:

All of LP is one giant derail

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NotAnArtist posted:

There was a pretty dumb derail about watches in the post your recent purchases.

I found it informative because I didn't know there was an ''ed hardy of watches.''

I'm assuming it was a "why have watch when I own a cellphone" thing that pops up when people discuss watch ownership?

To derail the derail thread; do you have a link to the "Ed Hardy of Watches"? That sounds like a grave rear end insult.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Top Gear

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
If you cut a sandwich in two halves, is it still one sandwich?

Can a plane take off from a treadmill?

Buying two lotto tickets doubles your chances of winning.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

Lotish posted:

Please don't start debating the derails posted, you're going to derail the thread.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

WastedJoker posted:

Buying two lotto tickets doubles your chances of winning.

What if some of the numbers on the tickets repeat?

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
Geese man, loving geese.

Yes, they have teeth on their tongues.
Yes, they are very aggressive.
Yes, they have scrawny little necks that a big tough guy like you could wring with your big strong hands.
Yes, I'm sure you could just punt them twenty feet with a good solid kick.
Yes, it's animal cruelty and they are just protecting their young.
Yes, people go through increasingly more creative and odd ways to keep them away.
Yes, we are just encroaching upon their wetlands.

Everyone is right and nobody ever wins this argument but mention geese or show a picture of their crazy loving mouths and prepare to hear these points debated over and over again.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

Memento posted:

Why would anyone argue against this?

I'm sorry you care so deeply about what 12 year olds like

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Barudak posted:

To derail the derail thread; do you have a link to the "Ed Hardy of Watches"? That sounds like a grave rear end insult.

Behold

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
irl watches are a subtle yet futile attempt to add weight and grow muscle in the left arm to equalize the discrepancy of mass from always jerking it with the right hand

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

whoda thunkit posted:

Geese man, loving geese.

Yes, they have teeth on their tongues.
Yes, they are very aggressive.
Yes, they have scrawny little necks that a big tough guy like you could wring with your big strong hands.
Yes, I'm sure you could just punt them twenty feet with a good solid kick.
Yes, it's animal cruelty and they are just protecting their young.
Yes, people go through increasingly more creative and odd ways to keep them away.
Yes, we are just encroaching upon their wetlands.

Everyone is right and nobody ever wins this argument but mention geese or show a picture of their crazy loving mouths and prepare to hear these points debated over and over again.

What the gently caress? Nobody talks about geese ever

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AdorableStar posted:

That one is said British style to make their shame even greater.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo that is ugly as hell. I never understood the latest watch fashion where the face is 2 times bigger than your hand.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

What the gently caress? Nobody talks about geese ever

This must be the only PYF thread you frequent.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Blog Free or Die posted:

Oh god guys we have a Redditor here. I bet you're a big celebrity there. Don't you know its full of pedophiles?

Ugh, almost as bad as 4chan.

Is this meant to be Ironic?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

khwarezm posted:

Is this meant to be Ironic?

Well, it's like rain on your wedding day.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Volume posted:

Holy poo poo that is ugly as hell. I never understood the latest watch fashion where the face is 2 times bigger than your hand.

I agree it's an ugly watch, but the derrail wasn't even really about that. More than anything it was an argument over the brand.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Arrested Development re: bees
Oh you watch that funny show? I also watch that funny show. Let's make an inside joke for a whole page about that funny show we both watch.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Hummingbirds posted:

Arrested Development re: bees
Oh you watch that funny show? I also watch that funny show. Let's make an inside joke for a whole page about that funny show we both watch.

I love AD but this is annoying.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I can't think of a single reference/screenshot/gif from that show that's funny out of context (except maybe the Analrapist business card).

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

If you like the new season, then "anustart" was funny the first time I saw it here, but like the bees thing, it's quickly becoming played out.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Pneub posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I can't think of a single reference/screenshot/gif from that show that's funny out of context (except maybe the Analrapist business card).

The mayonegg reaction gif will always delight me but I take your point.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Dietary restrictions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
San Francisco area housing prices in D&D will absolutely consume any thread they come up in. It's bizarre.

• Locked thread