Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
My friend's Apostles deck works just fine with 30. You could bump down to 36, which means 6 demon summonings. Also a decent chance of Thrumming Stone giving you all the Apostles at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Don't know if there's an issue with your hand getting too big with stuff returned by Athreos, but a Reliquary Tower might be justified.

Just took a look at building a Apostle deck of my own, disappointed to find foil ones are a few dollars each.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
My durdly life-gain low budget deck with a couple combos in it. I have difficulties being able to get the combos off on my turn but it's still fun for me.

http://deckstats.net/deck-4299139-df77437e5e4a8c82f59dc7dbb4fa061d.html

Any suggestions would be nice.

do u believe in marigolds fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 9, 2014

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Since the only 2 Commander decks I have are mono-color I decided that eventually I'm gonna build a mono-color deck for each color. The next one will be green and it will be tribal elves. Mono-black will be some kind of reanimator thing with huge fuckoff demons and stuff to discard and bring back from the yard.

However the mono-blue one I think is going to have Thassa as the general and all the research I've done on other Thassa decks is coming up with a lot of boring stuff. A bunch of them are just counterspells and Control Magic gimmicks. Part of me was thinking Merfolk tribal but there aren't enough good Merfolk to make a whole deck out of. Does anyone have any good ideas for what might work with Thassa?

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Elephant Ambush posted:

However the mono-blue one I think is going to have Thassa as the general and all the research I've done on other Thassa decks is coming up with a lot of boring stuff. A bunch of them are just counterspells and Control Magic gimmicks. Part of me was thinking Merfolk tribal but there aren't enough good Merfolk to make a whole deck out of. Does anyone have any good ideas for what might work with Thassa?

Seeing as Thassa can make creatures unblockable, perhaps a bunch of "when X does combat damage to a player" stuff, like Ninjas and Cipher effects?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Coucho Marx posted:

Seeing as Thassa can make creatures unblockable, perhaps a bunch of "when X does combat damage to a player" stuff, like Ninjas and Cipher effects?

That's... a really good idea! I'll do some research on stuff like that tomorrow. I want most of the creatures to be low mana cost if possible but I'm probably going to put in at least one big dumb stupid high cost thing for fun, like Colossal Whale or Leviathan or Polar Kraken.

Mine will definitely have all the staple card draw spells in it and some of the better counterspells as well.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Elephant Ambush posted:

Since the only 2 Commander decks I have are mono-color I decided that eventually I'm gonna build a mono-color deck for each color. The next one will be green and it will be tribal elves. Mono-black will be some kind of reanimator thing with huge fuckoff demons and stuff to discard and bring back from the yard.

I'm surprised you say Merfolk tribal isn't sufficient. They have a bunch of lords and you have clone effects available to you as well. Also there's all kinds of funny merfolk cards from the Lorwyn/Shadowmoor cycle like time walks and library mill/exile.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pyrolocutus posted:

I'm surprised you say Merfolk tribal isn't sufficient. They have a bunch of lords and you have clone effects available to you as well. Also there's all kinds of funny merfolk cards from the Lorwyn/Shadowmoor cycle like time walks and library mill/exile.

Oh poo poo I completely forgot about all the Clones. That's not a bad idea either. Hmmmm...

Thanks guys this is some really good stuff to digest over the next week. :)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Mono Blue Omnitribal w/Mistform Ultimus.

The deck everyone secretly doesn't know they always wanted to do.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

I've built Talrand as a Mono-U deck that can actually include all the blue bounce, draw, and countermagic that you'd want a U deck to have, while still having a win condition in the form of drake tokens and powerful effects to use/buff them. I'm still tweaking exactly how much of what I want in it, but it's a neat deck, if a bit general dependant.

The other EDH deck I have together is mono-G (I like how monocolored lists can play well without an expensive mana or even cardbase). It's a fairly classic G ramp deck, with Omnath in the general spot, but it's definitely more flexible than Talrand, and any of the other G legends in it (Yeva, Baru, Verdeloth, Nemata) can swap into the general slot and do OK as a different twist. It's also less taxing than playing Talrand, as while I've made a point to put in some mono-G interactivity, it's not as much as the 'everything at instant speed as much as possible' of the mono-U.

It sounds like you've build mono-R and mono-W. I can see mono-W, as it has a lot of good ways to interact with many things, but mono-R seems tricky to me outside of gimmick generals like Krenko or Norin

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I've built a Talrand EDH deck, but I found it to be too dependent on Talrand. If he got killed (which happened often, because you have to tap out to cast him usually), I was just left with a bunch of not so powerful cards in my hand. Maybe that was because I was running something like 30 cantrips, 15 counterspells, and 15 draw/bounce spells. If you're going mono blue, I'd recommend Teferi as the commander, he's really fun and insanely strong. You also never have to tap out on your turn.I reworked the Talrand deck to be a Teferi deck and included some more creatures and just more powerful stuff (like Sower of Temptation, Consecrated Sphinx, Ertai, Wizard Adept, etc.) and some combos to finish things out and it works great.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Wizard tribal. Bonus points for Azami not being the general.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Stab posted:

Barrin, Master Wizard makes a very fun general. Mana efficient, hard to kill, able to reuse all the sweet ETB wizard effects like Treasure Mage / Trinket Mage. I also run a Master Thief because there's obviously going to be one skulking around the Academy.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Dr. Stab posted:

Teferi...and all non-wizards are counter spells. The world will hate you and you will finally rise up to be the rear end in a top hat no one wants to play with.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

It sounds like you've build mono-R and mono-W. I can see mono-W, as it has a lot of good ways to interact with many things, but mono-R seems tricky to me outside of gimmick generals like Krenko or Norin

My mono-white general is Thalia and that's a 1v1 deck. It performs way better than expected. My mono-red is Krenko and it's for multiplayer. Krenko and goblins is definitely gimmicky but my build has gotten me a surprising number of wins.

Dr. Stab posted:

Someone at my LGS already has the Azami/Wizards/Lab Maniac combo deck so I wouldn't build that even if I wanted to.

I've been told that Ezuri is the optimal elf general so I'm probably gonna go with him, every mana dork, every elf lord, some elf token makers, and then just overrun people. It'll probably be a 1v1 deck because if I have to attack people to win that's gonna make multiplayer really hard. And no I don't have Gaea's Cradle or any super expensive cards so it won't be at that level of effectiveness.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Cool mono-blue general: Sun Quan, Lord of Wu. just go mono blue aggro, add some artifact ramp, few counters/bounce and a lot of good blue beaters like Frost Titan, Master of Waves, Thassa, Sower of Temptation. Add some ophidian creatures and effects like Bident of Thassa, Neurok Commando and Scroll Thief, and some swords and you have a deck.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

My mono-white general is Thalia and that's a 1v1 deck. It performs way better than expected. My mono-red is Krenko and it's for multiplayer. Krenko and goblins is definitely gimmicky but my build has gotten me a surprising number of wins.

Someone at my LGS already has the Azami/Wizards/Lab Maniac combo deck so I wouldn't build that even if I wanted to.

I've been told that Ezuri is the optimal elf general so I'm probably gonna go with him, every mana dork, every elf lord, some elf token makers, and then just overrun people. It'll probably be a 1v1 deck because if I have to attack people to win that's gonna make multiplayer really hard. And no I don't have Gaea's Cradle or any super expensive cards so it won't be at that level of effectiveness.

My buddy has a Mono-B EDH deck that is just a ton of those 1 drops that when you sac 6 you get to put a demon into play. Its kind of funny.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Mono-U Sakashima: Clone effects everywhere.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

bhsman posted:

Mono-U Sakashima: Clone effects everywhere.

I have this and it can get really nasty once you start cloning Tidespout Tyrant left and right

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Elephant Ambush posted:

I've been told that Ezuri is the optimal elf general so I'm probably gonna go with him, every mana dork, every elf lord, some elf token makers, and then just overrun people. It'll probably be a 1v1 deck because if I have to attack people to win that's gonna make multiplayer really hard.

It's not needing to kill people with combat that makes elf tribal hard in multiplayer, it's that you'll be running a billion sweepable non-cantripping creatures.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
My mono colored general is Zirilan of the Claw.

Zirilian of the Claw

Creatures:
Spawn of Thraxes
Balefire Dragon
Bogardan Hellkite
Crimson Hellkite
Dragon Mage
Dragon Tyrant
Fire Dragon
Flameblast Dragon
Forgestoker Dragon
Hellkite Charger
Hellkite Tyrant
Hoarding Dragon
Hoard-Smelter Dragon
Imperial Hellkite
Kilnmouth Dragon
Knollspine Dragon
Moltensteel Dragon
Moonveil Dragon
Mordant Dragon
Ryusei, the Falling Star
Scourge of Kher Ridges
Scourge of Valkas
Steel Hellkite
Stormbreath Dragon
Thunder Dragon
Thundermaw Hellkite
Utvara Hellkite
Worldgorger Dragon
Dragonmaster Outcast
Dragonspeaker Shaman

Instants/Sorceries:
Magmaquake
Dragonstorm
Earthquake
Molten Disaster
Vandalblast
Shattering Pulse
Blasphemous Act

Artifact:
Belbe's Portal
Sol Ring
Gauntlet of Power
Gauntlet of Might
Caged Sun
Extraplanar Lens
Dragon Mask
Erratic Portal
Oblivion Stone
Lightning Greaves
Swiftfoot Boots
Neveryrnyal's Disk
Fire Diamond
Thran Dynamo
Worn Powerstone
Gilded Lotus
Mind's Eye

Enchantments:
Crucible of Fire
Dragon Roost
Mana Flare
Sneak Attack
Pandemonium
Warstorm Surge
Gratuitous Violence
Blood Moon

Lands:
Cavern of Souls
Homeward Path
Nyx, Shrine of Nykthos
High Market
Temple of the False God
Vesuva
Thespian's Stage
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
Spinerock Knoll
28 Mountain

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Quick question: What are people normally copying with Thespian Stage? I have one but haven't throw it into my EDH deck because I don't think there is much to copy with it (that is worth the mana cost), and I normally tap out on my turn, anyway flooding the field.

Probably prospects in my deck:
Mutavault
Boros Garrison
Striped Mine/Tectonic Edge
???

Maybe I could make a point of running more bounce/sac lands like Boros Garrison or Lotus Vale or Karoo to get more mana-ramping-through-fewer-lands.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Quick question: What are people normally copying with Thespian Stage? I have one but haven't throw it into my EDH deck because I don't think there is much to copy with it (that is worth the mana cost), and I normally tap out on my turn, anyway flooding the field.

Mutavault
Boros Garrison
???

Maybe I could make a point of running more bounce/sac lands like Boros Garrison or Lotus Vale or Karoo to get more mana-ramping-through-fewer-lands.

Dark Depths is a good option, albeit a bit expensive. Combo with crucible of worlds for added value.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I changed my mind, the best option for mono-U is Linessa, Zephyr Mage.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Mutavault
Boros Garrison
???

I use it in EDH for Thawing Glaciers, Maze of Ith, Celestial Colonnade, Minamo, School at Water's Edge, Mistveil Plains, and the bounce lands that produce double mana when you tap.

There are a lot of good lands you can copy...just may depend on the deck you are using them for.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

OssiansFolly posted:

I use it in EDH for Thawing Glaciers, Maze of Ith, Celestial Colonnade, Minamo, School at Water's Edge, Mistveil Plains, and the bounce lands that produce double mana when you tap.

There are a lot of good lands you can copy...just may depend on the deck you are using them for.

It's also great for copying lands like Ancient Tomb/Temple of the False God/etc.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Bonus posted:

I've built a Talrand EDH deck, but I found it to be too dependent on Talrand. If he got killed (which happened often, because you have to tap out to cast him usually), I was just left with a bunch of not so powerful cards in my hand. Maybe that was because I was running something like 30 cantrips, 15 counterspells, and 15 draw/bounce spells. If you're going mono blue, I'd recommend Teferi as the commander, he's really fun and insanely strong. You also never have to tap out on your turn.I reworked the Talrand deck to be a Teferi deck and included some more creatures and just more powerful stuff (like Sower of Temptation, Consecrated Sphinx, Ertai, Wizard Adept, etc.) and some combos to finish things out and it works great.

You're right about Talrand, and playing that list definitely relies on having counter or bounce backup before dropping him. It works best as a 1v1 list, and I've tuned it as such. Teferi looks neat but his effect seems dangerous in multiplayer if you can't police combo at your table, and he seems like he'd draw a ton of negative attention. Lu Xun seems like a decent alternate option, and Heimdar, Rimewind Master works as an interesting comedy version of Linessa for those people sitting on 30+ snow-covered islands.

Krenko looks fun for mono-R, but given my two extant lists both have tokens subthemes, I'm not super sure about Krenko. Maybe I just like budget monocolored lists and tokens are a really good way to do that. Either way, I'd love to see the build that you find works in multiplayer.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

En Fuego posted:

My mono colored general is Zirilan of the Claw.

Zirilian of the Claw

A friend of mine runs a Zirilian deck, and his major gimmick is getting any one or more of Cold Storage/Helvault/Conjurers Closet/Tawnos' Coffin onto the field so each time he tutors for a dragon, he can flicker/temp-exile it before Z's perma-exile trigger goes off and keep his dragons.

(Once I bounced his Cold Storage with several nice dragons eaten on it, he sacrificed it in responce, and I dropped Gather Specimens :kheldragar:)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Krenko looks fun for mono-R, but given my two extant lists both have tokens subthemes, I'm not super sure about Krenko. Maybe I just like budget monocolored lists and tokens are a really good way to do that. Either way, I'd love to see the build that you find works in multiplayer.

Here's mine. It's really fun!

Actually I'm not 100% sure this is the latest list because I seem to remember removing Legion Loyalist. He's not very good in this deck considering I stop attacking once everyone has blockers. Regardless it should give you a good idea of how it works.

edit: Nope this is the latest list I just need to replace Legion Loyalist. Hmmm...

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 10, 2014

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

edit: Nope this is the latest list I just need to replace Legion Loyalist. Hmmm...

Thanks, that does look really fun. Have the Mono-G list for Omnath, which I secretly think might be more fun running Baru as its general (all your ramp is now miniature Overruns, you're less of an obvious threat).

quote:

1x Omnath, Locus of Mana (3)

Ramp (18)
1x Joraga Tree-Speaker (1)
1x Llanowar Elves (1)
1x Fyndhorn Elves (1)
1x Elvish Mystic (1)
1x Arbor Elf (1)
1x Wild Growth (1)
1x Budoka Gardener (2)
1x Gaea’s Touch (2)
1x Cultivate (3)
1x Kodama’s Reach (3)
1x Skyshroud Claim (4)
1x Hunting Wilds (4)
1x Ranger’s Path (4)
1x Explosive Vegetation (4)
1x Karametra’s Acolyte (4)
1x Dictate of Karametra (5)
1x Sakiko, Mother of Summer (6)
1x Boundless Realms (7)

Protection/Utility (7)
1x Sheltering Word (2)
1x Whispersilk Cloak (3)
1x Swiftfoot Boots (2)
1x Mask of Avacyn (2)
1x Nim Deathmantle (2)
1x Yeva, Nature’s Herald (4)
1x Archetype of Endurance (8)

Draw (10)
1x Explorer’s Scope (1)
1x Magus of the Library (2)
1x Harmonize (4)
1x Momentous Fall (4)
1x Masked Admirers (4)
1x Garruk’s Packleader (5)
1x Hunter’s Prowess (5)
1x Soul of the Harvest (6)
1x Staff of Nin (6)
1x Krosan Tusker (7)

Tutors (3)
1x Crop Rotation (1)
1x Fierce Empath (3)
1x Brutalizer Exarch (6)

Removal (11)
1x Prey Upon (1)
1x Ulvenwald Tracker (1)
1x Night Soil (2)
1x Lignify (2)
1x Krosan Grip (3)
1x Bramblecrush (4)
1x Wickerbough Elder (4)
1x Indrik Stomphowler (5)
1x Acidic Slime (5)
1x Predator, Flagship (5)
1x Arashi, the Sky Asunder (5)

Recursion (4)
1x Regrowth (2)
1x Recollect (3)
1x Eternal Witness (3)
1x Deadwood Treefolk (5)

Fatties (10)
1x Scute Mob (1)
1x Baru, Fist of Krosa (5)
1x Thragtusk (5)
1x Overrun (5)
1x Ant Queen (5)
1x Nemata, Grove Guardian (6)
1x Verdeloth, the Ancient (6)
1x Giant Adephage (7)
1x Gigantomancer (7)
1x Terastadon (8)

Land (36)
28x Forest
1x Tranquil Thicket
1x Slippery Karst
1x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
1x Terrain Generator
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Rogue’s Passage
1x Ghost Quarter
1x Encroaching Wastes

Haven't had as much chance to test this in the wilds as I'd like, but it does really well as long as you aggressively mull for lands. Once it gets up to 5-6 mana it does its thing pretty damned well. Explorer's Scope should be Hurricane, and I'm going to go make that edit right now, actually.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Thanks, that does look really fun. Have the Mono-G list for Omnath, which I secretly think might be more fun running Baru as its general (all your ramp is now miniature Overruns, you're less of an obvious threat).

I have Omnath which I was thinking of turning into Baru considering every game I've played with Omnath has been 3v1 from the beginning of the game.

My favorite card for Baru: Triumph of the Hordes. :getin:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Actually I'm not 100% sure this is the latest list because I seem to remember removing Legion Loyalist. He's not very good in this deck considering I stop attacking once everyone has blockers. Regardless it should give you a good idea of how it works.

Random cards to consider: Mogg War Marshal(has to be better than Dragon Fodder/Krenko's Command at least), Goblin Wizard, Goblin Caves, Gempalm Incinerator, Blood Moon(depending on how high-powered your group is), Forgotten Cave, Wild Ricochet, Battle Squadron(it's a goblin now!), Boggart Shenanigans(probably not), Goblin Diplomats, Horde of Boggarts, Ib Halfheart

My intuition would be to cut the bloodmark mentor as well as the loyalist, first strike is a lot better on large creatures.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Elyv posted:

Random cards to consider: Mogg War Marshal(has to be better than Dragon Fodder/Krenko's Command at least), Goblin Wizard, Goblin Caves, Gempalm Incinerator, Blood Moon(depending on how high-powered your group is), Forgotten Cave, Wild Ricochet, Battle Squadron(it's a goblin now!), Boggart Shenanigans(probably not), Goblin Diplomats, Horde of Boggarts, Ib Halfheart

My intuition would be to cut the bloodmark mentor as well as the loyalist, first strike is a lot better on large creatures.

Mogg War Marshal is definitely in there. I'm gonna guess I took out Legion Loyalist for him. I already have Blood Moon and Horde of Boggarts in there. I've been considering Battle Squadron for a while. Bloodmark Mentor isn't going anywhere because he buffs my defenses big-time. I don't attack with this deck once people have blockers. After that I just sit there building up tokens and then killing people with the burn spells I listed or stuff like Furystoke Giant. If Purphouros hits the table and nobody can get rid of him then I pretty much win. Giving Purph hexproof or shroud is amazing and I love it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Elephant Ambush posted:

That looks a lot like my Purphoros list-
Deck: Purphoros, God of the Forge

//Commander
1 Purphoros, God of the Forge

//Lands
1 Great Furnace
1 Kher Keep
33 Mountain
1 Temple of the False God
1 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle

//Spells
1 Blasphemous Act
1 Brood Birthing
1 Burn at the Stake
1 Chain Reaction
1 Chandra Ablaze
1 Dragon Fodder
1 Druidic Satchel
1 Earthquake
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Empty the Warrens
1 Expedition Map
1 Firecat Blitz
1 Flame Fusillade
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Goblin Assault
1 Goblin Bombardment
1 Goblin Offensive
1 Goblin Rally
1 Hammer of Purphoros
1 Hellion Eruption
1 Krenko's Command
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Massive Raid
1 Mob Justice
1 Mogg Infestation
1 Molten Birth
1 Monkey Cage
1 Pandemonium
1 Price of Glory
1 Reverberate
1 Rough // Tumble
1 Shattering Pulse
1 Skittering Invasion
1 Skullclamp
1 Snake Basket
1 Sol Ring
1 Spawning Pit
1 Starstorm
1 Sudden Demise
1 Summoning Station
1 Swiftfoot Boots
1 Tempt with Vengeance
1 Thran Dynamo
1 Tooth and Claw
1 Trading Post

//Creatures
1 Anger
1 Chancellor of the Forge
1 Emrakul's Hatcher
1 Furystoke Giant
1 Goblin Sharpshooter
1 Hellrider
1 Krenko, Mob Boss
1 Mogg War Marshal
1 Myr Battlesphere
1 Norin the Wary
1 Rapacious One
1 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Thopter Assembly
1 Urabrask the Hidden
1 Warbreak Trumpeter
1 Young Pyromancer

Display deck statistics

I just got a Chaos Warp and need to figure out where to put it. I also will have a spare Mizzium Mortars once it rotates out of Standard that would probably be worth including too.

I'm also trying to figure out if Archetype of Aggression would be worth including from a defensive standpoint- I have no problem chumping for days with the amount of tokens I can put out but since they're all so small a couple big tramplers will spell trouble.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 10, 2014

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

I'd say replace goblin rally with Chaos warp. Looks to be the weakest token generator. Or brood birthing, unless I'm not seeing another way to put Eldrai tokens into play.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

No love for Goblin Warrens?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

I have Omnath which I was thinking of turning into Baru considering every game I've played with Omnath has been 3v1 from the beginning of the game.

My favorite card for Baru: Triumph of the Hordes. :getin:

The other options here are Yeva, Nemata, or Verdeloth, in order of most interesting to least. Really, the 'green ramp shell with enough utility/removal to be interactive' shell is quite flexible. My favorite pickup has to be Hunter's Prowess: It will restock your hand at most stages of the game, and it doesn't ask all that much - any body and an opponent without much for defenses is likely at least a draw 3-5.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Brownhat posted:

No love for Goblin Warrens?

It's a lot better in a Purph deck than a Krenko deck. Or least that was the case with me. While I was tuning the deck it got to the point where I had way too many enchantments and not enough creature permanents. Goblin Warrens is also mana-intensive in my Krenko deck because I have so few lands. If I ever decided to be a total dick and switch Purph to my general and move Krenko into the deck I'd probably find a way to put Warrens back in.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

C-Euro posted:

That looks a lot like my Purphoros list-
Deck: Purphoros, God of the Forge

Display deck statistics

I just got a Chaos Warp and need to figure out where to put it. I also will have a spare Mizzium Mortars once it rotates out of Standard that would probably be worth including too.

I'm also trying to figure out if Archetype of Aggression would be worth including from a defensive standpoint- I have no problem chumping for days with the amount of tokens I can put out but since they're all so small a couple big tramplers will spell trouble.

Just wondering if you considered adding in Pariah's Shield? Any time I see a deck with a god as a commander I wonder why that equipment isn't a staple...it basically makes basic attacks against you null and void...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

OssiansFolly posted:

Just wondering if you considered adding in Pariah's Shield? Any time I see a deck with a god as a commander I wonder why that equipment isn't a staple...it basically makes basic attacks against you null and void...

Hahahaha that is totally going in my Thassa deck. Thanks for the idea!