Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Soothing Vapors posted:

edit: Also who says grok? :cmon:

It's an indicator of my OG Nerd cred. :drat:

e: Oh poo poo, top of page, need content... Anyone else really like the Mordesh? I love that they're basically Night Elves that got hosed up, and the guys stand around looking like Gru out of Despicable Me and pissed at the world. I think their emotes/animations are the second best, right behind the Chua.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

WarLocke posted:

I don't get why internet people are so intense about the headstart. I mean, I have a name reserved for 2 weeks after release, so that's not an issue, and WildStar is so full of character that I'm going to fall behind the first big mass of leveling players anyway since I know I'll be taking the game slow to soak it all in, explore nooks and crannies, 100% Each zone as I go along...

I guess I just don't grok the GOTTA BE 50 NOWNOWNOW thing. :saddowns:

Different people play the game different ways? Some people enjoy the rush of going hard right out of the gate in an MMO. I've done it before, it's been a fun and interesting experience. I mean yeah some people get kind of stupid about it but I don't think just wanting to do it is especially weird.

edit: I'm not taking any time off for Wildstar but I'm still gonna go pretty hard for the headstart weekend and make the most of it.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

WarLocke posted:

I think this is wrong. Unsteady Miasma gives enemies the Blunder debuff/status effect, which is a 25-33% (based on rank in ability) chance for their attacks to outright miss, totally separate from any player Deflection chance.

Unless I am getting this mixed up with one of their other powers, which is possible.
This is correct. Normal Adult Human is mistaken on its effect, it's a Blunder to anything standing in the circle (and a few seconds after), which gives the debuffed target 25-33% chance to whiff (deflect - meaning classes with AMPs/abilities that proc on deflect work off of this).

As for the Bruiser bot, most people use it to interrupt or taunt adds. Engineers do not have much in the way of interrupts (they get another at 31).

Engineers generally are going to have more health than other classes and rely on avoiding attacks somewhat more with their main support ability, and a slew of utility and AMP options to contribute to this or protect their group.

Warriors are generally going to have more shields than other classes and rely more on recovering shields or reducing damage with their main support abilities, and the option to use a few group protection utilities.

Stalkers generally are going to have more deflect chance than other classes and rely on doing a whole lot of buffs/debuffs spread out over their support abilities to make them tank better and weaken their enemies (their only direct group buff is the Bloodthirst utiilty).

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 23, 2014

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

WarLocke posted:

I don't get why internet people are so intense about the headstart. I mean, I have a name reserved for 2 weeks after release, so that's not an issue, and WildStar is so full of character that I'm going to fall behind the first big mass of leveling players anyway since I know I'll be taking the game slow to soak it all in, explore nooks and crannies, 100% Each zone as I go along...

They need to clear all the raiding content as fast as humanly possible so they can bitch about having nothing to do for the next six months.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Because your end game raiders who are half way decent tend to hit 50 quick. So why not ride that train before they get bored and stop doing the content you'll need.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Uh, if you don't hit 50 during headstart you'll miss the first Elder Gem reset at launch, which means you'll be 10 gems behind the hardcore. What are you, not hardcore? You know this game is for hardcores right?

Hardcore.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Why is doublestep writing yet another Wildstar thread. Are the 18 we have not enough?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Also this game is fun to play so personally I want to play the headstart because I get to enjoy that fun sooner!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

WarLocke posted:

I definitely don't want to hit 50 first or anything dumb like that, but I am going to push myself to go fast for the first evening or so just so I can scrounge up a bankroll to start hitting up the commodity exchange sooner. Yes, that's literally my motivation :downs:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

Why is doublestep writing yet another Wildstar thread. Are the 18 we have not enough?

What the gently caress is wrong with this WildStar thread? :eng99:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah, this is the headstart thread.

Like, I know this is a new and exciting MMO, but seriously Doublestep, calm down.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

We've evolved past guild splintering. Now we will splinter threads!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, this is the headstart thread.

Like, I know this is a new and exciting MMO, but seriously Doublestep, calm down.

Hit game Exiles vs Dominion: Nexus Warfare

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

No they're not?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You need to edit the servers, guild leaders, and auth section since that's all decided now. You should probably put it right at the top.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WarLocke posted:

No they're not?

Nexus is up.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

WarLocke posted:

No they're not?

They are for me.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

blueberrysmith posted:

They are for me.

Wow, the launcher lies. :negative:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Tusk posted:

You need to edit the servers, guild leaders, and auth section since that's all decided now. You should probably put it right at the top.

Which guild goes where edition:

All three guilds are using the forums at Wildstargoons, so be sure to authenticate with this link: http://auth.wildstargoons.com/

NORTH AMERICA
SPACE JAM - Exiles - RP Server ALPHA
Goon Squad - Dominion - Pergo (PvP)

EUROPE
Terrible Secret Of Space - Dominion - Hazak

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007
So if I want to be in a guild with friends I'm going to have to make my own, or is there some mechanism for sponsoring into the goon guild?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just pm a leader once you're in and they'll invite, and if you want to be officious about it there's a sponsorship thread on wildstargoons.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aww, I thought the name was going to be Space Jam Fan Club, that one was great. Oh well.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CLAMBO! posted:

So if I want to be in a guild with friends I'm going to have to make my own, or is there some mechanism for sponsoring into the goon guild?

It's being talked about offsite, but I think the initial feeling was sponsoring was OK, but they're waiting on some information on what the actual limit for guild sizes are.

Normal Adult Human posted:

Which guild goes where edition:

All three guilds are using the forums at Wildstargoons, so be sure to authenticate with this link: http://auth.wildstargoons.com/

NORTH AMERICA
SPACE JAM - Exiles - RP Server ALPHA
Goon Squad - Dominion - Pergo (PvP)

EUROPE
Terrible Secret Of Space - Dominion - Hazak

I think the PvE server name is Evindra.

Leaders are maxmaps, doublestep, and hitbutton respectively.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 23, 2014

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I thought we were waiting on an automated way to sponser people in?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Iron Tusk posted:

It's being talked about offsite, but I think the initial feeling was sponsoring was OK, but they're waiting on some information on what the actual limit for guild sizes are.

"Sponsoring is ok, if your sponsoree is a tool you get the boot too, also if the guild gets full sponsorees get kicked after inactive people"

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

WarLocke posted:

It's an indicator of my OG Nerd cred. :drat:

e: Oh poo poo, top of page, need content... Anyone else really like the Mordesh? I love that they're basically Night Elves that got hosed up, and the guys stand around looking like Gru out of Despicable Me and pissed at the world. I think their emotes/animations are the second best, right behind the Chua.

The Mordesh stealth animation is the worst. "Ah gently caress, my knee, my hip" <lurch> <stumble>

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

Rhymenoserous posted:

Internal polling has revealed this is what everyone wants

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007

WarLocke posted:

"Sponsoring is ok, if your sponsoree is a tool you get the boot too, also if the guild gets full sponsorees get kicked after inactive people"

We have like 15 people coming over from WoW / League and only 3-4 of them are goons, I can vouch that none of them are shitheads, but is that going to be too much ya think? Just trying to figure out what we should do here.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CLAMBO! posted:

We have like 15 people coming over from WoW / League and only 3-4 of them are goons, I can vouch that none of them are shitheads, but is that going to be too much ya think? Just trying to figure out what we should do here.

http://wildstargoons.com/forums/index.php?threads/sponsoring.47/#post-931

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CLAMBO! posted:

Yeah idunno, it was half a joke at some other 'serious' goon gaming guilds, I think just a general 'sponsoring dudes is okay, just try not to sponsor a douche' is probably enough but I'm not any of the bosses so whatever.

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing
In case you have any doubts that the RP server is going to be hilarious...

http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jfizzoid posted:

In case you have any doubts that the RP server is going to be hilarious...

http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/

Ha, of course she's got to be bi.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
The problem with the RP server is that I'll be able to see these people, and then I won't be able to kill them.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

CLAMBO! posted:

We are sorting out an automated sponsor system to integrate into the auth but for now the more the merrier I believe is the mentality. Would all these people want forums accounts?

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Thoom posted:

The problem with the RP server is that I'll be able to see these people, and then I won't be able to kill them.

How are you going to continue the ERP session if you just kill them? Use your words, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

All of these people rp the same character?

• Locked thread