Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
Since it's the top of a new page I'll add some pictures of the Eldar army I am having painted for my wife!

Sulecrist posted:

Hey, I LOVE your podcast. It's essentially what brought me back to this game after years away.

Glad you like it! Thanks for the compliment.

Btw - we are giving away a Forge World Iron Father on our Facebook page if you haven't looked....

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Man I wish I could get my hands on some Russes cheap just to be able to do that. :arghfist::(
Or just some neat Infantry/Tank combo FOCs.

Trawl eBay for rescue jobs and weather the poo poo out of them.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Let's do some real talk for a minute...

So I've started buying my DKoK army, with a full platoon and 12 Russes in the mail, as well as designs for a Baneblade, a Hydra, some Chimeras, etc...

I've been made to feel really guilty for going into heavy mech for a traditionally footslogging army. The DKoK fluff really doesn't suit what I plan to build...

How horrible would it look, and how stupid would I feel (if DKoK gets an update) - if I painted my DKoK army as Armageddon Steel Legion?

There are noticeable differences, the lack of goggles, the length of the coat, the helmet... And I don't want to do a deep conversion on all of the models, but it seems like this could give me a cool and unique army. But would it look right? Would I just hate myself for not painting them as Krieg?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Pierre, would you mind adding one more video to the SPEHSS MARIENS section of the OP? I made a sixth one pretty recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wo6aue5SPU

DO IT TO IT posted:

For some reason I can't stand the MWG batrep videos. Or any of their videos, really. Those guys are not funny at all but they try so hard to be. Strikingscorpion82 is awesome though simply for the great presentation.
You just said it right there - they're trying way too hard to be funny. I can't stand them, and I'm generally a pretty positive dude. The "banter batreps" that I've seen are usually one guy trying REALLY hard to be funny while the other guy occasionally smirks or fakes a laugh and some 12 year olds in the background gawk at the camera.

Also this thread has no pictures of anyone's models so I'll just dump a few:

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Tuxedo Jack posted:

So I've started buying my DKoK army, with a full platoon and 12 Russes in the mail, as well as designs for a Baneblade, a Hydra, some Chimeras, etc...

I've been made to feel really guilty for going into heavy mech for a traditionally footslogging army. The DKoK fluff really doesn't suit what I plan to build...

How horrible would it look, and how stupid would I feel (if DKoK gets an update) - if I painted my DKoK army as Armageddon Steel Legion?

There are noticeable differences, the lack of goggles, the length of the coat, the helmet... And I don't want to do a deep conversion on all of the models, but it seems like this could give me a cool and unique army. But would it look right? Would I just hate myself for not painting them as Krieg?
It would look fine, but seriously, they are your plastic space barbies. I'm sure the DKoK has a tank battalion or four, and regardless, no one would really give a poo poo.

There is some really old fluff, by the way, of Krieg tankers - some Greater Daemon rips open a Russ, and the Commander calmly empties his pistol into the ammo storage, blowing them all to hell. It's rad as gently caress.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Tuxedo Jack posted:

That would just be coming full circle honestly:

They'd look cool in the Steel Legion color scheme. You'd be fine.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
There's actually a DKoK armored company list in one of the IA books so I don't think it would be out of place at all to run a DKoK army with a ton of tanks.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Best way to find out is grab a guy and paint him up Steel Legion and see how he looks. Post it here, and we'll let you know what we think.

Mind you, I'm a fan of custom chapters/regiments/craftworlds etc. In your place I'd come up with a name and a color scheme I like and just go to work. I'd rather run the Storm Eagles, Void Knights, or 13th Arcadia Guard than any number of Ultramarines or Valhallans.

But that's just me. :shrug: If you want a book regiment, the best thing to do is experiment. And if you're not sure, experiment then post here.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ghetto wormhole posted:

There's actually a DKoK armored company list in one of the IA books so I don't think it would be out of place at all to run a DKoK army with a ton of tanks.

Pretty sure DKoK runs with a lot of tanks and artillery in IA12

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Ghost Hand posted:

Since it's the top of a new page I'll add some picturse of the Eldar army I am having painted for my wife!

Holy poo poo, those look nice!

All I have to share is another lovely phone photo of my recently completed Carnifex Brood with LOBSTER CLAWS:

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Jack posted:

No one cares about how you paint your models more than you. If you think it'll look good, go for it. If it bothers you too much, don't. No one here can tell you if you'll hate yourself or not...

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Barrage was changed so you can't fire inside your minimum range if you're firing indirectly. You can still fire within minimum range if you're firing directly though.

So those manticore missiles actually ARE insane now!

Destroyer weapons do D3 wounds/HP on a 2-5 to wound and D6+6 on a 6 to wound, no saves allowed on a 6. All saves allowed on a 2-5(are there any D weapons with worse than AP2?) and no wounds on a 1.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 23, 2014

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
So basically the new edition is just a FAQ with some minor changes and the psychic phase thing? I dont think I'll ever get back into the game as long as the random assault distance thing exists.

R!
Nov 9, 2007
The Ghost of Pixels Past
In the leaked psychic power cards, invisibility's effect was to only permit snap shots to target the unit. Is there any phrasing in the blast, barrage or template rules that would still let them target an invisible unit or is it really intended as complete immunity to all such weapons? (I am asking since such weapons were not permitted to fire snap shots in 6th)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

FrickenMoron posted:

So basically the new edition is just a FAQ with some minor changes and the psychic phase thing? I dont think I'll ever get back into the game as long as the random assault distance thing exists.

It's basically a bunch of tweaks, the psychic phase, 8 new terrain datasheets, a really neat new changing objective system, new missions, and improved writing and organization of the rules. It's not a big rewrite of the rules like 6th was but besides Smash getting nerfed everything about it seems pretty good. Well everything besides having to buy a new rulebook after 2 years. If they released the standalone rulebook for like $25-30 I'm sure it'd be very well received.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 23, 2014

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

ghetto wormhole posted:

Barrage was changed so you can't fire inside your minimum range if you're firing indirectly. You can still fire within minimum range if you're firing directly though.

Isn't this how it was before? Honestly can't remember.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DO IT TO IT posted:

Isn't this how it was before? Honestly can't remember.

That's how it was in 5th I think but they changed it to be the other way around in 6th.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

SRM posted:

That would just be coming full circle honestly:

They'd look cool in the Steel Legion color scheme. You'd be fine.

This essentially convinced me to do it, in that paint scheme as well. It's kind of a mix of the two, so I won't feel awful running them as both from time to time.

Thanks everyone for your input.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tuxedo Jack posted:

There are DKoK armoured companies.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

FrickenMoron posted:

Even if the charge was roll 3D6 pick two, it wouldn't be so terrible.

But instead we get: Measures unit to be 8" away, rolls snake eyes. "gently caress!"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

On the topic of MWG, I actually wanted to make a stupid as hell video of all the awkward footage they capture of dudes just shaking dice in their hands. I think I could probably cut a 5 minute video of that poo poo.

That's a sexy Avatar. The whole army looks great but that Avatar is the bomb.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Inquisitor rolling in a Chimera with Asterion Moloc and Sternguard :getin:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SRM posted:

Also this thread has no pictures of anyone's models so I'll just dump a few:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Indolent Bastard posted:

Even if the charge was roll 3D6 pick two, it wouldn't be so terrible.

But instead we get: Measures unit to be 8" away, rolls snake eyes. "gently caress!"

Here's how I house rule it atm, you can charge 2D6 or choose to charge 6", but you must choose which before rolling.

Works fine for us.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Pyrolocutus posted:

Exactly.

In 8e, the Horus Heresy will be known as The War of Imperial Aggression, for starters.

Since there's no Confederate faction (Orks?) then that must mean all fluff will be written from a Tau perspective rather than an Imperial one.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

They gave fortifications hull points. Of course they did.

And they fixed the discrepancy between buildings and vehicles so melta/haywire/armorbane work against buildings now.

Fix fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 23, 2014

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Moola posted:

Here's how I house rule it atm, you can charge 2D6 or choose to charge 6", but you must choose which before rolling.

Works fine for us.

So, you never ever fail a 6" charge, and have the chance for better?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

ijyt posted:

Trawl eBay for rescue jobs and weather the poo poo out of them.

Something which I've tried but Ebay sellers always seem to be the highest shipping cost to Sweden that they're capable off which makes it never really worth the effort in many cases.
I keep getting somewhat jealous whenever I hear Ghost Hand and the others on IC talk about deal they make at various game store sales and such because that just isn't a thing here except possibly in the major cities which tend to have decent gaming stores. Even if they never do that kind of thing best to my knowledge.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Those Mentors are tight. How'd you get that white?

LordLobo
Dec 12, 2003

Not
gonna
take it
anymore
If you have the new book, please confirm:

So the new Psychic Phase:

- Each side generates d6+[total mastery levels] dice
- If you're casting, you spend at least X dice plus however many more you want to to cast, roll the dice and get a total
- Deny the Witch has to roll greater than that number

correct?

Then do double-6's by the caster cause 'perils of the warp'?
Do double-6's also make the spell un-deniable?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Gate posted:

So, you never ever fail a 6" charge, and have the chance for better?

Oh I don't play assault armies, because I don't hate myself.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

Those Mentors are tight. How'd you get that white?

Pretty sure he was born that way.

:downsrim:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Something which I've tried but Ebay sellers always seem to be the highest shipping cost to Sweden that they're capable off which makes it never really worth the effort in many cases.
I keep getting somewhat jealous whenever I hear Ghost Hand and the others on IC talk about deal they make at various game store sales and such because that just isn't a thing here except possibly in the major cities which tend to have decent gaming stores. Even if they never do that kind of thing best to my knowledge.

That sucks, that area of Europe seems to have the worst shipping costs, even before overzealous eBayer shipping fees.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

For whoever has the book: what are the new missions? I know the first 2 because they were in one of those images, but 4-6 I don't. New missions are the most interesting thing about this book to me because god drat were those other 6 getting super boring.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

So it's cool to use my normal C'Tan as a Transcendant C'tan now right? Now that Lord of War is in the game, with what I can see no restrictions...

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

ijyt posted:

That sucks, that area of Europe seems to have the worst shipping costs, even before overzealous eBayer shipping fees.

Kinda yeah, even the costs shipping from the UK are kinda hefty when it comes to ebay.
And using Swedish Ebay doesn't garner much luck either since the few tanks that come up there get hiked up in price rather decently because they are somewhat rare.

Or I just need to be more daring with my bidding but then again it's hard at times to justify bidding high for a tank and risk at making it cost more than just buying one of a store or something.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Hollismason posted:

So it's cool to use my normal C'Tan as a Transcendant C'tan now right? Now that Lord of War is in the game, with what I can see no restrictions...

I assume so, yeah. Though that might be the kind of thing you want to check with your opponent first.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

LordLobo posted:

If you have the new book, please confirm:

So the new Psychic Phase:

- Each side generates d6+[total mastery levels] dice
- If you're casting, you spend at least X dice plus however many more you want to to cast, roll the dice and get a total
- Deny the Witch has to roll greater than that number

correct?

Then do double-6's by the caster cause 'perils of the warp'?
Do double-6's also make the spell un-deniable?

Yeah, when it's your turn you roll a single D6. Both sides get that many dice in their pool, plus one for every mastery level in your army. Then when you want to cast, you declare your target, pull out as many dice from your pool as you want, and roll them. For every 4+ you roll, you get a Warp Charge. If you have enough Warp Charges for the level of the spell, it goes off. If you didn't get enough Warp Charges, it fails. If you roll 2 or more 6's it passes.

Deny the witch cancels out one warp charge for every 6 rolled. +1 on that roll for psykers, psykers with higher mastery, and adamantium will. If you deny them equal to or more warp charges than they successfully harness (so if you deny 2 out of 3 or 2 out of 4), the psychic power is nullified.

Note that now you can Deny the Witch on abilities that are not targeting you. You just don't get those bonuses to the roll (so always on a 6). So yes, you can deny them their blessings.

Also, you cannot cast psychic abilities on a unit in a transport. Even if you are doing it to your own from inside. You can only cast witchfire from inside, and only through a fire point.

edit: Nope, I'm wrong about the meaning of Harness there. You have to wipe out all of their Warp Charges to DTW.

Fix fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 23, 2014

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Fix posted:

Yeah, when it's your turn you roll a single D6. Both sides get that many dice in their pool, plus one for every mastery level in your army. Then when you want to cast, you declare your target, pull out as many dice from your pool as you want, and roll them. For every 4+ you roll, you get a Warp Charge. If you have enough Warp Charges for the level of the spell, it goes off. If you didn't get enough Warp Charges, it fails. If you roll 2 or more 6's it passes.

Deny the witch cancels out one warp charge for every 6 rolled. +1 on that roll for psykers, psykers with higher mastery, and adamantium will. If you deny them equal to or more warp charges than they successfully harness (so if you deny 2 out of 3 or 2 out of 4), the psychic power is nullified.

Note that now you can Deny the Witch on abilities that are not targeting you. You just don't get those bonuses to the roll (so always on a 6). So yes, you can deny them their blessings.

Also, you cannot cast psychic abilities on a unit in a transport. Even if you are doing it to your own from inside. You can only cast witchfire from inside, and only through a fire point.

Psychic Phase sounds fun as Hell. Very different from what I am used to (I have never played Fantasy though I hear it has some similarities).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I'm a pretty old SW player, if you want I can do a proper writeup for the OP. A writeup befitting space vikings :colbert:

• Locked thread