Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hollismason posted:

So it's cool to use my normal C'Tan as a Transcendant C'tan now right? Now that Lord of War is in the game, with what I can see no restrictions...

Is a Tran C'tan worth the $67.05 I can get one for on eBay? Serious question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Gate posted:

So, you never ever fail a 6" charge, and have the chance for better?

Oh wait I misread this.

Yes that's how we play it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SRM posted:

Those Mentors are tight. How'd you get that white?

Thanks. I started with a white undercoat, then shaded with thin Shadow grey, tidied up with Space Wolves grey, then mixerd in white until I was doing pure white. All very thin layers. It was a bit of an arseache. I'm actually working on trying to do the same sort of thing with the new paints and it looks like Drakenhoff would shade it okay. I also have an oil paint I want to try due to the lack of clean-up. I'll post up if my results are a success.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Apparently if you have Scout and Infiltrate , you can Infiltrate then make a Scout Move. That's kind of neat.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

DJ Dizzy posted:

I'm a pretty old SW player, if you want I can do a proper writeup for the OP. A writeup befitting space vikings :colbert:

Correctly anatomically modeled, brother?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Apparently if you have Scout and Infiltrate , you can Infiltrate then make a Scout Move. That's kind of neat.

You could do this in 6th, too.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I don't think Infiltrate conferred to Vehicles in 6th edition. Only scout. I may be wrong. Anyway Dedicated transports now gain Infiltrate and Scout. I don't know if that is a change.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Moola posted:

Here's how I house rule it atm, you can charge 2D6 or choose to charge 6", but you must choose which before rolling.

Works fine for us.

Any other house rules?

Specifically dealing with assaulting from reserves?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

New Strike Forces out.

£190 £45 saving not including the new Captain.

£175 £41.50 saving.

Also a bunch of paint sets that have funky boxart and save you about a quid or two.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 23, 2014

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
so, do quad guns now snapshoot and ground targets?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yes, it no longer confers the ability to fire at full BS at ground target.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Cooked Auto posted:

Kinda yeah, even the costs shipping from the UK are kinda hefty when it comes to ebay.
And using Swedish Ebay doesn't garner much luck either since the few tanks that come up there get hiked up in price rather decently because they are somewhat rare.

Or I just need to be more daring with my bidding but then again it's hard at times to justify bidding high for a tank and risk at making it cost more than just buying one of a store or something.

If you're looking for plain old LRBTs I've got a bunch I'll sell you for $20 each plus shipping. It's what I bought them for. I'm in the US but I won't charge you more than the actual cost.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I see they have fixed the rules about assaulting and shooting between rooms in a multi-part building by just excluding them, so that's pretty fantastic. :thumbsup:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Fix posted:

I see they have fixed the rules about assaulting and shooting between rooms in a multi-part building by just excluding them, so that's pretty fantastic. :thumbsup:

Could you expand on that? I'm not familiar with it.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I wonder if the Psychic phase really takes longer or just feels that way. I play a lot of Eldar and having them go "Alright, I cast this power with this guy...now I re-roll thanks to my artifact...now you deny the witch...now I do wounds and you do saves. Now for his SECOND power..." multiple times in each phase certainly wasn't fast, but it was peppered through the other stuff so it felt lighter.

Now it takes more mastery levels to do less, so the end result may be faster overall.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ijyt posted:

Could you expand on that? I'm not familiar with it.

It used to be that you could shoot into an adjacent room and assault the unit in there. You would remove casualties and retreat into the room from which you came unless you wiped them out. Now you just treat each room as individual transport models, but there's no firing ports between rooms or anything, and you can't assault like that. So now, you wipe out a unit in one room (by shooting flamethrowers in through the fire points, though it seems like they might have taken out the rules where you could chuck grenades into a building), gain access via the door, and then just stand there looking at the unit in the next room over but unable to do anything to them.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Questions!

Conjuration:
Do they score (battle forged bonus too then?)
Do they (conjugated daemon units) get one free icon/instrument/champion upgrade?

Psykers:
So if I roll only two dice to manifest, get boxcars (6 & 6) I perils but I pass?
...Even if it's WC3 power?
...Even if they rolled one or two Deny the Witch of a 6?
So we do get a Primarus if we roll all powers on the lore?
Do Chaos Psykers 'marked-X' or 'Daemon of-X' get X's Primarus for free? (Never saw actual proof of these)

Allies:
Are the 'Desperate' and 'Come the Apocalypse' still scoring? Do the troops still get Objective Secured?
Is the 12" distance only in the deployment, then just the 'one eye open' check if within 6"?

Assault:
Move Though Cover now ignores the problem with -2" on assault, what about Initiative penalty?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

ghetto wormhole posted:

If you're looking for plain old LRBTs I've got a bunch I'll sell you for $20 each plus shipping. It's what I bought them for. I'm in the US but I won't charge you more than the actual cost.

Hmm, interesting. Toss me an email at cookedauto at gmail dot com with a total price estimate including shipping to Sweden and you might just have yourself a deal.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

SRM posted:

Also this thread has no pictures of anyone's models so I'll just dump a few:

And to think, I said when I started this (terrible) hobby that I'd never, under any circumstances, paint Eldar :magical:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Questions!

Conjuration:
Do they score (battle forged bonus too then?) yes
Do they (conjugated daemon units) get one free icon/instrument/champion upgrade? Yes

Psykers:
So if I roll only two dice to manifest, get boxcars (6 & 6) I perils but I pass? Yes
...Even if it's WC3 power? You pass, but you can't afford that WC3, so no.
...Even if they rolled one or two Deny the Witch of a 6? They'd have to roll 2.
So we do get a Primarus if we roll all powers on the lore? Yes?
Do Chaos Psykers 'marked-X' or 'Daemon of-X' get X's Primarus for free? (Never saw actual proof of these) Yes!

Allies:
Are the 'Desperate' and 'Come the Apocalypse' still scoring? Do the troops still get Objective Secured? It seems so?
Is the 12" distance only in the deployment, then just the 'one eye open' check if within 6"? Yes.

Assault:
Move Though Cover now ignores the problem with -2" on assault, what about Initiative penalty?

Move Through Cover posted:

A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule rolls an extra D6 when rolling to move through difficult terrain and is not slowed by charging through difficult terrain. In most circumstances, this will mean that , when moving, the unit rolls 3d6 and picks the highest roll. Furthermore, a model with the Move Through Cover special rule automatically passes Dangerous Terrain tests.

It does not appear that there is any change to the initiative penalty.

Fix fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 23, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Indolent Bastard posted:

Any other house rules?

Specifically dealing with assaulting from reserves?

Haven't really come up with anything solid or elegant yet.

That's mainly because none of us put assault units in reserves. Probably because it sucks!

If anyone wanted to try some deep striking assault units or something, I'd probably just say assaulting from reserves is A-ok! I feel like overwatch more than balances it out.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

New FOC is a lot of loving fun to mess around with. Sure you gotta take two troops but who cares, cause of that battleforged special ability.

Also, the whole Daemon summoning thing is literally limited by your pocket book. Even a dedicated army summoning massive amounts runs above a 1000 dollars on turn 3 or more unless you don't want to have choices.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hollismason posted:

New FOC is a lot of loving fun to mess around with. Sure you gotta take two troops but who cares, cause of that battleforged special ability.

Also, the whole Daemon summoning thing is literally limited by your pocket book. Even a dedicated army summoning massive amounts runs above a 1000 dollars on turn 3 or more unless you don't want to have choices.

I've been thinking about re-skinned Daemons. Like use those Cult Assassins as Imperial Daemonettes and the like. Might be a bit cheaper than pure Daemons because I can re-purpose a lot of Fantasy minis that I already have. Dwarves as Nurgle Squat stand-ins, anyone?

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 23, 2014

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I've always loved the look of wraith models for eldar and loved the fluff. Now that my 13,000 points of imperial troops are painted and based, I've got more imperial stuff coming.

When they're done I'm looking at that Iyanden supplement. Is it any good? Those melee wraith guard... Yum.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
If you're going to plan on summoning daemons as an Eldar player, and you're not using squads of Epic scale Avatars to represent these daemons, then you hosed up.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to summon Harlequins and Banshees as daemons. For no reason other than to simply get to play with them.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Lord Twisted posted:

I've always loved the look of wraith models for eldar and loved the fluff. Now that my 13,000 points of imperial troops are painted and based, I've got more imperial stuff coming.

When they're done I'm looking at that Iyanden supplement. Is it any good? Those melee wraith guard... Yum.

Iyanden is pretty good if you want an army that's made up entirely of Wraith* units because you can take them as HQs and it has some Wraith-oriented relics. If you're going the Wraithwhatever right, you'd do fine using it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
So I dunno if this got posted in the old thread, but I saw this:

Some guy on Dakka said
"*cough* Plastic Flashgits *cough* Looted Wagon *cough* Plastic Meganobs *cough* Plastic Warboss *cough* and more. They'll be shown next week. *cough*"

No clue if he's speculating, making poo poo up, or actually knows anything, but something to think about.

Also Sykic, your Eldar are lovely. I'd put gloss on the black visors and that's literally the only criticism I have for them.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

koreban posted:

No way that poo poo's worth $100/year for a membership though. I tried their free week thing and cancelled after 2 days.

Don't forget that if you want to pay monthly, well, that costs twice as much.

Also, Pierre, the OP still says there are four special types of Space Marines, presumably as a relic from when Black Templars were special.

ChrisAsmadi fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 23, 2014

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SRM posted:

So I dunno if this got posted in the old thread, but I saw this:

Brutal but(te) kummin'? :monocle:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

SRM posted:

Also Sykic, your Eldar are lovely. I'd put gloss on the black visors and that's literally the only criticism I have for them.

Thanks. I keep telling myself to do that but I have this nightmare scenario stuck in my head where it'll all frost up and ruin the model :downs:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I will be really disappointed if Orks are not super powerful. I'm really hoping they'll be on at least par with the Astra army that got some good poo poo.

Orks need it they've not gotten a codex in what 5 years?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I would love it if orks were the most powerful codex forever because they're just so trollish and nonserious that they'd be the perfect antidote to all the :reject: players who come up with noble backstories for their space elves or viking furries or rapist nazi soldiers.

Of course even as I type this I'm realizing that if they actually were the best, one would quickly grow to hate them as a deluge of neckbeards descended on game tables with unpainted min-maxed ork armies.

In any case it will never happen precisely because they're not power-armored mary sues.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I've been working on upgrading my transport capability. For the price of a third of the capacity of battlefoam or what have you I got something that is solid, lockable, and carries everything I need. Still working on the foam cutouts, have about half of my army to go but when it's done it should be able to carry about 3500-4000 points.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

JerryLee posted:

I would love it if orks were the most powerful codex forever because they're just so trollish and nonserious that they'd be the perfect antidote to all the :reject: players who come up with noble backstories for their space elves or viking furries or rapist nazi soldiers.

I can relate to the feeling, the in reality all the salty powergamers would just move to Orks and tell you all about their amazing Ork tribe that is super pals with Draigo and visits him in the Warp and they totally have their own ork batle barge that is the strongest ever.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fix posted:

It does not appear that there is any change to the initiative penalty.

quote:

A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule rolls an extra D6 when rolling to move through difficult terrain and is not slowed by charging through difficult terrain.

But initiative is the speed or order in which you strike in close combat. Ergo, vis-a-vis not being slowed by charging through terrain, you can strike at the same initiative order!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

LordAba posted:

But initiative is the speed or order in which you strike in close combat. Ergo, vis-a-vis not being slowed by charging through terrain, you can strike at the same initiative order!

Hey, dick, you know that's not the case (I'm sorry if you're being facetious :ohdear:)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

LordAba posted:

I'm sure this isn't serious, but just in case there needs to be any clarification here, there is a bolded part in the section called Charging Through Difficult Terrain that reads:

quote:

if at least one model in the charging unit moved through difficult terrain as part of its charge move, all of the unit's models must attack at Initiative step 1 regardless of other Initiative modifiers, even if the charging unit is not slowed by difficult terrain.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Orks are one of my favourite armies to play against and I hope they kick arse. I'm an old enough hand to remember when they were a poorly-supported old-codex army (whatever people say about them now, they have excellent plastic models across most of their range) and it was a massive improvement to the game in my eyes. When I play my IG I love to see an ork or tyranid horde across the table, the game looks really good. Been tempted to start an ork army many times, but honestly I don't think I have the right mindset for non-standard individual vehicles etc.

Gonna paint all day tomorrow and bust out the eldar on sunday! Test the new psychic phase and jink rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

Also this thread has no pictures of anyone's models so I'll just dump a few:

:black101:

• Locked thread