Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ChrisAsmadi posted:

On another note, does anyone have any blogs or youtube channels that are worth reading/watching, especially for battle reports? I've been watching the StrikingScorpion82 apocalypse games today and they're reasonably good (overuse of gratuitous camera pans aside).

Some people enjoy MiniWarGaming Battle reports. They tend to be pretty bad at the game though and show A LOT of dice rolls (if you're into that) also the folks playing the games like to mug for camera time.

They have a channel on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/miniwargaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Horus will be renamed Morris.

gently caress, sorry. I got too used to the 7e thread and I'm poo poo posting again. Last time I swear.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

On the topic of MWG, I actually wanted to make a stupid as hell video of all the awkward footage they capture of dudes just shaking dice in their hands. I think I could probably cut a 5 minute video of that poo poo.

That's a sexy Avatar. The whole army looks great but that Avatar is the bomb.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hollismason posted:

So it's cool to use my normal C'Tan as a Transcendant C'tan now right? Now that Lord of War is in the game, with what I can see no restrictions...

Is a Tran C'tan worth the $67.05 I can get one for on eBay? Serious question.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I loving love this bad-rear end Chaplain right here. :swoon:

Also that OSL on that Librarians palm is giving me ideas on what to do with a Necron Lord I converted to have a similar (but inferior) out stretched hand pose.

Good poo poo.

Edit: gently caress WHY DO I KEEP GETTING TOP OF THE PAGE. :argh:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I've decided that this needs to be quoted on at least one more page.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

The funny thing is the mullet and vest. The less funny is that that army would probably be about 500 points in WHFB by now. Number of models in an 'average' game has multiplied in both 40k and Fantasy.

In a few years when Warhammer 40,000 13th Edition drops everyone will be playing Apocalypse like it aint no thang.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Moola posted:

Hey, you are me.

Right down to the scaring off my partner bit.

Fuggin 'wargamers'.

Whatever. I like gaming and I loathe other people’s drama, and I find that mixed gaming groups tend to have way more drama than male-only groups and that drama tends to make gaming groups explode, which is why I’ve run so many unfinished campaigns. The drama really gets in the way of the gaming. In fact, I’ve been getting way more into wargaming and getting away from RPGs just because there’s so much less drama with the almost entirely male wargaming scene.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

These are pretty loving sweet, guys. Lemme tell you.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is that vomit magnetized?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Haven't the rules for 40K always been a suggested guideline for how you and your fellow warham buddies should play? I mean, if you don't like certain elements of the rules, just discuss it with your opponent and play with what rules you like.

So if you want to remove some elements of randomness you're well within your right as a terrible person playing a terrible game full of terrible people in doing so.

The only situation where rules are required to be strictly followed would of course be tournaments, but it's pretty clear GW doesn't design their games with tournaments in mind anymore (if they ever did).

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's a lovely shade of green. It really makes the librarian stand out.

And Lord Of Texas, I agree with most everything you said. I was generally just shooting the poo poo about the topic you guys were discussing because I need a distraction at work.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Uh you guy? Hello? You are all forgetting that GW "playtested" this edition of 40k before release. So all the rules are EXACTLY how they should be.

:colbert:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm actually surprised at the accuracy of the description for Necromunda at the end of that article.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

Here have a Stompa:

I just want to say that I think Stompas and Gargants are awesome as gently caress but a lot of them having huge belly guns that actually look like dick cannons is loving ridiculous.

Pleasantly surprised that the Morkanaut/Gorkanaut don't have dick cannons.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Looks like a big buzz saw on his right arm, but yeah all those tools probably makes him a Mekboy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Slimnoid posted:

Pirate ork army. Hook hands, striped pants, bandannas, the works. All the vehicles are just pirate ships with wheels. Bikes are jet skis. The warboss has a hat the size of a Nob. Killa kans? Giant barrels of ale.

This is clearly the best idea I've ever had.

So basically Ork Freebooterz?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AgentF posted:

Australians, what's the cheapest way to get a 7E rulebook? I probably won't buy one but I'm curious anyway.

:filez:

I'm kidding, I'm not Australian and I have no idea.

Don't probate me. :ohdear:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So what's the tournament scene like for 40k? Are there any cool tournament videos online? Any websites that help organize or keep track of tournament results? Is it mostly small groups of hams getting together and calling themselves a "tournament scene" or are there yearly events that gather grognards from all around to find out who is the best general in the grim dark future of the 41st millennium?

Seriously asking.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo that White SS Knight :wtc:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I don't see it, just a Knight painted white.

Totenkopf

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 1, 2014

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

JerryLee posted:

The death's head is used by a lot more people than just the SS, though. I wouldn't have known that that particular one was the one used by the SS until after I clicked your condescending link.

But yeah, that's pretty vile now that it's in context.

I just wanted to Google that for everyone, Mr. Sensitive!

edit: Fixed the link

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. Yes, historically "SS" has stood for the Schutzstaffel but for all we know, the reason his Storm Talons have an "SS" emblem could be because his marines are from the "Supercharged Silverados" Chapter. It doesn't mean this guy's a complete racist and hates jews or whatever.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

My favorite part about those Nazi Astartes is that they're White Scars. Which are basically a bunch of speed freak space mongols.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That Ork Bike is so boss. Can't imagine it being very comfortable or easy to ride though but I don't think that was the goal of the design.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's rad so far!

Those side sponsons always look so ridiculous to me. WE NEED MORE BOLTERS.

Pretty Orkish of Astartes.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bolt Guns eject taint and fire righteous fury. End of discussion.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Two Feet From Bread posted:

I will be selling it all for 50% off MSRP for a total of $4,862.10*.
Are there any takers for the bulk lot?

:newlol: I look forward to your SA Mart posting on Monday.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

He admitted to being a hypocritical person in his eBay purchase and even has intentions of making the models less silly so I don't see what the issue is. It's not like he posted the models and proceeded to be a grognard about them.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Whatever guys, I sold over 3000pts of poorly painted and metal 2nd Ed Eldar for a bunch of :420: :350: when I was 19.

Half of it didn't even belong to me.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Squifferific posted:

What do you guys use for transporting your space barbies? I'm messing around on the KR Multicase site, and $180+ seems too steep for me.

KR Multicase Kaiser 4. :homebrew:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cataphract posted:

So this picture of a "Slaaneshi" Wraithknight appeared a couple days ago on the GW:Bondi (a suburb in Sydney's East) Facebook page.

this kinda poo poo is bad enough when it's being made by internet denizens... but when its being made by a flipping GW store manager and then posted on one of the company's FB pages?

Did you tell this guy how dumb this is? I hope you told this guy how dumb this is.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hey guys, KR Multicase threw a bunch of used stuff they need to unload onto eBay. Worth checking if you're looking for something to carry your space barbies in.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/the-kr-multicase-shop/_i.html?rt=nc&_pgn=1&_ipg=48

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh my god, it's the same poo poo (nearly) every Codex release.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yeah, I don't really get it. I know it's pointless to bitch about people bitching because yeah, why not just go to another thread about something else right? Thing is I don't really read other forums or go to 40K forums on other sites. This is pretty much the only forum where I read anything 40K related and every time a new Codex is released it's the same loving thing over and over and over again.

The only time it wasn't was the last Imperial Guard Codex but that got over taken by all the bitching about 7th Ed.

Maybe it's because I don't play the game enough to care but if I was as consistently annoyed and pissed off at GW like a lot of you are, I'd loving quit this stupid hobby and quit it fast. I cannot for the life of me understand why most of you keep playing this game and buying GW products if it angers and upsets you this much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're not justified in your various complaints. I just want to see you guys get the sweet release you need by abandoning that which used to provide you with pleasure but is now only filling your life with endless pain and torture.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That is awesome work. I love Ork conversions and you goons who play and convert Orks are like a whole other breed of Warhams (the good kind). Looking forward to seeing your Morkanaut when it's complete and painted.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Bottom line: it's hard to tell sometimes, because it depends on how you paint. Airbrushes are great for basecoats, thin crisp layers, highlights, and blending. Brushes are better for textures, details, fancy designs, and lots of control. I use both because frankly some things are easier with a brush and others better with an airbrush. Some painters just really push one of the unique areas, which makes it easier to spot.

I know this is from a page back but I don't know what you're talking about here. It's incredibly easy to tell what was airbrushed and what was painted. Not just in your examples but in general. Even the one where you didn't actually know which it was is pretty obviously airbrushed. Maybe I just have some crazy eye for it or something. :confused:

edit: not the best bit to have quoted but you guys get what I'm saying.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 12, 2014

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This poo poo right here.

edit: Your cyber squats are cool too.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This would be a prime time for GW to release a new C'tan model that isn't the Deceiver, Nightbringer or the Transcendent.

Which will probably mean no new C'tan model in 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It would have been way more badass if that Space Wolf sled was pulled by polar bears.

• Locked thread