Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Here's hoping Shadow in the Warp gets modified to fit with the new rules. I actually really like current Tyranids and have been doing okay with them with my stupid Regen and Adrenal Glands on every single monster list. Sure, the book isn't very creative/imaginative but I've at least had fun with this list I made.

e: I'm pretty sure Dominion still functions? It'll still be in effect at the start of your next turn when all the synapse checks happen. I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

For some reason I can't stand the MWG batrep videos. Or any of their videos, really. Those guys are not funny at all but they try so hard to be. Strikingscorpion82 is awesome though simply for the great presentation.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

ghetto wormhole posted:

Barrage was changed so you can't fire inside your minimum range if you're firing indirectly. You can still fire within minimum range if you're firing directly though.

Isn't this how it was before? Honestly can't remember.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

For whoever has the book: what are the new missions? I know the first 2 because they were in one of those images, but 4-6 I don't. New missions are the most interesting thing about this book to me because god drat were those other 6 getting super boring.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Hollismason posted:

So it's cool to use my normal C'Tan as a Transcendant C'tan now right? Now that Lord of War is in the game, with what I can see no restrictions...

I assume so, yeah. Though that might be the kind of thing you want to check with your opponent first.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

ijyt posted:

Don't know, I just never see them in anyone's list unless it's Skyblight.

I use them, but don't play Skyblight. I just make a big stupid line of them across my deployment and use them as meatshields until they die. It's silly how many times people will spend their entire turn 1 just gunning down 15 unupgraded gargoyles and not even looking at the more important stuff.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

People are telling me that Troops confer the Objective Secured rule to the dedicated transport that they're riding in. Has anyone found this in the rulebook and can give me a page number? I've looked under transports, objective secured, and scoring objectives and see it nowhere.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Lungboy posted:

I think it's more that transports have the same type as the unit they are bought for, so a dedicated Rhino will be a troop unit in its own right.

Ahh poo poo right, I hadn't even realized this.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Played my first game of 7th, 1850 Tyranids vs. a friend's Eldar. Game mode was Contact Lost and I'm glad about that, because the objective cards were the only thing that really gave me a chance. It ended in a draw 10-10. Then again, we messed up and tallied/drew objectives at the end/start of each game turn, instead of player turn. If we had done that right I probably would have lost horribly by Turn 3. It was a blood bath though. By the end, all I had left was a Flyrant with 1 wound remaining, 1 Carnifex, and a Harpy. All he had left was a Wraithknight, 1 War Walker, and 3 little jetbikes. I've never killed the Avatar or his 2 Wave Serpents before ever, so I was happy that I at least accomplished that.

The only horribly unbalanced thing was really the Psychic Phase. With his 6 Warlocks and 1 Farseer, he easily denied pretty much anything I attempted to cast while I completely failed to deny anything he cast. Fortune can eat allll the dicks. We never saw much crazy poo poo happening from Perils, even though he Periled 4 times during the game. Ghosthelms pretty much negated Perils from ever being consequential. My Flyrant suffered 1 wound from Perils but regenerated it anyway.

I was amused because he complained the entire time about how "he can't even hurt" my Flyrant while it was shooting the hell out of everything it looked at, even though he didn't even bother to try killing it. On the very last turn, when he finally bothered to shoot at it, he almost killed it. Pretty sure he went out and bought a Crimson Hunter today, haha.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I love that Mek. Totally putting him on a 40mm base and calling him a Big Mek. He looks too big for that infantry base anyway.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I'm not experienced in Forgeworld stuff, can someone tell me what book I need for the Dreadmob rules?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

So Kans now have their little morale rule, and Stompas give Fearless to all models within 6". If I have Kans near a Stompa do I not have to pay any attention to their new morale rule?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Nope, the only way to mitigate it is to have a Deff Dread nearby. Stompas and Naughts don't help.

Well that's silly. My Dreads are (hopefully) up in CC, not hanging around the Kans. I guess at least they pass it on a 3+ by default or whatever.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

KFF used to be a cover save. In the new book it's an invuln save.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

WhiteWolf123 posted:

It's made by frontlinegaming. I've got the same gaming mat. It looks and plays great.

Yeah, I have the grassy plains one myself and am very happy with it. I know people who have the city one and the tundra one and we use them all the time.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Pacheeco posted:

Just be like me and always forget about it (along with Soulfire, Warpflame, Fear and HoW) and then write it down on a white board in huge capital letters and still forget to roll it.

When I play my Tyranids, I keep a piece of paper with Regen, HoW, and Fear written on it in all caps. Before 7th I also had to write Spells and Smash on it as well. I would still forget to do Fear and use spells all the time.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

At least if The Swarmlord was a Lord of War, they'd probably make him a little better. Right? Right?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I found Hammerheads useful in every Tau match I've played, but I always give them ion cannons for versatility. Although if you like using Longstrike (like me), a rail Hammerhead can be pretty reliable. I tend to leave the rails to the Broadsides, though. I know they're not as good as missile Broadsides, but I think the missile ones look stupid. Also if they're part of that formation, rail ones work fine.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

S.J. posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhh, flying circus huh

when did the newest chaos books come out?

Chaos Space Marines came out near the end of 2012. It was the first 6th edition codex. Daemons came out in early 2013.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Ratflinger posted:

All right, I have just finished painting my first Tau model and the remainder of my stuff should arrive next week. I am not quite sure what I should try and round things up with, and could use some input.

Currently I have:
1 Cadre Fire blade
1 Ethereal
36 Fire warriors
3 Crisis Suits
2 Riptides
10 Pathfinders
3 Broadsides

It is a bit short of the 1500 points I was aiming for, and I am considering either some Kroots or a Hammerhead, perhaps a Devilfish. I guess an Aegis would not be bad either. Suggestions would be appreciated. Currently I am pretty scared of heavy armour. Could also post some pictures tomorrow in case anyone is interested in seeing amateur paint jobs.

I'm a fan of the Sun Shark Bomber, and wholly believe that it's underrated. So if you're at all considering a flyer, there's always that. With all those Fire Warriors, a Devilfish or 2 couldn't hurt though. I've pretty much never had a Devilfish perform poorly.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

raverrn posted:

Sun Shark got nerfed in 7th - The Drones can only snapfire at ground targets now.

Even if they disembark on the first 6" of the Bomber's move?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

raverrn posted:

They have Skyfire. They do it all the time. :/

I had no clue that Interceptor no longer allows Skyfire stuff to shoot at ground targets at full BS. Ouch.

Am I understanding this right that right now there is literally no way to fire the Interceptor Drones' Ion Rifles in blast mode? You can't shoot blasts at flyers and you can't snap shoot blasts. I really hope that gets FAQed or I'm missing something. Super lame.

The first time I ever fielded a Sun Shark, I immediately disembarked the Interceptor Drones and unloaded into the back of a full health Annihilation Barge, blowing it up. At the same time, the bomber itself blew away a res orb Necron Lord. It really saved my rear end and I've used them ever since. Pretty depressing.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Does Strikedown apply to super-heavy walkers' shooting attacks, or just to their melee attacks? The brb just says that all super-heavy walkers have the rule. I was always under the impression that Strikedown was a melee rule but it actually doesn't specify.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Does this mean Wolves are next, presumably?

More than likely. Even if I would personally like it better if GW pulled a big fake-out and actually did Blood Angels next.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

If I'm remembering correctly (and I'm too lazy to reach over and check), pretty much the very first line in one of those books that comes with the 7th edition rulebook is something like "At its heart, Warhammer 40k is about collecting Citadel miniatures." I think it then goes on to say that the converting, painting, and gaming are merely side secondary effects.

Anyway, I've been working on a Deff Dread for a Bad Moons walker mob army as a side project and it's coming along nicely. I've been using that Duncan Rhodes video that GW put out for the Morkanaut as my painting guide and even though I'm hardly a good painter and often don't like painting, it's been going smoothly and is looking pretty good. No pics yet since it's not even remotely close to done, but I'll post it when it gets eventually finished.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

He could just use the Chaos dozer blades. Aren't they just Heresy-era dozer blades anyway?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Springfield Fatts posted:

Hey guys am I too late for the ork scratch build circle jerk? Just a quick update that my dollar store warbuggy experiement was a success. poo poo's slapped together and primed.

Just need to find a driver for the middle one. Three bucks + some plasticard and Dakkajet bitz ain't too bad.

Those look awesome! I'm especially loving the one on the far right.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Anyone know a third party who sells the apocalyptic blast template? I usually buy from Miniature Market but they don't seem to carry it, and there aren't any on ebay that I can see.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Crisis suits are Str 5 so even they only fail on a 6, like every other high Str model out there. I have no clue what the point of helfrost is.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

In 7th edition did they remove the rule where only half your army is allowed to start in reserves? I can't find it in the new rulebook.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Hollismason posted:

For the fellow Chaos Space Marine Players, someone came up with this and I played it a few times , changed it a bit but it's actually really good and expensive. Chaos Space Marines don't get a lot of love but kind of got a mini death star.

It's

Ahriman
Chaos Sorcerer w/ Term Armour, Spell Familiar , Choosing Sanctic to fish for GOI
3 Obliterators

If you allied you could take another CSM sorcerer

Anyway

It has a 3++ if you get Sanctic and it has Gate of Infinity, plus Ahriman can choose Telepathy and fire off 3 Psychic Shrieks. Ahriman Also get's the Free Tzeentch thing but has to roll but he may get Bolt of Change or whatever and there's a chance he'll get Invisibility which makes it even harder to kill. Plus he has a ST8 Force Weapon if you cast Hammerhand.

I made it with Typhus and it was fun.

I liked it a lot and CSM doesn't get a "death" star unit really.

Nice! I'm going to send this to a fellow CSM player I know. He has the Ahriman model and has never actually used it as Ahriman, I think.

And I guess to contribute, Bill Murray once winked at me in a Santa Fe hotel.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I actually like the way Space Wolves look, I know some people don't but I like them Aesthetically way more than Dark Angels and normal marines.

Also, the models I've seen have been really dynamic, so that's kick rear end as well.

I'm one of those people who don't like the Space Wolves aesthetic but yeah, the models they're showing for this release have me excited to see new Blood Angels soon.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Hollismason posted:

They really need a new "motiff" or something for Blood Angels, I just find the current stuff boring. However Mephiston is still incredible.

If we're just talking models, I think the Death Company look amazing.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, I like the Greek stuff more as well. I'll say this the sculpts lately just from my unexpert opinion other than shoebox flyer have been really good. So I'm excited to see the new Space Wolves stuff.

Agreed with you and Improbable Lobster on this for sure. The greek motif is my favorite part of the Blood Angels and I wish they had more models that utilize it.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Nichol posted:

I'm down to share as long as they don't get the DC dred's sweet infinite attacks rule.

I'm very excited for new blood angels. There are no rumours yet hey? I suspect we will get centurions, an honour guard kit, and a new flier (maybe just storm eagle rules) :(

I really want a Thunderhawk without the £400 pricetag but that is a pipe dream. I'd also like a fast tank that is actually a threat to anything bigger than meq but that also seems unlikely.

I highly doubt Blood Angels will get Centurions. Same with a new flyer, seeing as the Stormraven with special missiles has always been a Blood Angels thing. Maybe we'll get access to Stormtalons though? Unsure.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I like Chosen because you can run a small 5-man squad all with Plasma Guns, even on the champion.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Yeah, I can't believe this is a Thing that people are having trouble with. Or is everyone on the internet who's talking about it just joking? I can't tell.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

God drat, that looks so awesome.

What kit are his legs and shoulder pads from?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Not a viking posted:

Wolfcutter chariot, ho!

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Boon posted:

- Swords in the year 40,000
- Swords that are actually just chainsaws in the year 40,000
- Machines that run because...
- loving everything

This is the stupidest thing? Are you sure? No, because it's awesome and the most Warhammer 40k thing that they could have done.

Stupid is a good thing in Warhammer 40k.

• Locked thread