Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
So how long do I have to wait if I want just the new rules and not the rehashed fluff books? Are we assuming the revised starter kit will come with a mini rulebook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

The word of the day is "summonstar" according to dakka. Dude's army is all Herald of Tzeentch and pink horror spam with three soulgrinders:

quote:

Total Cost = 1995

Total Power Dice = 39 + D6

Total Summon Daemon Spells = 15
Total Number of Times Heralds get to roll on chart = 27
Total Number of Times Pink Horrors Roll on Chart = 6

Number of Times you can cast a Level 3 Spell with 6 dice = 6 Times

Cursed Earth gives the Soulgrinders 4+ save, Tzeentch let's the reroll 1s.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Hollismason posted:

Yeah that's my post. I play a lot of games on Vassal at work. I changed it though to having 4 Soul Grndrs once I figured out how to properly do FOCs. I was fun and fluffy but there's no real world way to play it without A. Designing or substituting your own daemons B. Spending more than 1000 dollars on the army to have access to all the Daemons. It's functionally limited by how much money you have.
12 Bloodcrushers

Haha holy poo poo, I totally didn't look at the user name. I love seeing how far the rules will bend. Keep it up!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

AndyElusive posted:

Whatever. I like gaming and I loathe other people’s drama, and I find that mixed gaming groups tend to have way more drama than male-only groups and that drama tends to make gaming groups explode, which is why I’ve run so many unfinished campaigns. The drama really gets in the way of the gaming. In fact, I’ve been getting way more into wargaming and getting away from RPGs just because there’s so much less drama with the almost entirely male wargaming scene.

Everyone deserves to see this in its original glory. Way worse with the opening lines.

Terrible hobby, terrible people, etc.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Sykic posted:

The most shocking thing about all of this is that Australia actually gets it cheaper than the UK.

I think I need to sit down.

Truly an act of cunning brutality (or is it brutal cunning?)

e: vvv Zog me... that's bootiful.

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 27, 2014

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Squifferific posted:

a token (black) wizard

Do you mean jet black or African American?

Part of me wants to start my dream "eldar with modified dark eldar models" army with a shitload of psykers riding bikes, but then part of me likes money and hates this hobby. I just think a swooping hawks / warp spider / jetseer army would be fun as hell now.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

PeterWeller posted:

Ha. But seriously, maneuver and positioning are how battles have been won throughout time. That's part of the reason why random movement irks so many. But a game where your units' combat effectiveness is a set value, but their ability to get into combat is dependent on a number of factors in and out of your control could be really neat. It'd be like Hams meets worker placement meets Backgammon.

This would be really cool, and it would be neat to see a game based around this. I've decided that the only time I like randomness in 40k is when models are dying in horrible ways (deep striking into a rock and getting instantly gibbed, whiffing all your attacks then getting murdered by guardsmen with bayonettes, etc.) Making regular movement random in 40k would be more slow and irksome than anything. I agree with you about the modifiers system being a superior way of introducing tactics to the movement phase.

e: Also, gently caress random psychic powers (except weirdboyz).

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Hollismason posted:

I wish there was a game club where I live (Chicago) , so that I could meet a cute boy and play Warhammer and make out.

Or whatever.

Please post this on dakka then crosspost all the PMs you get.

e: hot drat, speaking of dakka: this old chestnut is currently on their front page and needs to go in the OP.

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 3, 2014

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Do a GK counts as CSM like WOM did, or is it CSM counts as GK?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Beerdeer posted:

What do I NEED to add, besides rhinos?

Use these for counts-as plaguebearers.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

37bux.png

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

krursk posted:

As for the Shokk Attack Gun I really hate the whacky effects that kick me in the balls most of the time and it's one good effect often scatters onto nothing.

I don't think you "get" orks.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Dat spirit stone cleavage, tho...

It is bizarre to me that people seem to totally forget about gravity when it comes to drawing or modeling breasts. Boobs aren't just cones that stick out horizontally and totally disobey the laws of physics.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

HiveCommander posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh wow.
The best part is how glaringly obvious said GW manager has never seen a pair of breasts in-the-flesh. Ironically enough, if he's the type of creepy nerd to convert tits on a model then he more than likely has a pair of chesticles of his own that he should be able to draw inspiration from.

Warhammer 40k 7th Edition - if moobs don't do it, boobs don't either.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Big Willy Style posted:

It should be good to spray directly but just give it a squirt on the underside just to be sure

This is good dating advice, too.

Sorry, back to pricechat.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

New Space Wolf flyer rumors confirmed:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

OB_Juan posted:

From the GBS thread - but awesome:

Holy poo poo.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Those daemonhosts piss me off so much after reading Eisenhorn. They should be little MCs that gently caress things up, not wacky random comedy options. Who the gently caress would risk all their poo poo to summon something that dumb??

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Warhammer 40k: Expensive, but not out of the ordinary.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They call it bonesium, it's a soft pliable rubber-like plastic.

Are you for loving real?

No one tell Moola about this.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

reagan posted:

I'm replaying Dawn of War II and I'm really enjoying it. Are Chaos Rising and Retribution worth purchasing?

Buy the second one for the ork campaign.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I never got around to buying a 7th ed rulebook, but I feel this is likely due to the change to precision shots in 6th-->7th. RAW now it is the second, but everyone who isn't a scrunt would play the first way.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

When I was using the vindicare, the debate in my group was whether it's shooting attacks were S 4d6 or S 3+4d6. Glad to see rules for what should be a simple unit are still messy.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Lord Twisted posted:

I just don't understand how people argue these points. The old rule for turbo shot was clearly s3+4d6 as it was a sniper weapon which did 4d6 pen rather than the normal 1d6 pen.

I totally agree with you, but I played a few people at a GW store who were pretty adamant the other way. Hams being hams, I suppose.

These new rules kick butt. Time to dust off my old assassins / death cult assassins list and make it work again!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Star Man posted:

What the gently caress is this flying baby attached to the space marine librarian even supposed to be?

A cherub!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

This one looks more than OK to me :awesome:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

NTRabbit posted:

Sure, it's ok, I mean if you like medium sized weapons.

This on the other hand

:heysexy:

:vince:

Seriously though, those tanks rule. I also love the head on the Questorus knight. Cool GLaDOS / scifi vibe that stands out from the other heads in a good way.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Leo Showers posted:

Honestly I think I'm alright in using the Imperial Armour one because the GW one really sucks rear end, and not even in a fun way.

This sounds about right for everything.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

M'c'tan.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

SRM posted:

"Your kid's not gonna remember poo poo from their first 2-3 years on the planet, screw juice and unisex onesies, buy plastic/resin space barbies instead!"
- SRM, childless goon

Speaking of which, I'm trying to turn this Battlefleet Gothic fleet into diaper money (and hospital bills, gently caress.) No juice for me for a while.

panascope posted:

I'm trying to hold off on buying this book because I'm about to have a baby but this is making it really tempting.

:hf:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Cythereal posted:

In a bit of non-tabletop 40k news, it looks like Battlefleet Gothic is getting a video game adaptation: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/16/holy-ships-battlefleet-gothic-armada-announced/

Those screenshots are getting me pumped up. I'm a sucker for naval-style space combat (even though I just sold my actual BFG fleet).

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 16, 2015

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

When I think of women in Infinity I always remember the highlander in a see-through wet t-shirt and micro-mini skirt, while the male companion model is wearing a kilt below the knees and a heavy winter jacket. And they are both on snow bases.

They aren't all that bad, but yeah... (slightly :nws: because pokies)

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

It looks like that model got left in a hot car...

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

quote:

Decided I wanted to get a second army, so I stopped by my local GW store on the way home today to pick up my order. Am I doing this right?

That stack is worth more than my car.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I'd say this is a little too Red Pill for my liking but I think playing 40k automatically plants you somewhere in the beta to gamma range of males.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Boon posted:

I've never bothered to hide the Warhams when I bring a girl to my apartment, and none have been repulsed by it and most think it's pretty cool that I paint them. That said, I'm not creepy or obsessive about it and don't think it gives me some "evolutionary advantage."

Sidenote, current girlfriend wants me to paint a miniature for her but I have no idea what to paint that would represent her... any ideas?

Tasteful and appropriate.

fake edit: the other option

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

She will love you forever if you buy her this.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

panascope posted:

Reddit is so loving weird

I only use /r/warhammer to find bad content for this thread.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Necron Overlord DoWII chat:

Almost had a doppleganger group last night:

Turns out crons get pretty good when you stick together and suppress everything:

drat bloodlettters shredder our armor too fast then the GUO ate us. Forgot how fun TLS is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

drat, between this rule reboot and a new Warhammer store less than a mile from me I might have to jump back into 40k after a 4 year hiatus. Oh, plus DoW3 coming out soon.

I feel the warp overtaking me...

• Locked thread