Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
So SUPER NEAT TOY is forbidden from posting here right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Also lovely as so many open topped vehicles carry T3 and/or 5+ or worse save units. Perfect for flamers, who can shoot into you now as well as overwatch in the same loving turn.

spacegoat fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 26, 2014

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Speaking of which, are there any good home-brew 40K rulesets out there? I've got no interest in 7th but after ~20 years in the hobby I don't want to get rid of all my stuff.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Epic: Armageddon is an amazing ruleset and the community that's been keeping it alive and updated has done a fantastic job. It, BFG and Blood Bowl have (or had) great fan support that evolved the rules rather than re-wrote them. Anyone remember the leaked 6th (or was it 5th? gently caress I'm getting old) edition stuff that turned out to be completely fake, but everyone was excited about? I want something like that.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
That doesn't change that:

quote:

$37 for a single model that's not vehicle size or something is just absurd

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

:stare: , what what is wrong with her stomache

Gary Morely.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Yeah let's run off another new and enthusiastic poster because he makes bad jokes about a doll game already full of puns.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Mango Polo posted:

M'hive mind. *Tips chitin*

M'lan'tai :(

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

NTRabbit posted:

I love how you keep leaping in to white knight GW Australia when you don't have the remotest sense of what goes on here, such as how 30 to 1 is more like 2 or 3 to 1, and GW doing what you just described violates consumer laws.

He also just stops posting about it anytime someone calls him out on his bullshit like this, only to trot out the same crap the next time the topic comes up. See: the last page and a bit.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

But okay, you people are free to continue to indirectly support the company you seem to have an irrational hatred for.

I haven't bought anything GW in years. Am I allowed to complain about their lovely business practices yet? Or is this where you tell me to get out of a GW thread if I'm not buying anything?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

No more disturbing than the people with a pathological need to put the boot into GW at every opportunity, real or imagined.

Complaining when they do something lovely shouldn't need defending. Besides, I'm putting the boot in this disingenuous fuckwit, not GW.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

You're certainly allowed to complain without being actively hypocritical but then the question probably becomes 'why do you bother posting here'.

I know, but there's people who actually play and give a poo poo about the game, and people whose primary contribution seems to be various degrees of 'golly i sure do hate GW'.

Because in spite of posters like you this is a good thread and a good community. I've been playing GW games for ~25 years now and just because I disagree with their business practices and don't support them anymore doesn't mean I don't want the hobby as a whole to do well.

This "either/or" attitude you have towards anyone critical of GW is beyond pathetic.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

but the whole "GW is bumming my mum while also riggings sales allocations" conspiracy stuff is worthless.
Please show me where this has happened in this thread, and not in your and SNT's imaginations.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
I see nothing there about anyone's mum being bummed, you illiterate shitstain.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo I agree with Peter Weller. You are that loving terrible, SNT.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

You're rapidly approaching half your posts in this thread being about me, man.

Congratulations?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Boon posted:

Got some daylight pics of the Swooping Hawk test model. What are your thoughts?

I was about to say how much I love all the retro stuff in this thread lately, then realised that's still the current Swooping Hawk model.

I dig it, though. Try adding some sharper highlights, especially to the gun, and it'll pop more.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Looking forward to a literal Batwing whenever Blood Angels get redone.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

That's rough man. For what it's worth they'll get a good home.

E-mail sent.

spacegoat fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 3, 2014

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

this takes my focus away from the pain I'm in.

Do you want one of us to ask? Because Jesus Christ every post dude.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PierreTheMime posted:

Can't wait for the points increase on Pyrovores so they can sell me on something else.

GW! :argh:

Watch them bring back WSYWIG for Tyranids only, then switch fleshborers and spinefists again.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
A Commissar with a flamer is a terrifying concept. Discipline the miscreant and the five blokes standing next to him.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Because it would mean either a re-cut of the sprues or putting an extra sprue into every box.

This could "justify" the inevitable price hike.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Why does that bomber carry its ordnance on the skyward side?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Seconding the hazard stripes. They're so 2nd ed it hurts. Either that or one of those giant white "U" decals.

Or a skull.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Ghost Hand posted:

IA13 is .. and I don't say this like this often... loving phenomenal.

:raise:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Ghost Hand posted:

Pretty much this. And my opinion has been called into question based on how much I choose to spend on Warhammer in this forum and others.

Honest question, do you think this is unfair? Given what you do, let alone what you spend.

Disclaimer, I enjoy your podcast, but I am curious.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Cataphract posted:

It's nobody's business what anyone does with their money. If anyone wants to know what Dave paints charges for a project they can ask for a quote.

I agree, but my question was more about how his opinion (on GW and FW) comes into question due to his spending with them.

Eg. The one thing I don't like about his podcast is how most times that anyone is remotely critical of GW (or God forbid FW), he quashes it or tries spins it into something positive. It comes across a very shill-y, because even without a dollar figure we know Carl has dropped a LOT of money on this hobby.

I wanted to know if he thought that was fair.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
I cannot go into my preferred FLGS on Friday night, due to the funk of the Magic crowd.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Can you attach the Prime? The WD page says a single unit.

Keep in mind I haven't played 7th and haven't looked at the latest Tyranid book in a long-rear end time.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Do you still declare what ICs are attached to what units before deployment? If so, I can see this working.

You're right though, the only reason I'm even asking is because they were explicitly disallowed from doing so before.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Bahaha $63USD for one spore kit. And no, +6 spore mines don't make it a good deal.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
It better be magnetizable as all get-out otherwise that's a shitload of bits I can't use for anything laying around.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

TKIY posted:

For friendly games/environments I can't see ever assembling the Tyrannocyte as the Tyrannocyte. The Sporocyst looks better to me, and then you get a Mucleid Spore out the deal as well.

Aside from the Mucelid Spore plugged onto the underside I can't see a difference between the two models. They have the Tyrannocyte modeled with the claws open and closed, and the former looks just like the Sporocyst to me. I'd just assemble a Sporocyst and count it as whichever you feel like fielding.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Crosspostin'. Forgive the phone pics I'm just glad to have something finished.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
That's awesome, and it's awesome that you're passing your conversion skills onto him. What else has he put together?

The buck tooth warrior was a nightmare to start painting due to the shape and weird old detailing, but now he's finished I'm actually looking forward to the others. The metals on the other hand are just fun from the get go and have held up really well detail wise.

SRM, it'd be wrong if we never played a game. Seeing your collection reposted the other day is what got me to break out the brushes again. You and BuffChick are two of my biggest ham inspirations on SA, so praise from you guys both is very humbling and motivating.

Hollismason, I do, but I'm saving it for near-to-last. I've got so many little guys to paint that I'm trying to reward myself with the special bugs.

Bonus pic:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

This is my new favourite thing.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Yeah, looks like it's built off the original sculpt. They both look pretty sweet to me.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
You mean the Venom Cannon template :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
So are there alternative Battlescribe data files? The official Tyranid one is riddled with mistakes.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Thanks, this is looking better. vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

spacegoat fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 13, 2014

• Locked thread