Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
That Rhino does solve my recent problem of standard Rhino kits being bland as gently caress, at least.

...It's going to cost more than a Predator isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

The Mk8 torso and the Mk4 head and legs are the best designs. Now good luck getting the head to fit inside the Mk8 collar properly.:negative:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Studded armour sucks and beakies are the worst.

Yeah, I said it. :colbert:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

ijyt posted:

Ahahaha £50 for a ten man assault squad.

As if anyone needed another reason to never run assault marines.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

A year and a half of painting nothing and those fuckers put out Thousand Sons in plastic. I was free, I was clean!

gently caress.

If anyone's got a box of rubrics or scarab terminators on hand, could I get a list of the colours I'm going to need? I imagine most of mine are solid lumps of paint by now.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

That did the trick, thanks.

Shame about my wallet.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

If, during your movement phase, you pretend to ride an imaginary land speeder

Moola posted:

I wanna get some big marines

I love big manly space men

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I see no-one's asking the most important question: will heavy bolters be good now?

My favourite piece of poo poo weapon has to shine some day, right? :smith:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

They mentioned at Adepticon that they want to change up Leadership a bit, perhaps cribbing AoS's system were you take extra casualties for failing leadership.

We're all Tyranids now. :unsmigghh:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Big Marines are cool and good. Looking forward to the return of Draigo's Guilliman's Dirty Dozen.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is loving rad and has "lictors" written all over it

Mango Polo posted:

You know what the means.

:v:

So hey, protip for you guys. If you haven't painted in 2 years, don't start up again by painting Thousand Sons. I regret everything.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Just a combination of no longer having a steady hand and lots of detail, mainly the runes on the guns, gently caress those things. I really shouldn't be spending 8 hours on one terminator but here I am, doing exactly that. Otherwise they're great models but not the best to relearn the hobby on.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Considering it has been more than a while, I'm open to suggestions on how to make the rest of these Thousand Sons look better than this one.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Hadn't really thought about it, usually I just go with the old standby of dirt and green grass. Being Thousand Sons, I suppose a desert base would work?

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I've made a few changes to that model (a lighter blue highlight, a bit of wash on the gold, a warmer purple on the cloth) which I think look better now, now all I need to do is... step foot in a GW store for paint. God help me.

Artum posted:

How did you do the purple loin cloth? I kinda want to paint the cloth bits on my sororitas purple.

Naggaroth Night > Xereus Purple > Nuln Oil, then drybrushed inwards from the sides with Xereus Purple. I've never been good with cloth but this way's always given me decent results.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Mine used to be run by an MRA who would constantly try to push extra poo poo on you no matter what you bought, going as far as looming over the shoulders of people who're painting and playing and listing off stuff he thought they should buy. Personal space was at a premium in that place.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

They're done, they're finally done! I'm never painting Thousand Sons ever again, gently caress!

I've already replaced them with furioso dreadnought sprues, due to be fully painted sometime in early 2018 :suicide:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

It's so strange seeing someone be so poo poo-scared of Tyranids hordes. Truly 8th is the gift that keeps on giving.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Anyone ever just write off an entire army as unpaintable? You look at the models and think to yourself "No way in hell can I paint that, I'll stick to space marines" and never even try? That's been me and Tyranids since about 6 years ago, there's not a chance in hell I can paint a nid, I tried once when I was fairly new and got this abomination. Then I got thinking, gently caress it, I'm back in the hobby now, let's try something different, something crazy, something that'll give chutche2 a cupola nightmares.

Is it a great paint job? No. Is it infinitely better than I ever imagined? Absolutely. And to think I originally planned to sell off the Tyranid half of Deathstorm.

Moral of the story: Just paint.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

While I've no interest in ork infantry, the day I learn how to weather properly is the day I immediately buy some Killa Kanz and/or a Deff Dread.

Also GW are proper bastards by only putting 3 pairs of scything talons in the warrior kit. Talons are clearly the best looking option and everyone should have them :colbert:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

That looks great. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

While it's for a different model, the method still works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gevL5Rvn0Jc

The only difference is that I airbrushed screaming skull on rather than doing it by hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hey Zaphod/Sykic--either of you have an army/squad shot of your Thousand Sons I can use for an army banner for the new thread?

What you saw was every Thousand Son I have, sorry :(

• Locked thread