Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Misters of the velt! I still can't wrap my head around that fourth star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

An even number of stars looks really poo poo, so for that reason I'm super pumped for Germany to win #5 in....Russia?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Azerban posted:

An even number of stars looks really poo poo, so for that reason I'm super pumped for Germany to win #5 in....Russia?

The way things are going, Russia won't exist by then.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

El Hefe posted:

He most certainly was but that shouldn't be the motivation to play for your country imo.

He's getting a huge raise at Monaco or getting transferred to RM for $100m for his performances at the World Cup anyway, more than enough compensation.

Then FIFA shouldn't get tv money and sponsor money either, that poo poo aint a charity and people are making billions, at least the players will spend theirs on stupid poo poo instead of stashing it in a hedge fund that buys junk bonds

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Azerban posted:

It's really weird as well. They spend years trying to put stars on other peoples clothes and only when that stops working do they start obsessing about putting them on their own.

Blackstone
Feb 13, 2012

Azerban posted:

Preferably also kicking Russia out of the cup in Wolgograd.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The Mash posted:

It's really weird as well. They spend years trying to put stars on other peoples clothes and only when that stops working do they start obsessing about putting them on their own.

Really makes you think op.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Apparently Lahm has retired from the national team :wtc:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dunban posted:

It's weird waking up to this OP.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

Dunban posted:

Whoa what the heck. He's only 30.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Dunban posted:

:smith:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Man soll aufhören, wenn's am Schönsten ist. Good night, sweet prince.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Dunban posted:

Welp. At least now I can hate him 100% I guess? Idk, doesn't feel good, man

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Man, what the hell.

He's not gonna be at the Euros in 2 years that's crazy.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Time to get started on my petition to make Großkreutz the new captain of the national team..

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I has to be Neuer and it will be Neuer. Also rip Lahm, I don't know why you left but you did and now I can think you're an rear end in a top hat at all times instead of just most times, thanks

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
Guess he thinks winning the world cup can't be topped and promptly forgot about the next euro :smith:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

MuLepton posted:

Guess he thinks winning the world cup can't be topped and promptly forgot about the next euro :smith:

Kicker says that he decided to retire before the WC already. http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/nationalelf/608219/artikel_paukenschlag-lahm-tritt-aus-der-nationalelf-zurueck.html

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

I has to be Neuer and it will be Neuer. Also rip Lahm, I don't know why you left but you did and now I can think you're an rear end in a top hat at all times instead of just most times, thanks

Schweini is vice-captain, it's gonna be him.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
What the poo poo.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

ephex posted:

What the poo poo.

Imagine letting Pep ruin your beautiful World Cup winning squad.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bayern tweeted it, his retirement is official. :negative:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Healbot posted:

Bayern tweeted it, his retirement is official. :negative:

gently caress, did they mention any reason for this

this is not how you do your duty for the Vaterland Herr Lahm, you play until you die to the last ball :colbert:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
He's pulling a Magdalena Neuner I suppose, maybe not the dumbest thing to do.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

amazon.de posted:

Es ist ein unbestreitbarer Fußball-Fakt: Keine Nationalmannschaft hat in der Geschichte der Meisterschaft mehr Tore geschossen oder mehr Spiele gewonnen als Deutschland. Sie ist eine der erfolgreichsten Mannschaften der Welt mit einer langen Tradition von Bestleistungen und wird das auch 2014 in Brasilien unter Beweis stellen. Dieses Fußballtrikot für Männer ist eine Replik der Heimausrüstung und hat Cimacool® Ventilation, die dich kühl und trocken hält, wenn „Die Mannschaft" das Spielfeld zum Glühen bringt.

Bunch of american plastics

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Pep Guardiola ruins everything.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Does that mean Großkreutz is going to be his successor? :eyepop:

Honj Steak fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 18, 2014

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
IMO he's upset over being forced to play right back.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Syncopated posted:

That would be pretty dumb and I don't think Lahm is dumb.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Syncopated posted:

Lahm would be the type to give Löw an ultimatum.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

while standing on his toesa stool to stare him into the eyes

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Syncopated posted:

He supposedly made the decision to retire before the WC though, and he only switched back to RB during the tournament.

Also this would be incredibly dumb. Dude just wants to go out on high, why not.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I thought that right back thing was a joke and idg why you people are taking that post so seriously

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

advanced statsman posted:

I thought that right back thing was a joke and idg why you people are taking that post so seriously

You're in the germans men national team thread

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I blame the Swiss

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Agreed, oliwan out

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

is this a height joke

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

advanced statsman posted:

this guy knows what's up, I have no idea why he would quit the national team, he's still good and isn't broken, that I know of ?, so uhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Syncopated posted:

this guy knows what's up, I have no idea why he would quit the national team, he's still good and isn't broken, that I know of ?, so uhhh

He wouldn't be the first successful athlete that quits on a high. I mentioned Neuner earlier.

• Locked thread