Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
yeah but even punks get laid so it would end up being

stupid alpha punks telling me Blink is for poseurs and laughing at my limp mohawk of course the cute blond riot girl laughed in my face and pushed me down in the pit ill never forget this WE'LL MEET AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roger wilco
Jun 22, 2012
I love this thread. I've been into Fugazi since Repeater came out. Such a great band. Threads like this really make me happy because I feel like even though I'm much older than the average goon there's still some things we can find common ground on, like great music.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

what about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzBeuWS4LhY

wugazi

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Cullen Bojangles posted:

Steve Albini's lyrics aren't really the greatest thing to stave off feelings of loathing and depression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MLoY_zadsE

Are you trying to tell me that songs like Jordan Minnesota make you feel bad? How dare you....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuCs1aKzWiQ

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
IM OUT OF STEP WITH THE WORLD!!!!

*mouth breaths towards a hot babe then tries to push her off a balcony*

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This dipshit could've stacked pussy like euthanasia tuesday at the animal shelter if he'd learned power chords and started a hardcore band.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

pro click

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

skaboomizzy posted:

He should've gone goth or worked at an amusement park

either one would've resulted in quasi-rebellious white pussy

why would working at the amusement opark do that

Sabs.
Apr 10, 2009
should of listened to radiohead imo.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Frostwerks posted:

why would working at the amusement opark do that

Because I was a skinny geek who worked at a lovely amusement park for two summers and got flirted with constantly by chicks there to smoke weed during dad's company picnic and other park employees

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Cullen Bojangles posted:

Steve Albini's lyrics aren't really the greatest thing to stave off feelings of loathing and depression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MLoY_zadsE

Elliot Rogers would of made a perfect topic for a Big Black song.

Just perfect for a smirking little snapshot about the horrors under the surface of everyday American life.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Songs About Not loving

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

just a bad penny

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

Songs About Not loving

fuckin lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
But then he would have ended up on OKcomrad and who needs that

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
My boyfriend is obsessed with this guy now. He keeps reading Rodger's manifesto and laughing at how weird and pathetic it is. It's creepin' me out

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

My boyfriend is obsessed with this guy now. He keeps reading Rodger's manifesto and laughing at how weird and pathetic it is. It's creepin' me out
:rip:

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now

Y-Hat posted:

Songs About Not loving

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Pththya-lyi posted:

Take out "The Ramones" and replace it with "Elliot Rodgers." I think Your boyfriend is going to be one hell of a spree killer in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zffvhNrhYiM

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
123 repeater

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

has anyone pointed out that for a kid who was supposedly waging war against beautiful popular people, he sure picked some weird victims: three asians nerds, a jew chick, and an ugly chick.

That's because the moment you become a killer you instinctively target the weak and defenseless even if your goal was to strike back at the people you perceived as oppressing you. Even Chris Dorner didn't kill any actual cops

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

Songs About Not loving

d-d-drat..

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Y-Hat posted:

Songs About Not loving

Nice

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Is it weird that the song I listen to the most off Red Medicine is "Birthday Pony"? It's not even my favorite song on the album,but for some reason I find myself listening to it a lot.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Hobohemian posted:

Is it weird that the song I listen to the most off Red Medicine is "Birthday Pony"? It's not even my favorite song on the album,but for some reason I find myself listening to it a lot.

no because it is a very good song. red medicine is an awesome album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Jv9xOsteE

did fugazi ever make a bad song? I haven't heard it yet.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Medium Cool posted:

no because it is a very good song. red medicine is an awesome album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Jv9xOsteE

did fugazi ever make a bad song? I haven't heard it yet.

In on The Kill Taker was a bit weak as an album.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Hobohemian posted:

In on The Kill Taker was a bit weak as an album.

Counterpoint: Sweet and Low, 23 Beats Off, Cassavetes, Instrument, Last Chance for a Slow Dance

though I will agree overall it's probably not their best it is still full of great songs

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Medium Cool posted:

Counterpoint: Sweet and Low, 23 Beats Off, Cassavetes, Instrument, Last Chance for a Slow Dance

though I will agree overall it's probably not their best it is still full of great songs

Oh yeah, there's definitely some good songs on it; but listening to it start to finish, in comparison to their other work, it just seems lacking. I can never remember, is that the Steve Albini one or was that Steady Diet of Nothing?

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 27, 2014

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Santa Barbara banned medical marijuana dispensaries.

COINCIDENCE?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

Songs About Not loving

hahahaha

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

incredible

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!

Hobohemian posted:

Oh yeah, there's definitely some good songs on it; but listening to it start to finish, in comparison to their other work, it just seems lacking. I can never remember, is that the Steve Albini one or was that Steady Diet of Nothing?

In on the Kill Taker is probably my favorite Fugazi album. It's the one that they recorded a demo with Albini, but the official release was recorded by Don Zientara.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Which is the best set from the Live Series: A to Z? Never waded into that one, just so much available it's too overwhelming.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

whats your avatar from

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
A blunt and P-funks greatest hits would have done wonders for Elliot Rodger. Really makes u think

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
welcome back maoist pussy i missed you fwiw

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
also a family friend of mine is somehow related to ian mackaye and i stayed in his house in 2000 (2001?) in DC and went to the bush inguration protests with him and a bunch of other people...i got separated from them and ended up getting tear gassed with a bunch of anarchists, and i didn't really get a chance to talk to him not that i was into punk rock at the time. still not, but that's my story gbs, not sure why i am sharing it. it's gotta count for something.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Elliot Roger went out of his way to prove he was a waste of his daddy's sperm

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

a posting ghost posted:

welcome back maoist pussy i missed you fwiw

this thread is old as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is