Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

O/U on number of episodes of "Bad Judge" before it gets cancelled.

Bad NBC previews are the best part of watching AGT.

I like the previews for that show where lady cop lost her license and the taxi driver has to take her around to solve crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Death to kid acts.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This guy is gonna snap and kill his entire family one day.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That was the most awkward thing I've ever seen on this show.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

okay so a month later they finally aired a new episode? is it as terrible as everything else has been this season?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

blue squares posted:

okay so a month later they finally aired a new episode? is it as terrible as everything else has been this season?

You can watch everything here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasGotTalent/videos

They post the videos like 5 mins within the act airing live

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ehud posted:

You can watch everything here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasGotTalent/videos

They post the videos like 5 mins within the act airing live

Wow, excellent. Thank you.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ukelele girl sucks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I know we're supposed to hate singers but the girl who did You Got It was good.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

XboxPants posted:

Ohhhh, I wonder if that "Desmond" breaking the glass jug thing was a temperature differential trick? I really didn't have any idea before but maybe that could explain it?

The pitcher trick is known as the "Devil's pitcher" and works on the bologna bottle effect. Basically like a giant Prince Ruperts drop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-f4gokRBs

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This little piano boy(girl?) really needs a bully in their life.

edit: holy hell, this kid is a little prick

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 24, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This huge backwoods family clan is creeping me out.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

So many folksy cover bands.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

haha those two guys ruled. Give them the million dollars.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This huge backwoods family clan is creeping me out.

Yeah, every time they appear I expect their profile footage to feature clips of them piling out of the family van at the steps of some LDS building.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So whose on the docket tonight?

edit: the Bulgarian strongman looks like he wants to brutally murder Mel B for those comments. It looks like he didn't quite understand what she was talking about like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 30, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
DEATH TO SINGERS

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Ordinary tap act, interesting balancing, ordinary singer. Let something cool happen tonight.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Oh God, the quiverfulls are on tonight? Death to them too.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Prepubescent children shouldn't dance salsa.

edit: hmm your magic trick is to manipulate America? That's like the easiest goddamn thing in the world.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 30, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Neat trick but I feel like three minutes of that buildup didn't need to be there.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Having to continually emphasize "what's the compound word, the longest word, hey let me look for a second" over and over because Howie was confused completely ruined the illusion that a word was randomly chosen.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Having to continually emphasize "what's the compound word, the longest word, hey let me look for a second" over and over because Howie was confused completely ruined the illusion that a word was randomly chosen.
Also they reached in and grabbed the "seventh" piece themselves, and obviously flubbed the plant job a little bit because you could see them kinda push two pieces apart. The only real sleight-of-hand was in how unnoticably they switched their name tags.

DIE QUIVERFULS

edit: Oh good, they were terrible

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This group belongs on a flat bed at a deep south county fair and nothing more.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Family of twelve, there's only ten, thank you for not-

And there's the pandering with little kids.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This group belongs on a flat bed at a deep south county fair and nothing more.
Howie agrees with you, good for Howie

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Yeah, something definitely felt flat about the backwoods family, it felt like the song was missing an entire track or instrument or something.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

CapnAndy posted:

Howie agrees with you, good for Howie

He was right on the mark with Branson. This poo poo would sell out every week there. I can't seem then going through to next week because even though they've got a big voting base with the middle America crowd, I don't think it will be enough.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Who keeps thinking that cutting to the judges' reactions on a physical act is a good idea? Get your poo poo together AGT crew.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

This act feels like Cirque do Soleil, which is drat good for amateurs really

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So this girl is some lame has been, what the gently caress is she doing on this show?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

And now, performing an act entitled "I wish I was Taylor Swift so bad",

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

That went poorly.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Besides the flower girls, tonight has been a bust overall.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That went poorly.
I dunno, him loving up, getting pissed off, and just going RAAAAARGH gently caress THESE BLOCKS was sort of impressive in its own right.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Level Seven posted:

Besides the flower girls, tonight has been a bust overall.

I'm not personally a big fan (especially with the weird sexualized children thing) but I thought the salsa act did perform really well. And even if they weren't a technical powerhouse I still liked the jumpropers a lot.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Go home, Jerry Seinfeld, you're drunk

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

XboxPants posted:

And even if they weren't a technical powerhouse I still liked the jumpropers a lot.

Okay true, the jump roping wasn't bad, just hard to say what makes them different from other jump ropers. Still would vote them over most of the rest.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'll be damned, a singer who brought something I don't think you could have seen on American Idol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
What the hell. A singer was the best act of the night.

Bad night overall but that Come Together cover was legit good

• Locked thread