Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Valkyrie
XP 2/5, 1 adv

Noticing the other woman's flash of interest, Valkyrie nods to herself. It's a risky move - if Tamara tries to take the bunker for herself, then it will come to blows, but Valkyrie needs allies eventually.

"If it was just some backyard shelter, I wouldn't be wasting my own time, let alone yours. It's a full up operational facility. Automated defences. Armory. Medical. Not all of it is operational, but there's plenty of room. It was clearly built as a base for post-disaster recovery operations. A command center. The kind a powerful, influential organization would control."

She shrugs at Tamara. "If you're not interested in being in at the beginning, I understand. There's plenty of risk. Might be you would prefer to stick with what you have."

"If that's the case, though, I'd at least like to make an offer for that jacket. Lost mine recently."

Rolling Hot to manipulate, to try and get her to work with me regarding the bunker.
[16:45] <@Gorbash> !r 2d6+0
[16:45] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 10+0 = 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Dave

<<Beth, is the big guy stable right now? Hand him the receiver if he is, otherwise, get the hell out of there and back to the perimeter if he even looks like he's losing it.>> He pauses. <<Ammar, Ammar you there? What just happened?>>

Getting an explanation, continuing search for secondary entrance Rolling Sharp.

Result 7: Where would a door/entrance be based on what I've seen of this place so far?

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 9, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Ammar

I keep an eye on the thing, keeping the gun trained on it even as I take the receiver. "I'm all right. Some kind of Meld creature seemed to hide in the wall. I shot it, and it seems to be dead. Or it's not moving anymore." I approach cautiously.

What is it? Did these X-Alt people make Meld conscious? I'm reminded of the Meld creature that seemed to fear me so that was with Valkyrie. How would you do that anyway?

Unmless...

Unless this isn't Meld that has gotten sentient. But... people that lost their form? Are these... are these former X-Alt people? Did they change into these things. I take a step back, the neural dampener holding me from panic, but not from a a sense of dread. it makes sense doesn't it? Right? I don't know anything about these things.

Is this what's in store for me?

Handing back the Receiver I keep the gun trained on it. "I don't know what you are, if you're still alive or can even hear me. But stay where you are, and just... writhe three times if you can hear me."

If I wasn't horrified, I'd probably be embarrassed to be talking to a blob on the ground.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Witness

"Just Witness is f-fine," the radio operator grunts as one of their pockets of electronics catches on the ductwork and they have to pause- again- to free it. It's odd what circumstances will call up a memory, as Witness suddenly finds themself recalling a conversation around the coffee machine back at base, on the relative merits and comforts of home. "Home is where you can find your way around in the dark," one of the comm techs had expounded, and watching Jonathan wriggle through the ducts without apparently benefitting from Witness' headlamp, it rings true over the twenty-year gulf. Although Witness wonders somewhat bitterly what that says about themselves, since they found it relatively easy to evacuate when the alien bombardment knocked out the power, rendering the base into pitch blackness illuminated only by superheated plasma.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 13, 2014

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Jonathan, excellent questions. In order, your answers:

-What's the best way past Dave's army? I assume you mean the ones inside, since you just got past the ones outside. In which case...Vents seem pretty viable. They're larger than code, and reinforced, so they can be used as secret tunnels if need be. Gotta love family paranoia, huh?

-What should you be on the lookout for? Lots of poo poo. But I'm guessing you're thinking more what you should watch out for, than what you should search for. And if I guessed wrong, well tough cookies, I'm answering based on what I guessed. You should be on the lookout for two things: All those weird Meld things, and the continuously searching, hunting forces Dave has in here. Those are the big problems.

-Who's the most vulnerable to you? Well...If I were to be honest?

...Witness. I can't say for certain, I'm just the voiceover, but Witness seems to trust you. Seems to put a lot of faith in you, even, from where I stand. So knowing you, knowing the folks you're dealing with...Witness is the one who'd be easiest to hurt. Whether you meant to or not.

Now, you got a real plan, or just a map in your head and some objective points?

--

Jaime, if you're still all there, I assume you've gone with Jonathan and Witness? How's this bunker feeling to you, and how you doing? It's been a crazy time, and now you're presumably down in this buried place with these people.

Actually, second question, how was the tunnel trip for you? Because, I mean, that was a pretty tight tunnel, you know? So if you're there, talk to me. Tell me how it felt.

--

Valkyrie, Tamara nods along (seemingly) more politely than anything else, having gotten a grip on that little flash of genuine interest. That was pretty clearly a slip, and she doesn't seem the type to like making slips.

"You're a drat fine saleswoman, Valkyrie, I gotta say...I'm gonna want to see this bunker before I commit to anything, of course, I'm sure you understand."

She turns her attention more to her own troops, the various gang members having stopped their revelry to watch all this go down. There's a change coming, and they can feel it. But Tamara doesn't give any orders, for good or ill. She just turns back to you, once she's regarded all the bikers in her command. "I've got some poo poo to wrap, if I'm gonna be jumping in on your little crusade here, Valkyrie. So let me ask you...You gonna take a few days, get yourself all good and ready before you're calling on my help? Or are you moving on this bunker now?"

That's...That's a pretty good question, actually, Valkyrie. You're making solid progress here, so what's the timetable looking like for you?

--

Dave, good question, simple answer. Last door was about, maybe halfway through the facility going the long way. Going logically, next one's probably at the far end. Not too difficult, just a bit of a trek.

...Alternatively, do you have some breachin' charges and a rope? Any place is a way down with shaped explosives! This is in no way a call for increased chaos and unpredictability by the part of your brain that gives you bad ideas.

--

Ammar, Beth's standing with you, her own gun at the ready. "Great. Now you're talking to the alien poo poo." But she isn't about to turn her back on it, not yet...

A few seconds pass.

And a few more.

But...The blob doesn't move. I think you killed it. Or at least, knocked it out, stunned it, something like that. If it's gonna move again, it's not gonna be right away, I don't think.

Which gives you some time to figure out a new plan. Got any ideas on how to contain this thing?

--

Witness, here you are, in the bunker. Even this panic room is really rather cozy. Or at least it would've been, in its prime. This is obviously not its prime.

Jonathan seems to know what he's doing, beyond just working his way through the tunnels without any major fumbles. I mean, he's freaking out, but he looks more like someone with something resembling a plan than someone totally making it up as they go.

My take, though, is he needs a little help. Needs a little push in the right direction, some support structure. That's just my take. What do you think? And if you think I'm right...You going to try and be that supporting push, or are you gonna fall in line and let Jonathan figure it out himself?

--

Everyone... What do you do?

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jaime

Tunnels. Don't talk to Jaime about tunnels. It's all the worst parts of being alive and being dead at the same time, boxed in but sensate, unable to see or hear or think or feel because you're trapped in a tube breathing not-air can't move can't speak how long has it been who knows you're gonna die here die and be forgotten why god have you forsaken me

Point is. Jaime's a little twitchy. One bad move could set her off bad. Maybe the others can pick up on it, it's radiating from her mind like fire on dry tinder. Spreading. Making everyone nearby just that little bit more panicky, more trigger-happy. Mental gasoline.

It'd be perfect if Jaime knew about it. But she can't control it any more than she can control her own eyeballs.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Just as a heads up, I haven't forgotten this. I'm just waiting for Dareon to post, since the Witness' answer will probably influence Johnathan's next action.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Ack! :supaburn: Um, I'll get something up later today, poo poo's been hectic.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Ammar

You're mad, you're seeing things, unstable, going nuts.

The implications are pretty clear from what she's saying. And doubt is rising up.

I could be. Still...

"Who knows what was done to the people in this bunker." I retort, trying not to sound too defensive. I take out a canteen from my pack, empty it, then, covering my hand with some cloth, try to get the stuff in the canteen.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

Dave is getting frustrated. Its at times like these he tries to thing big to find a solution. And whats something that gets really big, extremely fast? And explosion. Of course he has explosives. Granted, a "Frag" these days is pretty much a pipe bomb, but there has to be something big enough between the whole gang to get through.

<<I'm sick of poking around. Who here was paying attention during witness' chemistry lesson? I want a hole blasted at a location I'm going to find and point at on the ground. I want y'all on the perimeter to give me a demo team, picks, shovels, hammers, boomers, whatever you got, in the central entryway to the bunker in 2 minutes.>> Dave is FAIRLY certain concrete prewar stuff wouldn't collapse on itself from a small blast. Also bringing more dudes to go see what the hell is going on with the big guy is probably the best way to go about this.

Meeting up in Ammar's location before heading out and looking for a breaching point

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Witness

Truthfully? Last week Witness would have been content to plant a bug on Jonathan and send him off with a pat on the back. They had sort of disconnected from the world after X-COM broke up. Obvious, right? You don't abandon your name and the entire concept of gender just on a whim. But gradually over the years, a need here or a pleading look there had pulled them back into life until the name "Witness" was sort of a bad joke. "Accomplice" may be more valid now. "Accessory." "Perpetrator." Not that they'll be switching anytime soon. Surprisingly (Or perhaps not), brand loyalty still exists out there and if Witness were to change their name, a small but devoted set of followers would probably scrounge up cans of New Coke to pelt them with.

At any rate, here and now, unencumbered by this sort of speculation, Witness gives Jonathan a pat on the back. "Are there, uh, any security measures that weren't computer-controlled? Short of, erm, short of barricading the doors, we may have a, uh, tough time keeping Dave's men from finding us. I-I can maybe bluff my way past them, but, uh, I'm n-not the best at talking. W-with people, I mean. To people, I'm great at."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Jonathan Jackson Bunker Back Entrance
Harm 3:00 (1/6), xp 1/5, 1 adv

"I, er, don't think so?" I turn back to Witness after metaphorically scratching my head considering the next move. "This bunker was designed with a lot of automation. It's supposed to protect the people inside without human intervention...I guess it's failed at that." It's supposed to be a joke, but it just comes out as bitter truth.

"But the bolt hole is pretty secure. It continues through the vents. All we have to do is climb up and...hope that we don't run into any of the friends of the MELD blob." It takes a moment, but I shove some furniture around--it's surprisingly light furniture, too--and expose a large ventilation grate. Well, it's not just for ventilation, really. I get my fingers around the edge of it, and I'm not sure if it's twenty years of neglect or the MELD in my body, but it comes off almost effortlessly. Like it wasn't screwed down to the wall at all.

"This way. I think I can get you to something you can use through here."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Valkyrie
XP 2/5, 1 adv

"A few days to get things prepared would work for me. Make sure everything is in place." Valkyrie considers the other woman. If she tries a double cross, fine. Things will get messy but Valkyrie's dealt with messy before. This won't work if she doesn't extend trust at some point.

She extends a hand. "Meet back up here in three days then?"

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Jaime, sounds like a rough spot. How are you feeling, once you get out into the once panic room? Are you feeling any better, any more relaxed and in control? Or is the space just giving you more room to let your panic spread, pushing into those around you?

--

Ammar, Beth watches as you scoop up the contents into the canteen. Lucky you, you get just about all of it into the canteen. The stuff seems to resist being separated, kind of like....

Kind of...

...I'm trying to think of a thing you might be familiar with. You ever see some of the toys American kids had, in the pre-war world? Like those little barrels of goop, bright green like it's supposed to be radioactive. The stuff would slurp and slide and move more or less like a particularly viscous liquid, but if you wanted to separate it, it'd stretch and stretch before finally breaking.

It's kind of like that. Except different in all the ways that matter at this exact moment, of course. But you get it into the canteen and seal it tight.

Which is about the point that Beth hears Dave on the radio. <<Got your rendezvous point clear.>> And she nods to you. "Looks like we're going down the old-fashioned way. You got that thing sealed up well enough, case it isn't dead?"

--

Dave, aside from Beth's confirmation, you get a couple of other affirmatives. It doesn't take long for the folks with the necessary supplies and skills to start gathering up, and by the time you get back to where Beth and Ammar are waiting, your impromptu demo team's coming in.

You've got a couple folks, but notably, there's the big man who makes a lot of those pipe bomb "frags" for your forces, Shrapnel. Ironically enough, he's managed to avoid just about any scarring, looking pristine. Dude must be lucky. "Where do you need us, boss?"

You've also got the smaller woman, Piston, with all the stuff needed to make a more controlled detonator. No sense in using a firework fuse for this one. And she's looking...Uh...Eager. Like, really eager. I think she likes this a little too much. "Just point us at the problem, we'll get a nice big hole in it."

--

Witness, Jonathan, well, looks like you two have a way through. That cover really did come off easily. Jonathan, you can see that the bolts were pretty rusty...But they were also stripped of their threading. Their lengths are just smooth(ish) now, scraped down by your yanking it out. Which could've been the rust. Or the Meld. I actually didn't answer that question at all, did I?

Anyways, you've got your bigass vent opening. Few quick questions for the two of you. One, either of you feeling Jaime's anxiety attack? Two, going straight into the vents, or gonna modify the plan some? Three, gonna ask Jaime to come with, or gonna let her stay somewhere a little less cramped?

--

Valkyrie, Tamara's almost hesitant. But she squashes it down, looks you in the eye, and shakes your hand. "Three days it is. I'll be seeing you soon, Valkyrie."

You got anything else to handle, before you head back townside? Either here, or elsewhere?

--

Now, everyone... What do you do?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Jonathan Jackson Bunker Back Entrance

I'm about to step into the ventilation system when I turn around and see Jamie...is she okay?

"Uh...Jamie?" I step away from the hole and walk to her. "Are, uh, are you okay?" Is she claustrophobic? "Uh, if you need to step back outside, you can, but...I think the computer room opens up a bit. If you think you can keep going. I won't stop you if you want to turn around though."

I'm going to seduce/manipulate (mostly manipulate) Jamie to encourage her to fight it and keep going. Rolling +Hot!
[20:34:15] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6+1
[20:34:17] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 9+1 = 10
Uh...I'd rather just keep the "give xp" option on the table and take the "act under fire" option off. Is that okay?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Witness

Jaime's what? Ohh, is that what that static is? That nagging hindbrain itch that implies Witness' brain was built compliant with Part 15 of the FCC rules? It's pumping out a constant backbeat of want that's making the radio operator twitchy.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Valkyrie
XP 2/5, 1 adv

Before she departs, Valkyrie stops and eyes the jacket one more time. "In seriousness, I would like to make an offer for the jacket. Unless you know where I can find another?"

Once she gets the answer to that question, she slips off to retrieve her bike and the blob, then heads back towards the bunker.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"Okay, we're headed down the hallways a bit. I need a shape charge pointing DOWN, not left, right, up, and most certainly not EVERYWHERE" He eyes Piston. "We're looking at I'm guessing 12 to 18 inches of concrete, so, big job, but try not to vaporize us or whatever's below us too badly. And put the drat thing on at least a 30 second timer and notify everyone when its ready to go off." Again he stares at Piston. "Any questions?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Ammar

"As far as I know it can't get through this." I say. "To be fair, that's not very far. But I'm already melded up. I'll keep it on me." I hang it from my belt, easy to keep an eye on by just looking down. "Once we get some of these scientists out, they can explain what is going on there."

When Dave shows up, I nod at him. "if you want, I go in first in the hole." I offer. "Between the smoke and my skin, if there's anyone, or anything down there to hurt us, they might not be able to see me as easily. I have..."

I move quickly over the alien alloys, knowing time is off the essence. I trust the sound of laser and plasma and the muton's roars will drown it out, just as I expect my new skin will hide me from view as I dash meters away from them, in ways that all previous training tells me is suicide. With a leap, I jump behind cover, my skin taking the weird blue/purple hue of the metal. Valkyrie's voice is in my ear. "All right, on my mark, three, two, one GO!"

I come up from behind the cover, my hearts beating rapidly from the running and the tnesion, even as my head remains cool. I see Maddog charge forward, ducking through overwatch fire, I hear the flash bang erupt on the Floaters that were moving to flank. But my attention soon goes to a pinpoint through my scope. The back of the head of the heavy Muton, so secure in his full cover. The laser sniper rifle extends and I smile.

"...experience."

I finish the sentence. Another memory flash. How long did I zone out there?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"Hokay...fine by me" Dave wasn't going to object to anything that kept the strangers guns pointed away from him.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jaime

The initial stimulus is gone, but now it is, as Witness said, a hindbrain itch, bouncing back and forth from person to person, not quite fading...

Real concern from the Inheritor. What a strange feeling. Nobody has been concerned for her in a long time. Afraid of. Worried for. But actually concerned? It is strange.

He reminds her of her purpose here. Perhaps there is some steel in him after all, beneath the fluff. "I am fine. We should go."

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Bunker -- Panic Room

Okay, Jonathan, it looks like Jaime is feeling better. Ish. Better-ish. And the Witness seems good as ever.

Which leaves me with a singular question. You're all going to the computer room, right? Any stops on the way, or straight there? Or have I misunderstood you? Either way, get moving. I'll let you know if you run into trouble.

--

Out at the gas station

Valkyrie, Tamara pauses for just a moment, thinking. "Can't say I know anywhere else to find one. As for this one...Tell you what. Ask me again after this bunker's sorted. I'll be a lot more accommodating after that's behind me."

Assuming you don't stick around any further after that, soon enough you're back to where you left Meldy. Who blurbles with relief, clearly glad to see you're unharmed. The little thing hops up into the basket on the bike, ready to head for the bunker.

You headed straight there, or making any detours?

--

Bunker -- Main chamber

Piston has the decency to look...Well, semi-embarrassed that you've actually got to clarify those things, Dave. Mind, the fact that I'm clarifying this as decency should tell you a hell of a lot. "Whatever you say."

She and Shrapnel go off to one side to convene, and figure out the best explosives for the job out of their combined bag of tricks. It takes them a few minutes, with Beth watching over them, but pretty soon they're assembling a rough plan. Nothing super fancy like a proper shaped charge, but a narrow hole gouged into the concrete they can pack with explosives, and a cover to keep all the exploding going downwards. Not exactly pretty, but it'll work.

So while they're working, and they'll be making a nice hole for you by the time you respond, let me ask you a question. Just how long did Ammar space out there on you? Was it, like, a couple seconds, or did he just vanish for a few minutes?

And everyone...

What do you do?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"Alright boys and girls, get behind something solid and cover your ears. Look above you and see if there's anything loose on the ceiling that might come crashing down if you don't move."

As far as Dave's concerned, everyone is entitled to their PTSD blankouts, but if it goes on longer than about 20 seconds, then it just becomes self-indulgant.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 6, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Heading straight back at this point.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Jonathan Jackson Bunker Panic Room

If we stop, we'll get caught by Dave's goons. Let's go!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Ammar

Ammar takes out his pistol and gets in position, as close to the explosive as he's willing to risk. Whatever is downthere, he wants to make sure to make the most of the element of surprise, and use the clouds that would happen to help mask his entrance.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jaime

Nothing stays a Chooser from Her Purpose.

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
So hey, quick question on a timing issue. I kind of went a little handwavey and vague on the exact timing of Valkyrie's gig compared to the bunker shenanigans.

So my question now becomes how long Gorbash needs to go "and then Valkyrie pedaled some more, with Meldy burbling along to whatever music the Witness might've left broadcasting" before everyone's in the same place and poo poo's happening.

Any opposition, from a continuity standpoint, of skimming a little exploration time to give Valkyrie a chance to show up?

Bunker -- Main chamber

Piston and Shrapnel get their faux shaped charge fully set up, and everyone backs away. Ammar and anyone else with legit military experience, I want to remind you just how makeshift this setup is. Will it work? Absolutely, I'm not sending you into a trap or anything. But it's an utter hack job of an approach.

Still, everyone watches, waits, and Piston hits the timer. "Thirty seconds until the fun part, folks!" she calls, grinning a little too widely. And the timer begins...

Bunker -- Shafts

MEANWHILE, you guys are in the oversized air vents. Built large, reinforced, they're just stealth tunnels that also run air through the facility if we get right down to it.

It's tight, but at least you have some room to move, Jaime. That's the good news. The bad news is you can see hints of wrongness, flickers of motion from things that shouldn't move, past the tunnel walls. The life in this place has been twisted, warped, in the time the Inheritor slumbered.

Actually, you can all hear a bit of something, too. Some weird sounds, plus the general stomping and clattering of Dave's troops...And some banging and grinding that really echoes, resonating through the structure to your location, despite being decently far away. The joys of wonky design and little quirks messing with your perception, eh?

But then, it kinda...Stops?

Oh well.

So you guys are about halfway along, maybe a little more, wheBOOOOOOM MOTHAFUCKA. What I mean to say is, yeah, if some digging at stone resonated, a loving explosion(if a small one) inside the rock is REALLY gonna resonate. All of you feel it. Like, I kind of have to ask if you stay on your feet, or if the sheer surprise of the sudden rumbling makes you go down.

Good news! The tunnel's holding, for now.

Bad news! Uh, go up past the good news. Dave just blew something the gently caress up in a way that's real bad for your continued plans. What more bad news do you want?!

---

Bunker -- Main chamber

The explosion goes off with only the most minor of hitches. The cover plate that Piston secured down wasn't secured quite well enough, somehow, and so it went flying.

Good news, it went down the direction nobody was standing anyways, so it just tore up the walls and stuck itself in a no doubt incredibly expensive old-world painting.

Also good news, the hole's opened! Little smaller than you might have planned, Dave. One person can squeeze down at a time, no dropping two guys in on ropes or anything badass like that.

But, hey. Hole's open. Dust and smoke's still decently thick. Ammar that's your cue GO GO GO GO GO

---

Outside somewhere

Valkyrie I'm gonna level with you, I have no loving idea how close you are. I know you're on a bike, I know Meldy makes a terrible conversationalist but a good listener, and I know you're headed in the right direction. But I can't say just how long it'll be until you're there.

Sorry about that.

---

Rough rough map, here's what I'm figuring. If we stick the actual city in the center, the bunker's a little bit off to one direction. Couple miles, you could jog there without too much trouble. I forget if we established a compass direction, to be entirely honest, but for the sake of argument we'll say it's upwards on this map for now.

Valkyrie's meeting spot at the gas station was perpindicular. We'll say off to the right, a pretty decent ways. Would take you a good few hours hiking. Not as far out as it could've been, given where Tamara's crew usually rides, but the timing worked out well.

Lucky for us, Valkyrie's not hiking, she's on a bike. So we can fudge the numbers a bit here, though it'll still take some time. But then, our goal is to get Gorbash contributing as soon as possible. Any thoughts on smoothing that out, folks?

Also...What Do You Do?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

There's an exceptionally long pause as the only sound is specs of debris settling and the rattling of the structure. "Well, is anyone else taking the intiative here? No? Jesus." He looks down into the hole. "Set up the rope here, and get ready to pull my rear end up and shoot whatever's chasing me." He carefully lowers himself in and turns on the flashlight.

By god I'm going to finish exploring this thing if its the last thing this game does

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Jonathan Jackson Bunker Escape Tunnels

Sorry, was waiting for other moves! Didn't want to hog anything!

There's just enough light for us to see by as we creep down the bolt hole. Just like there's just enough space for me to move my legs without stepping on my own shoes. Just enough, just enough...I was here when it was a place of plenty, and it's still hard to imagine it ever was.

"Okay, we're almost there," I call back, stopping by a ladder. "The computers we want will be on the floor directly above us. So let's get--"

KABOOM MOTHERF--

Dave! No! What are you doing?! The shockwave alone could have killed all my friends! I grab hold of the ladder just in time to stay on my feet, but it's a near thing. I can hear one of the vents behind us collapse, and a glow intensify...and I realize just what it was that was lighting our way here.

"It's the meld! We need to climb, now!"

I motion myself up to the first step on the ladder...it's kind of hard to focus with my vision blacking out at the edges! That's not all that MELD coming, is it?!

A reentry with a BANG, I see! Time to get going. Jonathan is Acting Under Fire, and thus Opening his Brain as well, to get out of the way of the Meld coming down the path.
Get out, get out! (Act Under Fire, + Open Brain): 2d6+2 9 2d6+1 13

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 9, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Valkyrie
XP 2/5, 1 adv

Valkyrie pedals along, actually enjoying the ride for once. Things are moving along nicely.

Just dropping in to say I'm still here! I don't want to rush anyone else either, enjoying reading the other bits!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jaime

"Why are you running, Inheritor?"

Jaime turns. Safety off. Click-click goes the action, power cell whines to life. "It is not a wave that comes."

The sickly light is approaching. Not as a smooth, watery motion, but in the motion of something that rolls and strides and in a misshapen way, clambers forward.

"It is a battle."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Ammar

Ammar moves quickly, pressing himself against the closest wall, gun in hand. His inhuman eyes scanning the room for any possible enemies, mechanical, human, alien or 'otherwise'

Still here

• Locked thread