Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Valkyrie
XP 4/5

Valkyrie just gives Jonathon a flat stare, holding it for a solid minute. She's disturbingly good at it.

"You have a Meld leak," she finally states without inflection. "Given what I've heard on the radio, I think the best thing for you to do is get this place to stop trying to kill us, and then explain to me as clearly and concisely as possible who the hell you are and what the hell this place is. Because unless I'm mistaken - and I'm loving not - the father of that girl is going to come back here with about forty of his thugs and strip this place to the foundation as soon as he's sure his daughter is safe."

"Or at least he thinks he's going to. What's actually going to happen is that I'm going to tell him to gently caress off. Because this place is the one I've needed for twenty years to get humanity back into the war with a winning hand. A chance to win back the world you've lost. And that need makes me the closest thing you have to a friend right now."

She finally holsters her pistol, then shrugs at Jonathon. "Or you can tell me to leave, and take your chances with Dave and his pet goons."

Extending a hand, she adds. "They call me Valkyrie."

Using Visionary. I hold 3 over Jonathan, and can spend it to have him mark experience whenever.
[23:01] <skybot> Gorbash: 12 (2d6+2=6, 4)

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Witness

What is done is, in this case, less important than what is seen. For Witness' first impression is of steampunk. As the lights kick on in recessed niches of the ceiling, they gleam off the dusty brass, glass, and mahogany that makes up the Meld tubes. A video screen mounted in an ornamental fireplace kicks on, flickering for a moment before playing a loop of a gentle fire. Bookshelves line the room, with occasional armchairs and end tables positioned by the tanks. Red velvet banners, adorned with a symbol that tugs at Witness' memory, hang periodically from the ceiling. Jaw agape, Witness steps forward, wiping the dust from a tank to peer at the nigh-opaque Meld solution and enrobed form within. A soft chime draws their attention to the nearby table, where a book reveals itself to be a decorative cover for a monitor screen and controls.

Closer investigation, however, is cut short as their radio crackles with President Dave's voice. Reluctantly, they head back out into the hallway, noting as they pass the doorway that the bookshelves only protrude an inch and a half from the wall. <Copy that, Mister President. I'll meet you there, I slipped in and found something interesting.>

Dareon fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 26, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jaime

Those eyes.... he is one of them.

The strange man who looked at Jaime and then threw her into the pit in which neither shape nor shadow can be seen.

Not only one of them, but a man of nothing but war. Without a target, he is confused. Aimless. Unsure.

Not like Jaime at all. Jaime is firm of purpose.

Dangerous. She could kill him right now- with the blinders they put on him on he'd never see it coming. Never know. Anyone with eyes could feel her intent, her fingers twitching and tightening as he stood and spoke with another thing she cannot see- a machine god built and given graven image by men who should have known better.

Twitch. Twitch.

Relax. The final thing she sees before his eyes are blinded once more; it is not yet his time.

Instead, she turns. She felt someone else in the eyes... two pairs looking at each other. One a boy she fears is much like her. The other... well... a False.

She goes to confront her Pretenders.

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Hoo boy, we've got some stuff to deal with here. But what matters is we're back! Let's get this show on the road, shall we?

Dave, Anne clings tight to you, too sore and battered from this whole mess to even bother trying to assert her independence. "Dad...Dad, I'm sorry..."

The path to the van's going to be clear, but of course, no Witness at the van. You're the first one out, but that also means you're out and exposed. Not a pleasant state to be in. What do you do?

--

Ammar, The AI pauses, and listens to what you have to say. "For that information, you'll need to come on down to the CONTROL ROOM. Just follow the dotted line, oh honored guest." And indeed, a path lights up along the floor, one that'll take you downstairs and to the control room.

Where Valkyrie and Jonathan are, not that you know that yet. And of course, the path the AI chose is going to take you right through the ruined stairwell full of leaky meld. So what do you do?

--

Valkyrie, Jonathan, everything's going...Well, not peachy, but you two seem to have it well in hand.

Then a dotted line makes its way into the room, lighted tracks in the floor turning on one-by-one, until it comes to a stop with a helpful chime and a green 'destination' icon in the center of the floor. So, you know. Could be a glitch. Or someone could be getting led down here. What do you do?

--

Witness, you've got a clear path on the way out...But let me ask you something. Did you take anything from that room, even photos? Because man, it had to have been pretty tempting, right?

Well, either way, you'll get back to the van a few minutes after Dave, but before anyone else. Question is, are you waiting for the others, or are you letting them find their own way back and getting Dave and Anne the hell out of here?

--

Jaime, you're back out of your head for a moment. The others have passed, but you have a path left in the wake of the (not so) Eyeless one. Lit up to your eyes, and floating before your eyes, you see the way to those you seek.

Of course, it's entirely possible the path your eyes see is different from the one everyone else sees, even if it takes you to the same place. So, which path will you follow, and what do you do?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Dave
4/5xp

"Its gonna be okay Annie. You just need to lie down here for a bit, I'm getting the van, and I'll be right back for you." He hands her the radio. "You know what to do if anything happens." Dave looks around for any errant turrets he might have missed and makes a dash for the vehicle. Where the hell is the backup?

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jaime

Jaime has always trusted her eyes. Ever since she found her way back out of the blackness. They're the only things in the world she can trust. That she will trust.

Everything else she ever trusted hurt.

Avoiding the Blinder Man is only a bonus.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Jonathan Jackson
Harm 3:00 (1/6), xp 2+1?/5

"Jonathan," I say instinctively, her introduction making old world habits take over. "So you're...wait, what?!"

And now they're gone.

"I...I didn't lose any wars! I've never fought in any wars! And I know the guy you're talking about and I haven't seen forty of his friends! There's two of them at best! And..."

My voice starts getting panicky.

"And I don't know what's here that would let you fight a drat war! The only thing in this place is tons and tons of Meld!" I leave out my friends, still in the tanks...and the glowing paths turn on "And I...and...what...? I didn't, why would these things turn--?"

Okay, what just happened here? Reading the sitch.
[18:41:37] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6+1
[18:41:37] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 6+1 = 7
What should I be on the lookout for?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Witness

As tempting as it is, there's not a lot that Witness could have taken. The furniture is bulky and the tables are probably fixed in place, the bookshelves are fake, decanting someone seems like a bad idea at the moment, and they don't have a camera. There are a few ornaments on the mantelpiece (a skull, a dust-obscured picture, a taxidermied ferret, a pair of bookends, and a clock), but no. All Witness takes with them is incidentally-acquired dust.

As Witness nears the entrance of the bunker, equipment in the van begins responding to the approach of its master. Or mistress. Whichever it is, there are a few more beeps and squees from the terrestrial equipment than there were, and Euterpe begins emitting a two-tone chime just at the edge of hearing. This may be the first time Dave's been around Witness' van without Witness, and almost certainly the first time he's witnessed its wake-up procedure.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Ammar

I look at the line and simply nod. On my way then. I run, following that line. I try to rein in my suspicion. There are alternative explanations. This is not a sure deal. The control room. There I'll get answers.

A door opens, and I look at a ruined stairwell, Meld and electricity making it a hazard course. Definitely a big problem for someone with human athletic ability. But I am not. I take a few seconds to take in the surroundings of the place, then step back for a bit to take a running jump. The trick isn't to jump far enough. With my altered musculature I can leap on top of four story buildings from a stand still. No, the challenge is to put in just the right amount of force so I don't slam into the ceiling.

I push off and soar through the air for a few seconds, landing at the other side. That still works at least. But who knows what will happen if the Meld there stops working.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Valkyrie
XP 4/5

Valkyrie takes Jonathon by the arm, firmly, to get his attention. "Pull it together. One of the people with Dave is... well he and I used to work together. Your AI seems to think he's one of yours, so that's probably what those lights are for. He'll listen to me though."

"As for the war, I'm talking about the war with the invaders, the aliens. They're still out there, and if you have as much Meld as you say, they're going to come looking for it too. You need friends, and right now I'm the only one on offer."

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Dave, Witness, you've got two fundamental options: Option A, wait for backup from town and for the others to get here, so you can make one solid protected run back home.

Option B, you get in the van, and get Anne back behind the safety of the wall now. Let the others hoof the couple miles themselves, regardless of what all this commotion might have attracted.

Or, you know, there could be an option I missed. If the two of you have any ideas for another way to deal with the problem, you lemme know. But right now, Anne's looking tired, sore, and a whole hell of a lot metaphorically smaller than she did this morning. So, what do you do?

--

Ammar, the Meld reacts to your presence, and tries to slither and slop its way towards you.

Lucky you Valkyrie didn't seal the door, she just closed it. It's a little sticky, but put your legs into the push and you're through the other side before the Meld even gets close. I mean, assuming you don't try to take some with you.

But if you don't, it's a relatively clean path to the control room, even without a dotted line. But the line makes it easier, and you'll get to the room just in time to see the boy in the suit and Valkyrie in the midst of their conversation.

Oh, and there's a blob of Meld that's staring at you and burbling fearfully. Don't ask me how you can tell it's fearful, because I don't know the emotional response patterns of living blobs of unspeakable alien substances.

So how's that make you feel? And what do you do?

--

Jaime, your eyes lead you to a different path. You find the service vents, oversized and reinforced to act as emergency escape...Or in your case, a secretive entrance.

It's a bit of a longer path, but a safer path. And one that, assuming you take it, leaves you in the vents, with an excellent view of the Blinded One stepping into the control room.

Or you could have followed him, if you distrust the confines of the vents. Not an easy way to go, but far more...Open. In more ways than one.

So, assuming this is where you intend to go: how did you get to the control room, and what do you do?

--

Jonathan, Valkyrie, well...Yeah. You've got Ammar stepping in. What do you think, Valk? Think you can explain the situation to Ammar in a way that'll satisfy him?

Jonathan, well, I'll just remind you that Ammar's had a gun to your head inside of the last 10, maybe 20 minutes on the far end. What you do with that information is up to you.

Also, Meldy the Meld Blob is kind of freaking the gently caress out.

What do you do?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
4/5xp

Dave gets his kid into the van. "Okay Witness, can you get us home? We can drop off Anne with the gate guard and get back ASAP. I don't want to wait around in the open out here, because things probably heard the gunfire and explosions and are coming to check this out."

Dave stares at the grey circle on his arm. "Also, The rest of your former x-com buddies are in there having some weird loving drama in there and I'm half certain this place is going to go up in a ball of flame before we can get back to properly loot it." He looks back into the van, more cluttered than usual. "Did something happen back there?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Jonathan Jackson
Harm 3:00 (1/6), xp 3/5

"So you aren't going to stun me, fill me with drugs, and vivisect me?" I say, not realizing how dumb that must sound. "Huh. I guess Dad was wrong about..."

And then Invisible Man bursts into the room.

"poo poo, poo poo poo poo! Hide me!" I immediately run to Valkyrie's side and...it's not cowering, I swear, it's, uh...covering my head from the crazy blob of Meld! What the hell is wrong with it?!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Ammar

"...and I'm the only one on offer."

That's the tail end of the conversation as I enter. She's here. And he's here. And... what is that? I have my gun trained on the weird meld creature. It'(s not the only one to be scared of my approach. The boy, Jonathan looks for Valkyrie's protection too.

Well, I am a terrorist after all, aren't I?

So, here I am in the control room, the place where I should get some answers. But depending on what those answers are, a fight with Valkyrie might follow. I'm not hidden, and not at a good range for my rifle. Not to mention she has one, potentially two allies. I consider waiting to ask these questions until she's gone, and a better moment presents itself.

I don't consider it for long. Who knows how much time I have?

"Computer." I say, with my gun on the blob and my eyes on Valkyrie. "Give me the date on the following subjects. X-Com, Central Officer Bradford, Dr. Vahlen, Dr. Shen and the oficer known as Valkyrie. (OOC: if Ammar would know Valkyrie's actual name, he'd also mention it here) Particularly their relations with your organization."

Yeah. I went there. I'm not even sure what answer I'm hoping for right now.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Valkyrie
XP 4/5

"We only do that to aliens." Valkyrie decides not to get into the gene modding and augmentation programs. Those at least were on a volunteer basis, and they skipped the stunning for recruits. Well, they'd been voluntary as long as she'd been around. She'd heard rumors since that raised uncomfortable questions, ones she hadn't had a chance to get answered. She opens her mouth to ask what happened with Anne, but the arrival of deserter cuts her short.

Valkyrie doesn't draw down on Ammar, but she puts herself squarely between him and Jonathon. The meld blob can fend for itself.

She snorts a humorless laugh at his questions to the computer. "I've got nothing to hide. Do you, Ammar?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jaime

The vents are quiet, and cramped- but there is light, so Jaime is not afraid.

Her crawling brings her by just in time to hear the False pronounce judgement.

A vague sense of mischief goes through her. From the echoing vent, she projects her voice a bit and says, "He does nothing but hide himself. Why would now be any different?"

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Alright, lords and ladies, I've still got a full post planned for when Witness posts in, but I also want to stoke the fires of drama. So a quick response from friend computer is in order.

"Searching database", the computer says. "Subjects CENTRAL OFFICER BRADFORD, OFFICER VALKYRIE not found. Subjects X-COM, Dr. Vahlen, Dr. Shen found! Allow me to explain, oh honored one.

X-COM is the enemy. They want to destroy you, kill your soldiers and cut them open to steal their secrets. Not like us. We in EXALT only want to be one with your people, to live as you do.

Doctors Vahlen and Shen are X-COM's most prized butchers and so-called scientists. They will stop at nothing to tear your people open and steal everything of value. Weapons, knowledge, even your internal organs are in danger so long as they are still alive, oh honored one."

Of course, that computer's clearly working off outdated information. Dr. Shen was killed in action in one of the final assaults on the X-COM base, and Dr. Vahlen has been MIA nearly as long.

But then, what was that name it just spoke? Exalt? X-ALT?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Jonathan Jackson

That...pretty much matches everything my dad told me about X-COM. I stop cowering.

"Wait...how do you know Dr. Vahlen?" I call to the invisible man. "You didn't...did you work for X-COM? Are you with her?!"

I suddenly take a big step back away from them, and towards the Meld blob. And then I take another step away from the Meld blob--it's wearing the drat jacket!

"Son of a..., is that what this is about?! You want to burn humanity to the ground again just to get back at the aliens?!"

Reading Ammar and Valkyrie. Tell me what I want to know...
[14:43:10] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6+1
[14:43:12] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 7+1 = 8
I hold one for future questions.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Ammar

I remain in passive to the retort. Even as I hear the other voice. Then the other voice. I look around, but see nothing where this voice comes from. Psychic tricks? Or is it just my brain starting to play tricks on me?

But then the computer gives answers. There's a mix of relief and disappointment. I did not want this to be true. Not really. But it would have explained a lot of things. It would have removed a lot of confusion. And now that I've acquired a desire for answers, I can't just walk away. X-Alt, an enemy of X-Com. What is this about? Some kind of splinter faction? I don't know where Shen and Vahlen are, or are even alive. But they clearly weren't the friends of this computer. Possibly spies in X-Com? Which of course raises the question of Valkyrie's presence here. But then, I am here too.

"I never was one for open confrontation, colonel. But glad to hear you're not hiding anything. Because I have questions."

"And I'm not with X-Com." I choose my words carefully. The support of the AI is one of the few things on my side. "This is not a thing that should be discussed here. The girl is found and healed with Meld. We should get out of here."

As Jonathan moves around, my gun swivels to follow him. "I don't want to burn anything. I told you what I want. Answers. And between you and the computer, I will have them."

I speak again. "Computer, who is currently in charge of this facility, and what is the status of X-Alt representatives inhere. Are there any currently alive."

And somewhere a thought pokes out. Perhaps their version of Vahlen who could give me more time?

I look at the panicked blob again. "And what is THAT?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jaime

"THAT is a new life being born from nothing... or perhaps just a blob." Jaime slithers out of the vent, gun casually slung across her back. As far as she can tell, there is no more danger here- just idiots. "X-Com threw me in a tank and left me to rot... then again, Inheritor, did your Illuminated Father not do the same?"

She gropes for a moment. Touches the computer after a few attempts. "So strange, to trust a machine to tell you the truth. The only thing you get from machines is the lies of whoever made them. Why not just trust the truth of your eyes? Those of you who have not been blinded."

She looks at the meld blob. "This was all inevitable. Already, we are replaced. Time ends, for us, Illuminated and X-Com alike. There is no reason to fear each other's secrets... at least, not now that I've seen behind the blinders. What more wound can we inflict upon each other than what has already been done?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Valkyrie
XP 4/5

"It just started following me," she tells Ammar, not really looking at the blob. "I have no idea what it is."

Valkyrie steps sideways, giving Jaime some space as she slithrs into the room but still trying to keep both her and Ammar in view. Her hand twitches toward her gun, but she stills it with an effort of will. "She's right. The conflict between Exalt and X-COM is over. There aren't any secrets worth keeping over that."

She very deliberately sticks her hands in her pockets, regarding the other three in the room. "Ammar, for fucks sake put the gun away. We have things we need, things we want, and not many ways to get them. This... meeting gives a chance to come to an agreement that would benefit all of us. So why don't we all sit down somewhere and try talking like human beings?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Jonathan Jackson

"Yeah, alright, sure," I call out, trying to suppress my panic and giving a glance and a nod at Jaime--at least I have some idea where she's coming from, even if she talks like someone from way before my time!--and point at the moving Meld. "Let's start with Meldy the Meld Dog here! What the heck is it, and why is it wearing XCOM labelled stuff?!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Valkyrie
XP 4/5

"You have a meld leak. In a room with exposed electrical wires. And it stole my jacket."

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Witness

"Yeah, no problem..." Witness climbs into the driver's seat and starts the van up. Something clatters to the floor as they pull away from the bunker, which must be what prompted Dave's question. "Um, nothing big. Just a raccoon."

In a slow moment, Witness eyes the arms of father and child. "Um... your arm..." They gesture vaguely at the Meld-induced changes, unsure quite how to broach the subject or mention that they heard Dave screaming from outside the bunker.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Jonathan Jackson

"That's...not...what I meant! Why is it moving? Why is it reacting to people? Who turned this stuff into a dog?!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Valkyrie
XP 4/5

"It just started following me," Valkyrie says defensively.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jaime

Jaime chuckles. "Of course it did. You are the past. It is the future."

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Dave, Witness, you're safe and sound in the van. Anne slumps a little in her seat, and soon enough, she's snoring softly. Asleep, not unconscious. Kid's been through a lot.

So assuming you're heading out now, you've got a clean path home. Of course, Dave, your wife's going to give you and Anne both hell for what happened, once she's done being relieved everyone's alright.

As for you, Witness, that raccoon is still out there somewhere. It isn't chasing you down right now or anything, but, might want to keep that thought in the back of your mind and lock the chill chest a little tighter, know what I'm saying?

And there IS the matter of father and child both having their arms mutated, you are absolutely right. That needs to be talked about at some point.

So, what do you both do?

--

Everyone else, my oh my, what a situation you've gotten yourselves into.

So, first, the computer answers Ammar's question. "Why, the man in charge is JACKSON, JAMES E., of course. All viable subjects are still in stasis."

The whole situation seems like it might be calming down. Everyone might even get out of here with no further trouble at all. Wouldn't that be nice?

There's just one little problem. The computer lights up, a map coming onto the oversized screen. "Signal detected!" the computer declares. "Alien lifeforms found at 10 kliks and closing in. Friends of yours, oh honored one? Shall we lay out the red carpet?"

Aliens. Aliens who detected this place. At 10 kliks, they're probably still just following the signals being put out from the base...But wait too long and they'll be closing in with sight ranges. Let them get close enough to spot the place, and a fight's inevitable. A fight that could easily spill into the town proper...Or if these guys have friends and family of their own, it could start a goddamned blood feud, like the war writ small.

So, everybody. What do you do?

Yalborap fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 1, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
4/5xp

Dave stares at witness. "Think of it as the most hosed up and literal sort of parent-child bonding. That being said, I think I resolved the situation in the least terrible manner possible. When we get back, can you get the earth mover and demo tools and I'll send out some of the guys to meet you? I'll rejoin y'all after I get yelled at for a bit."

He picks up Anne as the van pulls to a stop aside the gate and heads straight home with a reminder to pick up the biggest gun he has on the way back.

Dropping the kid off, handling the social situation, and then trying to find a suitable large instrument of death that a 4-harm gang might have laying around somewhere.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Jonathan Jackson

So Dad wasn't just a follower, he was in charge of this whole thing?! That explains so much...wait a minute. "Dad's still here?" I exclaim out loud. What else did that computer say...oh gods.

"And there are aliens coming?! Ah, what did you XCOM people do?!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jaime

"Died, mostly~"

Jaime lets her mouth run as she peers into the void once more. "Died, died, died. Died and failed. So here we are, dying all the time..."

She looks at the incoming... enemies? Travelers? Fools? Who knows. Well, perhaps Jaime does, now.

KPrime, 6+1 = 7 Openin' my mind

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Valkyrie
XP 4/5

"They must have picked up the signals this place has been putting out. We need to shut everything down. And in the meantime, see if we can scare them off." Valkyrie checks her pistol, then turns to Jonathon. "You have any guns stored here?"

She looks at Ammar and Jaime. "Either you feel up for a bug hunt?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Ammar

"I told you, I'm not X-Com." is my immediate reaction to Jonathan's remark. I scowl in frustration. What I WANT to do is defrost the leader of this group, take him somewhere and get all of the answers, but again and again, straight answers seem to be just behind the corner. Then something the computer says piques my curiosity.

"Computer, has X-Alt ever had any success communicating with aliens? Except for me of course." You know, I could always seek out information at the source of this. In X-Com, they told us the aliens just didn't react to any communication. But then, I clearly don't trust X-Com. Of course, actually trying to talk with them is really dangerous. But hey, I might not have that much time left anyway.

"We should leave the bunker though when we go out to meet them. Just leave things as they are. We can come back later. Get more answers."

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
So I'm feeling like we're losing some serious momentum here.

Thus, I present a possible option: We wrap the session now, do all the in-between stuff, and leave the exact fate of the computer, bunker, and aliens to be sorted out in-play. What do you all think?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I'm game for it, a little time skip would probably do us good!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Sure

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Uh, sure. Leadership roll for actually doing something with my gang vs the aliens.

<+DiceMaid-9001> 2d6+2: 13 [2d6=5,6]

-make a hard advance
-stand strong against a hard advance
and for the third, take little harm from the go aggro list, if possible. I'm guessing IC, with the advance notice we got it basically became a floor wipe.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 6, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I'm happy with a time skip as well. Just don't lose Meldy.

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Alright alright, I wanted to wait a minute to give our last players a chance to weigh in, but gently caress it. It's a majority vote, and also I can do what I want.

So, end of session is upon us! Everybody, I need you to pick a single someone who knows you better than you used to. That person gets +1 to their Hx with you. If you feel someone knows you WORSE than they used to, you can instead opt to give that person a -1. Be honest, be legit.

Once you've done that, call out who's gonna highlight your stat this time. And if anyone hit 5 XP, lemme know what advancement you're taking.

Cool? Cool. See you all when you've got your ducks all in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hah, I don't really have any "strategic" Hx to give out. So I'm going to give it to Dave. I've seen the lengths he'll go to to protect his daughter. Stat highlighting will come after everybody else has doled out Hx.

• Locked thread