Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
President Dave

Staring out of the presidential mansion (Two story house ringed with concertina wire and iron bars on the windows and a granite countercop), Dave tries pinging again. "Its important to balance paranoid dad-ism with actual respect for the person doing it, but yeah, I'm getting nervous myself."

"-Outrider 2-1, this is Outrider Actual, how copy, STATUS REPORT." Dave stares at the quiet receiver for a bit. "Okay, gently caress this." He switches channels and a shrieking squelch goes over the air waves.

quote:

"General Broadcast: Sandy Flats Warning system: Possible Missing Citizen. Be on the lookout for Anne DeSoto, 4'10", 12 years old, light blue hair, last seen in desert camoflauge armor southeast of town. Once again..."
he repeats it, cracks his nkuckles and sighs. "If nothing turns up in the next 20 minutes, I'm grabbing one of the trucks and headed out there."

quote:

NAME: Dave, the Hardholder
LOOK: Man, Family-Outing-Full-Kevlar, Paternal Face

STATS: Cool+1 Hard+2 Hot+1 Sharp+1 Weird-2

Moves

Leadership: when your gang fights for you, roll+hard. On a 10+,
hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. Over the course of the fight, spend your
hold 1 for 1 to make your gang:
• make a hard advance
• stand strong against a hard advance
• make an organized retreat
• show mercy to their defeated enemies
• fight and die to the last
On a miss, your gang turns on you or tries to hand you over to
your enemy.

Wealth: If your hold is secure and your rule unchallenged, at the
beginning of the session, roll+hard. On a 10+, you have surplus
at hand and available for the needs of the session. On a 7–9, you
have surplus, but choose 1 want. On a miss, or if your hold is
compromised or your rule contested, your hold is in want.

pre:

Republic of Sandy Flats, a Great Place to Raise a Family

Population: 75-150 souls.
Surplus: +2
Wants: Hungry, Obligation, Idle
• for gigs, a mix of hunting, crude farming, and scavenging
(surplus: 1-barter, want: hungry).
• a gang of about 40 violent people (4-harm gang medium 1-armor).
• protection tribute. Surplus: +1barter, want: +obligation.
• your gang is well-disciplined.
• your armory is sophisticated and extensive.
• for gigs, add a bustling, widely-known market commons.
Surplus: +1barter, want: +idle
• your compound is mostly tents, lean-tos and wooden walls.
McMansions and stripmalls made of plaster and chickenwire,
Your gang gets no armor bonus when fighting to defend it.
• your holding owes protection tribute. Surplus: -1barter, want:
+reprisals.

Gear:

"Requisitioned" infantry armor (A:2)
Shotgun, (3-harm close reload messy)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"Right." He wracks the slide twice, checking to see if the one ejected is slug or buck (and not bird-shot like some idiots try to load when hunting human or bigger sized prey), reloads it, and heads out.

"Hey, I need the ride" His immediate next stop is requisitioning a vehicle, If Witness' party van is unavailable, he grabs whatever else still has an engine that turns and will shift into 1st before tearing out of the gate with it.

The big scary bandito mask was great for making sure others didn't notice you were starting to cry; having a kid was equal parts wanting to hug them and strangle them at the same time.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

Ordinarily he'd scream "YES, OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR", but not wanting to cause Weirdness that might delay actually getting there, Dave instead puts the radio to his ear while staring at Witness right through the window. <Yes, I would appreciate that very much.> before opening the passenger side door and settling in to, well, shotgun.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Davie

"What in the-" Dave really doesn't have time to process the situation as the beams moving, well, at the speed of light, start arcing through the air near his head. "Jesus H! Witness! Get this thing in reverse or we're dead!" He tries to slump lower in his seat hoping the engine block will give some kind of cover. <Outrider Actual to any available units, under heavy loving LASER fire at large house 2 klicks south east of town, any available backup respond, Once again, Outrider under fire 2 klicks south east, they're lighting up the van!>

Another bolt passes right by his ear, not low enough.

Attemping go-to-ground/act under fire, +1 cool, 2 armor
!r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> 4+1 = 5
Nope

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 30, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

Dave pulls his head off the dash and reflects on the wisdom of wearing a helmet almost everywhere outside the house. "Yes, I'd love some. I need a bigger gun. A very big gun. Think, who or what do we have in town that can level a hardened emplaced weapon position?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
X-O-O-O->

"GawdDAMMIT." Dave begins ejecting the buckshot from the scatter gun one by one and pulls slugs off his bandolier. "Guess we're doing this the hard way." Jumping out of the van, he tries to remember exactly where the blind spot in the turret coverage were and begins moving from cover to cover, hoping he's slightly faster than the wonky, aged targeting mechanisms. Working his way behind and over the turrets, he moves over a broken, cracked part of their outing housing where age and the settling of the ground has opened a nice big gap. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. A dozen tungsten slugs find their way into the thinner metal around the turrets' power coupling. The final round brings forth a very satisfying shower of sparks followed by a cloud of blue smoke.

That seems to have done the trick, unfortunately a secondary detonation then levels the rest of the decaying rubble around the weapon emplacement, and with a rumble and crash, the way in is blocked off.

Dave coughs and dusts some of the cloud of wood chips, dirt, and splinters off him. "Well, poo poo, uh." hooork, spit. <Outrider Actual to all units. Uh, turrets appear to be offline, but it looks like we got a big pile of crap that now needs to move out of the way. Try to find some earth moving and demo tools along with the guns when you show. Stay alert, we have no idea what the hell else is out here. Actual Out.>

Sieze By Force to get past the turrets and gain entrance into the building.
!r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> 5+2 = 7

Inflicting Terrible Harm, and Taking Little Harm

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 1, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"Damnation, this is going to take awhile. Witness, any idea where an armored bunker might have an alternate entran-?" Dave grabs his head and foams at the mouth. Whatever part of the human brain was designed to cope with psionic bullshit his genes did not see fit to grant him it. "hurk-gght WHERE IS THAT FUCKIN' BUNKER DWELLING MOORLOCK TAKING MY DAUGHTE-*Ghglth*",He slumps down against the wall and bulls off the cloth mask and stares back in the general direction of town with a look of 'Dave is not here right now, please leave a message and we will get back to you shortly'

Read a Sitch
2d6+1
<@ChrisAsmadi> (2d6+1) == 2 3 +1 == 6
Nope

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"...well you see, it is a metaphor, the lemon is spherical and food whereas the owl produces those balls of mice bones and poo poo-hey that's great Witness-It is an example of Yin-Yang dualism and-WAIT WHAT"

Dave jumps to his feet, "That is loving fantastic, uh, I'm not sure how you know these things, but I'm going to remain cautiously hopeful. Lets see if the others have found anything." <Outrider Actual to all units, any progress on finding an entrance? STATUS REPORT. Over>

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

Seeing the chameleon man-mountain and something that looks equal parts mean, surly, and skanky stride on through the front, Dave glances over at the sounds from the van, then over to the entrance. "Hey, ah, Witness, you got this? Cause I gotta check this out. Radio me or the boys if something turns up." Dave moves to catch up with the other two casually blasting their way through automated guns.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"I'm the father of the little kid being held prisoner by some weirdo in this death trap. Seeing as we're all blasting the poo poo out its defenses, I'd like to think we're all on the same side." He looks at her. "So while I can appreciate the caution in this day and age, could you please point the scatter gun in a direction other than me?" Dave looks at the color changing mountain, thinking he's seen him taking bounties around the place, but this lady..., "Because I have someone to save right now."

(Read A Person)
2d6+1
<@ChrisAsmadi> (2d6+1) == 4 4 +1 == 9
T: K Prime: how could I get Jamie to help me get my kid out of here alive and in one piece. And also not shoot us?)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 7, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

Dave stares at the two, knowing this is the part where things have gotten weird, rapidly heading for the part where they get violent. "Hey, HEY. There is a little kid in here, and we don't have time to snarl, hiss, and get pissy. We need to act together, otherwise its going to be a long awful slog through whatever is trying to kill us. We can sort this out later; right now we need three guns and three pairs of eyes working together on clearing this structure. Follow me."

Dave cautiously stacks up on the next wall, gesturing for the others to follow, and peers around it. Clearing the place room by room he moves farther into the building. <Outrider Actual to all other units in the building, we're past the entrance, making a left and clearing something that looked like a guest room with a pink zebra rug on the wall,state your position, over>

Manipulate
2d6+1
<+DiceMaid-9001> 2d6+1: 13 [2d6=6,6]
If they follow my command, its +1exp for both of you, if they don't, its Acting Under Fire)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jun 8, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
XX000

Slamming open yet another door, Dave curses, knowing his kid is somewhere just out of reach. Its an ugly sensation, his wife knows these gut feelings a hell of a lot better than him, and all he can do is scream in frustration. "ANNE, WHERE ARE YOU? WE'RE HERE. YELL IF YOU CAN HERE ME, WE'RE COMING FOR YOU."

Openan mah brain.
http://orokos.com/roll/200363 not quite.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
2/5xp
For a moment, Dave is silent, and just drools a bit. And then he slaps away Jamie's hands and runs full tilt down the hallway. "ANNE, ANNE, OVER HERE. Don't TOUCH her you loving creep!" Dave charges after the huge color shifting dude and is right behind him. He points the shotgun at the guy holding her kid. "Anne, I'm here, stay calm, me and this big guy here are gonna get you out."

Dave glances to her boot, where he taught her to keep her extra knife. "Remember your A.B.C's, Anny; Arteries, Balls, Chest."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 15, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
3/5 xp

He lowers the shotgun so its only pointing at Jonathan's feet instead of center mass. "Okay, start talking and let my kid go. Anne, come over to me, watch your arm sweetie."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 16, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
3/5xp

Dave looks at his kid running toward him, looks at the bizarre eye-gently caress dance the other two start, and then the big guy rush both of them. He picks Anne up over his shoulder and hauls rear end out of the room. <VALKYRIE WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU>

He puts his kid down and tells her. "Aunt Valerie is somewhere around here, radio her and meet up with her. I've got this weird situation to take care of and I'll be right back. Do you understand, Anne?" Dave presses his comm unit into her uninjured hand and takes cover in the door way, shotgun pointed in a direction where it can fire at anyone in the room if needed.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 16, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
3/5

"Okay...now that this looks like its being sorted out, can we please get some first aid on my daughter's arm? Where's the medical supplies?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"Yah, I dunno, seems like it'd be a waste to waste him, but whatever. C'mon Anny, lets take a look at that." Dave tries to de-escalate the situation but well, that isn't the most important thing right now.

Failure to Manipulate

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
3/5xp

"What the hell is meld?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
4/5xp

"You're right, and I need to make it soon, goddamn alien loving psionic horseshi-" Dave's eyes glaze over as the brain haze comes over him again. Its like opening your eyes while immersed in a sewage pond, impossible to see in, grotesque, and every atom of your body screaming to get out. How the hell do these ex-Xcom goons live with this all the drat time?

"Gurrgh, gently caress it, its kept this kid alive all this time, it must be doing something right" Dave washes his hands and forearms off with whatever antiseptic there is, and opens a container of the bizarre alien material. "There is no way I'm using this on my daughter without seeing what it does first." And with that, Dave wads up his dust mask, bites down on it, pulls a flare from his emergency kit, lights it, and jams onto the top of the forearm. After a few seconds of sizzling and muted screaming he tosses it into a sink and extinguishes it.

"Heh. Hah. gently caress. Okay, Now lets see what this poo poo does." Dave stares at the ooze as he applies it to the cauterized hole in his arm.

(Attempt to open brain for insight, but failed. http://orokos.com/roll/201907 Lets do this. :black101: :science:)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 20, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
4/5xp

Despite having your formal education abruptly terminated in the 11th grade, life never stops throwing you chances to learn. Staring at the grey blotch in his arm, Dave thinks that, all things considered, this was a reasonable facsimile of the scientific method. "So...hypothesis confirmed?" He looks up, everyone else reeling in various states of shock. "Aw c'mon, don't tell me that hurt you more than it hur-ANNE"

He picks up his daughter, places her on the table and checks for a pulse. "What the hell-ANNE, ANNIE, can you hear me? gently caress-gently caress-gently caress. Okay, decision time. She'll probably freak more if we wait for her to come to." Dave pokes the blob of meld in his own arm experimentally. He removes what clothing and armor is left on his kid's arm. Taking advantage of her unconscious state, he cleans her burn, breathes deeply, and applies a new container of the stuff to the injured flesh and the immediate area around.

"I just hope this gives her the chance to never forgive me for this."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 21, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
4/5xp

"...oh thank gently caress." He carefully picks her up in both hands. "Anne, Annie? Its me, you're going to be okay, we're going to go home now, just rest and we'll be back soon." He looks around at everyone else, suddenly absorbed in their own little dramas. "Hey uh, I need to get back." Dave radios out a message as he goes to leave the bunker. <Outrider Actual to all units. Anne's been found. Thank Christ. I'm heading back now. Main team head to the following location and set up a perimeter, we got ourselves a bunker to deal with, outside defenses disabled for now. Witness, will be back at your van shortly, out.>

Headed back to the van.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
4/5xp

"Its gonna be okay Annie. You just need to lie down here for a bit, I'm getting the van, and I'll be right back for you." He hands her the radio. "You know what to do if anything happens." Dave looks around for any errant turrets he might have missed and makes a dash for the vehicle. Where the hell is the backup?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
4/5xp

Dave gets his kid into the van. "Okay Witness, can you get us home? We can drop off Anne with the gate guard and get back ASAP. I don't want to wait around in the open out here, because things probably heard the gunfire and explosions and are coming to check this out."

Dave stares at the grey circle on his arm. "Also, The rest of your former x-com buddies are in there having some weird loving drama in there and I'm half certain this place is going to go up in a ball of flame before we can get back to properly loot it." He looks back into the van, more cluttered than usual. "Did something happen back there?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
4/5xp

Dave stares at witness. "Think of it as the most hosed up and literal sort of parent-child bonding. That being said, I think I resolved the situation in the least terrible manner possible. When we get back, can you get the earth mover and demo tools and I'll send out some of the guys to meet you? I'll rejoin y'all after I get yelled at for a bit."

He picks up Anne as the van pulls to a stop aside the gate and heads straight home with a reminder to pick up the biggest gun he has on the way back.

Dropping the kid off, handling the social situation, and then trying to find a suitable large instrument of death that a 4-harm gang might have laying around somewhere.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Uh, sure. Leadership roll for actually doing something with my gang vs the aliens.

<+DiceMaid-9001> 2d6+2: 13 [2d6=5,6]

-make a hard advance
-stand strong against a hard advance
and for the third, take little harm from the go aggro list, if possible. I'm guessing IC, with the advance notice we got it basically became a floor wipe.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 6, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Going to give +1 to Jonathan, considering well, he's never even seen him before. "Huh, last I saw you got dragged off into some back room by x-com goons and you ain't dead? Well, you must have SOMETHING going for you.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

If we're using my leadership roll*, finishing up as I put the final bullet in this herd of gribblies would be nice.

I kinda wanted to, if Davin is up for it, IC interview his family if/when he chooses to defrost them. Quite honestly its the best option as opposed to leaving a bunch of thawed out EXALT supporters in the hands of ex-X-Com personnel. (Assuming Valkyrie doesn't just yank out the power plug.)

*If you choose to count that leadership roll, I'd mark Hard for another xp, which would put me at 5. To represent this I'd mark " for gigs, add a manufactory. Surplus: +1barter, want: +idle." to represent Dave using the bunker's resources to manufacture long term wealth instead of just looting the thing in one go. I know Valk is opposed to this so IC debate would be needed.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Well, yes, if/when.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Hard :thesperg:.

I guess witness should pick my next.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

Some days, it just all comes together. Dave wasn't sure how there were still so many of these little bastards around, since they weren't supposed to have genitals. Maybe they budded like yeast?

At least Anne was (probably) going to be okay. He still wasn't sure if he was, however. The grey spot on his arm still felt weird and he kept suppressing the urge to poke at it. That wasn't the only change. While he had always had that vauge ringing in the back of his head it had never been really focused. The only time it rang loud and clear was when the missus lost her poo poo, at him or in general.

But ever since that goddamn hitler-bunker-technodungeon populated by a kid Dave would have shoved in a toilet when he was his age, things had been getting worse and worse. Coming home that day with his kid in his arms nearly bowled him over the second the wife laid eyes on them. The words were upsetting, if familiar, but the...force behind them, for lack of a better word slapped the back of his brain like a conga drum.

Shooting these things kept him focused. Let him ignore that, let him ignore Valkyrie had somehow reproduced in a terrifying yet vaguely hilarious manner. Let him ignore the outside hamlets were squealing for help again for some drat thing he'd have to get to after this. Wasn't a total loss though, that bunker was looking to be a highly useful stockpile. If he could keep it from just being stripped down and sold, they might even be able to turn it into a longterm investment. In any event, there was always the satisfaction of offing these crit-

Oh what the gently caress. These things had always made a weird short shriek yelp when shot, despite the lack of a moving mouth, but why is this squealing sounding like WORDS? Every ingrained instinct of the past two decades is telling him to push just a little harder and watch its eyes and frontal lobe pop out the front of its head, but much like putting that weird grey poo poo in his arm it seems like he's open to all sorts of bad ideas lately.

Read a person (or rough equivalent). How could I get this thing to coherently communicate with me?

Hold has surplus +2 (+3 if I can get the bunker as the manufactorum upgrade), but he has an obligation to the surrounding areas to deal with.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave
"..." Dave reaches down and picks the sectoid up, holding it upside down in front of him. Risky, if that little poo poo has a knife or something, but whatever.

"Uh if I'm 'hearing' you right <Clarification Request:> You, <You:Is:Are:am:> DON'T <Request for exemption> want me to do what I usually do here, right? <YOUR BRAIN MATTER SPLATTERED ACROSS LAND SCAPE>." Dave squints. "Talk back to me here, because otherwise..."<Elaboration pending, else: YOUR PHYSICAL REMAINS TAKEN HOME TO OFFSPRING, BEATEN LIKE 'PINATA'>

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

Holding the critter up with the meld hand, the little bastards were only about 40lbs, but that still got tiring after awhile, and with the shotgun in the other, Dave stares back at the Sectoid. This was going to make things both a lot more easy and complicated at the same time. "<Let's start with the basics, do you have a name/individual designation?>" Finding out if they identified themselves like people instead of just an animal herd would ordinarily bother most people, but for someone who considered varied and subtle differences in the display of bandit corpses a form of art, Dave was simply curious. "<And lets talk about your herd/pack/whatever. Where did you come from?>"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"<Well Redeye, I intend for your kin to go away and never trouble this settlement/clan/community ever again. How that happens is very much up to you. You can either organize a mass exile of your people from this area never to return, or, well, we can conduct business as your people and mine have these past 20 orbits.>" Dave gestures to the corpses around him. This was a new experience, being verbally able to 'negotiate' like this, but then again, words usually didn't even work on humans that Dave had to deal with, usually communication with them had to be in a very obvious and direct physical manner.

(Attempts to roll +hot vs a sectoid go about as well as planned)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"Welp." Dave swings his xeno in a circle several times before releasing it. The sectoid flies over and off the far side of the hill. "Redeye Flight."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"Of course I'm fine." Dave ponders this line and realizes he's really bad at lying about things that aren't 'what did you say this stew was made of?' and 'No honey, its okay, I didn't come home last night because I'd been shot and left to die in a ditch.' Well, the last wasn't a lie, but it sure as hell was treated like one ever after the missus did that thing where she glared at him and his head hurt.

In any event, he was going to do that thing where you just present the awful/weird thing at face value and let the person decided how they're going to deal with it. Pulling the 'Shut the gently caress up, I'm the president' card usually came back to bite you in the rear end. "Beth, the goddamn thing was trying to speak English. Not fluently, but like retard or second language. These things are loving evolving. Remember how they used to be a lot lighter grey, but are darker and darker each year? poo poo its like. gently caress." Dave racks his head. "So I'm showing my daughter this old biology book, (remember how Witness convinced me to wade into the bandits boarded up in that old library with a chainsaw instead of firebombs?) about how back at the start of the industrial revolution, all these factories and poo poo in England are crapping out black smoke everywhere, its on the treest, peoples hands, like everyone just fell in a puddle of black sewage."

"Don't give me that look, this is going somewhere. So most of the moths and tiny insects used to be white, cause the tree bark was white and it hid them, but as everything got covered in this black crap, all the white moths started getting spotted by birds and eaten. The black moths, who had been a minority, no yeah, I know how this analogy is getting problematic, bear with me here, the black moths now had the moment to shine (so to speak), they had traits to survive and were thriving. The species had evolved in the space of a few generations to take advantage of a new environment." Dave tries not to think of the grey stuff covering both his and his daughter's arm.

"So yeah, the little poo poo tried to blabber but in the end it was business as usual. We need to find a way to find the sectoid love shack and burn it down instead of just waiting for them to show up here, before they start building pyramids and agriculture and such." K-TOOM. *chk-chak* He makes a point to blow the head off a body with an intact skull, both to ensure its actually dead and also to drive home the point that even if he's a bit cracked he's still the goddamn President. "Do you have any more questions or concerns or can we move on here?"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Aug 5, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

"Alright then. I think we're done here, but I want to swing back around to the bunker we cleared and take inventory of what's in there at the very least. We need to secure it and get a guard unit there before looters come in, now that the defenses are down." Dave radios in. <Outrider actual to Sands, we're done here. No injuries here, wiped them all out. Making a sweep of the perimeter and we'll be back shortly.> "Okay, lets gets get a move on."

(Now that I don't have an injured and near-dead kid to worry about, moving in and taking stock of what we got locked up in Jonny's swinging bachelor bomb shelter)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

Northeast probably.

Dave makes quick stock of the area as he moves through the building, entering the same place he left. For the first round he searches for things that would get looted immediately, food, weapons, and of course, the very first thing he grabs; Dave hustles for the medical ward he patched Anne up in and grabs everything he can that doesn't look like it'd decompose when taken out of its environment, including this grey poo poo that apparently functions like liquid duct tape on humans.

(+Sharp to find things and...nope I'm guessing he can at least find the stuff he literally saw when he was here.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 22, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

so yeah this thing still alive?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

OOC: uh, which one of those options is calling in the militia to systematically loot the place top to bottom so we can get a catalog of what's in it while giving them choice picks of what they find? I'm not sure why I'm doing this in a time sensitive context or hiding it from others?

Other than absolutely critical stuff like med supplies and unreplaceable electronics and stuff , he's okay with locals taking things. It'll end up in the community economy one way or another. He's not particularly concerned if some random from town has a pink zebra skin rug he didn't have this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dave

Dave looks around the bunker, pondering what he's going to tell the kid later after its been picked clean. Probably something like "Death and Taxes, hoss". He's not heartless. He'll leave like, a futon and blanket or something if Jon still wants to party in his private tomb instead of moving into town.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 9, 2014

• Locked thread