Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you?
Yes
I cleaned your mom's carpet last night
View Results

• Locked thread
Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
I haven't seen one of these threads in a long time. Hopefully the "new" GBS puts aside the usual thread-slamming to participate so that it can be informative and useful for everyone.

I'm cleaning my apartment to get as much of my (huge) deposit back as possible. I'm a firm believer in Tuff Stuff, however that's more for spot cleaning. I got this wild idea to tape two large brushes to my shoes to clean the area under my desk (which I'm assuming will be slightly darker than the rest of the carpet because of the blood in my cum)

What do you think? Anybody have any other pro tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
op is a sham, wow

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

loving kill yourself stop making lovely worthless threads dumb human being

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ignoarints posted:

which I'm assuming will be slightly darker than the rest of the carpet because of the blood in my cum

:stonk:

didn't see that coming

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

a gillette venus and aveeno shaving cream

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Have a 'gently caress the Deposit' party where you cause criminal amounts of damage to your soon to be former dwelling.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Have a 'gently caress the Deposit' party where you cause criminal amounts of damage to your soon to be former dwelling.

It's $1130 so no I'd like to get it back

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Ignoarints posted:

pussy

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

tear that poo poo out and lay some tile because carpet is nasty

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

poo poo

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

who actually uses carpet in TYOOL 2014?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

who actually uses carpet in TYOOL 2014?

tranderson cooper

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ignoarints posted:

don't bother cause they're just gonna take some deposit money and get some company to come wash it

that's how it works here anyway, you can pay for it yourself and they'll usually do it anyway sometimes with the same company :lol:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
gasoline really gets the stains out

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cleaning your carpet doesn't matter. they are going to do it and charge you anyway.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Pay a professional. I used to be a carpet cleaner op, and that is the best advice I can give you.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Sever.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

Shugojin posted:

don't bother cause they're just gonna take some deposit money and get some company to come wash it

that's how it works here anyway, you can pay for it yourself and they'll usually do it anyway sometimes with the same company :lol:

my fear yes

however it's seriously pristine other than under my desk, and I'm just making an assumption that it will be darker than the rest once I move it based on Life Experience

they helpfully provided a large checklist of things they will check for and the charge for each thing if it's not clean so that I can avoid most of it. plus they do the walkthrough before I actually leave, with me

there is one small black mark on one wall and four holes for a wall mounted tv and that's it son

the area around where my bed was is a little dirty but a little Tuff Stuff will get that right out im sure

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

The Kraken posted:

op is a sham, wow

good try

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

use red wine

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

replace carpet & kill yourself

hire a professional tho

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
goku

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

nice

bring back the goku option op

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
i use my tongue, after drinking some wine, to clean carpet

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Ignoarints posted:

my fear yes

however it's seriously pristine other than under my desk, and I'm just making an assumption that it will be darker than the rest once I move it based on Life Experience

they helpfully provided a large checklist of things they will check for and the charge for each thing if it's not clean so that I can avoid most of it. plus they do the walkthrough before I actually leave, with me

there is one small black mark on one wall and four holes for a wall mounted tv and that's it son

the area around where my bed was is a little dirty but a little Tuff Stuff will get that right out im sure

Ok, now I completely understand why you are getting evicted.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
buy some red electrical tape and make sure you are not haunted by internet ghosts

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
use Tuff Stuff

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
white spray paint

spring for the good stuff, don't gently caress this up

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That's pretty bad, you'll probably need to use some vinegar or something

Chimbley Sweep
Jul 21, 2006

haggisforthesoul's mortal frenemy
What kind of idiot uses mass produced carpet cleaner full of toxic chemicals. Just go to your local artisan carpet cleaner shoppe.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
just rip up the carpet and claim the room had no carpeting when you moved in

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They will need to replace thatncarpet and the padding underneath because you are a disgusting gently caress. You do not deserve your security deposit. Just try and leave with some dignity intact.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

They will need to replace thatncarpet and the padding underneath because you are a disgusting gently caress. You do not deserve your security deposit. Just try and leave with some dignity intact.

Dignity is and never shall be an option.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Most carpet stains can be really easily cleaned up with vinegar and baking soda. Pour vinegar on stain, then dump baking soda, then pour a bit more vinegar and wait a minute or two, then scrub it up and it should be pretty great. I just had a friend spill red wine on my carpet the other day got it out in a couple minutes with that.

You can actually use vinegar and baking soda for a lot of cleaning, or lemon juice or other kinds of dilute acids and bases, cleaning solutions are often pretty big ripoffs for what you get outside of ones with very specific tasks like laundry or dish soap.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the smog monster was able to rent a apartment?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Rent a lovely carpet cleaner from Walwart for like 20 bucks. Vacuum the carpet like 10 times before you use the carpet cleaner. That, or just cover yourself in gasoline and light yourself on fire. It already appears you probably sweat out soot and coal onto the carpet, roll in it, and pray to your volcano gods.

Seek help from a witch doctor.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
OP u can come tear up my carpet too iykwim (ityd)

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
ive never done it w Pigpen before

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
Killing yourself is a good way to evade paying damage deposits hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

He's probably already dead and all that ash is like his slimer slime. He's a smog ghost. Go find your hidden valley!

• Locked thread