Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
The game has some intermittent crashing that annoys me. Except for one instance though it's only happened on the menu and thus didn't cost me any LP, the one time it did I was just trying to spend the last 6 I had left on a normal. Other than that it seems that the score screen for the event that pops up after each Live stage goes dark before any of the scores are shown so I have no idea how the scoring on normal stages work for the event. Could just be my phone though; if the PAD thread is anything to go by crashing and bugs can be very phone specific since I never had any issues with PAD while several others did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've had quite a few random crashes also. But I'm running it on my ancient Nexus S since my tablet was too big to thumb it. One did cost me some LP, but it was just 12, and only the once so far.

Also, fairly confident now I'll be able to get to 11,000 for the event SR, but not so much that I'll be able to rank high enough to get a second one for the evo. Bummer. Guess I'll see.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I doubt I'll be able to get it. I'm at ~2400 right now. You have to play a song on Hard about 3 times to be able to play Happy Holiday once which gets you about 200 points. So that's 165 times you have to play regular songs on Hard to be able to play happy holiday on hard to be able to get 11,000 points. I think.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

beaner69 posted:

I doubt I'll be able to get it. I'm at ~2400 right now. You have to play a song on Hard about 3 times to be able to play Happy Holiday once which gets you about 200 points. So that's 165 times you have to play regular songs on Hard to be able to play happy holiday on hard to be able to get 11,000 points. I think.

I'm at like ~4100 at the moment, but I'm not loving about with hard, I've decided. Not for now, at least. I finally passed it once, barely, and it got me like 190 points. But I can easy S score and pretty consistently full combo normal for 140 points and 2/3 the macaroon cost, so that's what I've been doing. Just not worth running hard for how poo poo I've been at it.

e: so for me, at least, unless/until I can average >210 points per run on hard, I'm getting a better return on normal.

and while I'm thinking about it, is the macaroons/LP on hard pretty consistent across all the songs? or is there a best one to do? Is there a guide somewhere on this?

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 3, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

There should probably be a sign at the door of this thread warning people who haven't fully entered the warm embrace of brain death otakudom to stay away

edit: although on second thought the anime avatars and pictures in the OP probably serve that purpose already

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

ReidRansom posted:

and while I'm thinking about it, is the macaroons/LP on hard pretty consistent across all the songs? or is there a best one to do? Is there a guide somewhere on this?

It's a 1 for 1 trade from LP to macarons with the only (and most important) exception being 16 macarons for a 15-LP song.

I'm not familiar with what the event-reward-points to macaron ratio is for the different event song difficulties.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

The ffect when an URs skill activates is super distracting.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

icantfindaname posted:

There should probably be a sign at the door of this thread warning people who haven't fully entered the warm embrace of brain death otakudom to stay away

edit: although on second thought the anime avatars and pictures in the OP probably serve that purpose already

Even if there was, we'll laugh at the anime nerds anyway. Maybe even harder, actually.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

PrinnySquadron posted:

The ffect when an URs skill activates is super distracting.

This is the reason I'm not convinced that leveling up skills with duplicate cards is worth it. Having an even greater chance of having the view of almost the entire game field blocked every 10 seconds, 15 perfects, 17 combos, 20 targets and combinations of such just seems like a bad tradeoff for an extra 25 points. Especially since the skill effects tend to match the color of the card, which matches the color of the circles. The constant effect spam when you get "lucky" on some if the harder songs has cost me more full combos than I like.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

AG3 posted:

This is the reason I'm not convinced that leveling up skills with duplicate cards is worth it. Having an even greater chance of having the view of almost the entire game field blocked every 10 seconds, 15 perfects, 17 combos, 20 targets and combinations of such just seems like a bad tradeoff for an extra 25 points. Especially since the skill effects tend to match the color of the card, which matches the color of the circles. The constant effect spam when you get "lucky" on some if the harder songs has cost me more full combos than I like.

I'm a bit confused by this post because Other > Settings > Live Show Pop-ups OFF is a thing. A lot of people trying to full Perfect combo do it that way.

Also wait you can level up card skills with dupes? :stare: I need to fuse my Rs more carefully.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Still 1100 points out from rank 1000, but I feel like I'm catching up.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I'm a bit confused by this post because Other > Settings > Live Show Pop-ups OFF is a thing. A lot of people trying to full Perfect combo do it that way.

Doing this next time I play. Maybe I can actually Full Combo the rest of the hard songs now.

Also wait you can level up card skills with dupes? :stare: I need to fuse my Rs more carefully.

Yeah. I'm not sure if the card has to be duplicate or if it's enough that the skill name is the same, but I've only tried it with duplicates. The first level up seems more or less guaranteed, the second one less so, and for the third one and onwards the skill up chance seems to drop like a rock.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 4, 2014

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Got my SR. First three songs now give double Gs for your effort, in case you've been burning cards left and right on leveling. Anticipate more bonuses tomorrow and after.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

About 200 points away from mine. Really want an extra for awakening though. May burn a few stones on stamina refills to break rank 1000. Probably a better use of them than scouting.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OK, I've done some serious point grinding and got my current rank to ~500. I figure even if I have to slow down a bit tomorrow because work and all, I should be able to still keep it above 1000 by event end.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
You're very likely to get either of the two new SR cards that were introduced if you do an 11-card draw this week.

loving UR card won't appear and let me have my perfect lock cool team

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
So is it me or do the taps on Wild Stars not make any sense? It's so hard.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I spent my entire weekend in a hotel room with a dude named "Jacob" who played this every chance he got and it was every bit as creepy as it looks. Also, I never want to hear the phrase "Happy Holiday" ever again.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

beaner69 posted:

So is it me or do the taps on Wild Stars not make any sense? It's so hard.

tap, tap, ta-tap, tap. It's hard to hear the beat on phones with their tiny speakers.

Then it throws in syncopated rhythms mixed with regular taps and nobody wins. :smith:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah, Wild Stars is kinda tough. And I'm 1 gem away from doing another 50 pull, so here's hoping for that UR Umi. Got my extra Kotori for evo also, so that's cool.

e: No UR, just the 1 SR and it was a dupe, and like 6 dupe Rs. Only 4 new cards. woohoo :toot:

Suspicious Dish posted:

I spent my entire weekend in a hotel room with a dude named "Jacob" who played this every chance he got and it was every bit as creepy as it looks. Also, I never want to hear the phrase "Happy Holiday" ever again.

Hey, I'm having fun with the game and I still kind of agree with you on not wanting to hear Happy Holiday again.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 11, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Suspicious Dish posted:

You should consider anime a blessing, because it allows you to easily identify people to put on the "do not interact with" shortlist. Unfortunately in your case it seems like it was too late, but a helpful tip for the future still

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I will say that I find the side stories a little off-putting. Aren't I supposed to be a classmate, or something? And isn't this an all girls school?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

I will say that I find the side stories a little off-putting. Aren't I supposed to be a classmate, or something? And isn't this an all girls school?

Yeah the side stories are nerd pandering but not necessary. They're there to get gems pretty much, as for the all girls school part, yuri love is best love.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I trial-and-erred my way into figuring out the proper way to do skill-ups the other day instead of just looking the method up :v:

Much like in Puzzle and Dragons, any card with the same skill name can fuse for the host card's skill-up. The catch is that unlike a flat 10% or 20% like in PAD, the rate follows a pyramid-like thing:

Fusing level 1s together is guaranteed to get you a level 2.
Fusing level 1s to a level 2 provides an okay chance for a level 3.
Fusing level 2s together is sure to get you a level 3.

and so on and so forth. It's still not a huge deal compared to simply building stats on SRs and URs but now you can get interrupted even more often by your R cards doing their cut-in animations if you haven't turned them off yet!

New event in a little less than 13 hours, if you feel like getting the poo poo annoyed out of you by a single song again :toot:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

It's still not a huge deal compared to simply building stats on SRs and URs but now you can get interrupted even more often by your R cards doing their cut-in animations if you haven't turned them off yet!

New event in a little less than 13 hours, if you feel like getting the poo poo annoyed out of you by a single song again :toot:

I'd say the exception is the skill that turns all good and great hits into perfects for a certain amount of time. 3 cards with that (with different trigger condition) can make a huge difference on some of the harder songs, since it can save you from dropping a combo quite often. The downside is that it can also mess up your muscle memory since you risk getting used to the wrong timings. The new Umi UR card looks great for that. Every 9 seconds there's a chance of a 5 second (I think) reward lock.

Also, yeah, having a lot of my cards at level 3-4 was what finally made me turn off the cut-in animations. Trying to do Wild Stars on hard with the constant screen covering was just hopeless. As for the next event, hopefully it'll be less annoying than the drat macarons, or at least have a better event song.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 17, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Turning off animations got me close to full combo on Bokura no whatever, which I was totally poo poo at before, so yeah, I'm leaving them off.

And I may take it easier on this event. I'll definitely get the SR, but that final push to stay inside rank 1000 for a second card on the last one was a pain in the rear end. If I get an extra, fine, if not, also fine.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

what the gently caress is a hug attack oh hey free gems

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
They aren't even hugging. Lame. I want to see the anime girls hugging.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

what the gently caress is a hug attack oh hey free gems

Maybe they've discovered a way to hug with nuclear arms.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ReidRansom posted:

Maybe they've discovered a way to hug with nuclear arms.

This isn't KanColle.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Suspicious Dish posted:

They aren't even hugging. Lame. I want to see the anime girls hugging.

This, but unironically.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Kinda wish these events were shorter. In any case, didn't go chasing after rank 1000 this time and don't really mind. They'll probably rerun it again later, if they're going by the way they did it in Japan.

Liver Disaster posted:

This isn't KanColle.

Didn't know what that was. Had to look it up. Of course that's a thing because gently caress it why not.

e:

and because I'm a bit bored and about to go to sleep, a bit of math tells me (assuming I still remember how to do maths) that the current leader as of this moment played some 590 15LP songs to collect enough rabbits to play the event song 210 times and arrive at his or her current total of 58,315 points. At ~2 minutes per song, that's 27 hours of just tapping faces, plus who knows how much time fiddling about with members, buying embarrassing amounts of gems over and over again and so on. That's pretty hosed.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 27, 2014

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I don't know how I got to this point but I sort of full comboed the two new songs on my third and fourth tries. Also, I have literally run out of cards to level up unless I start collecting duplicates or attempt the terrible chance at drawing more honor student cards.

Some sort of extra-hard Daily Songs are apparently coming.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
They are definitely easier than "Wild Stars" and "Bokura wa Ima no Naka de" were. I think the latter took me 80 tries to full combo because I just could not stop messing up a single combo somewhere in the easier sections. By comparison Kitto Seishun took me 8 tries and Kaguya around 18-20.

By the way, how do you play the extreme versions of the event songs? Do you have to beat hard 100 times or something? Because gently caress grinding that many macarons/bunny ears/whatever comes up next.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

AG3 posted:

By the way, how do you play the extreme versions of the event songs?

Expert mode event songs look like they will come right after Expert Hard mode Daily songs are implemented, if we're still following the same development track the Japanese version did. We may see those as soon as late next month. E: or as soon as late this day, speak of the devil.

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 30, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

They're not kidding about the daily songs being more difficult.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Hard's a passable source of renewable gems if you're good enough and/or have a swole enough team.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Is it? I've been a bit busy and only tried the once, but it was the first song I've failed in quite some time. Just haven't had time to have another go yet.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I didn't get to play the one that was up yesterday, but the one today gave me one gem for beating all 3 difficulties, and another for getting A rank (fell just short of S), and another one if I can get S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

AG3 posted:

I didn't get to play the one that was up yesterday, but the one today gave me one gem for beating all 3 difficulties, and another for getting A rank (fell just short of S), and another one if I can get S.

Really? Dang I need to get better then. I haven't failed them but I've only gotten B's on both on hard.

• Locked thread