Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Maybe 2G2W, 3O.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Oh.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

merk posted:

Maybe 2G2W, 3O.

That would make it come up short, I think.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I might bow out of the game and give apostate the win. That blatant accusation at my character by Diqnol is rude as gently caress and deflated my interest.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Or, wait. I can't remember what cards I have. Hm.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Dude is upset he got outplayed in a friendly online card game and then attacks me as a cheater using the friendly only card game as a sword. gently caress you.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly if it comes down to that, I won't complain about the free board game- though you're pretty clearly in the lead here. Your call.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
At one point I even considered buying complimentary copies of the game for everyone in the final table if I won. I'm really pissed off.

I'm gonna step away for awhile.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

merk posted:

At one point I even considered buying complimentary copies of the game for everyone in the final table if I won. I'm really pissed off.

I'm gonna step away for awhile.

Okay. I hope you decide to keep playing, merk, it's been fun so far.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Whatever you say merk, I'm not gonna dispute the result. Just letting you know I understand what you did and would never do something like that in a friendly online card game.

:munch:

You're literally the only person reading the situation this way, I think.

:munch:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I will take over for merk.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Accusing me of using something as a sword while simultaneously threatening to quit. This is a man I believe.

It doesn't matter, though. Whether you believe it was malicious or a mistake, the results are the results.

I will say that earlier in the game Merk did outplay me a couple of times. I attribute it partially to me not paying any attention and whim selling, but he knocked me down from 10 to 4 legitimately. I'm just miffed he would do something like this. He didn't have to win like that.

Also I played OOO GGWW so if Apostate played no gold, I'm not yet dead.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

if mills takes over, i vote we reboot the table, since obviously there's no chance in hell i would be out already if it was mills playing against me :sun:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

If we reboot this table, I will win.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mills posted:

Could we not snipe at the guy's spot?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't even know where to start with responding to that.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

He said he's stepping away. That could mean to think, it could mean he wants to quit, whatever. Give the guy some time to think stuff over.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I will destroy you.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pretty sure merk's coming back, apo. He just doesn't like having his integrity questioned when he's one of the least likely people to cheat at an online game.

I find it funny that merk doesn't take it as a compliment, to be honest. Diqnol refuses to believe that merk could be that careless.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think merk is telling the truth fwiw but I find it a bizarre interpretation that he's allowed to take back his card after making an invalid bid; he should be forced to keep the card in play and make a new bid. :shrug:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

He made an invalid bid... once he realized he couldn't make it, he took back the move. This shouldn't matter for anything because the bid should've never gone through.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

ActingPower posted:

Don't you have to change it?

can we all agree that it was this rear end in a top hat that ruined everything!!!!

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Ernie. posted:

can we all agree that it was this rear end in a top hat that ruined everything!!!!

Wait, what? :eek:

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

merk bids 4 of Everything
anime gently caress pillow has called SELL!

apostateCourier shows:

merk shows:

anime gently caress pillow shows:
:argh:

Totals: 4 Gold, 6 Wheat, 6 Oil

The bid was exactly correct!

-------------

:siren: anime gently caress pillow has been ELIMINATED! :siren:

-------------

Submit cards for Round 19!
apostateCourier to start.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll keep playing. I've cooled off.

Good luck, Apostate.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Ernie. posted:

He made an invalid bid... once he realized he couldn't make it, he took back the move. This shouldn't matter for anything because the bid should've never gone through.

Yeah, from the start it's always been the case that if someone does something illegal, it and any subsequent bids are wiped and the person can take any legal action they like.

If I thought people were angle-shooting and deliberately making subtly illegal moves so they could see what the following players did and then take back their move and act based on the information, I'd start imposing penalties of some sort, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case here.

xopods fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 31, 2014

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Also, trying to add a card while keeping the bid type the same is one of the two mistakes that people make continually in this game. The other being trying to open with a combo bid.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Good luck, merk, though I doubt this will last much longer.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Cards are in.

apostateCourier bids 5 Wheat

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
7W

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sell

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Good game, merk. Enjoy the physical copy. I overthought my bid into creating a no-win scenario for myself.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You played 3W, 1W, right? I was debating whether you played that or something with 2W2X,1W. If I bid 6W, though, you could raise to a perfect 7W if you played 3W, 1W, so I thought I had to do it.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

You did. If I'd bluffed like I wanted to I'd still be in it. I overthought it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I played the same cards as last time hoping I could raise you into a 2 or 3 All bid depending on your opener.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

merk posted:

I played the same cards as last time hoping I could raise you into a 2 or 3 All bid depending on your opener.

Whereas I was thinking that you'd think anything I put down would be a bluff, and sell immediately.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Good game!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Good game.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

merk bids 7 Wheat
apostateCourier has called SELL!

apostateCourier shows:

merk shows:
:smug: :smug: :smug:

Totals: 1 Gold, 7 Wheat, 3 Oil

The bid was exactly correct!

-------------

:siren: apostateCourier has been ELIMINATED! :siren:

Merk has won the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Great game. I thoroughly enjoyed both tables.

• Locked thread