Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
last 4 games vs. FC Go Fast:

0-0 away
0-0 home
3-0 away
0-0 home

In 3 of those I've injured one of his dudes, and in the 3-0 loss one of my guys got a red card.

What I'm saying is that I look forward to a 0-0 draw on Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Rapner posted:

Can you link the game Vando?

http://xperteleven.com/gameDetails.aspx?GameID=310857535&dh=2

Uzh
Sep 27, 2003
Monkey lover

Vando posted:

gently caress this game, how does my opponent get a 33% boost in his player ratings and I get gently caress all even with 1m win bonus? Oh, and I countered his formation and tactics too, apparently that doesn't help. Amazing.
Germany just beat Brazil 1 - 7. What was you point again? :iiam:

(Just kidding, it's sports and RNG. There is alway a random element..)

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Home advantage man, it's brutal

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, it seems a bit of bad luck. Two goals from freekicks, two from corners. Also you don't know how much he spent on prizes, he's defense and midfield outclassed yours by far. Also, home advantage and such.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

Vando posted:

gently caress this game, how does my opponent get a 33% boost in his player ratings and I get gently caress all even with 1m win bonus? Oh, and I countered his formation and tactics too, apparently that doesn't help. Amazing.

gently caress this game? Lets be honest, its not the games fault you lost. I shouldn't be doing this considering we have to play again but in the interests of debate:

- My average form is 16, yours is only 12, massive advantage for me.
- Countered my formation did you? Considering I play the exact same formation every single game thats not much of an achievement, and the game recognises this and reduces the effect of guessing right accordingly. Thats why I pick the same formation.
- On the other hand, I got your formation correct even though you hadn't picked it in your previous game, thats a boost for me.
- Home advantage goes to me
- You didn't play cautious away from home, thats not ideal and I also guessed that correctly. I normally would have went "offensive" but tempered that back to "normal" accordingly.
- You guessed my tactics yes, but I also guessed yours, so...
- You also tightly marked my striker, meaning my midfield and most importantly my playmaker were free to do what they wanted, that was a big mistake.
- My teamwork values are higher than yours.

You can't really moan about losing, 1 million win bonus or not, everything was set up for me to win that match.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Dude, the only difference between our teams tactics-wise was home advantage and guessing playmaker correctly, yet half your team had a +4/5 rating bonus for no discernable reason. That's not explainable by any of the stuff you mentioned.

Also re: form, nobody I started had form below 14 before the match. The drop has come since then.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

Vando posted:

Dude, the only difference between our teams tactics-wise was home advantage and guessing playmaker correctly, yet half your team had a +4/5 rating bonus for no discernable reason.

But thats not actually true. Nobody in my team played more than 2 bars above their skill level, most only played 1 bar above their skill level.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Goalie: skill 10, rating 14 (+4)
Defence: skill 10/11/12/8, rating 13/15/16/11 (+3/+4/+4/+3)
Midfield: skill 10/10/9/8/11, rating 15/14/12/12/16 (+5/+4/+3/+4/+5)
Forward: skill 10, rating 9 (-1)

Come on, you're just talking complete poo poo now.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

Vando posted:

Come on, you're just talking complete poo poo now.

Yeah I had the wrong screen open. But hey, screw you anyway, take your thrashing like a man and stop whinging about it.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

bucketybuck posted:

Yeah I had the wrong screen open. But hey, screw you anyway, take your thrashing like a man and stop whinging about it.

I'm taking my thrashing like someone who knows how games are designed and it's not 'random chance for one team to be magically 30% better for no discernable reason' tyvm

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

Internet soccer is almost as serious as internet tanks it seems.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Please don't get angry about the little pixel futbal mans.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
Changing topics, is there a penalty for incorrectly guessing a formation as opposed to just selecting none?

Also, if anyone has any advice for turning around Tryhard FC (SBB) I'd be glad to hear it. Solid team but the previous manager moved as many players as possible into the wrong positions before quitting mid-April so my DV and form are pretty terrible. Working on improving the latter but considering selling a couple of young guys with 2 DV. Realistically, how much can I improve DV before the end of the season? Only have 3 guys with a DV of 10 or higher right now.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Spyde posted:

Changing topics, is there a penalty for incorrectly guessing a formation as opposed to just selecting none?

Also, if anyone has any advice for turning around Tryhard FC (SBB) I'd be glad to hear it. Solid team but the previous manager moved as many players as possible into the wrong positions before quitting mid-April so my DV and form are pretty terrible. Working on improving the latter but considering selling a couple of young guys with 2 DV. Realistically, how much can I improve DV before the end of the season? Only have 3 guys with a DV of 10 or higher right now.

Sell your 4-5 most valuable players who are going to have a DV less than 10 or they're going to lose skill and be useless and a loss of potential econ.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Vando posted:

I'm taking my thrashing like someone who knows how games are designed and it's not 'random chance for one team to be magically 30% better for no discernable reason' tyvm

Go out and start a riot like a real man!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Is the league open to non goons or j4g?

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

Spyde posted:

If anyone has any advice for turning around Tryhard FC (SBB) I'd be glad to hear it.

Looks plenty strong enough to stay up with from here. Obviously form needs to pick up a bit as you say. You have enough games left to get decent DVs for most of the team I reckon. 15 should be achievable for most under 25s, as they will get enough game time even if they hadn't been playing so far. Get their form up with some training and get some good results in, and you should be ok.

Definitely pick a couple of decently valued players, try not to play them without risking results, and then sell before the CR. The game time and training monies can then be spent on the guys you are gonna keep.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
What happens if you tightly mark a goalie?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you're playing bruise you sometimes kill them, which can be fun if the other team has no reserve.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

goatface posted:

If you're playing bruise you sometimes kill them, which can be fun if the other team has no reserve.

I wish you could really kill players so there's a murder investigation metagame

XpertTwelve Angry Men

*slams an identical bar of soap on the table next to the murder weapon*

Baby Cakes fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 10, 2014

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Needs to be more like bloodbowl.

I wanna have my players brawl in the middle of the pitch.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

Baby Cakes posted:

Interestingly enough, I had my keeper man marked today.

He still played to his skill level, though no more than that. There was a free kick scored directly to the net past him, but the kicker was higher rated so that may have happened any way. The other goal was a shot after a corner, is that due to the keeper or the defenders? I don't know.

Its not something I would try myself to be honest, while my keeper was being marked my midfielders were all running riot.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

Spyde posted:

My advice on teams is always the same, think about where its going to be in 3/4 seasons time.

Your current team isn't going to win the league, and is that going to change in 3/4 seasons? I doubt it, most players DV slows down after age 26, so for the majority of your squad this is as good as they get. Even your best assets are behind the popular 17/4, 18/4 skill path, so even at their peak they won't be as good as many other teams.

Those players on 2 DV, in my opinion even if you play and train them for the rest of the season you will struggle to get good DV from them. I would sell them now for as much as you can get, take the money and use it to get in players that you can develop into a proper team.

If you have the cash you could try and buy good enough players to remain competitive, but that could be very expensive to say the least.

quote:

Heres an article: http://www.xperteleven.com/xpertdaily.aspx?DartID=159&S=3&lang=EN

bucketybuck fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 10, 2014

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
Ok thanks for the advice guys, that helps a lot. Didn't want to do too much without a more experienced assessment.

e: hat trick today :c00l:

Spyde fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 10, 2014

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

quote:

Someone broke into your club house during the night and punctured all the balls. Because of this todays training session had to be replaced with some other training and the players lost a little bit of form. New balls are purchased for 100 000 econ. The thugs left no clues.

Guess that will teach me a thing about complaining. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Rapner posted:

Is the league open to non goons or j4g?

It's open to nongoons provided they aren't total jerks or anything

Baby Cakes posted:

He plays worse and the rest of the team plays better, just like you marked anyone else. You're definitely not letting him score on you!

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!
God drat it Hardflip, you have got to be making GBS threads me.

Also, really, a 4-3-3?

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

Walamor posted:

Also, really, a 4-3-3?

hey dont knock 4-3-3 till you tried it on a whim and pull off a ridiculous victory

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Walamor posted:

Also, really, a 4-3-3?

Such are the cruelties of X11 :v:

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 11, 2014

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

shep posted:

You'd better not be classing our game as that gimme game!

Are you KCER? If so definitely not, I'm pumped for that one.

Sadly the streak had to end sometime:

Velocibacon you prick :argh: (well played though)

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Not a lot of matches left, time to go deep into the tank in favor of getting DV on the right players. :parrot:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

PTizzle posted:

Sadly the streak had to end sometime:

Velocibacon you prick :argh: (well played though)

Well played! Thank god for home ground advantage

shep
Aug 31, 2003

I am sad because I am stuck with no bacon in the middle of the ocean.

PTizzle posted:

Sadly the streak had to end sometime

Yeah that's me, really looking forward to the game but I've just hit a downward arrow streak and might have to rest a few big names in favour of some much needed DV.

Managed to up my goal difference in my last game so a win against you will be huge.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Walamor posted:

Also, really, a 4-3-3?

lmao

Wait no, this is not good for me. Hardflip :argh:

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Does DV decay? Or can I safely park someone on 10/11 DV and work on the rest of my team?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
It doesn't, but their form could drop from not playing if you don't maintain it.

I'm assuming this is an older player that you don't expect to skill up? Otherwise I wouldn't just park him.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Walamor posted:

Also, really, a 4-3-3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrlF46tZiQo

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

shoplifter posted:

It doesn't, but their form could drop from not playing if you don't maintain it.

I'm assuming this is an older player that you don't expect to skill up? Otherwise I wouldn't just park him.

DV can decay, I had a 17 DV youth go to 16 DV after sitting a game on the bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Well poo poo. I've either never had it happen or just never paid enough attention to notice.

• Locked thread