Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
This thread is for the organization and implementation of a concise community based set of HOUSE RULES for Warhammer 40k.

Our Goals!:commissar:
  • Nominate a small committee of players to act as the final word on rules modifications.
  • Create a priority list of major imbalances and loose rules in WH40K 6/7th Edition.
  • Brainstorm and theorycraft ways to tighten and balance a set of Universal House Rules.
  • Create an inclusive atmosphere and generate input from outside our walls, to create a more inviting environment for old and new players alike!

Our primary goals right now should be to hammer out a system in which to generate good, balanced rules. We need a way to vote on them, a way to playtest them, and a way to bring in outside help. We will never, ever be able to please everyone, however, with compromise, we can generate some band-aids and fixes to rules that could have been tighter to begin with. With a little bit of effort (and NO naysaying!) we can at least create a set of GOONHAMMER House rules, that will be less daunting and miserable for new players than getting stuck with a handful of garbage cards.

The 40k Community (and tabletop wargames in general) on SA is quite accomplished, if you haven't seen the OATH threads, then you obviously have no idea that some of the best painters and players in the world are members of this forum who frequent and post all the time.

So Let's start by nominating a small committee of Goons to act as a bullshit test for some of our theorycrafting. Five to six dedicated players should suffice. You can nominate someone HERE.

We also need a concise list of what needs fixed, and its priority level. For now, the following list is just for your consideration, but in the future, I will edit this post to list major milestones and priorities determined by the community.

BRAINSTORMING! :vomarine:
Use THIS BRAINSTORMING DOCUMENT to share your ideas in a collected space, and talk about them here. Please don't vandalize this document, but feel free to add columns if you need them. The committee will use these ideas to address issues by item. Please don't post anything NSFW on this document, as many players may be visiting it from work, and it will be preserved as a timeline of whatever product we end up reaching. If you notice that someone has defaced this document or changed someone else's content, simply roll the revision back, don't just delete stuff.

PRIORITY LIST! :black101:
This [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mrOWVhiVc7hYFWawVx4JMvkBF-51FNb-hhdKrTEpHnE/[/url]Priority List[/url] will be controlled by the Rules Committee once they're in place. I've filled it with some of my own bullshit until they are installed.

This thread is also a safe place to post your game groups house rules and share them with the community at large. If you're posting your house rules, be sure to add :siren: and bold so it doesn't get lost, and I'll try to add links to them here in the OP.

I'll revisit this post when we've hammered a clear process for House Rule consideration out. I will help the committee by updating this OP as required, however I will be stepping back from the process and simply helping brainstorm and playtest once the committee is installed.

So:

Nominate Goons
Brainstorm Ideas
Come up with Priority List.

GO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread