Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
There's a ton of smoke that the Astros might pass on Rodon and Aiken because of their loving goofy slot games. Please do this, Astros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

DOOP posted:

The Phillies pick 7th. Who should they be looking at/what do they need?

Drafting for need is about the worst thing you can do in the baseball draft. That being said, the Phillies will draft a toolsy raw high schooler or a college pitcher Rube can plug in quick to try and save his job.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

The Tigers are going to draft Nick Burdi and call him up to the majors ASAP

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Can't wait to see which low-ceiling high-floor MLB ready player the Mariners draft next.

One of the rumored names would be Trea Turner, and I have to imagine they are planning a Maurer level of awful rush job with him. I would laugh really hard.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

MourningView posted:

Most people (or at least a decent number) seem to think he's better anyway so is this really a big deal?

Aiken is better but the potential cheap out people are snickering about is taking neither of the two (in fact Aiken's price tag is close enough to Rodon that I kind of think the Astros pass on both)

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

For the Astros I think it makes sense to go with Aiken and save the money to spend on later picks, like how they got Rio Ruiz and Lance McCullers Jr the year they took Correa.

They should take Aiken because he's the best player, just like how they should have took Buxton because he was the best player.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Intruder posted:

Eh I'm pretty happy with Correa tbh

He's really good but Byron Buxton is on his own level

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

John Hart is the guy who comped Oscar Taveras to Barry Bonds so that should tell you whether you should listen to him

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

The Yankees drafted a reliever? Okay I guess.

A fast-track to the majors college reliever is a perfectly fine pick at 55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Brewers signed 2nd rounder Monte Harrison for $700K over slot. Originally some thought he wouldn't sign.

Nah he's been seen as a pretty easy sign, you would just have to go over slot with a pick in the area he was projected.

• Locked thread