Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who was the best wizard
gandalf
harry potter
merlin
pinball
of oz
View Results

• Locked thread
MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Thomas Covenant is the gooniest wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

WIZARD MASTER

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
My favorite wizard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la6tOXPghCA

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

etalian posted:

gandalf was a pretty loving useless wizard

gently caress you.

Gandalf was way way above all this lovely "i cast magic missile" poo poo. Gandalf's power was in guidance and leadership, and in uniting the Free Peoples of Middle Earth into defeating the Dark Lord Sauron. And yet if that wasn't enough, he was still wizardy enough to:

A) Completely pwn basically any non-Maiar enemy whenever the gently caress he wants, with a simple gesture of his staff.

When it comes to Maiar baddies, he can:

B) Go toe-to-toe with Saruman, the leader of the White Council (ok, Saruman got the upper hand and imprisoned Gandalf eventually, but that's no biggie because Gandalf can talk to moths to summon help from the Eagles, and if that's not a wizard power then I don't know what the gently caress is).

C) Slay a loving Balrog (ok it was a draw at first, but Gandalf has the Valar behind him, so he got rezzed and it was all good).

D) Spank that bitch Necromancer into revealing his true identity, which turns out to be motherfucking Sauron, and yet not even Sauron killed Gandalf (only imprisoned him in a cage in Dol Guldur).

You will be able to watch how Gandalf ultimately emerges as the victor this Christmas in the epic conclusion to Peter Jackson's 'The Hobbit' trilogy in the third and final installmant - The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, to be released nationwide on 12th December 2014.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Zzabur from Glorantha (Dragon Pass' setting). He killed an entire continent of goons who figured out how to game the mythology system and were loving up the world by being power gaming nerds, it ruled.

Daffy Duck the Wizard is pretty good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_hcwB8i64

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

gently caress you.

Gandalf was way way above all this lovely "i cast magic missile" poo poo. Gandalf's power was in guidance and leadership, and in uniting the Free Peoples of Middle Earth into defeating the Dark Lord Sauron. And yet if that wasn't enough, he was still wizardy enough to:

A) Completely pwn basically any non-Maiar enemy whenever the gently caress he wants, with a simple gesture of his staff.

When it comes to Maiar baddies, he can:

B) Go toe-to-toe with Saruman, the leader of the White Council (ok, Saruman got the upper hand and imprisoned Gandalf eventually, but that's no biggie because Gandalf can talk to moths to summon help from the Eagles, and if that's not a wizard power then I don't know what the gently caress is).

C) Slay a loving Balrog (ok it was a draw at first, but Gandalf has the Valar behind him, so he got rezzed and it was all good).

D) Spank that bitch Necromancer into revealing his true identity, which turns out to be motherfucking Sauron, and yet not even Sauron killed Gandalf (only imprisoned him in a cage in Dol Guldur).

You will be able to watch how Gandalf ultimately emerges as the victor this Christmas in the epic conclusion to Peter Jackson's 'The Hobbit' trilogy in the third and final installmant - The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, to be released nationwide on 12th December 2014.

At least Gandalf did some poo poo.

What about them Blue Wizards, out somewhere in the East? You don't hear jack about them, and there's a war against the Dark Lord on!

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

redshirt posted:

At least Gandalf did some poo poo.

What about them Blue Wizards, out somewhere in the East? You don't hear jack about them, and there's a war against the Dark Lord on!

Blue Wizards gave us blue balls.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

redshirt posted:

They shot the food.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Shiki Dan posted:

They shot the food.

thread over

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I

The wizard is undeterred

naem
May 29, 2011

Poorleg posted:

All those wizards are pussies.

This guy...

parted a sea and saved a nation.

CLEARLY a cleric

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The wizard from the Black Sabbath song The Wizard was p cool. So was Gilbert Arenas.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

a wizard smoking a bong, also he is fighting a dragon and the dragon is lighting the weed with his fire breath

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren::smugwizard::siren:

[TIMG]http://i.imgur.com/VywBLRY.jpg[/img][/TIMG]

:siren::smugwizard::siren:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

notlupus
May 16, 2008

Dude, I was able to perform an appendectomy at age 14. I think I can handle a couple of shrooms.
None greater than Lord Voldemort. gently caress muggles.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lord voldemort can't even cast a glamour to make himself less of an ugly noseless gently caress

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

lord voldemort can't even cast a glamour to make himself less of an ugly noseless gently caress

hahaha

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lord voldemort is a lovely wizard, like one guy with a revolver could have killed him

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Alexzandvar posted:

lord voldemort is a lovely wizard, like one guy with a revolver could have killed him

did the harry potter books end this way? would be p. cool if MI5 just decided to destroy all lovely child wizards

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chevalier Cat posted:

did the harry potter books end this way? would be p. cool if MI5 just decided to destroy all lovely child wizards

roweling already said that one SWAT team could have killed Voldemort and all his minion in 10 minutes.

all they had to do was loving CALL THE POLICE

Hello? Operator? yeah theres a loving genocidal evil demon wizard on the lose could we get a few officers over here?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Xaltotun of Acheron was a pretty gnarly dude

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZqRzHnI8s

best wizard duel and the best wand

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Alexzandvar posted:

roweling already said that one SWAT team could have killed Voldemort and all his minion in 10 minutes.

all they had to do was loving CALL THE POLICE

Hello? Operator? yeah theres a loving genocidal evil demon wizard on the lose could we get a few officers over here?

who cares what all those wizard freaks are doing? just let them all kill each other then we'll come in and take out whoever's left. it's called efficient use of resources

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Black Pants posted:

This wizard too.

Came here to post this, dammit.

Well, here's the original short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLhLn9hVkE

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Rex Deckard posted:

Egg Shen. Drove a bus, had a sex demon bag, some awesome potion which made dudes warm in an elevator, and defended Jack Burton.

this

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The best wizard ever is Elric of Melniboné, wielder of the accursed Stormbringer, traitor, cripple, seducer of women, destroyer of cities, and mighty nigromancer

(hahaha Moorcock thought THAT was a good name for a magic).

kant
May 12, 2003
Mr. Wizard. His powers were actually real.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

necromancer is best wizard (me (i am*))

*best wizard

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
gandalf or alanon u freakin retard

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alexzandvar posted:

the worst effects of voldemort's second coming as muggles were concerned (iirc) were lots of fog and a bridge collapse

lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

the worst effects of voldemort's second coming as muggles were concerned (iirc) were lots of fog and a bridge collapse

lol

bridge collapse killed dozens and destroyed a london landmark

u loving heartless rear end in a top hat

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

nomadologique posted:

bridge collapse killed dozens and destroyed a london landmark

u loving heartless rear end in a top hat

evil scary creepy wizard doesnt even score high enough to beat osama binladen

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ya but osama bin laden was a wizard with allah behind him so

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

yeah now that i thignk about it wizards are actually pretty lovely compared to tanks and missiles

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Christmas Present posted:

yeah now that i thignk about it wizards are actually pretty lovely compared to tanks and missiles
depends on which canon you follow. harry potter/lotr wizards would get loving WASTED by modern warfare contrivances, but what about a say, diablo wizards. they got like invinci-shields and can kill hundreds of humanoid looking things instantly with hand lasers and poo poo.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

a) no canon; wherein a world is not meticulously detailed to dryness and death by the corpulent hand of the fumbling nerd- wherein symbols and metaphor are given reign to conduct business as they please without the interference of the encyclopedizatoin of literature- wherein wizards represent old and ancient wisdom that held dominion and stewardship over man for millennia before becoming suddenly and violently uprooted by a new wisdom, a new order beginning anywhere from 1492 to 1945 and which we are still reeling to understand- in this non-canon, in this world of analogy and symbolic representation, the wizard is subordinate to the salesman, the wand obsolesced by the rifle, the pointed hat an absurdity amongst crisp, identically-besuited Chief Executives.

b) i follow the biggest cannopn, it's better than every wziards GA-DRRRRSH

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

yesss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Christmas Present posted:

a) no canon; wherein a world is not meticulously detailed to dryness and death by the corpulent hand of the fumbling nerd- wherein symbols and metaphor are given reign to conduct business as they please without the interference of the encyclopedizatoin of literature- wherein wizards represent old and ancient wisdom that held dominion and stewardship over man for millennia before becoming suddenly and violently uprooted by a new wisdom, a new order beginning anywhere from 1492 to 1945 and which we are still reeling to understand- in this non-canon, in this world of analogy and symbolic representation, the wizard is subordinate to the salesman, the wand obsolesced by the rifle, the pointed hat an absurdity amongst crisp, identically-besuited Chief Executives.

b) i follow the biggest cannopn, it's better than every wziards GA-DRRRRSH
good poo poo

• Locked thread