Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/realmcopfan/

Played this a bit back in 2010 but never with goons. In as Slap-Happy Pappy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
edit: got all set, thanks.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 11, 2014

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Posting in the thread.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Touch wood, I should be back in a week to find something to piss the server off with.

How active is the guild these days?

To the resource whores, anything good in need to buy? April-now time frame wise I've missed.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Someone floated the idea of buying out Krolgar's stock of bikes and relisting them in the mantina for a mark up. Enough investment will make his life terrible. Bikes suck to stock in quantity. A lot.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
Could use an invite, talking in the steam chat as CLANG CLANG et cetera

deathrat
May 25, 2010
please don't hurt me HorrificBean

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Seredith, where's my resource to buy list ?

JediFlem
Oct 29, 2012
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jediflem/

Character Name: Ardanya Tali'Zon

Excited to attempt to relive the blissful years of my youth!

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
Jesus, I totally didn't remember how weird the control scheme was in this game. Will I eventually be able to tweak it to WASD move somehow once I re-acclimate and start navigating poo poo properly?

I made a throwaway just to gently caress around on then deleted him and couldn't make a character all weekend because I didn't realize every time I attempted, I reset the 24 hour wait period to make a new guy. Hahahahaha, man. :smith:

I think I'm gonna try to make an unarmed lizard dude so I don't have to worry about looking for a sweet weapon.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Nilbog Resident posted:

Jesus, I totally didn't remember how weird the control scheme was in this game. Will I eventually be able to tweak it to WASD move somehow once I re-acclimate and start navigating poo poo properly?

I made a throwaway just to gently caress around on then deleted him and couldn't make a character all weekend because I didn't realize every time I attempted, I reset the 24 hour wait period to make a new guy. Hahahahaha, man. :smith:

I think I'm gonna try to make an unarmed lizard dude so I don't have to worry about looking for a sweet weapon.

It's in the OP, dude.

SumYungGui posted:

Okay, I've Logged In For The First Time. What Do I Do?

When you log in, you'll be stuck in a mysterious little room with a magical transportation machine behind you. Spend some time here to get your keymap in order if you need to (HINT: hit ALT to switch modes in order to move your mouse around). Alternate control schemes can be chosen from the Options (ctrl+O) menu, under the Controls tab. If you're comfortable with a WoW-style setup, you'll want to pick MMORPG Modeless. Also, do yourself a favor and remap your cut/copy/paste controls to use ctrl-x, ctrl-c and ctrl-v respectively).

Also, even as a Teras Kasi Artist (unarmed), you'll still likely need weapons. Stuff like knuckles, etc.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Avoid making a TK as your first dude in my view. It's a painful grind to novice and still fairly painful to master. You have ten slots so is recommend one of the easier classes to get master on so you can at least make easy cash and not feel utterly poo poo.

Here's my advice! Go human, max the secondaries in mind and the remaining points into mind primary. Ask for $$, fly to Goon Town, get invite, get some swoops armour once buffed. Head Kadara on naboo. Head south and rape everything in site till brawler xx4x and then head back to goon town and take missions for quenkers and picket plains walkers. Get a speed sliced curved sword when you have the certificate in brawler. 2 speed is the best.

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
Whoa, I'm an idiot. I've skimmed through the OP like a half a dozen times, too. Thanks for the warnings against unarmed.

I may very well do exactly what you advise later, Tai. Why specifically human? And won't I have to subtract points from my other stats to push up mind?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yes you will. Drain everything from everywhere else.

Once you are buffed and wearing comp armour, you'll have 80% resists. The doc buffs (action/health primary and secondary) are far stronger and last a good deal longer then mind (entertainer buffs). You won't need to ever bother with entertainers. Buy some crates of brandy (mind buff) and rock and roll for longer and laugh at idiots spending 5 minutes watching entertainers when they don't need to.

Going all secondary mind will set you up later on for big game if you go down that road and rnt buffs are needed.

Tl;dr ent buffs are pointless if you do above. Gives you more time in the field instead of wasting your doc buff timers.

Doc buffs are 3 hours. Ent buffs are 2 hours. It takes 5 mins watching to get them and after 2 hours you need to rinse and repeat do you might aswell just refresh doc buffs or come back in another 45 mins. 3 hours of bashing going all mind.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Nilbog Resident posted:

Hit Ctrl O (options), click controls, at the bottom click keymap, then in the presets click MMORPG modeless or MMORPG modeless (EQ) depending on if you want to hit your buttons with F keys or number keys. Now your game has WASD movement and enter to chat!

I really need to get going on that Corellian avian meat. I was mixing it up with insect meat which is ungodly difficult to acquire.

I guess Carrion Spats are good farm for it. Are Ranger harvest droids a thing yet? I'm gonna get out and grab some for you today if it's still around.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 14, 2014

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^

Tai posted:

Yes you will. Drain everything from everywhere else.

Once you are buffed and wearing comp armour, you'll have 80% resists. The doc buffs (action/health primary and secondary) are far stronger and last a good deal longer then mind (entertainer buffs). You won't need to ever bother with entertainers. Buy some crates of brandy (mind buff) and rock and roll for longer and laugh at idiots spending 5 minutes watching entertainers when they don't need to.

Going all secondary mind will set you up later on for big game if you go down that road and rnt buffs are needed.

Tl;dr ent buffs are pointless if you do above. Gives you more time in the field instead of wasting your doc buff timers.

Doc buffs are 3 hours. Ent buffs are 2 hours. It takes 5 mins watching to get them and after 2 hours you need to rinse and repeat do you might aswell just refresh doc buffs or come back in another 45 mins. 3 hours of bashing going all mind.

This all makes perfect sense, but is it really feasible on my first character? I feel like it hinges really hard on finding someone in an exceptionally generous mood and then it being mandatory to find a doctor every time I wanna go fight stuff due to the huge stat imbalance (could be wrong here, I don't know).

Thanks, Westy

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Docs are all over. Every major NPC city had one in the med centre and a lot of player cities have them. Coronet has like 2-5 at anyone time and goontown should have 1-2. It also had a solo group, trainers and vendors.

Buffs cost 15-20 k for all 6 attributes for 3 hours of slaughter.

Get in the steam group and ask for cash to get swoops, armour, buff money etc. everyone is probably rich now and can throw you a million to get set up.

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
Welp I'm in the mantina as stantonsgrave

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Nilbog Resident posted:

This all makes perfect sense, but is it really feasible on my first character? I feel like it hinges really hard on finding someone in an exceptionally generous mood and then it being mandatory to find a doctor every time I wanna go fight stuff due to the huge stat imbalance (could be wrong here, I don't know).

Thanks, Westy

You will get destroyed by anything even moderately difficult without some armor. Armor is obscenely heavy on your (base) stat pools. I doubt you would be able to even equip composite armor. And Ubese would destroy your pools so much that your regeneration would be 0 and your ability costs would be through the roof.

If you know what you're doing - even starting from scratch - you can easily start fighting things that would otherwise tear your face before your first buffs wear off. And even if you don't know what you're doing you should be able to make enough to cover your next set of buffs and then some. Just keep running missions and don't die (I don't know if you even COULD die on novice brawler solo missions with buffs and armor. Things will be hitting you for 1).

Ugato fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 15, 2014

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
So I have an inordinate sum of creds and some select pieces of real nice Composite thanks to Seredith, currently hanging out in Goon Town. I think I'll try to grind up to xx4x as fast as I can like Tai suggested before I worry about trying to maximize my returns on missions, since I have a nice little buffer zone now. Thanks for all the help dudes.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any gentle goon fancy farming up 500k-1m of this? Ideally 1m

http://galaxyharvester.net/resource.py/14/plevuvyun

It will have despawned by the time I get back in game. I'll pay of course. This stuff will be quick and easy to farm. Probably take 1 buff session for 1m units and I'll offer 2.5cpu (someone correct me of I'm low balling). I really need this stuff but urgh Amazon is sucking.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Nilbog Resident posted:

So I have an inordinate sum of creds and some select pieces of real nice Composite thanks to Seredith, currently hanging out in Goon Town. I think I'll try to grind up to xx4x as fast as I can like Tai suggested before I worry about trying to maximize my returns on missions, since I have a nice little buffer zone now. Thanks for all the help dudes.

Money in this game is pretty easy to come by if you don't mind grinding out missions or you craft things. Maximizing your xp is going to be about the same as maximizing your income. Generally you're not going to want to wander around randomly fighting things. Just keep running missions. The difficulty does not increase proportionate to your damage so you'll start being able to kill things rather quickly as time goes on.

That's the good part about missions - they tell you where to find exactly the kind of lairs you're looking for. At first it keeps you safe. Later it keeps you from wasting time.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Tai posted:

It will have despawned by the time I get back in game. I'll pay of course. This stuff will be quick and easy to farm. Probably take 1 buff session for 1m units and I'll offer 2.5cpu (someone correct me of I'm low balling). I really need this stuff but urgh Amazon is sucking.

I'll double post since it's something I'm actually curious about. I was a TK/Ranger on live because I was friends with one of the biggest tailors on our server and her bio-engineer buddy. I was basically her supplier while I went and killed rancors for money all day (unless there was a profitable resource to gather). I left backpacks full of hides in her house for her and despite me telling her I didn't need money she'd send some anyway. The missions were mindless and somewhat enjoyable as a time waster. I imagine we have at least a couple dedicated crafters in GS but would there be a lot of demand for random hides and bones from Dathomir in between the big resources that occasionally pop up?

IIRC tailor is about the only profession that flat out doesn't care about quality.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
There is a demand on the server for 1 CPU animal resources.

Best ones I farmed were wooly hide on rori off some animal I forgot.

But by far the best place for random stuff on dathomir. Go far to the south till you hit a flat area and roam around smashing rancors and whatever else spawns but the rancors yield 1k of each resource sling with dropping some good loot (hides and teeth aswell as potential legendary weapons). You can pull it loads of stuff and it roll shift at a decent speed for 1 CPU off a vendor.

So anyone want to farm that dath resource i linked earlier pretty please. I can't get in game till late next week :sad:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Tai posted:

There is a demand on the server for 1 CPU animal resources.

Best ones I farmed were wooly hide on rori off some animal I forgot.

But by far the best place for random stuff on dathomir. Go far to the south till you hit a flat area and roam around smashing rancors and whatever else spawns but the rancors yield 1k of each resource sling with dropping some good loot (hides and teeth aswell as potential legendary weapons). You can pull it loads of stuff and it roll shift at a decent speed for 1 CPU off a vendor.

So anyone want to farm that dath resource i linked earlier pretty please. I can't get in game till late next week :sad:

I make no promises but I will tell you that I'm sorely tempted to log in tonight, start dropping rifle and start leveling scout. The non-gathering skills will suck to level. But I don't remember master scout being nearly the pain that master ranger is. I will see what time and my inclination allows.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
One of the changes from live they made is that master rangers gets a gigantic boost to creature harvesting. The master ranger box alone gives like +60 or something.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

SumYungGui posted:

One of the changes from live they made is that master rangers gets a gigantic boost to creature harvesting. The master ranger box alone gives like +60 or something.

Hey you, master ranger. Farm some stuff for me bro!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Ugato posted:

I make no promises but I will tell you that I'm sorely tempted to log in tonight, start dropping rifle and start leveling scout. The non-gathering skills will suck to level. But I don't remember master scout being nearly the pain that master ranger is. I will see what time and my inclination allows.

What is your other combat line appart from rifles

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Really enjoyed playing the emu despite there not being a "goal" (i.e. Jedi...GIMMEH). But my laptop just can't handle it.

The :tinfoil: in me says "The longer they can delay Jedi, the longer they can get donations" but they don't seem to making much, if any, money off the project. Then the line about 'we want to make it as bug free as possible THEN worry about Jedi" is bullshit since SOE never worried about such a thing :spergin:

Plus I really wish they would jack up the xp reward by about 10 times what it is now.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Most don't really care about Jedi on the server honestly. Considering it's a couple of devs who do this in their spare time for fun, they actually get a lot done. Not sure why you are comparing them to SoE but ok. The game is fine. It had relatively few bugs (because they fix them) and the server is overall stable. The exp rate is fine. Lairs are going to give some exp (if not already?).

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Tai posted:

What is your other combat line appart from rifles

master TK which I'm probably going to swap to... pistols I guess? I have to do some math to figure out what I want to do but I know master scout is part of BH. BH/pistol was a combo I really liked.

Master scout/ranger gather 4 is 97 points. If I want master pistoleer and BH/pistols 4 I have to forgo 3 skills in the ranger gather tree. So I may just stick with TK (or fencer, or 2h) because it's 92 to get master in any of those. With ranger gather 4 and master (melee profession) I have 51 spare points to work with. That's enough to get a decent way into medic, but not nearly enough for master, thus I'd only benefit from the stimpak boosting trees. leaving me with 8 floating points. Or, I can master Ranger and have... 8 floating points. So... master ranger it is I guess? I never really saw much point in using stimpaks. Your mind is almost always going to be the death of you no matter what.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 16, 2014

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Master rifle/ranger is far superior to pistol or tka . Two hand is also excellent with ranger

Tai fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 16, 2014

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Tai posted:

Master rifle/ranger is far superior to pistol or tka . Two hand is also excellent with ranger

Master pistol is pretty dumb. Fan shot and eye shot with max speed really obliterates things. I'm not really trying to decide what's most powerful because I remember this game quite well. I think the only combat thing I didn't master at some point was pikeman. If I get back serious into it I'll probably just be power hammer farming rancors all the drat time.

TK is just an efficiency thing. I love meditate. Never have to worry about poison, disease, wounds, etc. and the damage with a good VK is respectable. Nothing as hideous as a maxed out power hammer with speed tapes or one of the take your pick insane damage rifles for PvP or PvE. But it's still easy to walk up to lairs and spam unarmed spin and let everything run to you then die 30 seconds later.

I'm only about half way through rifle with master TK. You are correct that rifle is better for damage output. But I just don't have the time I used to. Heck, my house proofed on me despite having a 150k in maintenance on it.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 16, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Tai posted:

I'll see if I can't try and get on tonight. I've not been to Dath before, but now as good a time as ever!

I need to pick up some 90% Composite at some point so I can drop my attack speed AAs on them... or just pick up a really nice AA for this Mabari Armorweave belt. I think I need like 18 points to max out with the PH I own.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Westy543 posted:

I'll see if I can't try and get on tonight. I've not been to Dath before, but now as good a time as ever!

I need to pick up some 90% Composite at some point so I can drop my attack speed AAs on them... or just pick up a really nice AA for this Mabari Armorweave belt. I think I need like 18 points to max out with the PH I own.

Look for Malkloc iirc. I can't remember exactly why but I recall the Kwi being a no-go for me. Either because they're annoying or they don't give much in resources. Possibly both. Probably worth a try anyway, but those are the two animals you'll find it on.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Yep. Kwi's are poo poo for yield. I've got 1mil of Plevuvyun waiting for you, Tai. When and where?

Edit: Hey speaking of, so since I'm looking to tape myself for swords- am I best off getting a nice full 90% kin suit and then just having that repaired and socket a few pieces? Never was a fan of minisuits so I'd grab a full, less maint that way. Or am I better just getting a sizable point AA in a Mabari belt and the rest in CAs? 2h melee speed CAs seem super rare. Only one I found was +6.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 17, 2014

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
You sir are the best. I should be around next week towards the later half assuming amazon stop sucking dick. Don't worry if I'm not around next week, just keep hold if it and I'll definitely buy it. You might want to grab some more and either sell it or stock pile it as am investment or possible use. It's poo poo hit stuff.

Try to get CA's rather then AA's for the expensive tapes such as 2h speed, accuracy. AA's are used for your special suit (90% or the 36% stun armour). Do NOT use 90% stuff for grinding or krayts. It's only for Nightsister spinning and pvp. But still keep your major stats in clothing. Armour eventually breaks and you need to replace that tape. The major stats to put in clothing is further down.

The important one is 2h speed. You need +19 if you are master sword and +14 if you are master sword/brawl (far more superior).

Ignore the next stuff about tapes if you don't plan to hunt night sisters /singing mountain clan.

The next start to work on is 2h melee accuracy. Get 25. A lot of stuff blinds if you plan to big game hunt.

Defense vs posture down, knock down and dizzy are next with dizzy being the most important. The skill caps at 125 before food do depending on your template, get as much of this as possible. I've probably forgotten a tape to get.

Don't bother with melee def, counterattack tapes to high PvE with. The npc's have a huge accuracy modifier so they don't do anything on anything that is remotely a challenge.

Socket in shirt, gloves and leggings (clothes not armour). Avoid using a belt for sockets unless you really have to. Get the 4 socket BE clothing with bleed def for a shirt and a 4 socket +25 injury/wound treatment pants.

Armour, don't use a full armour suit. It rapes your stats, it costs more and if you don't notice a piece breaks, you take full damage.

Head, chest, boots and bicep OR bracer. Don't get gloves. This gives you the same protection as a full suit. Yes it's dumb but who cares.

Tai fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 17, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Oh, well all I hunt is animals (mswords/mranger) so I'm just looking to speed up the time it takes to spin lairs. Guess I'll go searching for SEAs to put in clothing and the belt.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
If you really only going to do lairs, 2h speed is rely all you need. Luxury tapes are counterattack, melee def, def vs dizzy/down/knock down, 2h accuracy and def vs blind. I wouldn't bother buying luxury tapes unless you see a killer deal. Don't even bother with an expensive hammer either. A 450 max damage hammer works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nisroc
Feb 20, 2011
Is this the relevant thread for spies?

• Locked thread