Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

That server sounds way more what I want then the swgemu servers. But I registered an account but every single webpage just says I don't have permission to look at it. Maybe a bit too paranoid here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

randombattle posted:

That server sounds way more what I want then the swgemu servers. But I registered an account but every single webpage just says I don't have permission to look at it. Maybe a bit too paranoid here.

PM me with the account name you registered with, i'll get you squared away.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I don't have pm's but I used randombattle there too. Just seems a bit silly to not have the email page viewable.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I don't have PM's either, but I registered as pringles. And yes, way too paranoid. Really need a better system.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Levarris posted:

Bloodfin has:
- Balanced Pre-CU Combat Professions

Does this mean you've done something to fix the hilarious brokeness of SWG's weapon speed skill?

Into the Ocean
May 13, 2010

I'll give the Bloodfin thing a shot. Registered as Intotheocean.

Into the Ocean fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 15, 2014

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi
Pringles, intotheocean. Your accounts are active.

Auto-registration on the server is enabled again as well so you can log right in once you've downloaded our client side patch. Bear in mind we are getting ready for a new patch on Friday, there will be a new installer released with further client side updates on friday.

http://www.bloodfin.net/BloodfinEMU_Setup.exe

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Im in as Ahdinko, if you can verify me please :)

You guys really should at least fix the thing that says "You'll get a verification email in a minute" to at least say "go email this address to get in". Your server sounds really cool but the lack of numbers is a bit of a worry, and I can see why you've got a lack of numbers (its the auth system)
Also you seem to have less rights as a registered, unverified user, than you do as a guest? Like you can't even view the forum once you've registered

I wonder if we can get the guild running again on the Bloodfin server? Sounds like people might stick around for longer if they have more to do. Also yesssss Jedi!

Edit: The bloodfin forums don't really say much about where you're going with the server and the end goal. Whats the plans for Bloodfin? Would we ever see stuff like JTL because SWG with Jedi and JTL would be like the perfect recreation ever for me

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Oct 16, 2014

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I'm interested, but I don't have the time. Are there any videos/screenshots/etc. showing off the cool poo poo that Bloodfin has that SWGEmu doesn't/never will have to whet my appetite a little?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I just want to have a small house on Tatooine, build cool droids for my small shop, cruise around the dunes, kill an occasional womp rat and get drunk in Mos Eisley on the weekends. Is that too much to ask? Goddamnit SOE.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Drone posted:

I'm interested, but I don't have the time. Are there any videos/screenshots/etc. showing off the cool poo poo that Bloodfin has that SWGEmu doesn't/never will have to whet my appetite a little?

I am terrible with video editing, but I will prepare a choice selection of screenshots.

Ahdinko posted:

Im in as Ahdinko, if you can verify me please :)

You guys really should at least fix the thing that says "You'll get a verification email in a minute" to at least say "go email this address to get in". Your server sounds really cool but the lack of numbers is a bit of a worry, and I can see why you've got a lack of numbers (its the auth system)
Also you seem to have less rights as a registered, unverified user, than you do as a guest? Like you can't even view the forum once you've registered

I wonder if we can get the guild running again on the Bloodfin server? Sounds like people might stick around for longer if they have more to do. Also yesssss Jedi!

Edit: The bloodfin forums don't really say much about where you're going with the server and the end goal. Whats the plans for Bloodfin? Would we ever see stuff like JTL because SWG with Jedi and JTL would be like the perfect recreation ever for me

We plan to have JTL ready before the end of this year actually. SWGEmu wont have it for a few more years.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi
Per Drone's Request. Here is a selection of Screenshots of some of the lovely pixels you can acquire on Bloodfin.

Working Jedi and FRS System

Enhanced Player Bounty System

Bounties, they aren't just for Jedi anymore. Any player deathblown by another in PvP is given the ability to be a sniveling little toad and place a bounty on the head of the person who killed him. Fun for all involved.

NGE Era Housing

Available new structures include:
  • Mustafarian Bunker
  • Sith Meditation Room
  • Jedi Meditation Room
  • Yoda's House
  • AT-AT House
  • Hangar
  • Garage
  • Bespin Cloud House
  • Windowed Houses
  • Bath House
  • & More

NGE Era Speeders / Pod Racers

Available new vehicles include:
  • Barc Speeder
  • Imperial Command BARC
  • Rebel Command BARC
  • Desert Skiff
  • Lava Skiff
  • v35 Landspeeder
  • xp38 Landspeeder
  • ab1 Landspeeder
  • Several Pod Racer Models

New Loot

- A very wide variety of new loot items are available in both new content dungeons, and in the new Planets.

New Planets

A first for any SWG Emulator, two new custom planets built from the ground up. Well, one of them anyway. Hoth is based on taanab which was in the client files since beta. Dromund Kaas however is completely built from the ground up through the painstaking efforts of myself and a few small contributions from within the SWG modding community.

Both planets are packed to the brim with new content, loot, things to kill, stuff to do.

How do I play?
First, have a "legally" obtained copy of Star Wars Galaxies.
Second, download the latest Bloodfin Installer: This adds the necessary client side files which contain all of the new content available only on the Bloodfin Emu Server. You can download that here: http://www.bloodfin.net/BloodfinEMU_Setup.exe

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Levarris posted:

Auto-registration on the server is enabled again as well so you can log right in once you've downloaded our client side patch. Bear in mind we are getting ready for a new patch on Friday, there will be a new installer released with further client side updates on friday.

Not to be a pain in the rear end but the client tells me that auto registration is not enabled.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

randombattle posted:

Not to be a pain in the rear end but the client tells me that auto registration is not enabled.

It will be, we have it disabled while we are working on getting our new patch loaded to the server. If it isn't re-enabled tonight, it will be tomorrow 100%.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
auto-reg still disabled. IGN name same as forums name

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Moatillata posted:

auto-reg still disabled. IGN name same as forums name

Server is up, Auto-Reg is now enabled.

New patch installer is available at: http://www.bloodfin.net/Bloodfin_Hoth_Kaas_Patch.exe or http://www.mediafire.com/download/b47ykjb62wjkr78/Bloodfin_Hoth_Kaas_Patch.exe

Levarris fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 17, 2014

Isurion
Jul 28, 2007

Levarris posted:

We plan to have JTL ready before the end of this year actually.

Please post in this thread when this happens.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

There is one thing that will sell me on Bloodfin Emu.

Please tell me you've got the cosmetic item system worked in that I heard NGE had. Something similar to LOTRO or a lot of other modern MMOs where you can have one set of clothing/armor equipped, but display another set of clothing/armor on your character.

Running around in composite armor (with everyone else wearing composite armor) is boring as hell. I'm a master tailor on SWGEmu and like making my spacemen look like pretty princesses.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Drone posted:

There is one thing that will sell me on Bloodfin Emu.

Please tell me you've got the cosmetic item system worked in that I heard NGE had. Something similar to LOTRO or a lot of other modern MMOs where you can have one set of clothing/armor equipped, but display another set of clothing/armor on your character.

Running around in composite armor (with everyone else wearing composite armor) is boring as hell. I'm a master tailor on SWGEmu and like making my spacemen look like pretty princesses.

Man I wish. Appearance Tab was one of the best things they implemented in the NGE. Unfortunately this would require editing the client executable itself and that is just not possible to do.

We are however balancing out armor so comp armor isn't the only thing everyone wears. We don't care if Comp armor was #1 in a vanilla pre-cu setting. We don't want vanilla pre-cu. We want fixed pre-cu, and thats what we're doin. Fixing all the stuff we hate about it and making it better.

Levarris fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 17, 2014

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Levarris posted:

We plan to have JTL ready before the end of this year actually. SWGEmu wont have it for a few more years.

:eyepop:

I am so sold. You are the best ever.

Edit: I still don't have the powers to view the forum :( Can you sort my account out Levarris? (username Ahdinko)
Thanks!

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 17, 2014

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

Levarris posted:

PM me with the account name you registered with, i'll get you squared away.

Registered as iamthehans if you get a chance

thank god i found my 2003 install disc its only 3 disc right?

iamthehans fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 17, 2014

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

iamthehans posted:

Registered as iamthehans if you get a chance

thank god i found my 2003 install disc its only 3 disc right?

Just download the patches from the links I provided above and you will be able to get in game. Registration for the bloodfin.net forum is completely unnecessary and requires you to wait for a fat pubbie bitch to approve your access just to look around that forum. Anything pertinent to bloodfin you can just as easily find out in this thread.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I made a wookiee who's name is Dudebacca. No idea what I'm doing just like every time I play swg. Maybe I'll make some belts.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

randombattle posted:

I made a wookiee who's name is Dudebacca. No idea what I'm doing just like every time I play swg. Maybe I'll make some belts.

Outstanding.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
On the subject of the Appearance tab, couldn't a new radial option to be added to wearables called something like "Equip Appearance"? And then some sort of option to toggle the paper doll in the inventory window to show either the "real" equipment or the appearance stuff? I'm not sure how much flexibility to modify the interface there is, but I'd assume that everything appearance-related would be server-side and you'd just need to finagle the interface to deal with it.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I have 2 sets of CD's that myself and my GF play. Is it possible to have 2 accounts on the same IP?

Also, how many characters are you allowed per account? Is it SWG style of 1 or have you allowed more.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Tai posted:

I have 2 sets of CD's that myself and my GF play. Is it possible to have 2 accounts on the same IP?

Also, how many characters are you allowed per account? Is it SWG style of 1 or have you allowed more.

Yeah, you just have to ask a GM to assist you with makin a second account. You can have 10 chars per account and 5 online at a time I believe.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How many online on average per day? SWGEmu averages 1.6-2k (well it did) and frankly, it's a fairly busy server. I'll give bloodfin a shot if it actually has a decent population.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Tai posted:

How many online on average per day? SWGEmu averages 1.6-2k (well it did) and frankly, it's a fairly busy server. I'll give bloodfin a shot if it actually has a decent population.

I'd say 200-300 daily right now. As for SWGEmu's numbers on basilisk, face one all important thing. Those are not all unique IPs connected, those are a wide variety of bot alts.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

That was my big problem with basilisk. Yeah theres a couple thousand characters online but no one was doing anything or talking.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Tai posted:

I've been playing for a couple of hours now on Bloodfin. It does feel quieter than Basilisk, and the ingame market reflects that (Right now im having difficulty finding a food and chemical crafting tool)
But already from being in game for a few hours I can see that it is much more complete than SWGemu. The NGE housing and vehicles are cool, I see droids for sale which apparently work in Bloodfin, as does Creature Handling. Stuff like Jedi, functioning bounty hunting, extra planets and the other dungeons being in game give you a lot more to do too.

The only thing I could say isn't an improvement over the pre-cu swg/swgemu is the 4x xp, I'm already novice rifleman after a dozen missions and for me it cheapens the feel, but that's just horses for courses I guess.

Also:

Levarris posted:

Now that they have auto-registration working, I can see Bloodfin server being the more popular server when JTL arrives as it almost adds a second game into SWG.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 19, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I really want to see the JTL content. I never played SWG when the spaceships were added.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Ahdinko posted:

The only thing I could say isn't an improvement over the pre-cu swg/swgemu is the 4x xp, I'm already novice rifleman after a dozen missions and for me it cheapens the feel, but that's just horses for courses I guess.

I feel you on the 4x XP. I'd like to see it normalized, but I am overruled on that by my pubbie colleagues on the dev team here.

As for the availability of goods, dedicated crafters is definitely something the server has been lacking unfortunately

Levarris fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 19, 2014

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Ahdinko posted:

I've been playing for a couple of hours now on Bloodfin. It does feel quieter than Basilisk, and the ingame market reflects that (Right now im having difficulty finding a food and chemical crafting tool)

You see a hindrance, I see a market waiting to be exploited. :getin:

I just tried to download that most recent client-side patch you linked, Levarris, but I'm getting a 404. For registrations, do you still want us to post here/PM you, or does it actually work through the site now?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
There's a secondary link to a mediafire upload somewhere.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b47ykjb62wjkr78/Bloodfin_Hoth_Kaas_Patch.exe

Thar we go.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Drone posted:

You see a hindrance, I see a market waiting to be exploited. :getin:

I just tried to download that most recent client-side patch you linked, Levarris, but I'm getting a 404. For registrations, do you still want us to post here/PM you, or does it actually work through the site now?

You dont need to register on the site at all unless you want to read through the bloodfin pubbie forums. Just download the installers, and autoregistration on the server is enabled (limited to one account per IP), the forum account is separate from the account on the server, despite what it might say on the bloodfin.net forum.

Bloodfin Patch Files
http://www.bloodfin.net/BloodfinEMU_Setup.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b47ykjb62wjkr78/Bloodfin_Hoth_Kaas_Patch.exe

You need both of those in order to play.

Levarris fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Oct 19, 2014

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

Levarris posted:

I feel you on the 4x XP. I'd like to see it normalized, but I am overruled on that by my pubbie colleagues on the dev team here.

As for the availability of goods, dedicated crafters is definitely something the server has been lacking unfortunately

I'd love to craft again but getting resources might take some time if i don't level a combat prof first.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I'll probably give it a shot at some point. Despite SWGemu having a lot of bots, it does make life easier getting buffs etc. A big factor for me also is the economy. It's huge on Emu and its a booming one.

Can I get a few price comparisons if someone isn't busy?

650 DMG Power Hammer
4 piece comp mini suit
A set of doc buffs. Are ent/doc buffs frequent?
A +10 2H speed clothing tape or price per point.
1 Swoop
1 server best BER heavy mineral miner.
A +10 survey clothing attachment or price per point.

Are there many cities and are they ghost towns?
Is it Jedi online?

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Levarris posted:

Man I wish. Appearance Tab was one of the best things they implemented in the NGE. Unfortunately this would require editing the client executable itself and that is just not possible to do.

We are however balancing out armor so comp armor isn't the only thing everyone wears. We don't care if Comp armor was #1 in a vanilla pre-cu setting. We don't want vanilla pre-cu. We want fixed pre-cu, and thats what we're doin. Fixing all the stuff we hate about it and making it better.

So... what CU would have been if SOE listened to the community. This is sounding better and better, I just hope it gets some popularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Westy543 posted:

So... what CU would have been if SOE listened to the community. This is sounding better and better, I just hope it gets some popularity.

The server gets a little busier every day.

• Locked thread