Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Well I super love dinosaurs so this seems like an odd but welcome combination.

e: They have my favorite dinosaur too :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Slayerjerman posted:

I just plopped down $25 for the early access today and it is utter poo poo, so much so that I'm worried this is going to turn into another WarZ / Towns / Earth 2066 clusterfuck.
Man, this is what I feared. I specifically thought of WarZ when I was debating whether to pick it up. Glad I decided to wait. Hopefully it's only just a rough landing. :ohdear:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Is there any dev diary? So far it appears to just be forum posts. Those tend to relieve anxiety (or raise it) because you can more or less see how the devs go about designing things and why. If and how they respond to player/supporter criticism is useful too. Not to say we should be entitled to a webcam of the development room, but just knowing how the developer works and thinks through things can go a long way to seeing how the game may turn out.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Wafflz posted:

Wow, how does one go from normal everyday person that goes to school, work, whatever to posting a 14 minute rant on youtube about a video game release date?
You're probably overestimating the number of outside activities he's involved in.

That said, I really hope this turns out decent. They already have examples of good and bad games in the genre. Just a matter of paying attention, I guess.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Yardbomb posted:

Pretty sad if so. Glad I didn't spend any money on it, but I'm really disappointed that an actual neat ~survival~ setting for once is getting wasted like this, while loving zombies continue to roll out by the dozens.

Echoing this :smith:. Based on the newsless PR dude and the mute Dev, I have little faith of this actually turning out complete. I can see this being one of those games that gets developed at a glacial pace, bug fixed and then quietly abandoned as a half-game.

It can also be a case of a distant but hard-working dev, but this feels all too familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I know better to be optimistic still for this, but the way they've handled all of it is pretty awful. I have reason to believe they'll fart out a few substantial content updates, but I don't really see this game evolving past a barely plausible DayZ clone.

• Locked thread