Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Is getting something to play with your preorder somehow worse than just the promise of a game?

Like, I get that if you buy a game you expect a finished game, but EA stuff is pretty explicitly a preorder that lets you gently caress around with whatever in-development version they have until it properly releases. Some EA games are gonna be pretty close to done, some are gonna be very very far from done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah, I can't think of any deadlines for the early access games I've looked at. You should go into any early access game knowing that it could be anywhere from barely a game to essentially finished (or do the smarter thing and don't buy early access games).

or buy them with your expectations managed because it's literally a preorder

• Locked thread